+ Reply
Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 1088

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Native Weather Widget

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
I have ported the Lockscreen and Springboard widgets to iPad. All credits to Subywrex and Durben also Max Pa1n for supplying the HD images You will need to download Belfry
...
  1. #201
    Theme Supporter TaJr12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,062
    Thanks
    3,899
    Thanked 2,671 Times in 796 Posts

    I have ported the Lockscreen and Springboard widgets to iPad. All credits to Subywrex and Durben also Max Pa1n for supplying the HD images You will need to download Belfry from cydia if you havnt got the stock weather app already.

    DOWNLOAD>>>>>>>>> Native LS FS Weather.zip[/QUOTE]

    Hey Gunny I sent you a PM.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TaJr12 For This Useful Post:

    cuzin (04-05-2012), It's Mi (04-05-2012), lostinthemes (04-05-2012), RKO1195 (04-05-2012)

  3. #202
    Livin the iPhone Life AWSUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,295
    Thanks
    1,863
    Thanked 904 Times in 443 Posts





    Credit to Suby, Durben n Schnedi for the widgets
    Credit to Wanton for Slider
    Rocking it with chocolate HD

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AWSUM For This Useful Post:

    ag92 (04-05-2012), It's Mi (04-05-2012), lostinthemes (04-06-2012), The_Durben (04-05-2012)

  5. #203
    MMI Motivator It's Mi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,901
    Thanks
    64,879
    Thanked 8,370 Times in 2,990 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post


    Circle weather pic icons
    Huhuz Big D

    This one is just so sweet, Derrick
    Great look from a great artist

    Mi

    Have a nice day and lots of fun with your iPhone !!

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to It's Mi For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (04-05-2012), RKO1195 (04-05-2012), The_Durben (04-05-2012)

  7. #204
    Theme Supporter TaJr12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,062
    Thanks
    3,899
    Thanked 2,671 Times in 796 Posts

    [QUOTE=Max_Pa1n;6471103]Heres my retina weather image folder just rename or overwrite the icon folder and replace it with this one...hope you dont mind DB you know I heart you and your work my brother but I heart full res images also lol dl isnt too big at 28mb and theres a bunch of alt images in there as well that I used in previous mods they just need to be renamedThanks for the work on this fellas!!



    Sent you a PM if you got a minute.

  8. #205
    The BatGirl MamaJaay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    @TheMamaJaay
    Posts
    5,143
    Thanks
    4,082
    Thanked 16,576 Times in 3,976 Posts

    My lock today. Thanks Durben and Subywrex. You guys are doing some great work.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

    It's Mi (04-07-2012), The_Durben (04-05-2012)

  10. #206
    The Mechanic The_Durben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    34,944
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

    Dual Icon Native Weather
    Thanks Pinoy for his HD weather pics. Mostly used his and a couple of Max's (thanks again MP) and a few of mine.



    Interactive Slideshow Native Weather (still gotta work on this one, not sure what I'm gonna do to style it better yet)


  11. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    ag92 (04-06-2012), AWSUM (04-06-2012), cuzin (04-05-2012), Darrenrooster (04-06-2012), elilab (04-09-2012), hemptation (04-05-2012), high dB (04-05-2012), Ian Nicoll (04-05-2012), It's Mi (04-07-2012), KraXik (04-06-2012), lostinthemes (04-06-2012), metaserph (04-05-2012), RKO1195 (04-05-2012), Schnedi (04-05-2012), TaJr12 (04-09-2012), trebor130657 (04-06-2012)

  12. #207
    Alliance hemptation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Madison,MS
    Posts
    3,154
    Thanks
    31,802
    Thanked 11,236 Times in 2,713 Posts

    super sickness right there DB. always knocking them out the park. now if you can just figure out how to get my phone to spit out hundred dollar bills. we will all be ok then, ha

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

    rasputin007 (04-06-2012), RKO1195 (04-05-2012), The_Durben (04-05-2012)

  14. #208
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,305
    Thanks
    2,436
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 548 Posts

    Now that we have all these options for widgets, what are your opinions on advantages/disadvantages between Native and GPS Widgets? I started out flowing this, but with the GPS already setup on my phone I guess I'm wondering what to go with and why? I like that the GPS updates the city without opening weather.app, is that still the case with Native Weather Widgets?

  15. #209
    widget modder RKO1195's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,219
    Thanks
    9,861
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 1,714 Posts

    What do y'all think about this? SS weather

    WidgetWeather ​Thread

  16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

    Darrenrooster (04-06-2012), elilab (04-09-2012), hemptation (04-06-2012), It's Mi (04-07-2012), lostinthemes (04-06-2012), Schnedi (04-05-2012), The_Durben (04-05-2012)

  17. #210
    Livin the iPhone Life Fattone66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,409
    Thanks
    4,255
    Thanked 5,958 Times in 2,657 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    What do y'all think about this? SS weather

    This is freaking hot bro can I have please?

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fattone66 For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (04-06-2012), RKO1195 (04-06-2012)

  19. #211
    desconocido
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,799
    Thanks
    2,850
    Thanked 24,329 Times in 2,382 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jjk454ss View Post
    Now that we have all these options for widgets, what are your opinions on advantages/disadvantages between Native and GPS Widgets? I started out flowing this, but with the GPS already setup on my phone I guess I'm wondering what to go with and why? I like that the GPS updates the city without opening weather.app, is that still the case with Native Weather Widgets?

    i like more GPS widget cause there's no need to have the app my Location always enabled.
    Native widget is not so native cause you need LibWeather and you'll have that mobile substrate extension always running in the background.

    But both widgets are unbelievable work and creator are just WOW!!
    that's why i modded a bit the code and make you can choose the Widget you wanna use in the Config.js. for the users who don't know it when the next update of the Native widget is available, i'll post the code... it's really sinple!!

  20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Schnedi For This Useful Post:

    AWSUM (04-06-2012), elilab (04-09-2012), Hammer007 (04-06-2012), It's Mi (04-07-2012), lostinthemes (04-06-2012), macinmac (04-18-2012), RKO1195 (04-06-2012), TaJr12 (04-09-2012), The_Durben (04-05-2012)

  21. #212
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,305
    Thanks
    2,436
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 548 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by schnedi View Post
    i like more GPS widget cause there's no need to have the app my Location always enabled.
    Native widget is not so native cause you need LibWeather and you'll have that mobile substrate extension always running in the background.

    But both widgets are unbelievable work and creator are just WOW!!
    that's why i modded a bit the code and make you can choose the Widget you wanna use in the Config.js. for the users who don't know it when the next update of the Native widget is available, i'll post the code... it's really sinple!!
    OK, makes sense. And I saw that you were able to setup the config,js for any type, choices are always good. Great work with this, I appreciate all the work you and the others have put into these widgets. Thanks

  22. #213
    widget modder RKO1195's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,219
    Thanks
    9,861
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 1,714 Posts

    Thanks Schnedi for your work in doing this!
    WidgetWeather ​Thread

  23. #214
    Livin the iPhone Life KraXik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    2,622
    Thanks
    2,668
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jjk454ss View Post
    Now that we have all these options for widgets, what are your opinions on advantages/disadvantages between Native and GPS Widgets? I started out flowing this, but with the GPS already setup on my phone I guess I'm wondering what to go with and why? I like that the GPS updates the city without opening weather.app, is that still the case with Native Weather Widgets?
    It's abit unfair to compare the two at this stage as Native weather is still at very early beta stage.

    GPS, at the moment, holds all the cards but then that's finished.

    It's like trying to compare a finished painting with a painting that has only just started.

    Wait till this is finished and optimised and then weigh up pros and cons.

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (04-06-2012), Ian Nicoll (04-06-2012), It's Mi (04-07-2012), lostinthemes (04-06-2012), The_Durben (04-06-2012)

  25. #215
    King Theme-aling subywrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,634
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

    Ok everyone.. just sent out beta 2 to the guys for tomorrow testing.. if reports are good i will be posting a link tomorrow..

    Main thank you to dacal for setting this up for easy customization with use of multi language, and animated weather.

    Most of the uniAW is all low res images.. well time to make them better :

    -updated all cloud images with my own HD created clouds using a cloud brush in photoshop
    -new realistic sun and sun ray
    -new realistic moon and moon ray (moon ray is additional stars pulsing in and out)
    -HD lightning bolts for thunderstorm weather
    -updated snowy weather to have falling snowflakes rather than small snow drops

    One of the coolest features (i think) about this updated animated weather is Dacal has kindly listened to my requests (yes more than one) and has made the way the timed background work with animation turned on.

    The way it has been is there is one day and one night image that is the backdrop and then each differnt weather condition will show the animation ontop of the backdrop.

    So whats new? We have created 3 differnt sets of night and day backdrops:

    1. is for fair/clear/partly clouds days. this will use a clear day and clear night backdrop
    2. is for mostly cloudy/rain/sleet/fog. This is a gloomy day and gloomy night backdrop
    3. is for snow, and simply put its just for the snow conditions one day snow and one night snow

    When you turn OFF animation you will get a standard static images weather widget (just like how it is in beta1). Ive also went ahead and updated all the images to HD images: Thank you to Max and Pinoy for supplying some of the images i used

    Dacal included in the config file:
    -language options (default english)
    -24hr clock (default 12 hr)
    -seconds toggle (default off)
    -animated weather (default on)


    Here is some videos of different weather conditions (just used a dummy plist and changed the condition code and night string so these videos are just on my desktop in safari browser, but will look the same on the phone):

    clearnight.m4v - YouTube
    cloudy day.m4v - YouTube
    snowday.m4v - YouTube
    thunderstorm.m4v - YouTube

  26. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

    ag92 (04-06-2012), BennyPR (04-09-2012), Best01 (04-06-2012), bod699 (04-06-2012), Champ Rollo (04-06-2012), cuzin (04-06-2012), Dacal (04-06-2012), Destan (04-06-2012), Dirtstep (04-06-2012), elilab (04-09-2012), hemptation (04-06-2012), It's Mi (04-07-2012), jc4108 (04-25-2012), King_O_Hill (04-07-2012), kruzzit (04-06-2012), lostinthemes (04-06-2012), macinmac (04-18-2012), metaserph (04-06-2012), nik1975 (04-06-2012), nnfdcane (04-06-2012), RKO1195 (04-06-2012), sickchris714 (04-06-2012), stratnik (04-06-2012), TaJr12 (04-09-2012), The_Durben (04-06-2012), trebor130657 (04-06-2012)

  27. #216
    Modder & Coder Ian Nicoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    From Scotland, live in Philippines, German company, work worldwide, currently in Sri Lanka.
    Posts
    4,821
    Thanks
    7,364
    Thanked 18,625 Times in 3,797 Posts

    @ Suby,

    Yes, you can use my UniAW for your widget, it's been free for all to use for years now, and although you haven't bothered, it is nice to be asked! But, when you release your widget please do not use the name UniAW anywhere.

    Ian.

    "If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

  28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

    ag92 (04-06-2012), Dacal (04-06-2012), Destan (04-06-2012), Dirtstep (04-06-2012), It's Mi (04-07-2012), KraXik (04-06-2012), metaserph (04-06-2012), RKO1195 (04-06-2012), TaJr12 (04-09-2012), The_Durben (04-06-2012)

  29. #217
    King Theme-aling subywrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,634
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    @ Suby,

    Yes, you can use my UniAW for your widget, it's been free for all to use for years now, and although you haven't to, it is nice to be asked! But, when you release your widget please do not use the name UniAW anywhere.

    Ian.
    This was passed down on me from dacal who from my understanding was apart of uniaw developement. I ha figured sense he supplied me with a working copy that was good.

    Sorry didn't mean to step on your toes

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

    metaserph (04-06-2012), The_Durben (04-06-2012)

  31. #218
    Modder & Coder Ian Nicoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    From Scotland, live in Philippines, German company, work worldwide, currently in Sri Lanka.
    Posts
    4,821
    Thanks
    7,364
    Thanked 18,625 Times in 3,797 Posts

    Dacal was (and still is) a part of the "new" UniAW, he got rid of iFrame which I used in earlier versions.

    The version he gave you is his own widget with static weather option, the UniAW doesn't have this.

    No problem, just don't use the name please. Cheers.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 04-06-2012 at 03:46 AM.

    "If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

    It's Mi (04-07-2012)

  33. #219
    Livin the iPhone Life nik1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    1,269
    Thanks
    2,833
    Thanked 920 Times in 564 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Ok everyone.. just sent out beta 2 to the guys for tomorrow testing.. if reports are good i will be posting a link tomorrow..

    Main thank you to dacal for setting this up for easy customization with use of multi language, and animated weather.

    Most of the uniAW is all low res images.. well time to make them better :

    -updated all cloud images with my own HD created clouds using a cloud brush in photoshop
    -new realistic sun and sun ray
    -new realistic moon and moon ray (moon ray is additional stars pulsing in and out)
    -HD lightning bolts for thunderstorm weather
    -updated snowy weather to have falling snowflakes rather than small snow drops

    One of the coolest features (i think) about this updated animated weather is Dacal has kindly listened to my requests (yes more than one) and has made the way the timed background work with animation turned on.

    The way it has been is there is one day and one night image that is the backdrop and then each differnt weather condition will show the animation ontop of the backdrop.

    So whats new? We have created 3 differnt sets of night and day backdrops:

    1. is for fair/clear/partly clouds days. this will use a clear day and clear night backdrop
    2. is for mostly cloudy/rain/sleet/fog. This is a gloomy day and gloomy night backdrop
    3. is for snow, and simply put its just for the snow conditions one day snow and one night snow

    When you turn OFF animation you will get a standard static images weather widget (just like how it is in beta1). Ive also went ahead and updated all the images to HD images: Thank you to Max and Pinoy for supplying some of the images i used

    Dacal included in the config file:
    -language options (default english)
    -24hr clock (default 12 hr)
    -seconds toggle (default off)
    -animated weather (default on)


    Here is some videos of different weather conditions (just used a dummy plist and changed the condition code and night string so these videos are just on my desktop in safari browser, but will look the same on the phone):

    clearnight.m4v - YouTube
    cloudy day.m4v - YouTube
    snowday.m4v - YouTube
    thunderstorm.m4v - YouTube
    Yeah man looks perfect,looking forward for the release!!!!!

  34. #220
    iPhoneaholic lostinthemes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    360
    Thanks
    4,756
    Thanked 238 Times in 133 Posts

    You both are the flashing stars of our themeing world, so we heart both of you...

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lostinthemes For This Useful Post:

    nik1975 (04-06-2012), RKO1195 (04-06-2012)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts