Page 500 of 574 FirstFirst ... 400 450 490498499500501502 510 550 ... LastLast
Results 9,981 to 10,000 of 11467

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: the "new" z|ui - ui alternative | sometimes less is more FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    You'll need the page 1 theme installed too. By placing this above it in Winterboard, you will ensure these icons are displayed. Think of Winterboard like Legos. You start with the base and build up. If two themes have the same elements, the one on top will be displayed. If a lower theme has elements an upper theme does not contain, those will be shown instead.
    Make sense?
    Oh ok thanks, so the one on first page will be used for ui customing basically ?

Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkangoo View Post
    Oh ok thanks, so the one on first page will be used for ui customing basically ?
    That's exactly right. Sliders, knobs, UI elements will be ZUI but the icons will be covered by the frameless theme. Now, of course, not every icon is in the frameless theme so you will have to go about changing those to your liking, but yes, you have it now.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

elilab (07-02-2012), EricB78 (06-29-2012), King_O_Hill (06-29-2012)

If you want to, you can use Iconharvester for the apps that don't theme after you have everything setup in Winterboard.

You'll need the page 1 theme installed too. By placing this above it in Winterboard, you will ensure these icons are displayed. Think of Winterboard like Legos. You start with the base and build up. If two themes have the same elements, the one on top will be displayed. If a lower theme has elements an upper theme does not contain, those will be shown instead.
    Make sense?
    Legos was an excellent analogy. Thanks!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shad0wM0nk3y For This Useful Post:

Chaotic Buddhist (06-29-2012)

That's exactly right. Sliders, knobs, UI elements will be ZUI but the icons will be covered by the frameless theme. Now, of course, not every icon is in the frameless theme so you will have to go about changing those to your liking, but yes, you have it now.
    Thank you. And while you are here. I was wondering where to find and how to apply those nice status bars so people have shown earlier.
    Do you know about that ?

Thanks

Thank you. And while you'r here. i was wondering where to fin and how to apply the nice status bars so people have shown earlier.
    Do you know about that ?
    Most of those are also .theme files, so the same rule would apply. Install, select in Winterboard and have it above ZUI so you get the status bar and icons you want.

You can find some in Cydia, some here, some on DeviantArt.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

elilab (07-02-2012), King_O_Hill (06-29-2012)

Yep but i cant seem to find them, for example this one -jqjehf.png

Thanks

I'm about 99% certain that is a ZUI status bar. That doesn't display for you?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-29-2012)

Can someone help me to install this theme on my 4s ?

I'm about 99% certain that is a ZUI status bar. That doesn't display for you?
    Not the least :/

Thanks

Not the least :/
    I hate to say it, but I do not have ZUI installed at the moment so I'll have to rely on someone else in the group to help you out for now.
    If nobody can, I'll give you a hand tonight when I get off work.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-29-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by rubengoncalves View Post
    Can someone help me to install this theme on my 4s ?
    You can do it 2 ways:
    1. Install UserAgent faker from Cydia. Open settings and go down to UA Faker and turn the option for safari to on. Then go to the first page of this thread through Safari and click on the download link. Once it's finished, if you have ifile installed, it should give you an option to open in ifile. Click, Unarchiver. It installs the files into var/mobile/Documents, so you may have to move them to var/stash/Themes.
    2. Download the theme to your comp. Install iFunbox on to your comp. Connect your phone. Open iFunbox and navigate to Raw file system/var/stash/Themes and drop the folder that you downloaded, after unzipping, into the theme folder. Then you should be done.

I hope all of that is clear

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

elilab (07-02-2012), King_O_Hill (06-29-2012)

I hate to say it, but I do not have ZUI installed at the moment so I'll have to rely on someone else in the group to help you out for now.
    If nobody can, I'll give you a hand tonight when I get off work.
    Ok np, i ll try to look for it in the bundles and folders. Thank you anyway

If you're asking about the RAM usage display, that's an option in Springtomize. If that's not what you're asking, could you post a screenshot so I can see what you have?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-29-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by EricB78 View Post
    PSD's are PhotoShop files that are used to create app icons and loading screens and such. They have layers of different parts of the image to make it easier to create icons in the same style over and over again. Other than being used to make things it PS, you don't need them for the theme. Well, not on your phone anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad0wM0nk3y View Post
    sometimes you may not see a loading screen because the app is still open in the background. Just hit the home button twice and it will show you the ones that are open.

edit: Eric beat me to it..
    PSD's are Photoshop files that help you make your own icons, wallpapers, loading screens etc. Kind of like you can open a doc file in word and edit it, PSDs are files that can be edited in Photoshop. Hope that helps.
    Thanks for the education, both of you. AND YES.. The open apps in RAM -- would indeed explain why it seems there like some apps open instantly. What's been weird with ZUI is that is seems EVERY time I go into certain apps - whether or not their in RAM - they launch the artwork and there's a 2 second wait. My concern is that in the writing of the theme - it's introduced a 'wait time' 'MORE' than a stock phone would. Is that possible? I just 'notice' the wait more jailbroken and ESPECIALLY in ZUI.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (06-29-2012)

Most status bar images are in the UIImages folder.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

Chaotic Buddhist (06-29-2012), King_O_Hill (06-29-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by EricB78 View Post
    You can do it 2 ways:
    1. Install UserAgent faker from Cydia. Open settings and go down to UA Faker and turn the option for safari to on. Then go to the first page of this thread through Safari and click on the download link. Once it's finished, if you have ifile installed, it should give you an option to open in ifile. Click, Unarchiver. It installs the files into var/mobile/Documents, so you may have to move them to var/stash/Themes.
    2. Download the theme to your comp. Install iFunbox on to your comp. Connect your phone. Open iFunbox and navigate to Raw file system/var/stash/Themes and drop the folder that you downloaded, after unzipping, into the theme folder. Then you should be done.

I hope all of that is clear
    Thank you a lot ! The iFile is on cydia ? Or appstore ?

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Thanks for the education, both of you. AND YES.. The open apps in RAM -- would indeed explain why it seems there like some apps open instantly. What's been weird with ZUI is that is seems EVERY time I go into certain apps - whether or not their in RAM - they launch the artwork and there's a 2 second wait. My concern is that in the writing of the theme - it's introduced a 'wait time' 'MORE' than a stock phone would. Is that possible? I just 'notice' the wait more jailbroken and ESPECIALLY in ZUI.
    No. There really isn't too much code in themes. For the most part, the only code is the info.plist. And that really only changes font color for the icons or whether it's displayed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by rubengoncalves View Post
    Thank you a lot ! The iFile is on cydia ? Or appstore ?
    Cydia. It's definitely worth purchasing. You'll use it A LOT!!

Also, you may want to do it the 2nd way that I posted. It takes a long time on the phone. I actually am doing it the 1st way now and it's been 5-10 minutes already.
    Last edited by EricB78; 06-29-2012 at 01:05 PM.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

elilab (07-02-2012), King_O_Hill (06-29-2012), stratnik (06-29-2012)

Thanks

Look in UIImages, com.apple.springboard and com.apple.UIKit

I just don't recall off the top of my head.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (06-29-2012), King_O_Hill (06-29-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Shad0wM0nk3y View Post
    I think this is the frameless information that some are looking for? If it is, just be sure to place it above the main theme.

zui_2012_icon_frameless.theme.rar
    Hmm. Riddle me this. (and this thread is going sooo fast - if this has been asked in the last 50 posts that happened in "5" frickin' minutes, please forgive me).

Did the ZUI Frameless theme element REDO a number of the icons all together? Or just simply remove the 'frame' unilaterally? It looks like a whole retooling of several of the icons.. Am I, again, dreaming?

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Hmm. Riddle me this. (and this thread is going sooo fast - if this has been asked in the last 50 posts that happened in "5" frickin' minutes, please forgive me).

Did the ZUI Frameless theme element REDO a number of the icons all together? Or just simply remove the 'frame' unilaterally? It looks like a whole retooling of several of the icons.. Am I, again, dreaming?
    Well keep in mind, the frame is part of the image. So, in going to frameless, Z or whomever did the icons, may have used different images to make the new icons.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-29-2012)

Page 500 of 574 FirstFirst ... 400 450 490498499500501502 510 550 ... LastLast