Page 102 of 365 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92100101102103104 112 152 202 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 7290

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

I'm here big homie...was thinking of taking a month off just to get back in the threads and mod... J/k

Really, work has been kickin' plus the looming holidays...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (11-27-2012), CrazyChester (11-27-2012), GUNNY29 (11-27-2012), King_O_Hill (11-26-2012), The_Durben (11-27-2012)

I hear all that.

If I need ya, I'll just shine the Chevy Bowtie in the sky bro!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (11-26-2012), Cloud2Ground (11-27-2012), jokerg7 (11-30-2012)

The thing with the "piggy back" method is that it is fairly flexiable, in the sense that you can determine the dimensions of the "data object page", but it also allows to open more then one iWidget.
    I have used the "data object" way to allow a selection of 24 different WeatherWidget.html's. This worked by using jquery and a main LS page with collabsible menus from which you could choose any of the 24 "data object" pages.

Once you selected one "data object" page this would open over the main LS page, however I also added a "Back" button so you could go back to the main LS page if you wanted to select another "data object" page.

You could use the same principal for iWidgets, sort them into categories, then create submenus for each iWidget and put the LS Theme together with the iWidgets in one package. That way you would have a dedicated LS Theme for a selection of iWidgets (included). All the user (noob or not) has to do then is install it , select it in Winterboard and off he/she goes.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (11-27-2012), Cloud2Ground (11-27-2012), CrazyChester (11-27-2012), cukhiem (11-27-2012), GUNNY29 (11-27-2012), indyzzzz (12-03-2012), It's Mi (12-08-2012), jjoklong (11-28-2012), King_O_Hill (11-27-2012), mkheinz (11-27-2012), RKO1195 (11-27-2012), SHARON1O (11-27-2012), The_Durben (11-27-2012)

Could you possibly share that code Rasputin so I can see how you have done that??
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (11-27-2012)

Yeah bud, I'd like to see the way you've put it together. I enjoy seeing the differences in coding.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (11-27-2012), GUNNY29 (11-27-2012)

The easiest way would be to get "AWL v.1.0" from the MMUS repo (apt.mmus.us).
    Then copy that Winterboard theme folder to your PC and start picking it to pieces.
    Saves me lots of time to search through my HDD/backup DVD's to find it.
    All the files you need are there.
    Additional info can be found at jquery.

PS: AWL v.1.0 looks different to the above screenshots, which were taken from an earlier development stage.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 11-27-2012 at 07:41 AM.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (11-27-2012), Cloud2Ground (11-27-2012), GUNNY29 (11-27-2012), indyzzzz (12-03-2012), It's Mi (12-08-2012), jjoklong (11-28-2012), King_O_Hill (11-27-2012), NewdestinyX (11-27-2012), The.Drifter (11-28-2012), The_Durben (11-27-2012)

Already got that repo as I use your method of getting coordinates for gps widgets. Ill check it out thank you

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (11-27-2012), rasputin007 (11-27-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    The easiest way would be to get "AWL v.1.0" from the MMUS repo (apt.mmus.us).
    Then copy that Winterboard theme folder to your PC and start picking it to pieces.
    Saves me lots of time to search through my HDD/backup DVD's to find it.
    All the files you need are there.
    Additional info can be found at jquery.

PS: AWL v.1.0 looks different to the above screenshots, which were taken from an earlier development stage.
    FANTASTIC, Rasputin. When others say - 'it's impossible' and 'it won't ever work like that' - you say - "Hold on guys.. YES IT WILL!!!".. I don't understand why your forum name isn't in ORANGE yet - as you're also one of the most helpful (think outside the box) modders on this forum.

What you've shared there will give us virtually the EXACT same flexibility to add widgets to our lockscreens as to our SpringBoards. No we can't move at will; No we can't add to the list or take away without knowing some coding -- but in the end - the noob will have LOTS of options to change their Lockscreen layout at will. And that WILL be a huge step forward for LockScreens that I predict will TAKE OFF huge once the new Jailbreak for iP5 is released.

I too will download from the repo you suggest and be ready for the requests when they start coming in. There are MANY iWidgets I want to convert for Lockscreen as we speak.

Like you've said of yourself (though I LIKE your creative work) I'm not the best in the 'creative' aspect of widgets - coming up with something artist 'from nothing'.. That's what makes, Max, Durben, Ian, Dacal, Schnedi and all the rest with those 'orange' names so super valuable to our forum. But what's also needed are 'modders' who can take the art and make it more widely available on the different aspects of your phone. That's the work I'm getting better at - thanks to so many here..

LOCKSCREENS - there is a new day 'a dawning for ya!!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

jjoklong (11-28-2012), rasputin007 (11-27-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,357 Times in 1,494 Posts

Wow. Thanks for the ideas and help. You guys/gals do amazing work. It keeps my phone looking fresh always. Just wanted to say thanks.
    "I have no answers, just useless questions."
    "There are no strangers in this world, just friends we haven't made"

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G-weezy For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (11-27-2012), King_O_Hill (11-27-2012)

@NewxdestinyX
    Usually my signature says
    "Nothing is impossible, only miracles take a bit longer!"
    Ever since I saw this over 40 years ago in a little shop in East Germany, it has become part of my life philosophy.
    Apart from that I like to try new javascript/jquery plugins on the LS, often it is just for fun, sometimes the project gets binned, rarely a LS theme results from that.
    I also like the idea to have something new and different on the LS, rather then recycle existing stuff by changing the font, the colour, the background picture and push it around on the LS.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (11-27-2012), indyzzzz (12-03-2012), jjoklong (11-28-2012), King_O_Hill (11-27-2012), NewdestinyX (11-27-2012), Schnedi (11-27-2012), The_Durben (11-27-2012)

I really like the way that Ras nested the object calls to create the selectable options. Nice clean idea bro and it works well! I do enjoy your ability to always look outside the box and to push the envelop.

But, and here it comes, I'm not sure that this method really even compares to the functionality of iWidgets. It is basically 1 website calling another website, which has been done, maybe not to this extent, but it is still nothing revolutionary.

Am I missing something here?

I do like the general idea of the way it uses buttons to act like menus. It actually gives me some ideas. But I don't see a whole lot of people being able to easily utilizing this. JMHO

22. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (11-27-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,854 Times in 919 Posts

Whats up ? I have restored my iPhone and now i cant find the unstable Version in Cydia so i cant use the iWidgets with Options!!??

Please help !!

Quote Originally Posted by UNLOCKZ View Post
    Whats up ? I have restored my iPhone and now i cant find the unstable Version in Cydia so i cant use the iWidgets with Options!!??

Please help !!
    Just download eldwins from MMi repo...

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (11-27-2012), King_O_Hill (11-28-2012), UNLOCKZ (11-27-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I'm not sure that this method really even compares to the functionality of iWidgets.
    It never was intended to compete with iWidgets, King, it is just a way to run iWidgets.html on the LS.

It is basically 1 website calling another website, which has been done, maybe not to this extent, but it is still nothing revolutionary.

Am I missing something here?
    Nope, LockBackground.html calls iWidget.html. It is now with choice of what iWidget.html. You can choose what iWidget you want to open on the LS without editing code each time you want a different iWidgets displayed on the LS.
    That's all.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (11-27-2012), indyzzzz (12-03-2012), King_O_Hill (11-28-2012), NewdestinyX (11-27-2012), The_Durben (11-28-2012)

@Ras, I agree 100%. Just making sure I wasn't missing something.

@Ras, I agree 100%. Just making sure I wasn't missing something.
    It's still a heck a lot closer to what the poster asked about 3 pages ago with regard to iWidgets on the LockScreen. This is 'revolutionary' stuff as far as I'm concerned. You're looking at it from a programming perspective, King.. I think... I'm looking at this from a 'Lockscreen capability' that NO THEMER has offered yet to the average user. This hasn't even been hinted at by the big modders. When Eldwin thought outside the box - we got iWidget. When Ras thought outside the box the first time we got a way to get weather data from other sources besides Yahoo - and now we get iWidget "content" on the LockScreen, CHOOSABLE AT WILL, from an options page. Still not 'movable' at will nor with the ability to add more widgets without knowing coding. But this is a 'huge' step forward. And noone's gonna 'harsh my buzz' about it. LOL!!!!!

No one offered it, because it's not a real solution. It is just a parlor trick of smoke and mirrors.

Before you start shouting it from the mountain top, see what happens after a respring!

Happy widgeting!!!

You always will be at the main LS page after a respring or locking the home screen and you have to select what ever iWidget you want again and again, if you wish to do so.
    The selected iWidget will NOT stay on the LS!
    There is a difference between what is possible and if that makes sense.
    For example: someone wrote a SBSetting add-on that allows you to power off the iPhone, as cool as this seems in the first place, it is rather pointless. Why should I tap through several steps when I can press and hold the power button, do one swipe and iPhone is off? However if the iPhone has a "faulty" (non-functional) power button THEN this is a brilliant solution.
    It all is relative!
    My suggestions were about "is it possible to have iWidgets on the LS". Yes, it is, but how effective or pointless this is remains to be seen.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (11-28-2012), The_Durben (11-28-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    You always will be at the main LS page after a respring or locking the home screen and you have to select what ever iWidget you want again and again, if you wish to do so.
    The selected iWidget will NOT stay on the LS!
    There is a difference between what is possible and if that makes sense.
    For example: someone wrote a SBSetting add-on that allows you to power off the iPhone, as cool as this seems in the first place, it is rather pointless. Why should I tap through several steps when I can press and hold the power button, do one swipe and iPhone is off? However if the iPhone has a "faulty" (non-functional) power button THEN this is a brilliant solution.
    It all is relative!
    My suggestions were about "is it possible to have iWidgets on the LS". Yes, it is, but how effective or pointless this is remains to be seen.
    I understood that distinction, Ras. The step I've been more excited about is one step back from this one - where I, as a coder, can put my own iWidgets of choice 'permanently' into the code of a LS. That's not for noobs. I just don't want some modders here to determine what's practical and not for the rest of us.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Tried this tweak called lockhtml ages ago and it didnt work just tried again an now it's working good. It allows you to select lockscreen widgets and not require a respring. Downside is that you can use touch functions. It was created by bushe who I believe is the same guy who fixed my location app.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (11-28-2012)

Page 102 of 365 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92100101102103104 112 152 202 ... LastLast