Page 13 of 361 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

oh ok....i get it ...I'll try it one of these days.

By the way, this was a nice work that u guys pulled of, I had installed Dashboard X but it was making my phone too laggy, but with this one its has a lot less lagging....i'm enjoying it very much, when I get some time I'll try to add something to the code so it can have portuguese language

This is going to be a little long...

I have a number of friends/colleagues that have Android based phones. IMHO there are only 2 things their phones do better than the iPhone; widgets and maps. The maps app Apple demoed for IO6, while better (arguably) than the current iPhone maps app, leaves a lot to be desired. Widgets, on the other hand, are getting close with all the wonderful work being done by the Jailbreak community. In particular The_Durben, crazyvivek, eldwin, and a host of others. I am really impressed guys (girls?). AWESOME work!! I wish I had the skills you all possess. Unfortunately, for me, I can only (sort of) hack what has already been written by you talented folks.

Which brings me to a request, of sorts. My all time favorite Android widget is the HTC Flipclock Weather widget. Many have come close to reproducing it. In fact, there are so many different versions out there it is very hard to find a version that has all the things the actual widget has. I have taken it upon myself to combine the best of all these widgets into a unified version that, in my mind/taste, comes close to the Android version. I present the following:

-img1.png

I take absolutely no credit for this widget as the original programming came from different individuals; particularly The_Durben for the weather stuff and 2 other individuals (I don't know the names of...sorry) for the date script and the animated clock digits. I would be more than willing to post the widget as long as no one minds the use of their code.

Now for the request...only 2 things...

As you can see from the image, the digits look like crap. They are obviously not high-res images. Is there anyone out there with some skill at Photoshop that can produce better looking images? And, perhaps, share the .psd with the community?

Second...this is directed at The_Durben as his coding examples are very succinct and efficient (not a lot of wasted code)...is it possible to program hot spots on the widget that could launch an app of the user's choosing? For example, a press of either block of digits would launch the 'Clock' app, or a press of the 'Temp' region would launch the 'Weather' app. That would be very cool. Not sure if this is even possible. Please expound if you think it is feasible.

Oh...one more thing. The iCal widget that I guess was originally designed for OSX, doesn't really work all that well in IOS. I have hacked it to resemble Microsoft's Calendar widget (from Windows Vista/7) and got rid of the annoying partial panel that opens on the 2nd press. Now the pane only opens/closes and the current month and year is always displayed in the left pane. Let me know if anyone wants it...

-photo.png
    Last edited by dragonjo8; 06-13-2012 at 09:34 PM.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dragonjo8 For This Useful Post:

alon799 (09-07-2012), It's Mi (06-21-2012), jjoklong (10-10-2012), King_O_Hill (06-14-2012), The_Durben (06-14-2012)

Unfortunately you cannot direct link any native app with a touch function.
    Something I looked at previously but it just can't work.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

hemptation (06-21-2012), jjk454ss (07-01-2012), King_O_Hill (06-14-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    I feared as much. I believe NC widgets have the ability to do this. As I'm sure you are aware, the WeeSearch widget you see in the image I posted activates the stock iPhone keyboard when you touch the text field. After you type your query then press 'search' it launches Safari then takes you to a Google page with the results of your query.

Do you have experience with coding NC widgets? Is this something you would be interested in doing? DashboardX works a lot like iWidgets, therefore, adding widgets to your springboard should be a snap. Please advise.

I can't write any native widgets due to a number of reasons.
    I also don't use dashboardx as I don't need widgets from NC center on my SB.
    I normally don't even use a widget on my SB. I just make them cause others do.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Dirtstep (06-19-2012), elilab (06-16-2012), hemptation (06-21-2012), jjk454ss (07-01-2012), markotak (07-03-2012), nateD (06-15-2012)

Fair enough. Thanks for the reply!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dragonjo8 For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (06-14-2012)

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dragonjo8 View Post
    This is going to be a little long...

I have a number of friends/colleagues that have Android based phones. IMHO there are only 2 things their phones do better than the iPhone; widgets and maps. The maps app Apple demoed for IO6, while better (arguably) than the current iPhone maps app, leaves a lot to be desired. Widgets, on the other hand, are getting close with all the wonderful work being done by the Jailbreak community. In particular The_Durben, crazyvivek, eldwin, and a host of others. I am really impressed guys (girls?). AWESOME work!! I wish I had the skills you all possess. Unfortunately, for me, I can only (sort of) hack what has already been written by you talented folks.

Which brings me to a request, of sorts. My all time favorite Android widget is the HTC Flipclock Weather widget. Many have come close to reproducing it. In fact, there are so many different versions out there it is very hard to find a version that has all the things the actual widget has. I have taken it upon myself to combine the best of all these widgets into a unified version that, in my mind/taste, comes close to the Android version. I present the following:

I take absolutely no credit for this widget as the original programming came from different individuals; particularly The_Durben for the weather stuff and 2 other individuals (I don't know the names of...sorry) for the date script and the animated clock digits. I would be more than willing to post the widget as long as no one minds the use of their code.

Now for the request...only 2 things...

As you can see from the image, the digits look like crap. They are obviously not high-res images. Is there anyone out there with some skill at Photoshop that can produce better looking images? And, perhaps, share the .psd with the community?

Second...this is directed at The_Durben as his coding examples are very succinct and efficient (not a lot of wasted code)...is it possible to program hot spots on the widget that could launch an app of the user's choosing? For example, a press of either block of digits would launch the 'Clock' app, or a press of the 'Temp' region would launch the 'Weather' app. That would be very cool. Not sure if this is even possible. Please expound if you think it is feasible.

Oh...one more thing. The iCal widget that I guess was originally designed for OSX, doesn't really work all that well in IOS. I have hacked it to resemble Microsoft's Calendar widget (from Windows Vista/7) and got rid of the annoying partial panel that opens on the 2nd press. Now the pane only opens/closes and the current month and year is always displayed in the left pane. Let me know if anyone wants it...
    ]
    Can you share the search widget? Is I part of the HTC one? Can you post both please? Thanks

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iPod For This Useful Post:

hemptation (06-21-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by iPod View Post
    Can you share the search widget? Is I part of the HTC one? Can you post both please? Thanks
    The search widget is a Notification Center (NC) widget called WeeSearch. You can download the free version (the developer also has a paid version, but I don't remember the cost off hand. Probably around $1.99) that runs in Notification Center. In order to have it running on your springboard you have to install Dashboard X (available in Cydia for $1.99). The WeeSearch widget has options (which are hidden by the HTC widget in the picture I uploaded) to search Google, YouTube, Wikipedia, and Dictionary.com. I have emailed the developer to see if he can implement a different method of selecting the options so the widget can be thinner. Something like the following:

-img1.png
    -img2.png

Be advised Dashboard X and iWidgets are not 100% compatible with each other. Once all the widgets you want are in place everything works fine. It's getting them in place that is a tad cumbersome as both use similar methods for adding widgets. I usually disable iWidgets in mobile substrate (via SBSettings), add all the Dashboard X widgets I'm going to use, then re-enable iWidgets and add the HTML based widgets. It's a bit of a pain but, as I said, everything works fine once it's setup.

I am currently working on better digits for the HTC widget (no Photoshop gurus seemed interested in lending a hand) however, my skills are limited and I'm having issues. Translation...it's gonna take a little more time. In addition, I'm not comfortable releasing it without the blessing of (at least) The_Durben as much of the weather code/GPS stuff is his (with MINOR tweaking on my part to get the high/low temps on 2 lines instead of 1). I would also feel better if I could give credit/get permission from the folks that coded the animated digits and the date, but will release (with apologies) since I don't know who they are. If The_Durben is okay with it I will release it. How about it The_Durben?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dragonjo8 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (06-21-2012), King_O_Hill (06-19-2012), pocketdoc (06-20-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Bump

For those waiting for the settings GUI. There is no easy way to make it work without a complete recode. I will work on this one some more, but it will take time. Sorry!
    Last edited by gadezu; 06-22-2012 at 06:09 PM.
    READ THIS BEFORE YOU ASK. THANK YOU!

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gadezu For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (06-26-2012), jjk454ss (07-01-2012), King_O_Hill (06-22-2012), meth357 (11-23-2013), stratnik (06-29-2012)

Thanks

Zoo (or maybe Durben?) I know its not an easy/fast request - but any possible way you could make the miClock iWidget into a working, animated flip clock?

Greetings All:

I have completed the artwork (better digits/different backgrounds) for the flip clock widget. I have also attempted to make the weather icons match the icons used in the stock (Apple - IOS 5 and greater) NC Weather Widget. This will not be an exact match as Apple uses a different naming convention as well as different icons for the phases of the moon, etc. Here is an example of what to expect:

-img01.png
    -img02.png
    -img03.png
    -img04.png

Haven't heard from The_Durben (he hasn't posted here lately...but then again...this thread has been pretty inactive). I did PM him but have yet to receive a reply. Not sure how to take that...does it indicate he doesn't want it released?...or maybe he never got the PM.

After much deliberation, I have decided to release the widget as I feel there are probably a lot of folks out there who want it. To be honest, there have been so many iterations of the thing, I'm not sure who wrote what. Did The_Durben's contribution consist of several lines of code or was it just a few here and there, like my contribution (minus the artwork upgrades) was? Honestly, I don't know. I have taken a hard look at the coding and can come up with the following individuals that should receive credit:

The_Durben
    Schnedi
    Vivek Thakur (is this crazyvivek?)
    eldwin (for the iWidgets tweak)

I do not include myself since, as stated before, I only added a few lines of code here and there to make the 3 distinct entities (the flipping digits animation, the GPS weather stuff, and the date) work together (somewhat...more on that later). Please understand, this version of the widget was taken from three different sources. I did make the digits look better (higher resolution) which did take a bit of work, since I am no Photoshop guru, but really...artwork is (IMHO) a small part of what this widget is. No offense to any digital artists out there.

Ok...a few things you should know. The widget requires iWidgets (obviously) as well as GPS Weather Lockscreen in order to work properly. There is a rather lengthy thread http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...her-theme.html that details how to get/install the tweak. Once you download the files from the link I have posted below, place the FlipClockBlack and FlipClockWhite folders in the iWidgets folder on your phone (/private/var/mobile/Library/iWidgets). If you take a look inside either folder, you will notice there are 4 Widget.html files (Widget.html, WidgetB.html, WidgetF.html, WidgetO.html). These are variations that will allow you to change the background of the widget (as depicted in the images above). The B stands for blank, the F stands for flat, and the O stands for obsidian. The default (Widget.html) can be renamed WidgetG.html, where G stands for glass. Rename any of these (preferably in iFile) to Widget.html in order to display the desired background. I have also included the .psd files for the digits and the background, in case anyone wants to make any changes.

Finally, as I hinted at earlier, the widget is not 100% perfect. I must apologize to my brothers and sisters living outside of the good ol' US of A for the imperfection. The widget does support a couple of languages other than English (specifically, German and Spanish) and degrees centigrade instead of Fahrenheit, but it does not support a 24 hr clock. The coding is there (I think) but I just can't get it to work. Maybe someone else (The_Durben?) can have a look and get it figured out.

Ok...without further ado, here's the link to the file:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cfe3oqs12gts0bi/yNbQMl0CvP

You will note this is a dropbox account. In light of all the drama with regard to Megaupload (and others) I decided it would be simpler to just post it there. Since I'm not sure how much traffic this is going to generate (and, to be honest, I'm not sure what Dropbox's policies are) the files will only be available for 1 week. Perhaps someone can upload them to another location (and post a link, obviously) once they grab the files.
    Last edited by dragonjo8; 07-08-2012 at 09:22 PM.

I'm on 5.1.1 iPhone 4s....can't get this iWidget to work. I don't have many tweaks installed, and tried removing them individually to see if there are any conflicts -none. I hold the empty portion of the SB for 5/10/15 seconds but nothing ever happens. I've deleted and installed this tweak directly from the repo posted in the 1st article (the stable version). For the life of me....I cannot figure out why it's working for everyone else and not for me. Oh, and I have no iWidget.plist in my preferences area.

Any help is appreciated. TIA

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Derrick..I have something for you. Whats your email address? I know I had it but got a new phone since last time

Man can I get a little help where and how can I install iWidget any help I would appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by TEK_2012 View Post
    Man can I get a little help where and how can I install iWidget any help I would appreciate it.
    It's all on the 1st page ...but good luck actually having it work

I just took all the widgets that I've had using perpage and copy and pasted iWidgets.plist and pasted it into the files. It works. Awesome. I now can delete perpage sweet. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cigsace View Post
    I'm on 5.1.1 iPhone 4s....can't get this iWidget to work. I don't have many tweaks installed, and tried removing them individually to see if there are any conflicts -none. I hold the empty portion of the SB for 5/10/15 seconds but nothing ever happens. I've deleted and installed this tweak directly from the repo posted in the 1st article (the stable version). For the life of me....I cannot figure out why it's working for everyone else and not for me. Oh, and I have no iWidget.plist in my preferences area.

Any help is appreciated. TIA
    I have an iPhone 4 with IOS 5.1.1. The version of iWidgets installed is 1.0.0-3. I made the mistake of installing the unstable version which resulted in behavior similar to what you describe. Went back to the stable version (1.0.0-3) and still had the problem. Uninstalled the iWidgets package, SSH'd into my phone and deleted the actual iWidgets folder (/private/var/mobile/Library), then re-installed the stable version. Everything works fine, now. Hope this helps.

I installed iWidget no problem , then I try to install the my location fix , but it doesn't seem to work .I do everything step by step but when go to set the permission thing it won't stay "on" , anyone else having this problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by a7x View Post
    I installed iWidget no problem , then I try to install the my location fix , but it doesn't seem to work .I do everything step by step but when go to set the permission thing it won't stay "on" , anyone else having this problem ?
    When you say it won't stay "on" are you referring to the app or the Sig. Change slider? If you mean the app crashes as soon as you launch it, the fix wasn't applied correctly. The first version of the app was designed to run on IOS 5.1 (I believe). When 5.1.1 was released, the app stopped working (i.e. it would crash as soon as it was launched from the springboard). Someone came up with a fix. The version you want to be running of 'GPS Weather Lockscreen' is 1.1. You need to go back to the GPS Weather Theme thread and look for the instructions. If I remember correctly I had to 'manually' install from a .deb file to get it to work. Installing from Cydia presented me with the problems you are experiencing. They may have fixed this issue by now, but I'm not sure. I know that thread is pretty long. I tried to find the instructions that helped me install it, however, I can't seem to find them now. It seems as though they were from entries made in early to mid June. I'll try looking for it again when I get home (currently at work). I'll post a link if/when I find it.

Page 13 of 361 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 63 113 ... LastLast