Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: You can help test beta versions of Winterboard

Yepp, was an experiment with Google Earth as a lockscreen theme, after Google Maps worked brilliant, but after respringing the new theme I got an message saying that no Google Earth plugin could be found on the lockscreen, followed by a html link "Learn More", which on tapping opened Safari on the lockscreen and it crashed staright away. Since then I had random resprings.
    Now I restored to 5.0.1 and installed the beta winterboard again and everything seems to run nice and smooth again.

My iPhone is a Part of Me jonkjon's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see any topics listed when i join #winterboard......using mirc
    "I own this block now!"-unknown Buuf gangster

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonkjon View Post
    I don't see any topics listed when i join #winterboard......using mirc
    Yes, unfortunately the IRC server went down for a moment recently and not all the channel topics have been replaced yet. Just ask in the channel and leave your IRC client open for a while - somebody will paste a link to you with the most recent version.

Thanks

This version of Winterboard is now released publicly (you can check out the ModMyi front page article about it if you like).

It's still very helpful for theme artists to join the #winterboard IRC channel and contribute suggestions and bug reports. Thanks!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brittag For This Useful Post:

hemptation (04-18-2012), high dB (04-19-2012), rasputin007 (04-17-2012), stratnik (04-17-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 767 Posts

I think u would get alot more ppl helping u out n gettin involved with the beta if it was not ran off IRC u may like IRC most don't even no what it is or have the time to mess about with it am sure if u just posted it here n tweeted about it u would get alot more top theme makers as alot don't even no this topic is here or can't be arsed to use the IRC

7. The Following User Says Thank You to high dB For This Useful Post:

hemptation (04-17-2012)

Thanks

There's also the option of emailing saurik - it's a slower way to get issues fixed/clarified compared to discussing them on IRC, but it's better than not reporting bugs.

People can post bug reports in this thread if they really want to - I'll likely copy-and-paste the report into the IRC channel so it can be discussed and tested. But again, that's much slower than theme artists directly reporting issues on IRC.
    Last edited by brittag; 04-17-2012 at 04:23 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to brittag For This Useful Post:

hemptation (04-18-2012)

Thanks

Like I said u like IRC to much lol no big theme maker even new there was a winterboard beta have u seen how many themes come out nowadays there's tons of ppl to test it 4 u but none of them no that there is beta or where to get it or even how to set up IRC or have to time to mess with IRC as they r busy with everyday stuff like every1 then themeing n on here n twitter n also
    I don't remember ever seeing saurik tweet about the beta either cos if he did he would of had tons of ppl asking where to get the beta

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to high dB For This Useful Post:

hemptation (04-17-2012), stratnik (04-18-2012)

highdb is right. I know IRC, cause its the old school chat service, from the "good ole days" but not a lot of people know of it, or how to link an account to it. I am not saying that they are not interested. just saying the themers, modders group, "people who use winter board to its fullest", are mainly here and on twitter. and obviously saurik doesn't want to get on twitter cause of the people trying to get at him. that is where IRC comes in, the private network. so they can just chat about the work at hand. but there needs to be a flow of communication. cause winter board is very powerful, and we are very thankful. but there is a lot of room for improvement. and maybe saurik has bigger things going on. but he, and winter board, is one of the bigger reasons most of us here jailbreak in the first place. point is, there needs to be a bridge somewhere somehow for communication from themers to saurik. thats all I am trying to say.

I appreciate all the work that has been done. and hope everyone has a great day

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

high dB (04-19-2012), rasputin007 (04-18-2012), stratnik (04-18-2012)

I'd like to thank hemp for the recognition of this thread. I would love to help but I have to agree with the method of communication. I have noticed that the color keyboard pop ups no longer work after the winterboard update. Although that very well seems like a color keyboard issue as well.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RippedThemer For This Useful Post:

hemptation (04-18-2012)

Thanks

People are welcome to email saurik ([email protected]) or post in this thread; as explained above, these methods are still helpful but slower than IRC for identifying and resolving issues.

I forgot to mention this in my original post, but there are also web-based IRC clients available, such as Mibbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifted_ChevyZ View Post
    I have noticed that the color keyboard pop ups no longer work after the winterboard update. Although that very well seems like a color keyboard issue as well.
    Color Keyboard popups seem to work fine on my iPhone 4S on iOS 5.0.1 - I'm using the Black-Original theme and the Black pop-up theme. Can you post some details about your setup so I can try to reproduce the problem?
    Last edited by brittag; 04-17-2012 at 11:55 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to brittag For This Useful Post:

hemptation (04-18-2012)

Thanks

New update from Cydia doesn't seem to be able to theme all the images inside of
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iTunesStoreUI.framework

Mainly the purchase images older version of winterboard it did work

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by high dB View Post
    New update from Cydia doesn't seem to be able to theme all the images inside of
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iTunesStoreUI.framework

Mainly the purchase images older version of winterboard it did work
    Can you give me a specific filename for the image, and an example of a theme that tries to theme this image? I'll check it out.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to brittag For This Useful Post:

high dB (04-19-2012)

Thanks

It's a theme I am helping some 1 make here is the folder just of the iTunes store UI I've tested a bit more and found none of the images seem work http://cl.ly/FxiT

the download link is just that folder in a theme by itself self and u can see the images in the AppStore or iTunes app when u go to buy/download something and also on iTunes app when u on the ping section typing a comment on something
    Last edited by high dB; 04-18-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Thanks

Hi all, i have noticed also a few funny issues. i am playing with new icon ideas and started by making a SB page full of icons before the update all was ok.
    After i have noticed 1: Mail icon, using both MobileMail.app and com.apple.mobilemail BUT if i was to add another set of these locations above the theme it works. ie..theme name Mail.theme and just have the mail icon locations in the right place. enabled above the theme in question everything works.
    2: SAME issue with Calendar icon BUT different set of newly made icons
    again both worked fine before the update.
    i can send you screen shots if i have confused the hell out of you lol sorry
    just anoying as hell when making icons and some dont show up

Oh and i would like to add sorry, and confirm that ColorKeyboard popups are playing up also i was useing BaSalt before the update all was ok after the popups stoped
    again as Lifted_ChevyZ had said may be a color Keyboard issue but maybe a coincidence after winter board update maybe
    Last edited by BOGMAT; 04-19-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Thanks

It's a theme I am helping some 1 make here is the folder just of the iTunes store UI I've tested a bit more and found none of the images seem work Test.zip.zip

the download link is just that folder in a theme by itself self and u can see the images in the AppStore or iTunes app when u go to buy/download something and also on iTunes app when u on the ping section typing a comment on something
    I just tried this theme on my iPhone 4 on iOS 5.0.1 using Winterboard 3905, and it looks like it's working - here's a screenshot of the iTunes store showing themed "free" and "buy now" buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGMAT View Post
    After i have noticed 1: Mail icon, using both MobileMail.app and com.apple.mobilemail BUT if i was to add another set of these locations above the theme it works. ie..theme name Mail.theme and just have the mail icon locations in the right place. enabled above the theme in question everything works.
    2: SAME issue with Calendar icon BUT different set of newly made icons
    again both worked fine before the update.
    i can send you screen shots if i have confused the hell out of you lol sorry
    I'd love to see screenshots, if you wouldn't mind. I'm not sure what you mean, and it's always helpful to see a precise example of the problem. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BOGMAT View Post
    Oh and i would like to add sorry, and confirm that ColorKeyboard popups are playing up also i was useing BaSalt before the update all was ok after the popups stoped
    again as Lifted_ChevyZ had said may be a color Keyboard issue but maybe a coincidence after winter board update maybe
    OK, I just tried the BaSalt theme, and if I only enable it in Color Keyboard, the keyboard is themed but popups are not themed (I looked at this with Winterboard 3093 and then with 3095). If I enable BaSalt in Winterboard too, I see themed popups when using Winterboard 3093 and also when using 3095.

there is a small bug with shrink tweak in new version of wb-

a) wb is killing any adjustments made to labels and shows the off cente
    b) fontsize vary from respring to respring

Thanks

@brittag ye only few of the images r themeing more use to work then that
    Open iTunes app search for a song/album view the album and them buttons where the price is r not themed, also press the ping section of iTunes app n go to type a comment that send button n the text background images r not themed
    Also this folder themes some of the buttons used in AppStore app open it up view top 25 apps pick any app and view it them buttons also don't theme anymore

Screen shots below
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1334925255.342147.jpg   -imageuploadedbymodmyi1334924987.610625.jpg   -imageuploadedbymodmyi1334925694.846100.jpg  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tosbsas View Post
    there is a small bug with shrink tweak in new version of wb-

a) wb is killing any adjustments made to labels and shows the off cente
    b) fontsize vary from respring to respring
    Can you list a series of steps I can take to reproduce these issues? I tried Shrink with 50% icons and 75% labels, and I got a strange effect where the labels look "clipped" instead of small with Winterboard 3905, but I couldn't get it to show me off-center labels or vary the font sizes. In any case, these may be bugs with Shrink instead of Winterboard, and I've let the Shrink developer know about the strange effect I saw.

@brittag ye only few of the images r themeing more use to work then that
    Open iTunes app search for a song/album view the album and them buttons where the price is r not themed, also press the ping section of iTunes app n go to type a comment that send button n the text background images r not themed
    Also this folder themes some of the buttons used in AppStore app open it up view top 25 apps pick any app and view it them buttons also don't theme anymore
    Thanks for the screenshots! I tried looking at an App Store app page with your theme enabled, and the "free" button didn't seem to get themed using either Winterboard 3903 or 3905. Also, can you list the specific filename for each image that doesn't seem to be getting successfully themed, out of the 41 images in the theme?

Apparently the new finger-sliding feature in this new winterboard release does not work if you have LockInfo installed.
    I can not confirm this as I do not use LockInfo.
    So anybody using LockInfo with the new winterboard, if you could try this and please report back that would be great.
    Finger-sliding material can be found at http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...-template.html

yes thats what I saw too - did the same stuff you did, but text is kind of off center a bit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast