Page 146 of 363 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136144145146147148 156 196 246 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 7242

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

My iPhone is a Part of Me The 8th Immortal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,421 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zplit View Post
    Trust me i have look all over before I ask.
    Not saying you didn't. Was just offering help as to where you might find it. I had it but don't remember where i got it from. So what i do, is exactly what i suggested for u to do. No big deal.
    SIGPIC SIGPIC

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,887 Times in 6,763 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    So it's a pretty major redo then, is what you're saying. Right?
    To eliminate the spin feature is easy. To actually fix it is another issue altogether. Apparently apple, in all their infinite wisdom, has changed the way that the hardware acceleration is activated. For most iOS versions, it was fairly automatic when you used most animations. Now, it looks for specific methods to allow the hardware acceleration to kick in. Not trying to insult anyone, but I dumbed that down quite a bit and also shortened it.

It could probably be done with pure CSS instead of js, but that may lead to other issues on older devices. I couple of app developers that I know are not very happy with this change, as it has required code changes on their end.
    Widget Weather 2.0 App Currently in Public Beta for iOS 8 only!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather 2.0

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (02-25-2013), The_Durben (02-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    To eliminate the spin feature is easy. To actually fix it is another issue altogether. Apparently apple, in all their infinite wisdom, has changed the way that the hardware acceleration is activated. For most iOS versions, it was fairly automatic when you used most animations. Now, it looks for specific methods to allow the hardware acceleration to kick in. Not trying to insult anyone, but I dumbed that down quite a bit and also shortened it.

It could probably be done with pure CSS instead of js, but that may lead to other issues on older devices. I couple of app developers that I know are not very happy with this change, as it has required code changes on their end.
    Thanks for the great explanation, as always, King. Actually I was really only asking for how hard it was to just do the "fix" to each .js by getting rid of all of the flip/spin animation. But my follow-up question, that you sort of just answered, was going to be, since I'm sure Dacal used flip spin for "his" unique effect, is will Apple ever allow those .js commands to work smoothly again on iOS 6? I realize deleting flip/spin is just a "workaround" for now; one that I'm going to do because my themes rely so heavily on Dacal's weather.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Solution for "jittery" weather-- no widgets
    Attachment 623679

Kidding--sort of-- running super clean after fresh restore.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Solution for "jittery" weather-- no widgets
    Attachment 623679

Kidding--sort of-- running super clean after fresh restore.
    Haha!! I'm glad I know you're joking. Your best stuff includes Dacal's weather. Now that we know the jitteryness, though an Apple change to how flip/spin animation implements in ios6, is still being generated by Dacal's use of flip/spin in his code. I even see it in the cloud animation now. Ian got rid of flip/spin in his animated weather a while back for different reasons he explains. So the question at hand is who's onus is it to make it work right now for those who've paid for theme elements that now experience the jitter? .. I'll just leave it at that.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Haha!! I'm glad I know you're joking. Your best stuff includes Dacal's weather. Now that we know the jitteryness, though an Apple change to how flip/spin animation implements in ios6, is still being generated by Dacal's use of flip/spin in his code. I even see it in the cloud animation now. Ian got rid of flip/spin in his animated weather a while back for different reasons he explains. So the question at hand is who's onus is it to make it work right now for those who've paid for theme elements that now experience the jitter? .. I'll just leave it at that.
    Well, I say, if its your work, and you've put it in cydia, then it's your responsibility to update it. I will wait for modified code from Dacal, and I'll update MJSmash. Just as I would for future iOS updates. That IS my responsibility.

Also, CONFIRMED. iOS 6.1.3 BREAKS the JB. SO, with that said, if you have even CONSIDERED restoring recently, I'd do it now. If you haven't updated to ios6, don't lose your chance.

Thanks

Thanks for the great explanation, as always, King. Actually I was really only asking for how hard it was to just do the "fix" to each .js by getting rid of all of the flip/spin animation. But my follow-up question, that you sort of just answered, was going to be, since I'm sure Dacal used flip spin for "his" unique effect, is will Apple ever allow those .js commands to work smoothly again on iOS 6? I realize deleting flip/spin is just a "workaround" for now; one that I'm going to do because my themes rely so heavily on Dacal's weather.
    From what I have read, Apple has no intention to "fix" this issue, it was an intentional change.

On the flip side, it should help with battery life!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 02-25-2013 at 02:10 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (02-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by The 8th Immortal View Post
    Not saying you didn't. Was just offering help as to where you might find it. I had it but don't remember where i got it from. So what i do, is exactly what i suggested for u to do. No big deal.
    Take it easy pal never said u was saying something bad. And I know u where trying to help and I thanks bro that. I also know is not a big deal. Anyways thanks and lets just forget I even ask for it. Have a nice day.
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wildfowler's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm a little confused by all this talk of 'jittery' weather. Over here in the UK we tend to call the weather 'changeable'.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wildfowler View Post
    I'm a little confused by all this talk of 'jittery' weather. Over here in the UK we tend to call the weather 'changeable'.
    Maybe you have to be from the UK to get this???

Thanks
    Thanked 20,918 Times in 4,189 Posts

Guys, Like KOH says it's an easy job to remove the spinFlip animations, and I am sure you will not notice any difference in the animations without it, unless you are REALLY looking for it.
    In the rain & snow it is practically un-noticable as the images used are isometrical ie they look the same flipped. You do notice a bit on the clouds as it can use the same cloud image and flip it so it comes in on the screen backwards & so looks completely like different cloud, the other reason I removed it from the UniAW was back in version 2 (I think) I had a balloon for one of the cloud images, and I didn't want it to flip or spin.

So I would say don't worry yourselves about ian update from Apple on the hardware acceleration, Dacal and other widget makers will eventually get around to removing it altogether from the .js files and you will never see the difference on the widget (apart from no more jerkiness of coarse).

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-25-2013), Korazu (02-25-2013), The_Durben (02-25-2013)

Well, I say, if its your work, and you've put it in cydia, then it's your responsibility to update it. I will wait for modified code from Dacal, and I'll update MJSmash. Just as I would for future iOS updates. That IS my responsibility.

Also, CONFIRMED. iOS 6.1.3 BREAKS the JB. SO, with that said, if you have even CONSIDERED restoring recently, I'd do it now. If you haven't updated to ios6, don't lose your chance.
    Dont wait on Dacal for something you can easily change yourself, few edits and your good to go.

Took me all of three minutes Saturday when I updated my widgets and sent back to Cydia. Took 100 times longer to upload changed widgets than it did to edit a few lines. You could have been done in the time it took me to type this
    Well almost lol

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

ftb32 (02-25-2013), Ian Nicoll (02-25-2013), King_O_Hill (02-25-2013)

Thanks

Guys, Like KOH says it's an easy job to remove the spinFlip animations, and I am sure you will not notice any difference in the animations without it, unless you are REALLY looking for it.
    In the rain & snow it is practically un-noticable as the images used are isometrical ie they look the same flipped. You do notice a bit on the clouds as it can use the same cloud image and flip it so it comes in on the screen backwards & so looks completely like different cloud, the other reason I removed it from the UniAW was back in version 2 (I think) I had a balloon for one of the cloud images, and I didn't want it to flip or spin.

So I would say don't worry yourselves about ian update from Apple on the hardware acceleration, Dacal and other widget makers will eventually get around to removing it altogether from the .js files and you will never see the difference on the widget (apart from no more jerkiness of coarse).

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-25-2013), The_Durben (02-25-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Dont wait on Dacal for something you can easily change yourself, few edits and your good to go.

Took me all of three minutes Saturday when I updated my widgets and sent back to Cydia. Took 100 times longer to upload changed widgets than it did to edit a few lines. You could have been done in the time it took me to type this
    Well almost lol
    Hi bud, so you can confirm for sure that this was the problem, do you see your widgets running any better without the spin/Flip code? and I bet you cant notice any difference in the animations without it?

I'm really stuck here, I'm in a hotel in Brazil and can't download or upload anything because of the very poor internet connection, maybe 2 more weeks and I'm off to Hong Kong again. There is a few themes going that I'm eager to get a hold of, and I can't get your widget pack either... ahrrrrrgh. LOL.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (02-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Hi bud, so you can confirm for sure that this was the problem, do you see your widgets running any better without the spin/Flip code? and I bet you cant notice any difference in the animations without it?

I'm really stuck here, I'm in a hotel in Brazil and can't download or upload anything because of the very poor internet connection, maybe 2 more weeks and I'm off to Hong Kong again. There is a few themes going that I'm eager to get a hold of, and I can't get your widget pack either... ahrrrrrgh. LOL.
    Yeah runs a lot better without the spin/flip. I also removed a few clouds from most of the js's that call for them.
    Just set lower amount to display.
    And really not noticeable missing the flip parts.

It's not limited to just these, seems JavaScript animation as a whole is affected. Have a slides how that utilizes js for animation. Certain types just don't play nice and smooth like they did on 5.x
    Big difference between iPhone 4S and 5 when you notice the pausing/very slow animation. The 5 handles it better but is still there.

Fricken Apple...lol

I just updated all my widgets on the weekend. Sent in today
    Some animation fixes, options added and a bug fix for a copy/paste window type thing that was popping up when trying to press and hold the widget. Fun times

Safe travels my man!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (02-25-2013), King_O_Hill (02-25-2013)

Yeah runs a lot better without the spin/flip. I also removed a few clouds from most of the js's that call for them.

It's not limited to just these, seems JavaScript animation as a whole is affected. Have a slides how that utilizes js for animation. Certain types just don't play nice and smooth like they did on 5.x
    Big difference between iPhone 4S and 5 when you notice the pausing/very slow animation. The 5 handles it better but is still there.

Fricken Apple...lol

Some animation fixes, options added and a bug fix for a copy/paste window type thing that was popping up when trying to press and hold the widget. Fun times

Safe travels my man!
    So Durben - we should redownload your Widget Paks from Cydia now - and the snow/rain thing will be all solved in DB AniWeather Dual Touch?

If so - thanks, bro!!
    Grant

Also, for the love of GOD, people PLEASE take 15 seconds and download No Update from Cydia. It's prevents you from "butt-pushing" the update software button in your settings app.
    Good genereal principles to do a fresh restore right before a window signing close -- but I see a lot of you veterans talking about the dreaded accidental button push for an OTA update while jailbroken. But even if evasi0n hadn't prevented that from happening - accidental OTA update is NOT possible on a jailbroken phone. It wasn't possible on 5.1.1 either. I've tested this on three different phones - even back in 5,1,1 days - and the update fails - midway through the attempt and returns you to current software jailbroken state. I've never understood people's fear of this. I mean - I DO understand it but ONLY IF it were possible. It's not. So I guess it's just become a bit of an urban myth. But OTA updates are simply not possible when jailbroken. Only DFU restores/iTunes recovery restores will clear a jailbreak. So there's really nothing to fear - and hasn't been through both iOS5 and iOS6.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-25-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Updates sent to Cydia not live in Cydia
    You'll see it in your changes as an update when it's live. And yes it helps the animation. Wouldn't say fixes it.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-25-2013)

Updates sent to Cydia not live in Cydia
    You'll see it in your changes as an update when it's live. And yes it helps the animation. Wouldn't say fixes it.
    Ah okay. yeah - I've become somewhat of an expert on what to look for in Dacal's animation and there's a certain 'fluidity' to it - which it sounds like the 'flip/spin' animation concept would help with the way it looks. So this is a 'workaround' as opposed to a fix. Got it.

D, I did some pretty extensive modding to the css file for Dacal's animations, as you may remember, to limit the amount of 'shine' of the sun and moon and move the whole animation set higher on the screen so it doesn't dip down so low into a lot of MJ's background pics. I've added those changes to your Aniweather Dual Touch as well. Is it safe to assume - that after it's live in Cydia I can make change the name of my current widget. Then simply copy and paste all the .js files from the Script/Weather folder into my modded one and that should solve animation issues? Or are there changes you needed to make to the .css and widget.html files as well? Maybe it would be better for me to simply copy back to the new folder 'my' .css file. Your thoughts?

Just add your css to the updated widget when you download. Nothing changed in the CSS.
    There's other changes in the other files for added options ect

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-25-2013), NewdestinyX (02-25-2013)

Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,771 Posts

Fricken Apple...lol

Safe travels my man!
    I wish I could catch every reply on this topic, but I never seem to be able to.

From what I gather, iOS6 takes away from all css hardware acceleration. It only does certain items. So in theory if you had multiple objects, iOS will only render the object that is in front. This could lead to issues with the object behind it, because it is not hardware accelerated.

If it is not accelerated then the change of the image on top, will render the object on the bottom. As an animation continues.

Pretty simple to force hardware acceleration. Somethings that will do this are.

#yourelement{
    -webkit-transform: translateZ(0);
    }

#yourelement {
    -webkit-transform: translate3d(0, 0, 0);
    }

#yourelement {
    -webkit-perspective: 1000;
    -webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;
    }

Now this isnt a fix, just a work around. As always you should be careful what uses hardware acceleration.

Note the values above will not change your object at all. It will only place it for hardware acceleration, because it thinks the values actually change the object.

Also posted on my blog awhile back http://junesgraphics.blogspot.com/20...and-fixes.html
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 02-25-2013 at 05:41 PM.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (02-25-2013), King_O_Hill (02-25-2013), The_Durben (02-25-2013)

Page 146 of 363 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136144145146147148 156 196 246 ... LastLast