Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: You can help test beta versions of Winterboard

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Apparently the new finger-sliding feature in this new winterboard release does not work if you have LockInfo installed.
    I can not confirm this as I do not use LockInfo.
    So anybody using LockInfo with the new winterboard, if you could try this and please report back that would be great.
    Finger-sliding material can be found at http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...-template.html
    I use LockInfo, and this existing behavior seems to make sense to me. LockInfo sits "on top" of the lockscreen; it needs to be able to let you scroll and swipe your LockInfo items.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to brittag For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (04-21-2012)

Thanks brittag, now I see that as well. It is not possible to have 2 different sliding subjects running side by side. One will always be active while the other has become inactive.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 767 Posts

@brittag it's easier for me to tell you what does work lol and then the rest of the images don't work

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Them three images seem to work I had to look about on the iTunes app to find them none of the other images work
    The images with out @2x at the end are just the SD size images they are same as the @2x image just half the size by the way in case you didn't know thanks again for the help

Here's a idea I saw some one mention in a different thread would it be possible to add a timer to winterboard so you could set what themes to be used at what time and when it gets to that time you have set to change theme winterboard gives you a notification to swap theme or not

I think that would amazing if this was possible

Also just found out about adding BadgeStyle and TimeStyle to the info.plist

Tested it on my iPhone 4 on 4.2.1
    TimeStyle works fine but BadgeStyle doesn't seem to work
    but I tested it on a iPad 1 on 5.1 also on iPhone 3GS on 5.1 and both Time and Badge styles worked

Would it be possible to add a way of changing the lockscreen text colour with the info.plist also please ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by high dB View Post
    @brittag it's easier for me to tell you what does work lol and then the rest of the images don't work

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Them three images seem to work I had to look about on the iTunes app to find them none of the other images work
    Maybe can you give me one or two examples of a file that isn't being themed correctly (including the full filename), and a screenshot indicating where the file should be applied, with a little arrow or something? That would make things easier for me since I'm not sure which files are supposed to apply to which parts of the interface. Thanks!

Here's a idea I saw some one mention in a different thread would it be possible to add a timer to winterboard so you could set what themes to be used at what time and when it gets to that time you have set to change theme winterboard gives you a notification to swap theme or not

I think that would amazing if this was possible
    How would the timer be helpful - to help compare how different themes look? Might be a bit complicated for something people usually do with screenshots...

Also just found out about adding BadgeStyle and TimeStyle to the info.plist

Tested it on my iPhone 4 on 4.2.1
    TimeStyle works fine but BadgeStyle doesn't seem to work
    but I tested it on a iPad 1 on 5.1 also on iPhone 3GS on 5.1 and both Time and Badge styles worked
    Can you provide the specific plist you were using?

Would it be possible to add a way of changing the lockscreen text colour with the info.plist also please ?
    Which part of the lockscreen?

Here's my wish-list entry, the possibility to "group" items into category sections. You know how long the winterboard entry section can get sometimes... add a "ZUI", a "Legion", and a "Twilight 3volution" theme in there and it can take a good 10 minutes to scroll from the top of the list to the bottom, (ok, maybe I exaggerate, but you know what I mean).

I'd like to see the ability to do something like this;

- zui 2012 Theme
    +-- zui Lockscreen.theme
    +-- zui Icons.theme
    +-- zui.theme
    - Se7en Theme
    +-- Se7en Lockscreen.theme
    +-- Se7en.theme

etc...

The "Sections" would be user enterable (prompt for a name when creating a group), and you could add item to a "group" by drag & drop onto the group name.

Everything would still be hierarchically enforced and enabled, just like it currently is, things higher in the list that are enabled override things lower in the list.

Also, the advantage to this approach is that it both tidies up the display, but needs only to be a "visual" display of catqagories, behind the scenes the actual table entries are unchanged, and work just like they do now.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GAIAStevef For This Useful Post:

hemptation (05-06-2012), mymonkeyballs (06-18-2012), RippedThemer (05-10-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GAIAStevef View Post
    Here's my wish-list entry, the possibility to "group" items into category sections. You know how long the winterboard entry section can get sometimes... add a "ZUI", a "Legion", and a "Twilight 3volution" theme in there and it can take a good 10 minutes to scroll from the top of the list to the bottom, (ok, maybe I exaggerate, but you know what I mean).
    Quote Originally Posted by GAIAStevef View Post
    The "Sections" would be user enterable (prompt for a name when creating a group), and you could add item to a "group" by drag & drop onto the group name.

Everything would still be hierarchically enforced and enabled, just like it currently is, things higher in the list that are enabled override things lower in the list.

Also, the advantage to this approach is that it both tidies up the display, but needs only to be a "visual" display of catqagories, behind the scenes the actual table entries are unchanged, and work just like they do now.
    Thanks for the suggestion! I like the idea of maintaining the current drag-and-drop capability while letting people visually organize their theme components. Since this would be a "nice to have" extra feature, maybe this could be something that a volunteer developer could work on and submit a patch for.

there used to be an app on iOS 3 , that would let you see what themes you had installed, and would show a preview. I forget the name of this app. it is old. and no longer got supported when iOS 4 came out. that is something I always wanted. was an UI overhaul. not just for grouping. but to say making a folder style or drop down style. and possibly having previews for what each theme or mod you have in your winter board.

so you would have all these theme folders, and at the top would have an "applied" folder. and you drag what you want into the applied, and place whatever you want in whatever order, seeing how what is on top will over ride. so the functionality of winter board would not have to change. just the app ui, and the way it would flow for the user.

I know that winter board is an extremely powerful tool. and I certainly appreciate all that has been done by saurik and team. and I will continue to support cydia for as long as there is a jailbreak. I do often wonder why saurik is not coming out with jailbreaks for us. or a jailbreak tool rather.

just my 2 cents, I do not mean to offend anyone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hemptation View Post
    there used to be an app on iOS 3 , that would let you see what themes you had installed, and would show a preview. I forget the name of this app. it is old. and no longer got supported when iOS 4 came out. that is something I always wanted. was an UI overhaul. not just for grouping. but to say making a folder style or drop down style. and possibly having previews for what each theme or mod you have in your winter board.
    Interesting, I'm not sure which app you mean either. I know IconHarvester has a type of "preview" feature, but it's just for iOS 4 and 5, not iOS 3. If any volunteer developers are interested in working on ways to include previews for theme elements in Winterboard, the #winterboard IRC channel would be a great place to collaborate on it.

I know that winter board is an extremely powerful tool. and I certainly appreciate all that has been done by saurik and team. and I will continue to support cydia for as long as there is a jailbreak. I do often wonder why saurik is not coming out with jailbreaks for us. or a jailbreak tool rather.
    Jailbreaks are generally created by jailbreak development teams, such as iPhone Dev Team or Chronic Dev Team or collaborations between their members, and/or by jailbreakers working more on their own like comex. saurik has contributed to the development of jailbreaks including Absinthe, but his primary work has been on many important things that people use "after the jailbreak": Cydia, the Cydia Store payment system, Substrate, Cycript, Telesphoreo, Winterboard, SHSH servers, etc.
    Last edited by brittag; 05-06-2012 at 03:01 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to brittag For This Useful Post:

hemptation (05-06-2012)

yes I know and understand Saurik's role. and not being rude, by any means. was just saying. simply, if saurik was more involved in the actual creation of jailbreaks. I am sure they would come out faster for the users. cause he is a code master.

with that being said, I know he is extremely busy. so this was more of wishful thinking than anything else. cause as far as I understand as of now, they will be waiting for iOS 6 to be released before the dev teams release the next jailbreak tool. and as he stated in a MMI thread recently, this has got to hurt cydia's flood of new jailbreakees who are at cydia, buying things. so like I said. it was just a thought.

on the other, the theme preview. I can not remember the name of it, but I will try to dig this up. so the app can be brought to some attention. thank you for your speedy response, and for the fact that you have reached out to us here at MMI in an attempt to start communication with us here. because most of us, do not use IRC.

what is the IRC channel that the cydia team is located on?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

cukhiem (05-10-2012)

Thanks

what is the IRC channel that the cydia team is located on?
    Check the original post in this thread for an explanation of the Winterboard IRC channel and a few ways to access it. Right now there is no new beta version of Winterboard to test, but the IRC channel is still the best place to report any bugs with the current released version, and it's the best place to watch for news about any future betas. Thanks!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brittag For This Useful Post:

cukhiem (05-10-2012), hemptation (05-06-2012)

thank you, unlike most. I am 35, but I have been online long enough know exactly what IRC is............

I did my dirt during the net door days. thank you, and I will find the name of that app. and get back with you

wbapp use to be the old app , that would let you preview themes, and apply them. it was nifty back in the day when I did not have as much knowledge about theming.
    Last edited by hemptation; 05-06-2012 at 06:38 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

cukhiem (05-10-2012)

Thanks

Fail
    Last edited by high dB; 05-10-2012 at 02:02 AM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to high dB For This Useful Post:

cukhiem (05-10-2012), hemptation (05-12-2012)

wrong thread Will, but nice recommendation none the less

Thanks

Hahah fail

22. The Following User Says Thank You to high dB For This Useful Post:

hemptation (05-12-2012)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123