Page 65 of 104 FirstFirst ... 15 556364656667 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2072

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMatte v5 HD - The Apotheose [FREE]

First of all, thanks for the EPIC theme, you did hell of a job on this, its the most COMPLETED theme i have ever seen in my life, I've been using themes since the 1ST DEVICE was jailbroken back in 2008. And I also know that you spent TONS OF HOURS in this.

I didn't have time to read the whole story, and i apology for my ignorance... But I feel like speaking out my 2cents...

After years of using themes, I decided to become a themer out of a PASSION for it, and i'm sure many of themers here has the same intention as me! If you guys think we themer make alot of money in this, pls think twice before you spill.

For an average theme to be completed, one needs at least 300-500 hours, averaging 1500-3000 images in a theme! I have released 7 themes in total, my HIGHEST theme sale was 475, the LOWEST WAS 130! I dont know how well other themer do but this is it for me!

Lets use the HIGHEST case, 475 @2.99, 30% cut to cydia, i left with 475 x $2 = $950, divide by MORE THAN 300 HOURS = $3 PER HOUR. Come on, this is not even half of a DISH WASHER SALARY! Would you F*** your bosses if he pays you half of a dish washer salary? And i would say the same things if i'm not paid enough just to pay for the monthly ELECTRICITY BILLS.

And if you wondering how many downloads for that theme on xsellize then it is 90000...

This similar TOPIC had been broken out in many thread on ModMyi. Guys, if you don't like the theme, or don't like the thread, just go to the others. Give the themer some respect because he deserves that AT the very LEAST. Every themer has his right to do what he want with his theme. Nobody can say anything on how you carry on your life right? What would you do if someone someday stopped you and scolded you on how F***ED up your life is?

Have a good one guys!
    Thanks for reading
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by kimvy View Post
    The system *is* flawed. Cydia (Saurik) allows pirated work to sit side by side with the paid copies. Yes, piracy happens, but people are being hand-held through the process. They see something for free alongside the paid stuff and with a few smacks of the index finger they have a free copy of something installed for themselves.

At least with having to look for it on the websites, someone has to learn how to use their phone and have some kind of education as to SSH, etc.

One themer said on twitter that he only sold 26 copies. It's a nice theme. There were hundreds of pirated downloads. You think that's a workable system? I don't. If there were a better option that Cydia, I'd be there in flash solely for them having the pirate repos on it. Unfortunately, themeit is a pain getting updates with or I'd only buy from them.

You have been rude in this post as it is clear you don't know theming or economics and through your ignorance you have insulted myiCommunity with your tone and your words. Perhaps you should lurk and read and learn what really goes on with theming and how difficult it is to actually sell "thousands" of copies.

My apologies, myiCommunity for extending this topic, but this kid's rudeness and ignorance was just too much.
    Last edited by .:JimmyL:.; 05-09-2012 at 03:47 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to .:JimmyL:. For This Useful Post:

Cty (05-10-2012), It's Mi (05-09-2012), myiCommunity (05-09-2012), TuanPAC (05-09-2012), WaGGuM (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,212 Times in 2,931 Posts

Ok guys I personally think we should focus on this theme itself aside from the argument cause this debate thing would never end eventually
    just saying..

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smr_95 For This Useful Post:

ellersbee (05-09-2012), LEXS1411 (05-09-2012), moronoron (05-09-2012), WaGGuM (05-09-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Spiteful's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been an observer for a few days here on this thread, and I thought it's about time I replied and said Thank You for an awesome theme! It's absolutely by far the best theme I've tried up to date!

I recently donated a few bucks and will gladly do it again as soon as I can afford it

Have a nice one guys And please, no bickering )
    iPhone4 - Absinthe 2.2.4
    New iPad - Absinthe 2.2.4

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spiteful For This Useful Post:

myiCommunity (05-09-2012), WaGGuM (05-09-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mi View Post
    Hey Wag

Oh yes, they are beautiful, bro
    Thanky very very much for all your great work and effort regarding this wonderful theme

Mi

Thank you! I'm here to help, mod, and drool over everyone's work : ))))

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WaGGuM For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (05-10-2012)

The Jack White of Photoshop Hosko817's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 412 Posts

[QUOTE=kimvy;6520610You have been rude in this post as it is clear you don't know theming or economics and through your ignorance you have insulted myiCommunity with your tone and your words. Perhaps you should lurk and read and learn what really goes on with theming and how difficult it is to actually sell "thousands" of copies.[/QUOTE]

Last thing I will say and i will drop the topic all together.... Before you start throwing accusations around about how experienced somebody is at theming etc... learn who they are first. I'm pretty sure Tuan knows his way around themes and especially forums

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hosko817 For This Useful Post:

TuanPAC (05-09-2012)

Am I the only one that would be excited to have a iNav version for this theme. Haven't consistently used a iNav version since Blue Metals Project9 and now just recently Jimmys amazing Se7en theme. Love this theme and would love it more with this option. You have my support Zooropalg and excitement if you wish to pursue this mod.
    Last edited by Krima; 05-09-2012 at 09:48 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (05-10-2012), WaGGuM (05-09-2012)

Hi again. This will be my last post on the subject and it's not to defend myself for what I've said, it's to clarify where my ignorant and rude post came from.

I have no arguements with a theme creator being able to post a mod when or how they want, the issue is is what myiCommunity said, publically, for us all to hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by myiCommunity View Post
    And if everyone would stick together, and pressure cydia by boycotting it.. you can be sure that: either an alternative would come on top, or cydia would improve big time, and rethink it's weak system.
    A boycott? WOW! Its not directed at me, but Cydia, and as a jailbroken idevice user, I am offended. Cydia free,Winterboard free, Substrate free, without these would any of us be here? At this site? You can be the judge of that yourselves.

Cydia is flawed due to the piracy that happens there? Here's a quote IN THIS THREAD from saurik himself...
    Quote Originally Posted by saurik View Post
    One of the primary philosophies of the jailbreak community is that your device is yours, and that you aren't tied to any one person's conceptions, laws, or content for how you use your device. There are people using Cydia all around the world: tying everything under US law and only hosting things that I like makes me no better than Apple. The reason why Cydia is an interesting movement at all is that it is one where anyone can run a repository, whether they have one package or tens of thousands, whether their content is stable and pristine or buggy and obscene, whether they are 70 years old or 7 years old, and whether you have ever heard of them or not. This has led to the same kind of amazing proliferation of content and activities as the web browser (because, honestly, it is the exact same model; it even uses HTTP URLs ;P).
    Now I ask what's the difference between a private or pirate repo? One doesnt hide what it's got? Either way saurik has given his us ALL of this for free. Anyone here who thinks that boycotting him or bypassing him, IMO, isn't worth my time...

In saying that, Saurik, you've done a great job and I thank you for what you've done for the whole jailbreak community!!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TuanPAC For This Useful Post:

Hosko817 (05-09-2012), nealh (05-09-2012)

I am actually starting to lose interest in this thread there is to much chat and not enough theming.
    anyhow here is another Mod

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LEXS1411 For This Useful Post:

cassio299 (05-18-2012), indyzzzz (05-13-2012), It's Mi (05-10-2012), phil73 (05-09-2012), The Analyst (05-23-2013), WaGGuM (05-09-2012)

Seriously - dead issue movin on!

LEX where is that ribbed wallpaper from your clock widget saved in dropbox?

are those red badges saved?

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Am I the only one that would be excited to have a iNav version for this theme. Haven't consistently used a iNav version since Blue Metals Project9 and now just recently Jimmys amazing Se7en theme. Love this theme and would love it more with this option. You have my support Zooropalg and excitement if you wish to pursue this mod.
    This is actually a great idea - imycommunity already has some stuff in place for perpagehtml so with spring jumps (or similar icons to the folder ones I've been making) we could really knock it outta the park.

I'll brainstorm a little and see what ideas I come up with
    Last edited by WaGGuM; 05-09-2012 at 09:59 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WaGGuM For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (05-10-2012), Krima (05-09-2012)

In case I haven't said this yet, thank you all for the amazing work on this theme. In spite of the small diversion with all the post about Cydia and theme it, this has been a great experience in theming. Please keep me up to date with the iNav mod because this mod has reinvigorated my excitement for this theme. Thank you WaGGuM for the reply. Keep up the great work everybody.

id like to keep the wooden imatte icon theme my permanent icon set for my phone. May i request icons to be themed?

***also can you make a shelves-1-shelf wallpaper w/o the widget up top? like keep it clean? thanks!!
    Last edited by rivryan; 05-09-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LEXS1411 View Post
    I am actually starting to lose interest in this thread there is to much chat and not enough theming.

beautiful version of your widget lexs, it will be available on your dropbox please,thanks

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phil73 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (05-10-2012), LEXS1411 (05-09-2012)

WaGGum The wallpaper is in the Users/LEXS1411/Mods/iMatte AnalogMod
    The Black Badge are in Bundles /com.apple.springboard

Red badges not in there I will see if anyone wants the above Mod if so will put them in with the Theme.

Still getting used to DropBox not used it before.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LEXS1411 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (05-10-2012), WaGGuM (05-09-2012)

Beau-ti-ful!!!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Zooropalg For This Useful Post:

LEXS1411 (05-09-2012)

WaGGum The wallpaper is in the Users/LEXS1411/Mods/iMatte AnalogMod
    The Black Badge are in Bundles /com.apple.springboard

Red badges not in there I will see if anyone wants the above Mod if so will put them in with the Theme.

Still getting used to DropBox not used it before.
    I'll perform acrobatic stunts for those red badges

Me today :

29. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Zooropalg For This Useful Post:

ellersbee (05-09-2012), indyzzzz (05-13-2012), iskariotA (05-11-2012), It's Mi (05-10-2012), LEXS1411 (05-09-2012), markfern811 (05-09-2012), peachypete (05-09-2012), phil73 (05-09-2012), stratnik (05-09-2012), WaGGuM (05-09-2012)

I was a bit confused with Dropbox as I had never used it before I think (Hopefully getting the hang
    of it)

Have put this Mod of iMatte Analog in Dropbox

Where's this wallpaper? It looks different than the Wallpaper.png in your mod on dropbox

Is this a theme or a b*tch fest?

Quote Originally Posted by Zooropalg View Post
    Me today :

Dude, it's stating the obvious, but you have a Gift for creating these stunning pics of women haha. Never seen anything quite like it but I hope you are around for the long haul

33. The Following User Says Thank You to WaGGuM For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (05-10-2012)

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Not enough theming? You serious on this? I spent on average 15-20 hours a day (yeah I sleep half most of you do) and submit stuff everyday, and yet it is not enough?

You gotta be kidding me right...

I'm starting to lose interest as well... just so you know.

Page 65 of 104 FirstFirst ... 15 556364656667 75 ... LastLast