+ Reply
Page 51 of 104 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2072

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iMatte v5 HD - The Apotheose [FREE]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
I say make it paid, whoever said you already have a complete separate theme is right, you can split up the fabric theme to its own and make it $1
...
  1. #1001
    Theme Creator larke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    564
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 363 Posts

    I say make it paid, whoever said you already have a complete separate theme is right, you can split up the fabric theme to its own and make it $1 or $1.50 and using the icons i made along with the "light" version i'm making you can add that to iMatte and start charging the same for that. and theyre right that cheaper themes will sell more and probably make more.

    When i started i wanted to make enough to buy a macbook pro, ended up buying a pc, but made enough for the mac, and just that makes it worth it. I wasnt expecting to get rich, its nice to get money here and there too to go out to eat or something

    You're never gonna get the amount you deserve because frankly if it was a job and you were getting an hourly wage, i'm making less than the slaves in china lol . its just worth it when people tell you how much they love you're theme and then make mods for it. And also people are always gonna pirate your theme.

    HotPink | iApplesauce | Hypnotiq | iAppleWood | boss mods

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to larke For This Useful Post:

    It's Mi (05-03-2012), metaserph (05-03-2012), myiCommunity (05-03-2012)

  3. #1002
    Livin the iPhone Life catstide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cullman, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    1,062
    Thanks
    646
    Thanked 601 Times in 336 Posts

    I've always felt that this theme shouldn't be free. I've paid for many themes and this is easily in the top two or three in my opinion. I would just put it on cydia for 3 bucks and be done with it. The popularity of this theme will easily bank you some bucks.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catstide For This Useful Post:

    It's Mi (05-04-2012), myiCommunity (05-03-2012)

  5. #1003
    iPhoneaholic numb_gb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    427
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 246 Times in 156 Posts

    Hey where can I find the black glyphs please?

    Tia

  6. #1004
    Full Moon Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    2,953
    Thanks
    3,641
    Thanked 7,226 Times in 2,297 Posts

    Just donated. Please don't lose faith. This theme is by far one of my favorites and I have many on my iPhone. Keep up the great work, sir.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    It's Mi (05-04-2012), myiCommunity (05-03-2012)

  8. #1005
    What's Jailbreak? RealThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 66 Times in 20 Posts

    Me today..
    Credit-Mone* dBar Board Widget & Flip Clock LS

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RealThought For This Useful Post:

    It's Mi (05-04-2012), Mone (05-03-2012), myiCommunity (05-03-2012), WaGGuM (05-03-2012)

  10. #1006
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    327
    Thanks
    504
    Thanked 219 Times in 110 Posts

    I donated a few days ago, presume u got it ok?

    Transaction 4HX97224GD183352L

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to markfern811 For This Useful Post:

    myiCommunity (05-03-2012)

  12. #1007
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    280
    Thanks
    986
    Thanked 255 Times in 148 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Mone View Post
    Hello myiCommunity, with thanks to you for your beautiful theme

    This is my mod .. with new weather icons, bigger in size for more sharpness.

    Click on pic to see it in original size.



    Download: HERE

    Iconoclasm layout: 5x5 (from1.0)

    Also for this is required 'WeatherIcon' from Cydia .. and you have to set up in the iPhone settings.


    Credits:

    To you of course
    Max Patrese - Basic Script
    Subywrex and Durben - Basic Native Weather Widget (now included in the dBar Script)
    nardoxic - Chrome Slider

    I hope you like it
    Hey this is a great mod and just wanted to pass on my thanks. I do have some questions. First does it only put the weather on one SB page? And how do you change the LS time to 12 hour or can you?

    Again thanks for a great mod.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirtstep For This Useful Post:

    It's Mi (05-04-2012), Mone (05-03-2012)

  14. #1008
    Theme Modder WaGGuM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,713
    Thanks
    2,160
    Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,175 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by RealThought View Post
    Me today..
    Credit-Mone* dBar Board Widget & Flip Clock LS
    Whoaaaaa awesome dude

  15. #1009
    Theme Creator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sherbrooke, QC
    Posts
    271
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked 548 Times in 183 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstep View Post
    Hey this is a great mod and just wanted to pass on my thanks. I do have some questions. First does it only put the weather on one SB page? And how do you change the LS time to 12 hour or can you?

    Again thanks for a great mod.
    It is not officially out, it has been made multi-lingual and a little clean up of the html/java...

    It will be released in the update that I will submit BigBoss tonight, or early tomorrow. I've worked all day preparing everything, and putting it together, with readmes, package descriptions... I still have the screenshots to do, and a few packages descriptions remains.

    It's will be a rather large update Felt almost like packaging half of iMatte again... so expect a flood of stuff again!

    Your support and donations today have been of great help, thanks all.

    I haven't decided yet what to do... for now, what is most interesting is the private repo or dropbox options. Paid on Cydia will be as a last resort, cause I seriously believe 30% is way too much. At least for themers. Most coders will only spend a few hours, or at most a few days on something and sell it, and sometimes, not even update it, because sales have been deceiving...

    When you spend literally months on something, like thousands of hours... 30% is a bit steep... at this price... I would send them the theme as is, and expect them to make screenshots, readme, descriptions and everything.. but doubt it's the case, and doubt it would be to my liking anyway.

    Plus the paypal fees, you are left with little.

    So the main reason why it is not paid on Cydia, is for this reason. I would go up to 10% at most for the services we actually have. Plus the store isn't really optimal to find what is really good, or even what is buyable...

    I would have wished theme it would have been different, but it works the same... 30% and you do all your own work for submissions..

    So at the moment, there is nothing really attractive for themers that wish to create something out of the ordinary.

    If I would spend a week on something and sell it, then 30% would be more acceptable...

    As I always said, those who currently sell on Cydia are paying for the bundle of crap you can find on it. Cause let's face it.. you could be removing 1/3 or 1/2 the store, and no one would notice...

    Quote Originally Posted by markfern811 View Post
    I donated a few days ago, presume u got it ok?

    Transaction 4HX97224GD183352L
    Yes I did received it, thanks! I will issue out a couple of emails regarding donations... I was a bit busy this week pushing out the update, I'm sorry for not writing before. I could set-up automated replies, but I don't like those..
    Last edited by myiCommunity; 05-03-2012 at 05:52 PM.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to myiCommunity For This Useful Post:

    Dirtstep (05-04-2012), It's Mi (05-04-2012), Mone (05-03-2012)

  17. #1010
    Theme Modder WaGGuM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,713
    Thanks
    2,160
    Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,175 Posts

    Pierre check your gmail : )

  18. #1011
    Livin the iPhone Life cl1ck4207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,287
    Thanks
    4,157
    Thanked 2,303 Times in 771 Posts

    Hey I donated five last week but I understand your concern, you've Putin alotof work, so with this next update release you are guaranteed to get another five, great work, I live looking at it on my phone, and coming back to this forum everyday and seeing the great work and moral of others just because this is in fact free. But seriously people donate, you know damn well this shouldn't be free.
    twitter--@cl1ck4207__site--b0mb-Diggity
    #Motif Public DropBox
    -->All Public DropBoxes<--
    m!n!ma!--Flite--EDGY-HD-(incomplete)--ToPaz--Neo:Style--ThemisHD--Auros--exxOS--Andro HD

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cl1ck4207 For This Useful Post:

    It's Mi (05-04-2012), myiCommunity (05-03-2012)

  20. #1012
    Theme Modder smr_95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Surabaya, Indonesia
    Posts
    3,481
    Thanks
    3,246
    Thanked 11,636 Times in 2,500 Posts

    anyone who uses MoNE's widget, I found something odd on weather pic of rain condition...there's a text saying "only rain"...is it supposed to be like that?



    Last edited by smr_95; 05-03-2012 at 07:09 PM.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smr_95 For This Useful Post:

    It's Mi (05-04-2012), Mone (05-03-2012)

  22. #1013
    Theme Creator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sherbrooke, QC
    Posts
    271
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked 548 Times in 183 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by smr_95 View Post
    anyone who uses MoNE's widget, I found something odd on weather pic of rain condition...there's a text sayaing "only rain"...is it supposed to be like that?



    Really liking this slider you chose to go with this!

    Regarding the only rain text, I would believe it is right in the image.. you can look at them inside the layout directory, inside icons. You should copy them to your computer and have a look at thumbnail view to find it...If you have iFile, you can do the same with it.

    Don't remember if it was you asking for the am/pm of this layout, but upon seeing this comment, I went and checked, and there was no config option for this, and seems I didn't noticed when I translated the layout, so I added 12/24h variable, and styled the am/pm, cause it was set to not be displayed

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to myiCommunity For This Useful Post:

    It's Mi (05-04-2012), Mone (05-03-2012), smr_95 (05-03-2012)

  24. #1014
    Theme Modder smr_95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Surabaya, Indonesia
    Posts
    3,481
    Thanks
    3,246
    Thanked 11,636 Times in 2,500 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by myiCommunity View Post
    Really liking this slider you chose to go with this!

    Regarding the only rain text, I would believe it is right in the image.. you can look at them inside the layout directory, inside icons. You should copy them to your computer and have a look at thumbnail view to find it...If you have iFile, you can do the same with it.

    Don't remember if it was you asking for the am/pm of this layout, but upon seeing this comment, I went and checked, and there was no config option for this, and seems I didn't noticed when I translated the layout, so I added 12/24h variable, and styled the am/pm, cause it was set to not be displayed
    Thanks for fast reply..I guess I'm gonna use MoNE's new weather icon instead of this one..I think it's suppose to be no text on the weather pic..
    The slider is Curryking's

    No, it wasn't me..I was asking about changing temperature value from F to C and vice versa..automatically

  25. #1015
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Curryking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    51.22N / 6.77E
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    726
    Thanked 2,701 Times in 449 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by myiCommunity View Post
    It is not officially out, it has been made multi-lingual and a little clean up of the html/java...

    It will be released in the update that I will submit BigBoss tonight, or early tomorrow. I've worked all day preparing everything, and putting it together, with readmes, package descriptions... I still have the screenshots to do, and a few packages descriptions remains.

    It's will be a rather large update Felt almost like packaging half of iMatte again... so expect a flood of stuff again!

    Your support and donations today have been of great help, thanks all.

    I haven't decided yet what to do... for now, what is most interesting is the private repo or dropbox options. Paid on Cydia will be as a last resort, cause I seriously believe 30% is way too much. At least for themers. Most coders will only spend a few hours, or at most a few days on something and sell it, and sometimes, not even update it, because sales have been deceiving...

    When you spend literally months on something, like thousands of hours... 30% is a bit steep... at this price... I would send them the theme as is, and expect them to make screenshots, readme, descriptions and everything.. but doubt it's the case, and doubt it would be to my liking anyway.

    Plus the paypal fees, you are left with little.

    So the main reason why it is not paid on Cydia, is for this reason. I would go up to 10% at most for the services we actually have. Plus the store isn't really optimal to find what is really good, or even what is buyable...

    I would have wished theme it would have been different, but it works the same... 30% and you do all your own work for submissions..

    So at the moment, there is nothing really attractive for themers that wish to create something out of the ordinary.

    If I would spend a week on something and sell it, then 30% would be more acceptable...

    As I always said, those who currently sell on Cydia are paying for the bundle of crap you can find on it. Cause let's face it.. you could be removing 1/3 or 1/2 the store, and no one would notice...



    Yes I did received it, thanks! I will issue out a couple of emails regarding donations... I was a bit busy this week pushing out the update, I'm sorry for not writing before. I could set-up automated replies, but I don't like those..
    One can argue that way, but isn't it better to have 70% of something rather than 100% of nothing? And that's what you've got until today. At least from the downloads via Cydia. I think the donation you've received are all from user of this forum and NOT people who downloaded your stuff via Cydia and followed your donation link.

    There is no better way to reach a large audience than via offering your theme on Cydia. A private repo is nice for beta testing or giving early or separate access to donors, but not to spread you're theme out there...

    I would calculate my theme in that way that after Cydia and paypal fees, I am left with around a dollar, so that would be around 1,4 -1,5. That seems a fair price (to me) for a "theme" and an amount I do not worry about. 2,99 makes me thinking... Let's face it, you will never get a fair price for what you've put on work into that and on the other hand... it's just a theme. A nice gimmick for you're iPhone that makes it looks different (and slows it down). Don't get me wrong, I love themes and I was happy to donate to you (even though I don't use it ), but I think 98% of the 4000 downloaders don't even know what they're downloading and how it works... therefore how much time you spent... ergo what it's worth... plus there are a lot of teenagers and young people out there, who have to hold their money together (how ironic that they have an iPhone). The people who love theming are all around here and I am sure most of them already donated. Don't expect to much from the Cydia-Downloaders... they just don't know it better...

    As I already stated here: Make it paid! Unfortunately the Cydia-Fee-System will not get changed on the short run, so just live with it.

    But don't expect to much either, a lot of the traffic and downloads were generated because the theme is offered for free. Meaning a lot of mouth-to-mouth advertising and a lot of forum postings that would not exist (or less) if it were paid... plus a lot of people just downloaded the theme and don't care about a updated (paid) version.

    just my 2 cents.

    btw. I run my little repo (http://curry.hitart.com) on my dropbox account (+dropbox folder on my mac). don't know if that would work for you, because of the traffic... but setting up a repo is no biggie. I guess maintaing the many packages you have will be. If you need any help, just hit me with a PN...
    Last edited by Curryking; 05-03-2012 at 07:50 PM.

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curryking For This Useful Post:

    iskariotA (05-03-2012), It's Mi (05-04-2012), myiCommunity (05-03-2012)

  27. #1016
    zro
    zro is offline
    Theme Creator zro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,157
    Thanks
    875
    Thanked 7,136 Times in 859 Posts



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us




    Uploaded with ImageShack.us




    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    JESUS CHRIST is my LORD & Savior...Trust In GOD

  28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zro For This Useful Post:

    It's Mi (05-04-2012), markfern811 (05-04-2012), Mone (05-03-2012), myiCommunity (05-03-2012), WaGGuM (05-03-2012)

  29. #1017
    Livin the iPhone Life catstide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cullman, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    1,062
    Thanks
    646
    Thanked 601 Times in 336 Posts

    WaG....you up for some icons ?

  30. #1018
    Theme Modder WaGGuM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,713
    Thanks
    2,160
    Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,175 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    WaG....you up for some icons ?
    hit me

    Quote Originally Posted by zro View Post


    Uploaded with ImageShack.us




    Uploaded with ImageShack.us




    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Dude your wallpapers are Gorgeous

  31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WaGGuM For This Useful Post:

    It's Mi (05-04-2012), Mone (05-03-2012), zro (05-03-2012)

  32. #1019
    Livin the iPhone Life catstide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cullman, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    1,062
    Thanks
    646
    Thanked 601 Times in 336 Posts




  33. #1020
    Theme Modder WaGGuM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,713
    Thanks
    2,160
    Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,175 Posts

    what's the winter pic for? Winterboard?

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts