Page 548 of 574 FirstFirst ... 48 448 498 538546547548549550 558 ... LastLast
Results 10,941 to 10,960 of 11467

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: the "new" z|ui - ui alternative | sometimes less is more FREE

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,213 Times in 6,604 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sgfrisbee View Post
    I also tried this and it still crashes. I would like to know does the app create the folder or as you
    stated above I need to create it.
    The folder should already be there. It does not create it, so you will need to do it exactly as I have laid it out for you. Please start again and follow the directions exactly!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    The folder should already be there. It does not create it, so you will need to do it exactly as I have laid it out for you. Please start again and follow the directions exactly!
    Than something is wrong, I do not have a Documents folder in var/mobile/ but i will gave it a try
    and create the folder.
    iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1 and m17x-R2

Thanks

Than something is wrong, I do not have a Documents folder in var/mobile/ but i will gave it a try
    and create the folder.
    Make sure that you set the permissions as stated in my instructions!
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (08-14-2012)

Make sure that you set the permissions as stated in my instructions!

I created the documents folder and set the permissions and now the app works. Why did I not have the
    Documents folder? Did I have a bad FW 5.1.1 and jailbreak install.
    iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1 and m17x-R2

Thanks

I created the documents folder and set the permissions and now the app works. Why did I not have the
    Not sure, I have had others that didn't have it either. I wouldn't worry about it.

Glad you got it working!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

elilab (08-23-2012), EricB78 (08-15-2012), sgfrisbee (08-14-2012)

Default New thread for Noobs who want to learn modding
    Though I'm certainly no expert by any means - I have traveled the journey of a rank noob (new person) to an apprentice modder in a few months now. Often times our veteran modders and inundated by the same modding questions again and again. I've started a thread for the basics. There are probably others already - but each new person gives it a new spin. My goal with the new thread is to be very straightfoward and not talk techy (too technical) at all. For those whose first language is not English - I will try and stay away from 'vernacular' English too.

This may or may not help some of you. Give it a try. Daily new stuff will be added as I learn more.

Credits for what I know go 100% to veteran modders here who've spent a lot of time helping me.

Special thanks to:
    The_Durben, MamaJaay, BlueMetal, Bombmom, EricB78, MaxPa1n and Pinoy
    ---without whose help any info in the new thread I'm starting would be pure gibberish.

Honorable Mention:
    Gunny, King_of_Hill, Schnedi, Theme3This. Metaserph

Thread is called:
    So you want to Mod your iPhone/iPad? The basics, revisited - for noobs
    New thread here

Creating the Documents folder in /var/mobile/ is NOT a part of the original MyLocation installation process. So many people who give the instructions to make MyLocation work with 5.1.1 leave out this essential step in their written instructions. It had nothing to do with your install of 5.1.1.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (08-16-2012), metaserph (08-17-2012)

Livin the iPhone Life Darrenrooster's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 572 Posts

Anybody know if a preview maker icon was done?

Rocking this today

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luiscastro23 For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (08-15-2012), elilab (08-23-2012), It's Mi (08-16-2012), Nsomnia34 (08-15-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Creating the Documents folder in /var/mobile/ is NOT a part of the original MyLocation installation process. So many people who give the instructions to make MyLocation work with 5.1.1 leave out this essential step in their written instructions. It had nothing to do with your install of 5.1.1.
    Don't take this wrong, but if you went back a page and read my instructions, it said to follow them exactly and that if you didn't have the documents folder, then you must create it. I appreciate the back up here, but it was covered. Please no I'll intent here, jus sayin!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

elilab (08-23-2012), EricB78 (08-15-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luiscastro23 View Post

Rocking this today
    How do you get the shadow around the icons?

Me gusta tú "widget" simple y sencillo.
    Excelente trabajo.

Quote Originally Posted by Luiscastro23 View Post

Rocking this today

MJSMASH v2.0
    -choice of:
    Timed Walls (hourly)
    Static Weather images
    User Wallpaper (must have wallpaper jpegifier.)
    -animated weather (can be turned off for a "lite" version.
    -Cube Mod with weather info
    -Touch Function on LockScreen (will not work with LockInfo)
    -Now fully translated in English or French. (Thanks, Dacal)
    -WordClock

Many of the biggest names in weather widgets had their input on this, to make sure that it runs properly, so thank them when you see them. Contributors--Bombmom, Dacal, ChevyMuscleCar, MaxPa1n, The Durben, Schnedi, and the whole iOSAlliance Team.

If you'd like to show your thanks to them for this, feel free to donate to the iOSAlliance PayPal:

[email protected]
    ALL proceeds will be given to the coders that have been working around the clock to make my vision a reality.
    (completely optional, but highly appreciated)

Changes in Setup/Config.js

**to change the color, go into the CSS and search "ff33cc" and change it to whatever color you like**^

Enjoy it!

http://bit.ly/MzxErW

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

elilab (08-23-2012), EricB78 (08-16-2012), It's Mi (08-16-2012), King_O_Hill (08-17-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by BennyPR View Post
    Me gusta tú "widget" simple y sencillo.
    Excelente trabajo.
    Gracias

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Luiscastro23 For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (08-16-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,137 Times in 859 Posts

the following walls im posting only work good for a lockscreen wallpaper, i use clockhide as well so i can see the full image...i guess its pointless to be putting all my work on twitter when i hardly have any followers... follow me on twitter @_zro

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

JESUS CHRIST is my LORD & Savior...Trust In GOD

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to zro For This Useful Post:

Dexy88 (08-21-2012), elilab (08-23-2012), EricB78 (08-16-2012), It's Mi (08-17-2012), King_O_Hill (08-17-2012), metaserph (08-17-2012), nicoand (08-17-2012), RKO1195 (08-17-2012), sickchris714 (08-16-2012), sigit (08-16-2012)

Don't take this wrong, but if you went back a page and read my instructions, it said to follow them exactly and that if you didn't have the documents folder, then you must create it. I appreciate the back up here, but it was covered. Please no I'll intent here, jus sayin!
    You did great, KOH! No worries. I was simply lamenting the fact that adding the Documents folder isn't an "if" step. It HAS to be added by 'everyone' since its not part of the install process by Bushel. Curry's repo install would add it - but most people don't know about that and Curry's repo is down now. The only instruction steps that include all the steps were MamaJaay's that she created. I was just reiterating that all of us that explain the steps to getting MyLocation working in 5.1.1 will need to mention the creating of the Documents folder and setting its permissions. Most don't. You did! :-) I was just trying to raise awareness for others wanting to help. The most mis-explained thing (not by you, KOH, you nailed it!), in our great community, is the update to MyLocation - jes' sayin'.. ;-)
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

No problem, all is good bro.

Just as an FYI, the documents folder does get created with some other apps installation.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (08-16-2012)

Just as an FYI, the documents folder does get created with some other apps installation.
    Agreed. But people are rarely given links to that installer - hence all the people with troubles here on the forum. Have a great night, KOH!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Quote Originally Posted by zro View Post
    the following walls im posting only work good for a lockscreen wallpaper, i use clockhide as well so i can see the full image...i guess its pointless to be putting all my work on twitter when i hardly have any followers... follow me on twitter @_zro

Yea man quit posting on twitter and get back in the forums. Miss you and your amazing walls

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Them3this For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (08-17-2012), It's Mi (08-17-2012), King_O_Hill (08-17-2012), M3RC_enary (08-17-2012), RKO1195 (08-17-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Though I'm certainly no expert by any means - I have traveled the journey of a rank noob (new person) to an apprentice modder in a few months now. Often times our veteran modders and inundated by the same modding questions again and again. I've started a thread for the basics. There are probably others already - but each new person gives it a new spin. My goal with the new thread is to be very straightfoward and not talk techy (too technical) at all. For those whose first language is not English - I will try and stay away from 'vernacular' English too.

This may or may not help some of you. Give it a try. Daily new stuff will be added as I learn more.

Credits for what I know go 100% to veteran modders here who've spent a lot of time helping me.

Special thanks to:
    The_Durben, MamaJaay, BlueMetal, Bombmom, EricB78, MaxPa1n and Pinoy
    ---without whose help any info in the new thread I'm starting would be pure gibberish.

Honorable Mention:
    Gunny, King_of_Hill, Schnedi, Theme3This. Metaserph

Thread is called:
    So you want to Mod your iPhone/iPad? The basics, revisited - for noobs
    New thread here
    Bro, so happy to see you contributing to this community this way. It's what makes it the great community it is. Overcoming the many languages and personalities here bring us all together in a beautiful way. A lot of kudos to you for your efforts, very proud of you.

On another note, simple, clean mod. TEK Ani GPS LS, credits to Schnedi for the widget, all credits included.

Download: TEK Ani GPS LS
    Last edited by metaserph; 08-17-2012 at 05:47 AM.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to metaserph For This Useful Post:

DrAgNbOi (08-19-2012), elilab (08-23-2012), EricB78 (08-17-2012), It's Mi (08-17-2012), King_O_Hill (08-17-2012), M3RC_enary (08-17-2012)

Agreed. As long as you have ifile, and have downloaded anything EVER from safari. Then you will have a documents folder

32. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-17-2012)

Page 548 of 574 FirstFirst ... 48 448 498 538546547548549550 558 ... LastLast