Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 7 475556575859 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1349

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Metroon

  1. #1121
    Quote Originally Posted by an0nymu55 View Post
    That's becAuse the theme uses quite a bit of ram.
    Even if i turned off the live titles?

  2. #1122
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulblazt View Post
    Even if i turned off the live titles?
    Disabling live tiles helps.

  3. #1123
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Any word on when an update might be coming. I love this theme but had to stop using it due to how sluggish it would get and not being able to run other programs. I would really like to start using it again.

  4. #1124
    End havent given any ETA on when we can se an update, I also stoped using the theme thanks to bad performance.

  5. #1125
    iPhoneaholic TK4|2|1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from
    Posts
    368
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 80 Times in 66 Posts

    I stopped using this theme because I prefer os7 revive, More suited to iPhone, this would be better on iPad.

  6. #1126
    Livin the iPhone Life bcscustom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,111
    Thanks
    668
    Thanked 706 Times in 370 Posts

    On my little iPod Touch 4g, I really don't experience the sluggish performance you guys are having with your iPhones.

    On my device with just Metroon and SBsettings installed on iOS 5.1.1, I can get pretty good free ram compared to other themes I have run.

    Here's a pic of the free ram on my device, keep in mind us iPod users have half the ram of the iPhone to start with.

    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1339624011.906897.jpg

    I think 147 mb free is pretty good for this device compared to just breaking the 100mb I have had with other themes before.

    Some things you can do to get better performance is to limit other tweaks. If you running a bunch of tweaks, of course that's gonna slow you down when running Metroon. So don't just blame the theme for bad performance.

    The other thing that would help is to turn off Live Tiles when your not using them. Keep in mind that each Live Tile is like a little App, and the more your running, the more your multitasking your device. Do you really need to have Iive Tiles running in the background when you want to play a game or run a big app. If you turn them on/off you are in control of your devices memory. Coupled with a lot of tweaks running I can see where bad performance would come in.

    A lot of people don't like SBsettings, but I thing the best part is the ability to Free Ram. It sure does help before you play a game because it frees up resources the game can then use.

    So a little memory management can go along way with the performance of this or any theme.

    Hope this helps

  7. #1127
    iPhoneaholic Zombian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    457
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 171 Times in 120 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bcscustom View Post
    On my little iPod Touch 4g, I really don't experience the sluggish performance you guys are having with your iPhones.

    On my device with just Metroon and SBsettings installed on iOS 5.1.1, I can get pretty good free ram compared to other themes I have run.

    Here's a pic of the free ram on my device, keep in mind us iPod users have half the ram of the iPhone to start with.

    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1339624011.906897.jpg

    I think 147 mb free is pretty good for this device compared to just breaking the 100mb I have had with other themes before.

    Some things you can do to get better performance is to limit other tweaks. If you running a bunch of tweaks, of course that's gonna slow you down when running Metroon. So don't just blame the theme for bad performance.

    The other thing that would help is to turn off Live Tiles when your not using them. Keep in mind that each Live Tile is like a little App, and the more your running, the more your multitasking your device. Do you really need to have Iive Tiles running in the background when you want to play a game or run a big app. If you turn them on/off you are in control of your devices memory. Coupled with a lot of tweaks running I can see where bad performance would come in.

    A lot of people don't like SBsettings, but I thing the best part is the ability to Free Ram. It sure does help before you play a game because it frees up resources the game can then use.

    So a little memory management can go along way with the performance of this or any theme.

    Hope this helps
    +1

  8. #1128
    On my iPhone i have only installed, dreamboard and ifile. I uninstalled NCsettings to se if that helped. I have 2 themes, metroon and os7:rivive. And i dont use live tiles.

  9. #1129
    Livin the iPhone Life bcscustom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,111
    Thanks
    668
    Thanked 706 Times in 370 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulblazt View Post
    On my iPhone i have only installed, dreamboard and ifile. I uninstalled NCsettings to se if that helped. I have 2 themes, metroon and os7:rivive. And i dont use live tiles.
    Well that explains a little more When you leave OS7 or Metroon through dreamboard both themes will still be using resources because they are still running the dylib in the background.

    Use SBsettings or Springtomize and turn off the other dylib your not using. So if your running Metroon, turn off the OS7.dylib, and if your running OS7, turn off the Metroon.dylib.

    This way your not running 2 themes at once, even though only 1 is active in Dreamboard.

    Turn off both dylib's of you want to use default IOS.

    This should free up a lot more resources for you

    Remember to turn on the dylib's if you want to run OS7 or Metroon again or you will get a "plist not found" error when launching in Dreamboard.

    Hope this helps
    Last edited by bcscustom; 06-14-2012 at 04:27 AM.

  10. #1130
    Quote Originally Posted by bcscustom View Post
    Well that explains a little more When you leave OS7 or Metroon through dreamboard both themes will still be using resources because they are still running the dylib in the background.

    Use SBsettings or Springtomize and turn off the other dylib your not using. So if your running Metroon, turn off the OS7.dylib, and if your running OS7, turn off the Metroon.dylib.

    This way your not running 2 themes at once, even though only 1 is active in Dreamboard.

    Turn off both dylib's of you want to use default IOS.

    This should free up a lot more resources for you

    Hope this helps
    Thanks, for the info.
    I uninstaller OS7 and rebooted the phone, hope this will solve the performance issues.

  11. #1131
    Livin the iPhone Life bcscustom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,111
    Thanks
    668
    Thanked 706 Times in 370 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulblazt View Post
    Thanks, for the info.
    I uninstaller OS7 and rebooted the phone, hope this will solve the performance issues.
    It will

    OS7 used a lot more resources than Metroon, and if the dylib is still active while Metroon is running you will see resource issues

    Running Metroon by itself will allow the theme to free up the resources it uses because Endfinity uses a type of "dynamic memory management" with Metroon, so it will free up resources as you turn on/off tiles, etc...

  12. #1132
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    733
    Thanks
    297
    Thanked 233 Times in 162 Posts

    Hey End do you have an update on whats happening next are you working on an update for metroon or revive

  13. #1133
    Quote Originally Posted by bcscustom View Post
    It will

    OS7 used a lot more resources than Metroon, and if the dylib is still active while Metroon is running you will see resource issues

    Running Metroon by itself will allow the theme to free up the resources it uses because Endfinity uses a type of "dynamic memory management" with Metroon, so it will free up resources as you turn on/off tiles, etc...
    Thanks man !
    I knew the MobileSubstrates were selected but didn't turn them off when reverting to standard IOS or other DB themes. You saved my RAM
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

    The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

    bcscustom (06-14-2012)

  15. #1134
    Metro UI Enthusiast EndFinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Salzburg, Austria
    Posts
    969
    Thanks
    295
    Thanked 2,072 Times in 464 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkokolis View Post
    Hey End do you have an update on whats happening next are you working on an update for metroon or revive
    I currently have very little free time, so all I was able to get done is an update for Metroon to improve performance and battery life. I sent it out to my testers and I'm waiting for their feedback, but I'm hoping that I can release it as soon as possible

  16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to EndFinity For This Useful Post:

    Anonymous (06-14-2012), bcscustom (06-14-2012), fallenzx (06-14-2012), Jdot1224 (06-16-2012), Mkokolis (06-15-2012), nicer (06-17-2012), NogoNogo (06-15-2012), Runt (06-14-2012)

  17. #1135
    Quote Originally Posted by EndFinity View Post
    I currently have very little free time, so all I was able to get done is an update for Metroon to improve performance and battery life. I sent it out to my testers and I'm waiting for their feedback, but I'm hoping that I can release it as soon as possible
    Thank you for the work you put in this theme. I bought it for the awesome possibilities this DreamBoard theme offers and so as to test its RAM-friendliness. I have to say I'm really happy with it already. The update is going to bring it to a level I'd not have thought possible :-)
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

    The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

  18. #1136

  19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EndFinity For This Useful Post:

    Anonymous (06-16-2012), Jdot1224 (06-16-2012), kuanyu (06-16-2012), Mkokolis (06-16-2012), nicer (06-17-2012)

  20. #1137
    Livin the iPhone Life bcscustom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,111
    Thanks
    668
    Thanked 706 Times in 370 Posts

    Default BcsCustom's Current Setup with Desktop "Hub" Progress :)
    Here is a quick video showing all the Live HTML tiles I have posted for Metroon as well as a small preview of the Desktop "Hub" concept I am working on.

    Currently I only have the Hub titles enabled, but plan to add different backgrounds images or colors, and maybe HTML widgets like a Animated Xbox Avatar for the Games Hub and maybe RSS feeds for the People Hub and any other ideas people come up with.



    I am looking forward to any suggestions or ideas to help further the Desktop Hub concept

    Hopefully some of you Photoshop Gurus can make some "Hub" Background images that I can incorporate into this project to get that Metro or Custom Look

    640x960 should be the size if anyone is up to it

    Hint, Hint
    Last edited by bcscustom; 06-16-2012 at 08:50 PM.

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bcscustom For This Useful Post:

    Anonymous (06-16-2012), fallenzx (06-16-2012), Jdot1224 (06-16-2012)

  22. #1138
    Livin the iPhone Life Jdot1224's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FL/NYC
    Posts
    1,106
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 374 Times in 266 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bcscustom View Post
    Here is a quick video showing all the Live HTML tiles I have posted for Metroon as well as a small preview of the Desktop Hub concept I am working on.

    Currently I only have the Hub titles enabled, but plan to add different backgrounds images or colors, and maybe HTML widgets like a Animated Xbox Avatar for the Games Hub and maybe RSS feeds for the People Hub and any other Ideas people come up with.



    I am looking forward to any suggestions or ideas to help further the Desktop Hub concept
    That's sick! Look forward to the release of the hub.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Jdot1224 For This Useful Post:

    bcscustom (06-16-2012)

  24. #1139
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Daniel212's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    536
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 129 Times in 104 Posts

    Hey End, I'm experiencing crashes after trying to go back to default, never happen before the update, metroon works fine just going back crashes to safe mode, any clue?

  25. #1140
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel212 View Post
    Hey End, I'm experiencing crashes after trying to go back to default, never happen before the update, metroon works fine just going back crashes to safe mode, any clue?
    I find that activating the desktop (springboard) before switching themes removes the crashes. I have no idea why it happens though :P

Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 7 475556575859 67 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •