+ Reply
Page 147 of 336 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137145146147148149 157 197 247 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 6714

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
I see the reason I miss half the replys now haha. I end up unsubscribing, because I subscribed to an iWidget thread, but its more like a hang out. General
...
  1. #2921
    Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    DaytonaBeach, FL
    Posts
    6,230
    Thanks
    4,952
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,374 Posts

    I see the reason I miss half the replys now haha. I end up unsubscribing, because I subscribed to an iWidget thread, but its more like a hang out. General pub room ha

    I wanted to add one more thing before I go. Since iOS6 added this, we experience better battery life, and memory use from our widgets. Dont go overboard with adding everything to GPU acceleration. This will lead to terrible battery life and alot of memory used that is not needed.

    Thanks

    Further explanation and source
    http://junesgraphics.blogspot.com/20...ngesfixes.html
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 02-25-2013 at 05:16 PM.

  2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

    Hosko817 (02-27-2013), Ian Nicoll (02-25-2013), King_O_Hill (02-25-2013), meth357 (11-23-2013), Simon (02-25-2013), stratnik (02-26-2013), The.Drifter (02-26-2013), The_Durben (02-25-2013)

  3. #2922
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    45,642
    Thanks
    6,278
    Thanked 14,237 Times in 6,671 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    I see the reason I miss half the replys now haha. I end up unsubscribing, because I subscribed to an iWidget thread, but its more like a hang out. General pub room ha

    I wanted to add one more thing before I go. Since iOS6 added this, we experience better battery life, and memory use from our widgets. Dont go overboard with adding everything to GPU acceleration. This will lead to terrible battery life and alot of memory used that is not needed.

    Thanks
    Things tend to go sometimes

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (02-25-2013), Krima (02-26-2013), The_Durben (02-25-2013)

  5. #2923
    The Mechanic The_Durben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    34,942
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    I wish I could catch every reply on this topic, but I never seem to be able to.

    From what I gather, iOS6 takes away from all css hardware acceleration. It only does certain items. So in theory if you had multiple objects, iOS will only render the object that is in front. This could lead to issues with the object behind it, because it is not hardware accelerated.

    If it is not accelerated then the change of the image on top, will render the object on the bottom. As an animation continues.

    Pretty simple to force hardware acceleration. Somethings that will do this are.

    #yourelement{
    -webkit-transform: translateZ(0);
    }


    #yourelement {
    -webkit-transform: translate3d(0, 0, 0);
    }

    #yourelement {
    -webkit-perspective: 1000;
    -webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;
    }


    Now this isnt a fix, just a work around. As always you should be careful what uses hardware acceleration.

    Note the values above will not change your object at all. It will only place it for hardware acceleration, because it thinks the values actually change the object.

    Also posted on my blog awhile back Junes Graphics: iOS6 HTML Changes and Fixes
    Great tips June, cheers my man

    translateZ is iffy still. I have a few animations that run this for a slideshow and its still buggy

    Gonna play with perspective though and see if it helps other issues

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    Ian Nicoll (02-25-2013), June'sIphone (02-25-2013), King_O_Hill (02-25-2013), meth357 (11-23-2013), The.Drifter (02-26-2013)

  7. #2924
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    270
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked 84 Times in 60 Posts

    does anyone know if the "location services" arrow/GPS for Mylocation always suppose to be on? I dont think I've ever noticed it, if so?

    Also, is there a tutorial on how to make iWidgets? video, step by step manual or something? I need some shelves lol and want to make me some.

    Thanks!

  8. #2925
    Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    DaytonaBeach, FL
    Posts
    6,230
    Thanks
    4,952
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,374 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Great tips June, cheers my man

    translateZ is iffy still. I have a few animations that run this for a slideshow and its still buggy

    Gonna play with perspective though and see if it helps other issues
    No problem ive had it help on a few things, yet to try on uniAW or Falling leaves. Maybe in a day or so.

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

    Ian Nicoll (02-26-2013), King_O_Hill (02-25-2013), The.Drifter (02-26-2013), The_Durben (02-25-2013)

  10. #2926
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,189
    Thanks
    37,654
    Thanked 15,210 Times in 5,538 Posts

    June is 100% dead on with being able to force the GPU acceleration, as they pertain to transform, Z and 3D. I thought that was a little deep if I posted it, but I guess you just never know.

    Great explanation June, as always you seem to be right on top of things!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
    does anyone know if the "location services" arrow/GPS for Mylocation always suppose to be on? I dont think I've ever noticed it, if so?
    This is normal.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Ian Nicoll (02-26-2013), Jersey Girl (02-25-2013), June'sIphone (02-25-2013), The.Drifter (02-26-2013), The_Durben (02-25-2013)

  12. #2927
    The Modder Supporter zplit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,565
    Thanks
    5,937
    Thanked 5,401 Times in 2,657 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
    does anyone know if the "location services" arrow/GPS for Mylocation always suppose to be on? I dont think I've ever noticed it, if so?

    Also, is there a tutorial on how to make iWidgets? video, step by step manual or something? I need some shelves lol and want to make me some.

    Thanks!
    Where u got that dock from my friend? TIA

  13. #2928
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    270
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked 84 Times in 60 Posts

    I believe it was shared by ferlop15 in the boss.ios thread. I'll posted in a few. On mobile & driving 😐

    Dock mask is from Pinoy

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jersey Girl For This Useful Post:

    zplit (02-25-2013)

  15. #2929
    The Modder Supporter zplit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,565
    Thanks
    5,937
    Thanked 5,401 Times in 2,657 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
    I believe it was shared by ferlop15 in the boss.ios thread. I'll posted in a few. On mobile & driving 😐

    Dock mask is from Pinoy
    Thank u girl and plz stop driving and texting

  16. #2930
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    270
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked 84 Times in 60 Posts

    Here you go Z... Credits to there respectful creators, Pinoy for the mask and a thank you for the awesome lightning dock to the original creator. I'm not sure it was FIF7Y‎

    P.S
    **leave the size of the dock how it is as this is what causes the "lighting" look - regularly it is suppose to be 640x90 but leave at 640x72 for this awesome look**

    @Sharon10.... Queria personalmente agradecerle por su ayuda afuera del foro y por enseñarme unas cuantas cositas nuevas. Gracias y ya sabe cualquier cosa q necesite, solo pregunteme.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jersey Girl For This Useful Post:

    simer_cool (02-27-2013), zplit (02-26-2013)

  18. #2931
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 2 Posts

    Hey there...I'm new to the forum...I've been seeing the above dock effect on a few of the posts...How is that done? (I'm assuming it's not an iWidget.) Thanks

  19. #2932
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,189
    Thanks
    37,654
    Thanked 15,210 Times in 5,538 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by azsparks View Post
    Hey there...I'm new to the forum...I've been seeing the above dock effect on a few of the posts...How is that done? (I'm assuming it's not an iWidget.) Thanks
    Welcome aboard bro!

    I think that might be from Pinoy above. I'm not much of a dock changer, I use whatever comes with a theme. Now that I think of it, I'm not sure why, anyway I'm sure someone here can get you a link or point you in the right direction.

    How did you end up on this thread first, if you don't mind me asking?
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  20. #2933
    Banned DA_GHOST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,546
    Thanks
    1,884
    Thanked 2,876 Times in 1,454 Posts

    Anybody here that can mod an html lockscreen for me inbox me, i will buy you a theme or tweak.thanks in advance

  21. #2934
    Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    DaytonaBeach, FL
    Posts
    6,230
    Thanks
    4,952
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,374 Posts

    Good way to test accelerated animations

    Type this in chrome: chrome://flags/

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

    GUNNY29 (02-26-2013), The.Drifter (02-26-2013)

  23. #2935
    What's Jailbreak? LordThanos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hi all

    Thx for the great widgets being made.

    I made this celestial clock but its too blurry, with rough aliasing. I used the file from the stock clock, then resize it to 172x172.
    Size of my source image is 700x700. So how do i get it retina???
    Also how do i remove 'PM' ?
    Thx for helping in advance.


    [Tweak] iWidgets-zsmss3.jpg

  24. #2936
    The Modder Supporter zplit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,565
    Thanks
    5,937
    Thanked 5,401 Times in 2,657 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
    Here you go Z... Credits to there respectful creators, Pinoy for the mask and a thank you for the awesome lightning dock to the original creator. I'm not sure it was FIF7Y‎

    P.S
    **leave the size of the dock how it is as this is what causes the "lighting" look - regularly it is suppose to be 640x90 but leave at 640x72 for this awesome look**

    @Sharon10.... Queria personalmente agradecerle por su ayuda afuera del foro y por enseñarme unas cuantas cositas nuevas. Gracias y ya sabe cualquier cosa q necesite, solo pregunteme.
    Thank u linda

  25. #2937
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ahh_boi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    194
    Thanks
    406
    Thanked 47 Times in 37 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Great tips June, cheers my man

    translateZ is iffy still. I have a few animations that run this for a slideshow and its still buggy

    Gonna play with perspective though and see if it helps other issues
    Hi bro, I bought your iwidget pack and also downloaded the aniweather iwidget. Have a few questions hopefully you are able to help me.

    1) Animation is quite smooth but when I slide to the next page, it seems a bit jaggy. Is it normal?

    2) How do I change the instagram iwidget to point to my own?

    3) How do I change the slideshow, picture to my own as well?

    4) Is there a more simpler version of the aniweather as in without the touch down, forecast, etc. I'm looking for a more simple aniweather widget (hopefully a winterboard one that will show up every page) that only shows the animation.

    Thanks a lot for your advice.



    I know it's off topic, but can someone teach me how to change the below code to be able to use Wallpaper JPEGfier please~~~~

    Last edited by ahh_boi; 02-26-2013 at 07:28 PM.

  26. #2938
    The Mechanic The_Durben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    34,942
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ahh_boi View Post
    Hi bro, I bought your iwidget pack and also downloaded the aniweather iwidget. Have a few questions hopefully you are able to help me.

    1) Animation is quite smooth but when I slide to the next page, it seems a bit jaggy. Is it normal?

    2) How do I change the instagram iwidget to point to my own?


    3) How do I change the slideshow, picture to my own as well?

    4) Is there a more simpler version of the aniweather as in without the touch down, forecast, etc. I'm looking for a more simple aniweather widget (hopefully a winterboard one that will show up every page) that only shows the animation.
    Yes it's normal for iOS 6 unfortunately. Update will be live in Cydia soon that will help a bit

    I'll find the post I did about Instagram shortly.
    * [Tweak] iWidgets
    Use this method to change Instagram to yours. Just replace the first one in the widget and when you select which one when loading choose mine.*

    In the slideshow widget there will be a Slideshow folder. Add 10 of you own pics to it named 1.png 2.png ect to 10.png

    For animated weather you want go to the UniAW 5.0 thread and use the dylib one on first post.
    Last edited by The_Durben; 02-26-2013 at 09:18 PM.

  27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    ahh_boi (02-26-2013), King_O_Hill (02-26-2013), meth357 (07-24-2013), NewdestinyX (02-26-2013)

  28. #2939
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ahh_boi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    194
    Thanks
    406
    Thanked 47 Times in 37 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Yes it's normal for iOS 6 unfortunately. Update will be live in Cydia soon that will help a bit

    I'll find the post I did about Instagram shortly.
    * [Tweak] iWidgets
    Use this method to change Instagram to yours. Just replace the first one in the widget and when you select which one when loading choose mine.*

    In the slideshow widget there will be a Slideshow folder. Add 10 of you own pics to it named 1.png 2.png ect to 10.png

    For animated weather you want go to the UniAW 5.0 thread and use the dylib one on first post.
    Thank for the quick reply. I just saw an update, but after I updated the aniweather, its gone from the iwidget~ I found it under the winterboard, but after I activate it, it still doesn't do anything?? O.o

    Help~~~ Thanks!

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to ahh_boi For This Useful Post:

    The_Durben (02-27-2013)

  30. #2940
    The Mechanic The_Durben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    34,942
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ahh_boi View Post
    Thank for the quick reply. I just saw an update, but after I updated the aniweather, its gone from the iwidget~ I found it under the winterboard, but after I activate it, it still doesn't do anything?? O.o

    Help~~~ Thanks!
    I emailed MMi about this already.
    They packaged the update as a theme instead of iWidget

    Refresh Cydia and update. They fixed the error
    Last edited by The_Durben; 02-26-2013 at 10:21 PM.

  31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    ahh_boi (02-26-2013), blkmini (02-26-2013), King_O_Hill (02-26-2013), NewdestinyX (02-26-2013)


Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts