+ Reply
Page 50 of 104 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 60 100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2072

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMatte v5 HD - The Apotheose [FREE]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Mikahl I should have thought of that... Damn. Thanks so much for the help! No problems Winterboard is working in cascade, like CSS does. So, if you
    Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikahl View Post
    I should have thought of that... Damn. Thanks so much for the help!
    No problems

Winterboard is working in cascade, like CSS does.

So, if you enable two themes, that shares common stuff, the one on top will be the defining one. If they don't share anything, it doesn't matter, but when they do, order is what will determine how your iPhone looks when respringing.

Quote Originally Posted by smr_95 View Post
    Dude, you might wanna change the temp degree to F
    Hmmm, I'll try to see in the script code if I couldn't make this happen automatically... I don't use Fahrenheit, so I didn't noticed this when I added multi-lingual stuff to it!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,175 Posts

What is involved in creating a private repo with cydia account activation similar to Elite Pro?

That'd be cool because then you can give donators access to the private repo and they'll get all your updates etc.

Feel free to email me on my gmail any time to discuss options dude. I got a dropbox account with the 50gbs waiting if you wanna use that. I'd fully support a paid theme, but I'd like some of the more seasoned members of this forum to give their two cents on what's a good way to make sure you're getting Something for this work!

PS I just donated again
    Last edited by WaGGuM; 05-03-2012 at 09:50 AM.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WaGGuM For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (05-03-2012), Mone (05-03-2012), Nvr2nd2ne1 (05-07-2012)

The Jack White of Photoshop Hosko817's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by myiCommunity View Post
    A-w-e-s-o-m-e! Love it!

Ok guys...

I have a tough decision to make. I know most of you, at least, those who are involved, write stuff and do stuff, have actually donated.

In fact, the most donations I have received to date, is still the first and third day, when I first announced iMatte on MMi. So you guys have been really supportive, and I appreciate.

I knew that I would be likely deceived in the amount of money I would actually receive, but please tell me, if I'm right to feel down today:

It's the 4th morning I wake up to no donation at all. 0. In fact, that last donation was made by Zooropalg... even tho he shouldn't have since he's done so much already.

on more than 4000 downloads, I have barely received 40 donations so far, that is including the donations I got here, before it was even released as a public test.

I'm not greedy, I'm not asking much... but it's hard to keep on putting the same kind of efforts, both in the theme itself, and supporting it like I do...

I knew I told iMatte was going to be free, but I really didn't expected this to happen. Maybe I was only wishful thinking.. I dunno...

I understand that lots of you, are on tight budget, and cannot donate... but really, on 4000 downloads... couldnt 100 people have a little 2-3$ to spare?

It hurts...

I'm not kidding you around by the way, you should know it by now. I can provide my paypal capture to prove that I'm not hiding 10000$ in there...

So, I could go on and try to keep moral and do what I do now... but will more likely end up being torn apart by this in the end.

Or

I could make the theme paid... which I don't want to.

Or

I could make a thermo meter graphic, and say like, when we've reached the amount, say 50$, the update goes live for everyone.

I hate to have to resort to this... really... if everyone that had downloaded it had given only a little buck... I would be on crack creating content 24/24 7/7 :P (crack is a joke btw :P )

If the theme does indeed goes paid, no worry, I will issue codes to everyone that have donated and contributed to the theme in any way... even those that posted many times in the thread...

Thanks all, I really appreciate everyone that showed up in here. You are great people.

Sincerely yours,

Pierre-André
    make it a paid package. It is more complete, and graphically superior to probably 80% of paid themes out there.
    Last edited by Hosko817; 05-03-2012 at 09:55 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hosko817 For This Useful Post:

Nvr2nd2ne1 (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,337 Times in 695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zooropalg View Post
    @pierre-andré : my friend, my dear friend, you know my opinion about making this theme for free. The time + the talent + the support should make this theme a paid theme.
    I supported you and continue to do.
    I say • iMatte • has the potential to be a paid theme.
    +100

Thanks

Man I love your folders! They are amazing!

Nice setup you got there!

Do you think you could make some pouches like this, but with 20px rounded corners, to match the fabric icons? If you think of a way to fit the little ribbon they have on them, I could send the ribbon your way so it is the same!

Yeah it seems this set is my prized creation - I'll work on rounding em out maybe with a PNG of one of the fabric icons and see what I can do - funny I was just dreaming up some cool folders for the Fabrics.

You need to unleash the fury and lemme get my hands on those PSDs!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WaGGuM For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,337 Times in 695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WaGGuM View Post
    What is involved in creating a private repo with cydia account activation similar to Elite Pro?

That'd be cool because then you can give donators access to the private repo and they'll get all your updates etc.

Feel free to email me on my gmail any time to discuss options dude. I got a dropbox account with the 50gbs waiting if you wanna use that. I'd fully support a paid theme, but I'd like some of the more seasoned members of this forum to give their two cents on what's a good way to make sure you're getting Something for this work!

PS I just donated again
    thats a great great idea with you on this

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicoand For This Useful Post:

Mone (05-03-2012), WaGGuM (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,609 Times in 1,632 Posts

No problems

Winterboard is working in cascade, like CSS does.

So, if you enable two themes, that shares common stuff, the one on top will be the defining one. If they don't share anything, it doesn't matter, but when they do, order is what will determine how your iPhone looks when respringing.

Hmmm, I'll try to see in the script code if I couldn't make this happen automatically... I don't use Fahrenheit, so I didn't noticed this when I added multi-lingual stuff to it!
    Me too, I don't use Fahrenheit, but if anyone wants it just edit wallpaper.html and edit this line with corresponding language, "&#176C" change the value C to F

here's mine
    Last edited by smr_95; 05-03-2012 at 10:07 AM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smr_95 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (05-03-2012), Mone (05-03-2012), myiCommunity (05-03-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Open the image you want to resize in photoshop, and press control-alt-i , alt or the equivalent on the mac? Not sure what it is, command apple i?

Or thru the menu under Image -> Image Size

If you are reducing, select the bicubic sharper (best for reduction) settings... you should never enlarge anyway... unless you converted a big image to a smart object, resized it down, then you could scale it back up to it's original size, but that's different matter
    Thank you for your reply (:
    I'll try that when I get home since I'm at school right now. Wait, I know how to resize but I meant like, how can I resize it to a certain size. For example, I try changing an icon from 118x120 to 58x58. But when I insert the 58 it automatically adds another number not letting me insert the other 58. I'm sorry I'm not explaining myself good enough.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PakoBahena View Post
    Thank you for your reply (:
    I'll try that when I get home since I'm at school right now. Wait, I know how to resize but I meant like, how can I resize it to a certain size. For example, I try changing an icon from 118x120 to 58x58. But when I insert the 58 it automatically adds another number not letting me insert the other 58. I'm sorry I'm not explaining myself good enough.
    Yeah, not sure I got you right on this. But I think I do now.

When you resize an image, by default, photoshop have constrain proportions on, because that is the behavior you usually want. If you want to resize to a different aspect ratio, untick the contrain proportions at the bottom of the window, you will be able to resize any way you want...

However.. you image will look different if you go about like this... here is what you should do first then:

crop your icon to 118x118 and then resize to 58.. this way you will keep the icon the same way...

Quote Originally Posted by smr_95 View Post
    Me too, I don't use Fahrenheit, but if anyone wants it just edit wallpaper.html and edit this line with corresponding language, "°C" change the value C to F

here's mine
    I have looked to make this C or F be selected automatically... but couldn't... seems like this data isn't found in the weathericon plist... only the temperature itself.. so...

The solution I thought won't be good enough either.. I was thinking of adding a variable in the configureMe.js script, but it will end up being more confusing to people... they will select the F or C there, and think it will change their temperature value as well.. when it is set in the weather app instead.

So, the easiest way was to just append a degree sign to the temperature with nothing else... like in the stock native weather by Subywrex.

Also fixed a little problems in the translation that eluded me first time, since I didnt got to see the time at noon. Was saying midnight, and appended hour to it... now it says midi vingt perfect!

Yeah it seems this set is my prized creation - I'll work on rounding em out maybe with a PNG of one of the fabric icons and see what I can do - funny I was just dreaming up some cool folders for the Fabrics.

You need to unleash the fury and lemme get my hands on those PSDs!
    I will And regarding the dropbox, it could be a great idea.. I believe most people who will be donating and interested in will know how it works and already have dropbox, so it could be a nice solution.

I know how to make a repo, but I don't know how to make a secure one. So, a repo is out of the idea, unless I can get help secure it with some sort of code.
    Last edited by myiCommunity; 05-03-2012 at 10:38 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myiCommunity For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (05-03-2012), Mone (05-03-2012)

Thanks

I will And regarding the dropbox, it could be a great idea.. I believe most people who will be donating and interested in will know how it works and already have dropbox, so it could be a nice solution.

I know how to make a repo, but I don't know how to make a secure one. So, a repo is out of the idea, unless I can get help secure it with some sort of code.

hm yeah dropbox right? You can add only donating members to your shared files - plus the more people who join and share the more space you get if I remember correctly.

Brainstorming now about other donation avenues because I know paypal is a problem for kids under 18 who don't have their own credit cards/debit cards.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

hm yeah dropbox right? You can add only donating members to your shared files - plus the more people who join and share the more space you get if I remember correctly.

Brainstorming now about other donation avenues because I know paypal is a problem for kids under 18 who don't have their own credit cards/debit cards.
    Well, I could accept an iTunes gift as well, since I cannot buy easily on iTunes Canada... it doesn't accept Paypal, so I have to buy iTunes cards at walmart to buy there...

Also, I got problems accepting donations myself, as I don't have a credit card as well. It took everything to convince my mom to create herself a paypal account when I started this, since they are from a generation who don't trust online transactions... but I explained how paypal worked and everything, and she agreed.

Regarding dropbox, I dont have much experience with the sharing, only shared stuff twice, but I thought the space they give you, is when you refer someone, and they create an account. If they already have one, and you add to share, I don't believe you get any extra space...

If anyone have any good idea, let us know!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zooropalg View Post
    @pierre-andré : my friend, my dear friend, you know my opinion about making this theme for free. The time + the talent + the support should make this theme a paid theme.
    I supported you and continue to do.
    I say • iMatte • has the potential to be a paid theme.
    i think so.

i vote for thermo meter graphic

Regards.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Old School Clock Widget?
    Hello!

I really love the iMatte v5 theme and I have one question:
    Is it possible to have the analog clock from the iMatte SB Old School theme as a widget, so that it is only on one page and not on every page?
    I know there are clock widgets for PerPageHTML+ but they are simply not as beautiful as the one from iMatte.
    I really appreciate your work and I'm highly impressed! Thanks in advance!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Charge for the theme
    I just donated $3 US. Charge for the theme. You've worked too hard on this to see so much money walk out the door. You're trying to appeal to the altruistic nature of adults but your mainly dealing with a very young jailbreak community. Most didn't even jailbreak their own phones. No artist would give away free prints of their paintings and you shouldn't give away free access to your theme. I applaud your faith in humanity but this isn't good.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iWalker View Post
    Hello!

I really love the iMatte v5 theme and I have one question:
    Is it possible to have the analog clock from the iMatte SB Old School theme as a widget, so that it is only on one page and not on every page?
    I know there are clock widgets for PerPageHTML+ but they are simply not as beautiful as the one from iMatte.
    I really appreciate your work and I'm highly impressed! Thanks in advance!
    Consider it done

22. The Following User Says Thank You to myiCommunity For This Useful Post:

iWalker (05-03-2012)

Thanks

I just donated $3 US. Charge for the theme. You've worked too hard on this to see so much money walk out the door. You're trying to appeal to the altruistic nature of adults but your mainly dealing with a very young jailbreak community. Most didn't even jailbreak their own phones. No artist would give away free prints of their paintings and you shouldn't give away free access to your theme. I applaud your faith in humanity but this isn't good.

Well it certainly ain't too late! The mods and Icon options that you're planning to release is pretty much a new theme so now, with a lesson learned and your true followers in your back pocket, make the new peeps cough it up!

By the way I'm even weary of going Paid on Cydia because some crack site is just going to host pirated copies within a day. hopefully we can set up an air-tight way to jump start this bad boy

My iPhone is a Part of Me Curryking's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,701 Times in 449 Posts

Well, as if the update weren't big enough as it is, I found a very nice word clock script on the net a few days ago, and I had to turn it into a lockscreen layout!

Unfortunately, the widget will only be available in english. But it looks so damn spiffy!

By the way, the letters are randomized each time the widget load. You can also animate the loading and transitions. I will post a video of it later or tomorrow. It looks really nice, with the letters scrambling...

[...]
    This concept is called QlockTwo -> http://www.qlocktwo.com/ an iPhone version has already been made by cTn (-> http://ctn.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d45klzv), also I do not remember that the letters scrambled or if it has any animation...

[...]

I could make the theme paid... which I don't want to.

[...]
    Just do it. This theme is more detailed and complete than 95% of the other paid theme crap available on Cydia, plus the superb ongoing support you are giving on a daily base. Don't feel sorry for taking money that you fully deserve. Unfortunately that's how live works. It was worth a shot to release this baby for free, but as you can see you're experiment failed - cause people are used to take stuff for free, without donating and giving any thoughts to the people that made this theme happen and the shitload of work you put into this.

4000 downloads and not a single dime is a shame. And if you don't feel like taking $2,99 (I know it's worth even more) lower the price. It's a mixed calculation, I think lowering the price and offering themes for 0,99 or 1,49 would even generate more sales and therefore profit, cause more people would buy it. When I buy an app for more than 1-2 dollar I think twice, less thinking when the price is under one dollar... just look up the internet for some pricing studies...

For what I can read, this topic is really bugging you, but theming should be about having fun! Stop bothering, take money and enjoy!
    Last edited by Curryking; 05-03-2012 at 01:34 PM.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curryking For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (05-03-2012), WaGGuM (05-03-2012)

Theme Creator
    Thanks

That is well said. That was exactly my thoughts behind this. But I'm already going on 37 myself, so that may be my mistake there.

To be honest tho, I didn't thought my theme would appeal much to the younger crowd, since, I believe, they tend to prefer flashier things. But I may be wrong there!

Like I said earlier, I'm no salesman or marketeer...

Thanks again for your donation, it means much to me.

Regarding faith in humanity, well, I have always been a wishful thinker I believe... I had no idea what to expect when I started this, I didn't believed it would get that many downloads anyway, in such a short time frame, so I was expecting maybe 5% donation rate... so maybe 50 donations for 1000 people using it... but we are very far from this...

I told myself, maybe some people like to try and feel the product before making a donation, so I waited a few days... but when I woke up to nothing again this morning.. it ringed a bell...

I didn't really wanted to go on like this for a month or two, and be the ultimate loser in the end.

I will see with WaGGuM about the private repo, that may be a good solution to keeping what I currently have free, and making additional stuff available based on donations.

Dropbox shares could also work as well, but would rather have a repo, so it remains easy to install for everyone.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to myiCommunity For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (05-03-2012)

Thanks

ohhh boy Curryking chimes in!

This theme is destined to explode!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think any of those options would be suitable to your needs. There will always be pirating. There isn't any way around that. But wouldn't it have been cool if half of those 1000 had paid? And the jailbreak "community" is very young. You can tell just by reading pod2g's twitter feed. They are ranting at a man who is doing every last bit of this for free. If he charged $50 for the utility I would gladly pay it. It's a **** economy everywhere and people still need to eat, have shelter, and have a little fun. Keep us posted.