+ Reply
Page 84 of 136 FirstFirst ... 34 748283848586 94 134 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2706

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Dalvar3 I've followed all Ras' instructions but still cannot get mylocation.txt file to update the coordinates. Hence, no weather mod working yet. Any idea? Listen up, I'm
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,682 Times in 4,004 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalvar3 View Post
    I've followed all Ras' instructions but still cannot get mylocation.txt file to update the coordinates. Hence, no weather mod working yet. Any idea?

Listen up, I'm only gonna say this one more time... (yeah right)

Remove EVERYTHING that you installed regarding the GPS.
    1) add apt.mmus.us to cydia
    2) download and install gps for web sever PLUS from that repo.
    3) reboot
    4) open safari. go to weather.yahoo.com and when safari asks you if you want to allow location services, say, "yes"
    5) in safari address bar, type 127.0.0.1 and allow anything it asks. A screen will pop up with your latitude and longitude. REFRESH THE PAGE by hitting the circle thingie in the address bar next to the web address.
    6) select your favorite GPS mod in winter board and Respring.

If you follow these directions EXACTLY, I assure you that it WILL work. I have done it on an ipad3, iphone4s, iPhone4, and two iPods (one 4G, one 3G)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

ag92 (06-04-2012), sparksjr (06-20-2012), WaGGuM (06-05-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post

3) reboot
    4) open safari. go to weather.yahoo.com and when safari asks you if you want to allow location services, say, "yes"
    5) in safari address bar, type 127.0.0.1 and allow anything it asks. A screen will pop up with your latitude and longitude. REFRESH THE PAGE by hitting the circle thingie in the address bar next to the web address.

If you follow these directions EXACTLY, I assure you that it WILL work. I have done it on an ipad3, iphone4s, iPhone4, and two iPods (one 4G, one 3G)
    I actually did that but cannot get the coordinates to be on the mylocation.txt file. This is frustrating.

EDIT <I re-installed ps for web sever PLUS from Cydia and reboot and now it is working as intended>
    Last edited by Dalvar3; 06-04-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dalvar3 View Post
    I actually did that but cannot get the coordinates to be on the mylocation.txt file. This is frustrating.

EDIT <I re-installed ps for web sever PLUS from Cydia and reboot and now it is working as intended>
    Glad I could help

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Dalvar3 (06-04-2012), WaGGuM (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,674 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shortysos7 View Post
    yeah i have noticed that as well

yeah the on used for mostly cloudy and fair are not retina display. As least that what it looks like to me and what I have seen so far. The one for fair is the one on the beach.

Another thing I noticed....not trying to seem like im being picky but the slider fix you posted isnt as big as the ones in the screeny if thats what it was meant to be and when the images move from left to right, the image for me goes of screen and leaves the left side of the screen 1/10 of the way white.

Edit:
    Thanks to mamajay she told me to change the rotating wallpaper to true and that got rid of the white effect issue. Also that seem to have fixed the retina issue. Its probably due to the fact its using different images but idk...my wallpapers are retina display now

Okay for the image that is not working or not looking good is it the panoramic, rotation images, static ??? there is 5 folders of images and each one has a fair, mostly cloudy ect. I think the best solution is for me to rewrite the code and have one for iPad 3 and one for iPad2/1 as the displays are different and would look much better.

the slider i have is a tweak from cydia called longslide for ipad to make the slider longer then the standard one.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TaJr12 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-04-2012), metaserph (06-04-2012), shortysos7 (06-04-2012), The_Durben (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,020 Times in 4,166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tajr12 View Post
    Okay for the image that is not working or not looking good is it the panoramic, rotation images, static ??? there is 5 folders of images and each one has a fair, mostly cloudy ect. I think the best solution is for me to rewrite the code and have one for iPad 3 and one for iPad2/1 as the displays are different and would look much better.

the slider i have is a tweak from cydia called longslide for ipad to make the slider longer then the standard one.
    I vote for ipad2 lol. Thx tajr for your efforts!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-04-2012), metaserph (06-04-2012), The_Durben (06-04-2012)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,118 Times in 6,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McInnis7 View Post
    I tried that fix but I can't get to website http://127.0.0.1.com/index.html. I get error 404 like the website isn't available to allow it to use my location. I downloaded the fix but that is the other step, so that's why I was wondering if I could just add a yahoo weather code. I can just wait patiently for the update.
    Did you reboot?
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,674 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Proper screen size for the widget would be 768x1024 or 1024x768
    The images need be 1536x2048
    Some of the images were image sized bigger which is why the loss of clarity.
    tajr did a good job setting this up and finding the images he did.
    Keep in mind this lock uses 3 sets of weather images and another for panoramic
    We are talking upwards of 150 images all different and needing to be named.
    It took me three hours yesterday to find size and name retina images for one set.

Something to think about before people complain.
    Do you think it would be better to make a seperate port for the ipad 3 and another for the ipad2/1 because of the difference in the display?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaJr12 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-05-2012), WaGGuM (06-05-2012)

Thanks

I believe its the panoramic but not sure if that's the one with the moving image. It is whichever one it is set to when you download it. And thanks for that tweak. Did not know that. Can't thank you enough for this lockscreen port too btw. Cant stop staring at my phone AND now my iPad lmao
    Last edited by shortysos7; 06-04-2012 at 12:20 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to shortysos7 For This Useful Post:

TaJr12 (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,887 Times in 4,454 Posts

3) reboot

Fantastic, MamaJaay!! Hugely helpful and succinct explanation. May I ask you to edit your post to make the #2 line read:
    2) download and install "GPS for Web Sever PLUS" from that repo.

You need to set off the name of the tweak with quotes so people don't get lost in the sentence and not understand you are talking about a particular App to download. I had to puzzle over that line a few time until I got it.

It does indeed work EXACTLY as you said. NOW -- am I to understand then that every time I change location - for now - I'll need to refresh the Safari page with the 127.0.0.1 address and Respring?

Do you think it would be better to make a seperate port for the ipad 3 and another for the ipad2/1 because of the difference in the display?
    Yes, that would certainly clean things up, Tajr! But it's your personal time you are doing this. And if this is your hobby and you love tweaking to perfection (like I do) then please "knock yourself out" in any time frame you wish. We're "beggars" here and as the old saying goes - Beggars can't be choosers. We're just grateful for all the work so many of you do to help us customize our phones.

(But I also wish several of you others would stop giving the 'you should appreciate and not complain' lectures. We're only ever responding to the modder who's ASKING for feedback. Please don't try to infer "ungratefulness" or "complaint" from our writing. It's insulting and arrogant- so just quit it! -now! )
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-04-2012 at 12:56 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

shortysos7 (06-04-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Fantastic, MamaJaay!! Hugely helpful and succinct explanation. May I ask you to edit your post to make the #2 line read:
    2) download and install "GPS for Web Sever PLUS" from that repo.

You need to set off the name of the tweak with quotes so people don't get lost in the sentence and not understand you are talking about a particular App to download. I had to puzzle over that line a few time until I got it.

It does indeed work EXACTLY as you said. NOW -- am I to understand then that every time I change location - for now - I'll need to refresh the Safari page with the 127.0.0.1 address and Respring?

Yes, that would certainly clean things up, Tajr! But it's your personal time you are doing this. And if this is your hobby and you love tweaking to perfection (like I do) then please "knock yourself out" in any time frame you wish. We're "beggars" here and as the old saying goes - Beggars can't be choosers. We're just grateful for all the work so many of you do to help us customize our phones.

(But I also wish several of you others would stop giving the 'you should appreciate and not complain' lectures. We're only ever responding to the modder who's ASKING for feedback. Please don't try to infer "ungratefulness" or "complaint" from our writing. It's insulting and arrogant- so just quit it! -now! )
    If you navigate to the stated web page, then add the bookmark to your home screen, you will be able to hit one icon to refresh your location. (just make sure you REFRESH the page after it loads --I always do it twice just to make sure.) that in itself will update the txt file that GPS widgets use. If your widget is set to update, let's say every 15 minutes, then sometime in the next 15 mins, it would pull the updated location and update the weather on the widget accordingly. A respring is usually not necessary. HOWEVER: if you are impatient, a respring will force the update, yes.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

WaGGuM (06-05-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone xtrememan's Avatar
    Thanks

is there an update in cydia or is there a fix. i saw something but some are having problems.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xtrememan View Post
    when is the update then

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    When it arrives in cydia he is working on it

is there an update in cydia or is there a fix. i saw something but some are having problems.
    Give it a rest mate. Try reading some posts. The app has not been updated. Yet.

There are several workarounds. Posted many times. Just read back 3-4 pages and you'll be fine.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-04-2012), metaserph (06-05-2012), The_Durben (06-04-2012), WaGGuM (06-05-2012)

Thanks

2) download and install "GPS for Web Server PLUS" from that repo.
    3) reboot
    5) in safari address bar, type http://127.0.0.1/index.html and allow anything it asks. A screen will pop up with your latitude and longitude. REFRESH THE PAGE by hitting the circle thingie in the address bar next to the web address.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

elilab (06-07-2012), The_Durben (06-05-2012), WaGGuM (06-05-2012), xtrememan (06-05-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Give it a rest mate. Try reading some posts. The app has not been updated. Yet.

There are several workarounds. Posted many times. Just read back 3-4 pages and you'll be fine.
    Allright. No need to get pist off. Busy now. Just wanted a simple answer. Alright mate

3) reboot
    5) in safari address bar, type http://127.0.0.1/index.html and allow anything it asks. A screen will pop up with your latitude and longitude. REFRESH THE PAGE by hitting the circle thingie in the address bar next to the web address.

thanks
    Last edited by xtrememan; 06-04-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,044 Times in 566 Posts

It looks like this is only an issue with panaromic. I think I might have a solution. At least it works for me and looks amazing!

In the ChevyStyles.css file I commented out the width line from this section:
    #weatherIconWS{
    position:absolute;
    top: 0px;
    left:0px;
    // width:3200px;
    height:768px;
    -webkit-animation-name: PanoramicView;

It seems like this would also work on iPad 1/2. Maybe some peeps can try it out.

This iPad lockscreen is unfreaking believable! Thanks so much for the creativity and hard work of all those involved. ...Between this and Max's zui LS from last night...Wow!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ag92 For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (06-04-2012)

Thanks

3) reboot

Does not say allow location services for me do I skip that part.

Thanks

Does not say allow location services for me do I skip that part.
    Yes, that step is required for people who have not yet used safari's location services after a fresh JB

29. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

WaGGuM (06-05-2012)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,118 Times in 6,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gadezu View Post
    I sent back one to GUNNY! I'm working on Durben's widget now!
    Hey Gunny, how about sharing this? I am dying to try one out.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

WaGGuM (06-05-2012)

Thanks

Sorry! I sent but didn't tested on the iPhone! Doesn't work yet! I'm still working to fix the issues! Sorry again!
    Buuf Infinity is the only widget that work with GUI for now!
    READ THIS BEFORE YOU ASK. THANK YOU!

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gadezu For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-05-2012), The_Durben (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,175 Posts

Yes, that step is required for people who have not yet used safari's location services after a fresh JB
    You're a Saint - thank you for everyone who Hasn't said thank you!

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WaGGuM For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-05-2012), metaserph (06-05-2012)

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2013, 02:27 PM
  2. 03-15-2013, 10:09 AM
  3. 08-11-2012, 12:06 AM
  4. 03-03-2012, 12:38 PM