+ Reply
Page 52 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2 425051525354 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2072

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMatte v5 HD - The Apotheose [FREE]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by WaGGuM what's the winter pic for? Winterboard? yeah
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WaGGuM View Post
    what's the winter pic for? Winterboard?
    yeah

Thanks
    Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,175 Posts

Cool Facebook I must say

iMatte v5 HD - The Apotheose [FREE]-fb11imattei.pngiMatte v5 HD - The Apotheose [FREE]-notesimattei.pngiMatte v5 HD - The Apotheose [FREE]-wbimattei.png

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WaGGuM For This Useful Post:

catstide (05-03-2012), It's Mi (05-04-2012)

Thanks

nice! I like all 3 of those.

tonight...

could you do this cydia icon again...I think it may have the double mask...
    Last edited by catstide; 05-03-2012 at 08:51 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catstide For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (05-04-2012), WaGGuM (05-03-2012)

Thanks

lemme know how this works

iMatte v5 HD - The Apotheose [FREE]-ecimattei.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iMatte v5 HD - The Apotheose [FREE]-ecimattei.png  

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WaGGuM For This Useful Post:

catstide (05-03-2012), It's Mi (05-04-2012)

Thanks

lemme know how this works

Attachment 583238
    That one looks a lot better. Another cool cydia icon?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to catstide For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (05-04-2012)

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Curryking View Post
    One can argue that way, but isn't it better to have 70% of something rather than 100% of nothing? And that's what you've got until today. At least from the downloads via Cydia. I think the donation you've received are all from user of this forum and NOT people who downloaded your stuff via Cydia and followed your donation link.

There is no better way to reach a large audience than via offering your theme on Cydia. A private repo is nice for beta testing or giving early or separate access to donors, but not to spread you're theme out there...

I would calculate my theme in that way that after Cydia and paypal fees, I am left with around a dollar, so that would be around 1,4 -1,5. That seems a fair price (to me) for a "theme" and an amount I do not worry about. 2,99 makes me thinking... Let's face it, you will never get a fair price for what you've put on work into that and on the other hand... it's just a theme. A nice gimmick for you're iPhone that makes it looks different (and slows it down). Don't get me wrong, I love themes and I was happy to donate to you (even though I don't use it ), but I think 98% of the 4000 downloaders don't even know what they're downloading and how it works... therefore how much time you spent... ergo what it's worth... plus there are a lot of teenagers and young people out there, who have to hold their money together (how ironic that they have an iPhone). The people who love theming are all around here and I am sure most of them already donated. Don't expect to much from the Cydia-Downloaders... they just don't know it better...

As I already stated here: Make it paid! Unfortunately the Cydia-Fee-System will not get changed on the short run, so just live with it.

But don't expect to much either, a lot of the traffic and downloads were generated because the theme is offered for free. Meaning a lot of mouth-to-mouth advertising and a lot of forum postings that would not exist (or less) if it were paid... plus a lot of people just downloaded the theme and don't care about a updated (paid) version.

just my 2 cents.

btw. I run my little repo (http://curry.hitart.com) on my dropbox account (+dropbox folder on my mac). don't know if that would work for you, because of the traffic... but setting up a repo is no biggie. I guess maintaing the many packages you have will be. If you need any help, just hit me with a PN...

Hey!

Thanks for your detailed thoughts.

You are right regarding the fact that 70% is better than nothing. But I dunno, the system works because everyone is saying this to themselves. And Cydia right now is a monopoly.. sure there is theme it.. but if Cydia was really open, theme it would be a repo in Cydia, and not what it is currently. This was made in order to limit theme it market share.

So why should I support a system that is flawed, and that is so slowly developping. I mean.. why aren't there top 25-50 of each categories, like appstore, and top free, top paid, etc... the cydia store hasn't been update in years.. When I joined the iPhone scene, 80% of the apps that are present today were there... 2 years ago. Most don't even work no more on iOS4, let alone 5.

So with knowing that, and knowing that nothing is made to improve our relations with Cydia, how the submissions are made and processed, the store have seen very few improvements over the time I've knew it... so I guess it's more by principle, than anything.

And if everyone would stick together, and pressure cydia by boycotting it.. you can be sure that: either an alternative would come on top, or cydia would improve big time, and rethink it's weak system.

So, really... Cydia is out of the question for me right now. I'd rather get less than support a system I don't like. I support it enough with the many purchases I have made, just because there are no alternatives that is.

So you may be right, it might be better off for me in the short run, if I would sell on Cydia, but in the long run, this will also make sure nothing changes.

Also, regarding the fact it is just a theme, you are right, it is not essential in any way... but people spend thousands of dollars already for customizing just about anything to their liking. Cars, phone (software and the case itself), bicycle, homes, just about anything they care about, even their pets.

The stock UI is ugly and dated, and everyone wants to change it once they have had an iPhone for a few months... I know it didn't took me long before I grew tired of it.

So, a theme is more than just a theme, it's a work of art, an expression of yourself. Just like a painting... Doesn't have the same value, and can't really compare a theme to a painting, not what I'm saying, but the essence of it is the same. Both are art, and expression of yourself.

just my 2 cents...

no offense taken by the way, but that doesn't change the fact that iMatte won't be a paid theme on cydia for the reasons explained.

So dropbox for donators might be the best for me then... over time, more people will likely want to donate to get the new stuff every now and then... so we'll see.

The update is mostly prepared now, will start clearing my dropbox and issue out emails tomorrow to all donators, with share invitations.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to myiCommunity For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (05-04-2012), rubbercake (05-04-2012), WaGGuM (05-03-2012)

Thanks

iMatte v5 HD - The Apotheose [FREE]-ec2imattei.png

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WaGGuM For This Useful Post:

catstide (05-04-2012), It's Mi (05-05-2012), Nvr2nd2ne1 (05-07-2012)

zro
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,136 Times in 859 Posts

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and here is the mac window on a blank screen so if anyone wants to use it for something they can

i thought about taking all the buttons off but i said na, kinda makes it have more interesting detail

i like this one, i added effects and filters to make her look painted and now heres my buddy the Cat

Last edited by zro; 05-03-2012 at 10:29 PM.
    JESUS CHRIST is my LORD & Savior...Trust In GOD

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zro For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (05-05-2012), markfern811 (05-04-2012), Mone (05-03-2012), myiCommunity (05-03-2012), nateD (05-05-2012), rubbercake (05-04-2012)

Thanks

Oh Boy sick walls and I am diving into the Fabric PSDs

I must say Pierre these are special

zro
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,136 Times in 859 Posts

I should go to bed now lol

JESUS CHRIST is my LORD & Savior...Trust In GOD

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zro For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (05-04-2012), myiCommunity (05-03-2012)

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zro View Post
    I should go to bed now lol

Loving this one!!! Pretty sure bunch of others will like this as well! Love the mix of retro, bitmap art, and the clean modern font in the middle... awesome wallpaper!

Thanks

Prototype

iMatte v5 HD - The Apotheose [FREE]-indbcimi.png

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WaGGuM For This Useful Post:

catstide (05-04-2012), EventHorizn (05-04-2012), Gutsytripod (05-04-2012), It's Mi (05-04-2012), Mone (05-03-2012), myiCommunity (05-03-2012), snakeeater01 (05-04-2012), yakitori2009 (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,552 Times in 375 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstep View Post
    Hey this is a great mod and just wanted to pass on my thanks. I do have some questions. First does it only put the weather on one SB page? And how do you change the LS time to 12 hour or can you?

Again thanks for a great mod.
    Hi Dirtstep, to change the time to the 12 hour mode in my mod you open the LockBackground.html and scroll down to this line .. and delete the double slash in front of it ..

<!-- Convert hours component of "12" to "24" -->
    //currentHours = ( currentHours > 12 ) ? currentHours - 12 : currentHours;

And when you like to have the weather on all SB pages, then simply delete the Pages inside the theme folder.

=============================

@smr_95 - Yes, it was supposed .. but I have not thought about, that it's on the lockscreen half out of the display .. lol .. sorry

Now I have edited this weather image that it's without text .. please replace ..

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mone For This Useful Post:

Dirtstep (05-04-2012), It's Mi (05-04-2012), Pocyahtstu (05-05-2012), smr_95 (05-04-2012), yakitori2009 (05-04-2012)

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Oh man, can't decide no more which one I prefer! you up the ante for the folder icons!

Awesome! love the classy text effect, feel laser cut!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to myiCommunity For This Useful Post:

WaGGuM (05-04-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iWalker View Post
    Hello!

I really love the iMatte v5 theme and I have one question:
    Is it possible to have the analog clock from the iMatte SB Old School theme as a widget, so that it is only on one page and not on every page?
    I know there are clock widgets for PerPageHTML+ but they are simply not as beautiful as the one from iMatte.
    I really appreciate your work and I'm highly impressed! Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by myiCommunity View Post
    Consider it done

Thanks, but I pretty much figured it out myself. Took a few hours to completely get used to it und understand the full structure of the theme. I figured I could just copy the iMatte SB Oldschool folder and paste it to the PerPageHTML+ directory, choose it as a widget and it works just perfect. Played a bit with the settings and boom:

iMatte v5 HD - The Apotheose [FREE]-eof23a9s.png

The analog clock is now a widget and only on the first page.
    Bringing me to another question:
    It seems as if the page indicators on the bottom of every page have been resized and are now larger (you can't see Spotlight for example). I have 12 pages, which is not so hard if you use pages instead of folders to organize your apps Can I get the page dots closer together somehow?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to iWalker For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (05-04-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am very inexperienced with themeing beyond basic "install via cydia and enable in winterboard" and even I can see this theme is remarkable with a lot if really cool things coming, making me want to learn more about it.

I for sure support making it paid, and I understand the cydia issue. However how will you control piracy with no privatized distro source? If you have a private download link it will just get spread around, and you will lose visibility.

I will donate when I get paid, and thank you for the help

Thanks
    Thanked 2,124 Times in 527 Posts

@myiCommunity
    Finally I have finished reading all 52 pages and with my appreciation of your beautiful themes, just donated a small sum to your PayPal link keep up of your good work~
    Should you decided to have private repo or any download method, I will still show my little support in future.

Thank you to all the ppl whom contributed to this great themes, good day to all

Confirmation number: 56N870262M7320629

30. The Following User Says Thank You to yakitori2009 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,265 Times in 2,780 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mone View Post
    Hi Dirtstep, to change the time to the 12 hour mode in my mod you open the LockBackground.html and scroll down to this line .. and delete the double slash in front of it ..

<!-- Convert hours component of "12" to "24" -->
    //currentHours = ( currentHours > 12 ) ? currentHours - 12 : currentHours;

And when you like to have the weather on all SB pages, then simply delete the Pages inside the theme folder.

=============================

@smr_95 - Yes, it was supposed .. but I have not thought about, that it's on the lockscreen half out of the display .. lol .. sorry

Now I have edited this weather image that it's without text .. please replace ..

Thanks MoNE! here's mine with minor overlay change
    Beautiful weather pics I might say..

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smr_95 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (05-04-2012), Pocyahtstu (05-05-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

This looks great!

Thanks

Can someone point me toward where the Celsius "C" is in Mone's lockscreen widget? Can't seem to find it