+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PhatBook Air CK

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by TokeDaddySlim2o9 Yeah man thats perfect! exactly how i described lol the sample pictures look really clear, is that the hd version? And yeah no problem bro, you
    Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TokeDaddySlim2o9 View Post
    Yeah man thats perfect! exactly how i described lol the sample pictures look really clear, is that the hd version?

And yeah no problem bro, you make some quality stuff im surprised you dont even charge for the download

Nice! Good eyes, yes those shots were retina sized, and I'm actually curious about something along those lines...

Non-Retina devices are able to display the HD images as long as "@2x" is not in the file name. Retina devices will display the images either way.

So, I'm wondering if it's at all possible that a non-retina device scaling down retina images would look better than pre-scaled down copies of those images.

I'm linking a copy of the [CAPS] version using this method to start out. All Retina images, without the @2x in the file names. Would you mind trying this out and letting me know if by some stroke of luck it seems to look better for you? Also, I'm sure it's at least possible that there could be a performance issue on an older device doing this, but really the difference in actual file size between a Retina and Non-Retina image for this theme is measurable in kilobytes, so hard to say...

The only upsides are one version working for both screen types, and the possibility of it looking better for non-Retina. Let me know what you think. I can easily (and absolutely will if needed) make a separate SD version, pre-scaled.

Thanks!!

PhatBook Air CK [CAPS].zip

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

pnunez1310 (07-31-2012), ReBourne (07-10-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Threw it on my phone earlier and it works pretty good, noticeable lag when the keyboard slides up and while typing compared to the SD version. I'm on an 5.1.1 3gs btw. But image quality wise its hard to say so i just took a couple screen shots

CAPS Version http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...l/IMG_3342.png

SD Version http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...l/IMG_8316.png

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TokeDaddySlim2o9 For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (07-12-2012)

Thanks

Threw it on my phone earlier and it works pretty good, noticeable lag when the keyboard slides up and while typing compared to the SD version. I'm on an 5.1.1 3gs btw. But image quality wise its hard to say so i just took a couple screen shots

CAPS Version http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...l/IMG_3342.png

SD Version http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...l/IMG_8316.png

Hey, apologies that I only succeeded in prolonging getting you what you really need...

As soon as I saw the word lag, I decided I would need to make an [SD] version, so I did without even looking at your screens. Below is an [SD] version, but I also just finally did look at your screens and noticed the [SD] shot was a QWERTZ version. Is that what you need?

What I had made was QWERTY. Just let me know... I would need to do it over again in my QWERTZ PSDs, but if that's what you need it's no problem!

PhatBook Air CK CAPS [SD].zip

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No worries man, its all good just glad i could help.
    Actually i didnt even know i had the QWERTZ version lol but yeah id prefer QWERTY anyways hahah
    But thanks again man! it works great.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TokeDaddySlim2o9 For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (07-28-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 838 Posts

Threw it on my phone earlier and it works pretty good, noticeable lag when the keyboard slides up and while typing compared to the SD version. I'm on an 5.1.1 3gs btw.
    The lag is from the keyboard loading into memory. On older devices this could take a second or two, I've noticed. However, once it's loaded into RAM it should appear instantly the next time you need it

This is true every time you respring, or when you summon a new keyboard image, like when you go from one kb mode to the next

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (07-16-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey Phatmartino,

Thanks for getting back to me so fast via e-mail. I think I barely got my dinner eaten and you had already replied. As for the Emoji issue I figured it out when I read the full board to see that you posted about it already. I will keep my eye out for a theme with Emoji skinning, if that was possible I will have complete control over my phone well 85% controll.... lol...

Thanks again man and thanks for such a great thread!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mlf1210 For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (07-28-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hello , j'ai un soucis avec phatbook air CK HD azerty , j'ai installer color keyboard , et ensuite phatbook air CK HD azerty et il me l'installe pas il me met size mismatch . tu serais pourquoi ? et comment je pourrais l'intaller ? merci d'avance

Hello , j'ai un soucis avec l'appli ^^ j'ai intaller color keyboard , ensuite je lance l'installation de Phatbook air CK HD azerty et il s'arrete et me met Size mismatch . serais tu pourquoi ? et comment puis-je l'installer ? . merci d'avance
    Last edited by zeldium; 07-28-2012 at 05:14 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to zeldium For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (07-28-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeldium View Post
    Hello , j'ai un soucis avec phatbook air CK HD azerty , j'ai installer color keyboard , et ensuite phatbook air CK HD azerty et il me l'installe pas il me met size mismatch . tu serais pourquoi ? et comment je pourrais l'intaller ? merci d'avance

Hello , j'ai un soucis avec l'appli ^^ j'ai intaller color keyboard , ensuite je lance l'installation de Phatbook air CK HD azerty et il s'arrete et me met Size mismatch . serais tu pourquoi ? et comment puis-je l'installer ? . merci d'avance

Bonjour, J'utilise traducteur, donc je suis désolé si cela est difficile à lire ...

On m'a demandé ce à quelques reprises récemment, et je ne peux pas confirmer ce que le problème est. J'ai juste essayé d'installer PhatBook Air CK [HD] AZERTY à partir de Cydia moi sans aucun problème.

En outre, si possible faire en sorte que la version de Color Keyboard que vous avez installé est de la repo BigBoss, et que l'air est PhatBook du repo ModMyi.

Si les deux sont ce que vous utilisé, permettez-moi de savoir quelle version iOS votre appareil est allumé si vous voulez ...

Heureux de vous aider si je le peux!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey, When I try to download the PhatBook Air CK [HD] with my iPhone 4s running iOS 5.1.1 it says, "Size mismatch". Can I fix this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iDiamond. View Post
    Hey, When I try to download the PhatBook Air CK [HD] with my iPhone 4s running iOS 5.1.1 it says, "Size mismatch". Can I fix this?

Hey, sorry it took so long to get around to responding... I'm pretty puzzled by the Size Mismatch error. It seems totally random as to who is affected by it.

For the time being, here's a couple links to the PhatBook Air CK [HD] and Popup [HD] folders. There's a bit of info at the end of the first post about moving files to your device manually if needed, and your welcome to ask any questions at all!!

I'll try to get on adding links like this to evertything in the first post, as this seems like a semi-rampant problem...

PhatBook Air CK [HD].zip

PhatBook Air Pops [HD].zip

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

.:JimmyL:. (11-20-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyway what about iPad?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Phatmartino.
    I like your Phatbook Air HD theme so much, and decide to use it with ikeyWi: ModMyi.com | iKeywi
    But it seems that our theme is a little bit not compatible with ikeyWi, because ikeyWi's keyboard has 5 lines. Could you please make another extra version for those who want to use both Phatbook Air HD theme and ikeyWi? Thank you in advance Wish you well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nojviad View Post
    Hi Phatmartino.
    I like your Phatbook Air HD theme so much, and decide to use it with ikeyWi: ModMyi.com | iKeywi
    But it seems that our theme is a little bit not compatible with ikeyWi, because ikeyWi's keyboard has 5 lines. Could you please make another extra version for those who want to use both Phatbook Air HD theme and ikeyWi? Thank you in advance Wish you well.
    Hey, I know exactly what you mean.

It would take a fair amount of work to setup the images with 5 rows, but it's totally do-able.

The only foreseeable problem being that with all Text being included on the Background images like this theme uses, iKeywi won't work quite the same way as far as the "programmable" top row Symbols.

I could make the top row with Numbers, and/or I suppose if you use a custom set of Symbols that you aren't going to change, I could make that...

I'm always literally drowning in request and support projects, so I can't say I'd be able to get it done right away, but let me know how you setup with iKeywi, and I can try to start looking into it as I'm able!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

.:JimmyL:. (11-20-2012), nojviad (09-17-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmartino View Post
    Hey, I know exactly what you mean.

It would take a fair amount of work to setup the images with 5 rows, but it's totally do-able.

The only foreseeable problem being that with all Text being included on the Background images like this theme uses, iKeywi won't work quite the same way as far as the "programmable" top row Symbols.

I could make the top row with Numbers, and/or I suppose if you use a custom set of Symbols that you aren't going to change, I could make that...

I'm always literally drowning in request and support projects, so I can't say I'd be able to get it done right away, but let me know how you setup with iKeywi, and I can try to start looking into it as I'm able!
    Hi ya.
    I'm using iKeywi with its default setup, the PhatBook Air CK HD [CAPS] theme and SwipeSelection I hope this help you to help me J/k.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to nojviad For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (11-19-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Phatmartino, can I ask what font you use for this keyboard? I want mine to match the keyboard thanks

25. The Following User Says Thank You to FrenzyBanana For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (11-19-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FrenzyBanana View Post
    Hi Phatmartino, can I ask what font you use for this keyboard? I want mine to match the keyboard thanks

Hey!

Absolutely, the font in Photoshop used on the images is Century Gothic...

Unfortunately, there is no "official" Century Gothic BytaFont (at least not the last time I checked), nor have I ever looked through everything that's available via Bytafont to know if there's anything close, but...

A while back, I found an unofficial "BytaFont" that was made available here on mmi for manual install that is Century Gothic (though it had a different name), and I renamed my copy and tried it out. It's not totally up-to-date, complete with all obscure Symbols and such, but the letters and most Symbols are perfect!

I'll link it here so you can try it out and see if it would suffice:

PhatBook-CGfont.zip

If you download this file and unzip it, it will be a folder called "Century Gothic.font".

Assuming you already have BytaFont installed, you can manually copy this folder to:

/var/mobile/Library/MyFonts/

and then it will appear in BytaFont for you to arm normally.

I might recommend, if you have any other BytaFont currently armed, that you first arm "BytaFont Backup", then after the Respring, go back into BytaFont and arm Century Gothic.

You may already know that if a BytaFont isn't totally complete (comparatively, few are) it leaves the last font used, armed at the same time to fill in anything that's missing. The native iOS font is pretty close to Century Gothic as far as Symbols, so it's probably best to have it armed along with this one compared to anything else.

Let me know how it works, if it works, or if you have any problems or questions!

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

.:JimmyL:. (11-20-2012), Fontme (12-14-2012), henftling (11-19-2012), nojviad (11-20-2012), ReBourne (11-19-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmartino View Post
    Hey!

Absolutely, the font in Photoshop used on the images is Century Gothic...

Unfortunately, there is no "official" Century Gothic BytaFont (at least not the last time I checked), nor have I ever looked through everything that's available via Bytafont to know if there's anything close, but...

A while back, I found an unofficial "BytaFont" that was made available here on mmi for manual install that is Century Gothic (though it had a different name), and I renamed my copy and tried it out. It's not totally up-to-date, complete with all obscure Symbols and such, but the letters and most Symbols are perfect!

I'll link it here so you can try it out and see if it would suffice:

PhatBook-CGfont.zip

If you download this file and unzip it, it will be a folder called "Century Gothic.font".

Assuming you already have BytaFont installed, you can manually copy this folder to:

/var/mobile/Library/MyFonts/

and then it will appear in BytaFont for you to arm normally.

I might recommend, if you have any other BytaFont currently armed, that you first arm "BytaFont Backup", then after the Respring, go back into BytaFont and arm Century Gothic.

You may already know that if a BytaFont isn't totally complete (comparatively, few are) it leaves the last font used, armed at the same time to fill in anything that's missing. The native iOS font is pretty close to Century Gothic as far as Symbols, so it's probably best to have it armed along with this one compared to anything else.

Let me know how it works, if it works, or if you have any problems or questions!

Hi thanks for the quick reply! It absolutely works! The instructions were easy to follow too now it's totally awesome! Thank you very much!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to FrenzyBanana For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (12-10-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 5 Row CK request?
    Phatmartino,

I'm a big fan of these Phatbook Air Keyboards! They look great! My favourite has to be the PhatBook SW CK [HD], fits in with my theme well.

However, I also really like the functionality of iKeyWi which adds another row to the keyboard so that you can have numbers across the top.

I'm not sure if this is a really big job or not, but would it be possible to create a Phatbook Air CK that works with iKeyWi so that you get the functionality still but with a keyboard that looks slick as f***?

Regards,

Chris

31. The Following User Says Thank You to chrisj91 For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (12-13-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisj91 View Post
    Phatmartino,

I'm a big fan of these Phatbook Air Keyboards! They look great! My favourite has to be the PhatBook SW CK [HD], fits in with my theme well.

However, I also really like the functionality of iKeyWi which adds another row to the keyboard so that you can have numbers across the top.

I'm not sure if this is a really big job or not, but would it be possible to create a Phatbook Air CK that works with iKeyWi so that you get the functionality still but with a keyboard that looks slick as f***?

Regards,

Chris
    Hey, thanks for the kind words! Glad you dig.

Yeah, I'm familiar with iKeywi and have been asked about it a couple times before... I even agreed to try and get around to it already for the original PhatBook, though there really is an obscene amount of work involved between 4 layers per key across 32 new bg images that need to be remade from scratch, effects that need to be reconfigured for the smaller sizes, etc...

I'm entirely about creating as broad of compatibility as possible... hence the Azerty, Qwertz, UK, Euro, Euro2, etc...

I'm actually knee deep in construction of a Hebrew set of my WP7CK themes (which I had foolishly made 56 color variations of originally), just because an Israeli chap asked me nicely... Lol

Anyway, as soon as I'm done with that, I'll really try to spend some time tossing all those little rounded rectangles around to try and get set up for some iKeywi PhatBook action. I'm not sure how well it will all fit in there, especially the extra bg stuff in the SW version (which is my fav as well), but I'll give it a shot as expediently as I can.

Thanks again!

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

chrisj91 (02-06-2013), nojviad (12-13-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,176 Times in 1,101 Posts

you are an unbelievable hard working guy...I thank you that you help all of us so much.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to henftling For This Useful Post:

cukhiem (05-28-2013), Fontme (12-14-2012), Phatmartino (12-14-2012)