+ Reply
Page 2 of 104 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMatte v5 HD - The Apotheose [FREE]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
very nice
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Iphone ie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,146 Times in 665 Posts

very nice

My iPhone is a Part of Me Curryking's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,701 Times in 449 Posts

clear, crisp, clean AND free? It can't get any better than this! Excellent work there. I love it.

Just wondering where the name "iMatte" comes from... I guess not from the German word "Matte", since that's something similar like a mattress...

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Thanks to everyone that took the time to write a little something in this thread!

When I woke up this morning and saw all these comments, and few donations, it motivated me to finish the last piece of hard work I had to do on iMatte: the landscape calculator.

Since I did not use standard sized buttons, you can't just save the pressed keys as the original graphics are saved (with no space surrounding the graphics), it won't end up in the good place. So you pretty much need to position every pressed key by hand, or go with a glow instead of a pressed key. That way, you can use one graphic for all pressed keys.. but... it wouldn't have been the same

So took a good part of the day, but the result is very nice.

Oh, and if you didn't knew, I often purchase tweaks in order to support them with iMatte (and also support their devs as well), so I bought ColorBanner today, and made it's settings icon, as well as two themes for it. A lighter, and a dark one.

So, packaged everything together, uploading the final .deb to dropbox to have my testers try it out, and if all goes well with this one, release will come soon after.

Many thanks again for your kind comments and donations. I haven't had time to write each of you a thank you note by email, but will do so tonite. Sorry for the delay, I was explosive this morning, and wanted to finish out that last piece before you get your hands on this... (was going to do it in an update, but... it's done now! :P)

To answer CurryKing since the reply merged:

matte actually is more like a color attribute, or I dunno how to explain (i'm french :P)

But a matte surface have no gloss (or very little shine), like some old rubbery calculator we had in schools, or the side of a tire... paint of some modified cars...

The opposite of gloss
    Last edited by myiCommunity; 04-15-2012 at 05:18 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to myiCommunity For This Useful Post:

Curryking (04-15-2012), mrrobinson (04-16-2012), rubbercake (04-17-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,731 Times in 4,446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by myiCommunity View Post
    Thanks to everyone that took the time to write a little something in this thread!

When I woke up this morning and saw all these comments, and few donations, it motivated me to finish the last piece of hard work I had to do on iMatte: the landscape calculator.

Since I did not use standard sized buttons, you can't just save the pressed keys as the original graphics are saved (with no space surrounding the graphics), it won't end up in the good place. So you pretty much need to position every pressed key by hand, or go with a glow instead of a pressed key. That way, you can use one graphic for all pressed keys.. but... it wouldn't have been the same

So took a good part of the day, but the result is very nice.

Oh, and if you didn't knew, I often purchase tweaks in order to support them with iMatte (and also support their devs as well), so I bought ColorBanner today, and made it's settings icon, as well as two themes for it. A lighter, and a dark one.

So, packaged everything together, uploading the final .deb to dropbox to have my testers try it out, and if all goes well with this one, release will come soon after.

Many thanks again for your kind comments and donations. I haven't had time to write each of you a thank you note by email, but will do so tonite. Sorry for the delay, I was explosive this morning, and wanted to finish out that last piece before you get your hands on this... (was going to do it in an update, but... it's done now! :P)

matte actually is more like a color attribute, or I dunno how to explain (i'm french :P)

But a matte surface have no gloss (or very little shine), like some old rubbery calculator we had in schools, or the side of a tire... paint of some modified cars...

The opposite of gloss
    What's your PayPal email....I'm mostly mobile and can't open PayPal link

My iPhone is a Part of Me Curryking's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,701 Times in 449 Posts

[...]

The opposite of gloss
    Ahh, ok. than it's the same in German (without the "e") -> "matt". thanks for the explanation and of course for the time and effort you took to build this sweet theme. Can't wait to try it out!

Theme Creator
    Thanks

To rumcajs:

My Paypal email is iconseils {at} gmail {dot} com

8. The Following User Says Thank You to myiCommunity For This Useful Post:

rumcajs (04-15-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,731 Times in 4,446 Posts

To rumcajs:

My Paypal email is iconseils {at} gmail {dot} com
    awesome.....donated!!!...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It's been a while since I've been excited for a theme. This looks absolutely incredible, can't wait for it to release. And I'm also hopeful for an iMatte White in the future.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,323 Times in 410 Posts

Awesome work here love the matte dark UI !! check your PM ..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Very classy theme.

Great job on this

Thanks
    Thanked 7,183 Times in 1,503 Posts

Do not forget to rate this thread with a 5 stars

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zooropalg For This Useful Post:

Curryking (04-16-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

^^^ Where do we rate it?

wanna-be Themer/Modder jima6636's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,194 Times in 831 Posts

looking awesome bro

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,056 Times in 1,696 Posts

Can't wait to see this live.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic636 View Post
    ^^^ Where do we rate it?
    On the first page. Check just above the first post.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

rated 5 stars and i dont mind how its packaged

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Thanks guys!

Here is a little update!

I made good progress today, given the fact that I babysit my 9 months old son during week days

I made the digital clock, configurable for 12/24 display. (The script I had found on the web didnt had any config whatsoever) and I'm used to both clock, so I don't really mind, but Zooropalg (he's my main tester, many thanks again Zoo! ), and I believe, most French users, prefer 24h clocks... So he started to modify, and made it 24h, but couldn't find the AM/PM, so he used a little transparency trick on the graphics, and it worked.. but wasn't a good solution...

I finally found the part that displayed that graphic in the script and made it work with an ampm variable that is set in the configure script.

Fixed a good number of other little things... and I also purchased PowerCenter Pro (another tester thought he was having a problem with it, and it wasn't related to it, but sbsettings inside Notification Center) so I made a powercenter theme for iMatte! But I think a few people actually use this, so it will be worth the purchase.

Can't really say right now when release will happen. But it's getting closer, and it's gonna be before the week-end as well! (by the way, when I say a date, I always pad it up a little, so it hardly ever go beyond that date... and I'm not one to talk about a date early as well..)

The last deb I built still had conflicts problems, seems like I added up all of Zeppelin themes folder, resulting in all of the default theme being included in the deb (thanks @jpdidde13 for telling me that) conflicting with the zeppelin package.

I need to have this deb I just built now tested, and if it installs properly, I guess I could go "public test", meaning the .deb will be avail on my dropbox, and I would post the link here. It will be in one large deb.

If all goes well beyond this point, then I would break it down into couple packages (if I get some people saying they would prefer, otherwise, might just go with a single package, easier to create and maintain), and release to Cydia officially.

Thanks all for your support, I'm probably almost as eager about you trying it, than you are yourself

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to myiCommunity For This Useful Post:

Curryking (04-16-2012), metaserph (04-16-2012), rubbercake (04-17-2012), sickchris714 (04-16-2012), Zooropalg (04-16-2012)

Thanks

Bro, take your time. No rush. Be happy with your theme and a lot of people will like it as you do (and I do).
    See you 2morrow

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Zooropalg For This Useful Post:

metaserph (04-16-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,118 Times in 2,707 Posts

Really good work bro, look forward to it.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

omg man this is so saweeeet!!!!