Page 111 of 365 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101109110111112113 121 161 211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 7290

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Only reason I'm skeptical is because of how much trouble the Dev team is having. They are and always have been the leading authority on the matter. Last I read they used the analogy that they hypothetically have 6 doors to find keys to, to produce a successful JB. They referenced the failbreak that was shown as being only but a key to door number 2. Nothing has been discovered since.
    Sometimes a fresh perspective spurs innovation "Out of the Box Thinking" so to speak.

Perhaps the Dev Team is focusing on a Bootrom exploit and didnt even try for a possible userland exploit.
    Just a thought, I cannot speak for them.

Human history is filled with people who thought out of the box and were called crazy or unethical by the masses because it didnt follow mainstream thinking at the time.

Remember when the world was flat
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 12-12-2012 at 02:50 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-12-2012), Project5 (12-12-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    I am working from the latest back, because I found this out early. It's no problem if you've posted an updated version, so long as its in this thread, I'll find it and just update the entry with the link to the latest post I won't release anything before running it past the bigger contributors first.

@ The Durben: Thank you. There's no reason why I can't include links to OP's in other threads. I would need the links to the posts though. No troubles if you can't find them, but if you happen to stumble across them, please share
    Instagram Slideshow widget from this thread.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...ml#post6674423

NeoStyle analog clock widget from NeoStyle thread
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...ml#post6723600

Destiny Glass GPS iWidget
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...ml#post6675841

I'll search out a few others later on.
    Last edited by The_Durben; 12-12-2012 at 01:02 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

IrobertI (02-01-2014), It's Mi (12-12-2012), King_O_Hill (12-19-2012), Sk37cH (12-12-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    What do you mean, the earth is flat and the center of the universe. That's what the church told us for centuries.

Last edited by rasputin007; 12-12-2012 at 01:17 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (12-12-2012), King_O_Hill (12-12-2012), Project5 (12-12-2012), The.Drifter (12-12-2012)

Sometimes a fresh perspective spurs innovation
    "Out of the Box Thinking" so to speak.

Perhaps the Dev Team is focusing on a Bootrom exploit and didnt even try for a possible userland exploit.

Human history is filled with people who thought out of the box and were called crazy or unethical by the masses because it didnt follow mainstream thinking at the time.

You sound like a man with a iPhone5. lol. Probably how I would sound if I had no JB.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-12-2012), The.Drifter (12-12-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    What do you mean, the earth is flat and the center of the universe. That's what the church told us for centuries.

Actually the church and science were 'one mind' in those days. No science emanated from anywhere else for centuries. Then Galileo came along. And for the most part the church was eager to find greater scientific fact.

Contrary to popular belief, Galileo wasn't eventually executed for his beliefs about science but he made the mistake of putting his nose into other doctrines. It was for 'those other' reasons he was executed. Most people don't know that story very well. Read about it. It will fascinate you. People love to dichotomize religion and science - but they don't know their history all that well.

But I digress.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Anonymous (12-12-2012)

Oops wrong app that's what I get for texting while driving 😬
    Last edited by GUNNY29; 12-12-2012 at 01:48 PM.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-12-2012)

Sometimes a fresh perspective spurs innovation
    "Out of the Box Thinking" so to speak.

I love your enthusiasm but it's unfounded my good man.. The Devs are still true hackers. There's no 'new' way to look at code. Of all people YOU should know that! . Either there's an exploit or there isn't. To make sure you have the history right - in all iOS versions from the beginning the JBs have all come from a core couple of Dev teams. No 'lone ranger' ever found and released something on their own.

And a Christmas present JB seems a little too gimmickey to me.

I'm not holding my breath - and still hoping against hope to get proven wrong!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (12-12-2012)

I for one would prefer to be an optimist as opposed to a cynic like some here. Why say something is "definitely" a fake when you can't possibly know that. Let people be optimistic.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-12-2012), Pinoy (12-12-2012), The.Drifter (12-12-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I love your enthusiasm but it's unfounded my good man.. The Devs are still true hackers. There's no 'new' way to look at code. Of all people YOU should know that! .
    Remember on this thread when we couldn't have iWidgets outside of the plist boundries? That it was impossible?
    The code was always there, but somebody thought "out of the box" and you know the rest of the story.

Im sure it applies to finding exploits as well Its possible.....

Anyways, all our questions will be answered on the 22nd
    Like I mentioned earlier, its all speculation either way until his release date.
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 12-12-2012 at 02:49 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Project5 (12-12-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I love your enthusiasm but it's unfounded my good man.. The Devs are still true hackers. There's no 'new' way to look at code. Of all people YOU should know that! . Either there's an exploit or there isn't. To make sure you have the history right - in all iOS versions from the beginning the JBs have all come from a core couple of Dev teams. No 'lone ranger' ever found and released something on their own.

And a Christmas present JB seems a little too gimmickey to me.

I'm not holding my breath - and still hoping against hope to get proven wrong!!
    Can not totally agree with this.
    The saying "there is more then one way to skin a cat" does not come from nothing.
    What I have learned is that if one solution does not work then try a different approach and another different one, eventually there will be a working way.
    The dev-teams are not the only ones that have the required computer knowledge to jailbreak iOS.
    Regarding the 'lone ranger' statement, I just would like to mention Geohot's limera1n.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

CrazyChester (12-13-2012), ferris419 (12-13-2012), King_O_Hill (12-12-2012), metaserph (12-15-2012), Project5 (12-12-2012), The.Drifter (12-12-2012)

FYI Comex is and was a Lone Ranger maybe a little more research is needed

I'm also pretty certain pod2g isn't a part if a team
    Last edited by GUNNY29; 12-12-2012 at 02:18 PM.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

ferris419 (12-13-2012), King_O_Hill (12-12-2012), Project5 (12-12-2012), The.Drifter (12-12-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Can not totally agree with this.
    The saying "there is more then one way to skin a cat" does not come from nothing.
    What I have learned is that if one solution does not work then try a different approach and another different one, eventually there will be a working way.
    The dev-teams are not the only ones that have the required computer knowledge to jailbreak iOS.
    Regarding the 'lone ranger' statement, I just would like to mention Geohot's limera1n.
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post

You sound like a man with a iPhone5. lol. Probably how I would sound if I had no JB.
    Yep
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 12-12-2012 at 03:48 PM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-12-2012), Project5 (12-12-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post

My point was that Comex, Geohot and Pod2G, after having 'found' the exploit were not able to achieve the public delivery of the untether on their own. A 'team' finalized it. I should have more accurately stated that no 'Lone Ranger' ever 'achieved a public untether release'. And we all know that it's a long road from a single untether on a single phone ( from a single hacker) to a public release of an untether.

My philosophy is not that of a pessimist or cynic but that of a pragmatist . An adaptation of an old saying comes to mind: that "the definition of foolhearty optimism is seeing the same series of events happening again & again for years and expecting a different series of events the next time.."
    Lol!!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-12-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Pod2g and comex and geohot all have released a jailbreak WITHOUT a team

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

ferris419 (12-13-2012), King_O_Hill (12-12-2012), Schnedi (12-12-2012), The.Drifter (12-12-2012)

that's right! and untethered!!

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Schnedi For This Useful Post:

ferris419 (12-13-2012), King_O_Hill (12-12-2012), The.Drifter (12-12-2012)

I believe I am optimistic, however I am also sensible. It took the sharpest minds available in the JB community coming together to for a team second to NONE in regards to jailbreak knowledge to JB the last device. Those same men have stated this one is locked down like fort Knox in comparison. The probability of one single man who from what we see has no established involvement in the JB community or body of work to show he has knowledge doing what this same team of men are not close to doing yet is far fetched to say the least.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-19-2012)

To me the distinction between a pragmatist and a cynic is that a cynic wishes to draw others into his or her way of thinking. A pragmatist is just that, a practical person. Lol.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-19-2012), Pinoy (12-12-2012), The.Drifter (12-12-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    To me the distinction between a pragmatist and a cynic is that a cynic wishes to draw others into his or her way of thinking. A pragmatist is just that, a practical person. Lol.
    That's cool, I don't believe it's that simple. There's educated optimism, and uneducated optimism. Bordering on ignorance quite honestly. Now if Geo came and made these claims he'd have a foundation to stand on.

And when I say ignorance I'm not calling anybody dumb or mean that negatively. Ignorance is defined as lack of information or knowledge. What basis makes this mans claims probable? Without any basis I can't be optimistic.
    Last edited by Pinoy; 12-12-2012 at 04:05 PM.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-12-2012)

That's cool, I don't believe it's that simple. There's educated optimism, and uneducated optimism. Bordering on ignorance quite honestly. Now if Geo came and made these claims he'd have a foundation to stand on.
    I agree, I just think that sometimes we complicate things and it's nice every now and again to be a little hopeful. Call that naive or fool hearty, I'm cool with that. I only take issue with people speaking in such definitive terms on subjects that they can't possibly know. Either way if he doesn't show his proof tonight like he said we all will know it's a fake. No need to wait till the 22nd.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-12-2012), Pinoy (12-12-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I agree, I just think that sometimes we complicate things and it's nice every now and again to be a little hopeful. Call that naive or fool hearty, I'm cool with that. I only take issue with people speaking in such definitive terms on subjects that they can't possibly know. Either way if he doesn't show his proof tonight like he said we all will know it's a fake. No need to wait till the 22nd.
    Read what I added! I personally hope the guy is legit and a new player in the game. We need fresh perspective. I've been dying to buy a 5. I'm just not as hopeful as some. Although even given no evidence I still have a speckle of belief. That's just my desires though. Not my brain.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-12-2012), The.Drifter (12-13-2012)

Page 111 of 365 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101109110111112113 121 161 211 ... LastLast