+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PhatBook Air CK

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
PhatBook Air CK A free Color Keyboard theme now available on Cydia Here is another Color Keyboard revival of the classic MacBook Air theme. I took this on as an
    Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

Default PhatBook Air CK
    PhatBook Air CK

A free Color Keyboard theme now available on Cydia

PhatBook Air CK-d-1.png PhatBook Air CK-d-2.png PhatBook Air CK-d-3.png

PhatBook Air CK-e-1.png PhatBook Air CK-e-2.png PhatBook Air CK-e-3.png

PhatBook Air CK-s-1.png PhatBook Air CK-s-2.png PhatBook Air CK-s-3.png

PhatBook Air CK-se-1.png PhatBook Air CK-se-2.png PhatBook Air CK-se-3.png

PhatBook Air CK-siri.png PhatBook Air CK-phonepad.png PhatBook Air CK-namephonepad.png

Here is another Color Keyboard revival of the classic MacBook Air theme. I took this on as an individual request to create an updated version, and after brilliant iOS 5 / 4s updating to Color Keyboard by Yoo Seung Kim, PhatBook Air CK turned into an experiment in achieving complete compatibility for all QWERTY users on iOS 5+. Using a total of 108 keyboard images, every possible layout is perfectly themed including all Default/Emoji/Siri setups, all NumberPads, and Siri Dictation.

Size Mismatch Error

If you happen to be getting the notorious "Size Mismatch Error" when installing via Cydia, unfortunately there is no explanation that I've been able to find as to why this totally random error affects some users and not others. I've received many support emails from users that this is happening to, and I've checked all of my own (as well as some other's) packages without ever seeing the error myself, even on packages that others report having this problem with.

So for now, the only solution is to manually "install" the theme (really just copy the files onto your device to the proper location). Here is a link to the MediaFire folder that contains the PhatBook Air packages I originally submitted to mmi:

MediaFire - PhatBook Air CK 1.2

The images and descriptions below will hopefully help if needed to choose the appropriate version, and at the end of this first post is a section called iDevice Root Directory Basics that includes instruction with images to help out (it's really easy ) if you're not as familiar with manually copying files and folders to your device.

The folders in these MediaFire zips (at least the ones that are available via Cydia) once unzipped, have a folder structure that mimics the directory path on your device to the location that the actual theme folder should go. This setup is how the Cydia installer knows where to put the files on your device, so only the actual theme's folder at the end of the contained directory path needs to be copied (the rest above it are already on your device if you have Color Keyboard installed).

So for instance, if you want to "install" the default, retina-Qwerty version "PhatBook Air CK [HD]", download "PhatBook Air CK [HD].zip".

Once unzipped, this is the included folder structure:

-PhatBook Air CK [HD]
    --Library
    ---ColorKeyboard
    ----Themes
    -----PhatBook Air CK [HD] <-- This is the theme folder you will copy onto your device

You will also need to download "PhatBook Air Pops [HD]" in addition to any of the [HD] themes, or "PhatBook Air Pops [SD]" along with any of the [SD] themes. These are the Popups, which would normally be automatically installed by Cydia as needed.

Their folder structures work the same way:

-PhatBook Air Pops [HD]
    --Library
    ---ColorKeyboard
    ----Popups
    -----PhatBook Air Pops [HD]

Check the end of this post if needed for more general instruction, and feel free to ask any questions here or via my email at [email protected] as well!

There are a few different versions to choose from depending on your device and keyboard setup:

PhatBook Air CK [SD]

This QWERTY version is for ALL Non-Retina devices on iOS 5+
    (Pre-4th Gen)

PhatBook Air CK [HD]

This QWERTY version is for ALL Retina devices on iOS 5+
    (iPT 4 / iPhone 4 / iPhone 4s)

PhatBook Air CK [SD] Azerty

This AZERTY version is for ALL Non-Retina devices on iOS 5+
    (Pre-4th Gen)

PhatBook Air CK [HD] Azerty

This AZERTY version is for ALL Retina devices on iOS 5+

PhatBook Air CK [SD] Qwertz

This QWERTZ version is for ALL Non-Retina devices on iOS 5+
    (Pre-4th Gen)

PhatBook Air CK [HD] Qwertz

This QWERTZ version is for ALL Retina devices on iOS 5+

PhatBook Air CK [HD] Euro

This QWERTY version has the Euro as the Primary Monetary Symbol, and is for ALL Retina devices on iOS 5+

Also available via Cydia:

PhatBook Red CK [HD]

Mods available via MediaFire:

These are Theme packages that for now can be downloaded using the provided links, and put in place on your device manually (the titles are the links).

If needed, the next section of this post contains directions for the less experienced in accessing the root directory of your iDevice and putting these folders in place.

PhatBook SW

PhatBook SW CK [HD]

...and here's a new set of SW Popups if desired:

PhatBook SW Pops [HD]

Simply PhatBooks

Special thanks to pnunez1310 for requesting, donating and contributing to the creation of these two mods intended for use with:

Simply Theme by Frenchitouch [WinterBoard]

PhatBook Brown CK [HD]

PhatBook Sky CK [HD]

For those specifically using the Simply Theme for WinterBoard:

You may need to backup/remove Popup images that were included in the Winterboard theme and will interfere with Color Keyboard Popups in general.

If the main theme that you arm in Winterboard is:

2-Theme Simply-Full-v1.1.theme

you will need to go through this procedure...

The images in question will be located in:

/Library/Themes/2-Theme Simply-Full-v1.1.theme/UIImages/

Here's what it looks like to browse there, and the images that need to be backed up/removed are selected:

Once these files are removed, Color Keyboard Popups will work normally.

There's also info below about root directory basics and a link to the program shown for browsing if needed.

iDevice Root Directory Basics

Hey, just in case for any who are less familiar with copying files to the Root directories of your device, here's a little explanation that will hopefully help:

The easiest way at this point for the less experienced seems to be iExplorer (PC) or iFunBox (Mac). Both are simple, free programs for your computer that will make browsing and copying files to your device a snap.

Begin by downloading the appropriate program via these links:

iExplorer - Formerly iPhone Explorer

iFunBox for Mac - App/File Manager, Browser, Explorer, Transfer Tool for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch

I use iExplorer as I have a PC, so the following description shows the simple process using iExplorer, but iFunBox for Mac will work the same way...

Once installed, iExplorer is very simple and user friendly. It can be opened with your device already plugged in, or you can plug your device in once it's open. Either way, it will show the hierarchy in the devices root directory, and allow you to browse to the proper locations and just drag and drop files where they are needed.

Here's what you will see when it first opens:

This is the contents of "/" (or the whole hierarchy).

"/" begins and is the symbol to separate "folders" in any explanations you may have seen in text format such as the location of the Color Keyboard folders:

/Library/ColorKeyboard/Plugins

/Library/ColorKeyboard/Popups

/Library/ColorKeyboard/Themes

Use the Left Pane to do your "browsing" to the necessary locations.

Here's what it looks like to browse to the Color Keyboard folders in iExplorer:

So to use the simple drag and drop functionality of iExplorer, for example browse to:

/Library/ColorKeyboard/Themes/

Now open a Windows Explorer / Mac Finder window and browse to the location of the CK themes you want to copy onto the device, and simply drag and drop them into the panel on the right in iExplorer where all of your other already installed CK themes are. (Obviously any files being copied must be unzipped before putting them in place on the device).

That's it!

The files are in place and ready to be armed in the Color Keyboard Settings app.

Do the same for Popups, Plugins, etc...

And just in case the location for Winterboard themes is:

/Library/Themes/

Special thanks to Yoo Seung Kim for continued excellence in maintaining Color Keyboard as the premiere method of iOS keyboard theming!

Special thanks as well to Jahooba for his invaluable guidance, inspiration and for generously offering his amazing talent to design an Incredi-Awesome avatar/package icon set for me.

Check out more of his amazing work here:

Neurotech [HD]

I also have a Color Keyboard Guide here on ModMyi and spend most of my time helping others with Color Keyboard theming. All themers, experienced or no, are welcome to visit for help of any kind in the wonderful world of Color Keyboard!

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

areske86 (04-15-2012), AWSUM (03-30-2012), chrisj91 (02-06-2013), CrAcKzZZ (04-07-2013), dReAdLoKdEmOn (03-30-2012), indyzzzz (06-25-2012), Iphone ie (04-05-2012), Jahooba (05-27-2012), KraXik (03-30-2012), lostinthemes (03-30-2012), nealh (03-29-2012), nojviad (09-17-2012), pnunez1310 (04-25-2012), Roockie (06-17-2013), scarflaire (03-29-2012), sickchris714 (03-30-2012), simer_cool (04-07-2012), Sk37cH (11-20-2012), stratnik (06-06-2012), TallCoolOne777 (04-05-2012), The 8th Immortal (12-25-2012), Trimo (03-31-2012), zausser (03-30-2012)

Thanks

WOW...Cant Wait!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AWSUM For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-30-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

I love this keyboard. Between this and the red version they pretty much work with every theme. The only keyboard I have been using ever since it was released.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-30-2012)

Thanks

That's so sick.
    Tennis is my life..
    And secondly, my passion for Apple devices..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pro1Pod For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-30-2012)

Thanks

Hey guys, thanks so much for the positive feedback! Greatly appreciated and I'm happy to be of service!

I had to hold the Non-Retina version back, but plan to submit it tonight for any in need...

It'll take just a bit of time, but I will complete and submit the Red version as well.

Thanks again, and Enjoy!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

KraXik (04-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 25,618 Times in 4,065 Posts

very cool. Gonna go grab it now! Thanks buddy!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to zausser For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-30-2012)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

KraXik (04-05-2012), stratnik (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,128 Times in 1,301 Posts

awesome mate. thanks heaps!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to nateD For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-30-2012)

Thanks

Love it man!!!! Loved it on my old phone, now on my 4s. What do you think about adding support for the Unicode keyboard? And maybe retina iPad support? (They'll jailbreak it eventually, and your keyboard is by far THE BEST!!!)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to rocketApe For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (04-03-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,735 Times in 2,395 Posts

Thanks again for your help Phat

20. The Following User Says Thank You to .:JimmyL:. For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (04-03-2012)

Thanks

Hey guys, I found out from YS Kim the day after releasing these, how I could combine the ~S~ and ~SE~ (mainly in the plist code and a bit of image renaming) to make 1 version that will work for ALL Retina devices on iOS 5+. Yay!!!

So the new version PhatBook Air CK [HD] is already on Cydia and should have at least shown as an update for users that had the ~SE~ version. I don't know if they were able to work it out so that ~S~ users would have been given the same update or not, so I figured I'd post the news real quick.

I also fixed a thing or two involving Text placement, so those who had the ~S~ version may want to remove it and download the [HD] version if it didn't show up in Cydia under "Changes" for them. Sorry about the confusing start, got some pertinent info just a day too late.

I will also be updating the Low-Res version the same way, and it will be called:

PhatBook Air CK [SD]

I hope to submit it later tonight...

@.:JimmyL:.

Absolutely, man! Any time.

@rocketApe

Hey, PictoKeyboard does work with Color Keyboard, but unfortunately only for themes that are either plist hex colors only, or ones that at least make use of iOS Text over Background images. Unfortunately, with this type of theme which uses images that have the Text on them, we're kind of stuck. This theme already uses absolutely every possible image that can be called out by the ColorKeyboard.plist in CK's current form. I suppose it may be possible in a future Color Keyboard update to somehow separate 2nd International Keyboards to call their own images, or use a different set of opaque iOS hex codes...

I already have a small laundry list of questions to pose to YS Kim that I need to figure out a way to ask without being overwhelming and/or sounding like a ridiculous nag. I'll pose that as well...

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I'd love to do some iPad theming! (even though I don't have one)
    Not sure where I will find the time, but I'll definitely look into it as I'm able!!

I'm kind of in a hurry, I'll update the first post as soon as possible to reflect the package changes!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

.:JimmyL:. (04-04-2012), KraXik (04-05-2012), stratnik (06-06-2012)

Thanks

Sorry for some bad news, but the new version is broken. *My keyboard still works, but no keys show on the screen. *Just a big blank gray space.
    I always thought the term "early adopter" (regarding tech) was a bit snooty. So, I'll go ahead and call myself an early adopter, cuz I'm feeling a bit snooty.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocketApe View Post
    Sorry for some bad news, but the new version is broken. *My keyboard still works, but no keys show on the screen. *Just a big blank gray space.
    Hey, It seems ok on my phone...

I suppose you might try uninstalling and re-installing? (assuming it's not possible that you have any plugins armed in the CK settings app...)

Let me know if you can't get it working!

Thanks!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

KraXik (04-05-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How do I make this theme work as the phone pad and voice recognition/memos like you have shown here?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfrye10 View Post
    How do I make this theme work as the phone pad and voice recognition/memos like you have shown here?
    Hey, just in case this helps explain what you're asking... CK themes can only skin NumberPads and Siri Dictiation that originate from the keyboard.

Beyond that, is the rest of the keyboard working and those things aren't?

Let me know, I definitely want to keep up on any bugs that might occur!

Thanks!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

KraXik (04-05-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah it works great for my keyboard but not on the number pad

Thanks

yeah it works great for my keyboard but not on the number pad
    Hey, can you let me know your device type and also an example of where you're seeing the Npad not skinning?

It seems like Color Keyboard is able to skin Npads that WB can't, but there are several that are vice-versa.

I can look into the image names to try and put together a mini WB Npad theme.

Thanks!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

KraXik (04-05-2012)

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

AWSUM (04-06-2012), KraXik (04-05-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have an iPhone 4, running iOS 5.1. Like I said, the keyboard for texts, emails, and Safari look awesome. But when I go to dial a number from the keypad, it is the stock iPhone skin. Thanks

Thanks

I have an iPhone 4, running iOS 5.1. Like I said, the keyboard for texts, emails, and Safari look awesome. But when I go to dial a number from the keypad, it is the stock iPhone skin. Thanks

Right on, I know for sure that WB is needed for the Dialer in the Phone.app and there are others as well. It's been a while and I'd need to look into what's changed with iOS 5, but I will try to put together a Winterboard Npad theme.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast