+ Reply
Page 76 of 136 FirstFirst ... 26 667475767778 86 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2706

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Haha
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,591 Times in 4,087 Posts

Haha
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-27-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by _Vansmak_ View Post
    Hey guys I just updated and jb 5.1.1 and my gps mods arent working. Any idea?
    To fix go to -

Settings/General/Reset/Erase all contents.

Pretty sure that fixes it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-27-2012), stratnik (05-28-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,735 Times in 4,447 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by _Vansmak_ View Post
    Hey guys I just updated and jb 5.1.1 and my gps mods arent working. Any idea?
    Lmao....

....DON'T SMOKE JUST VAPE!!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Gunny, I thought you had to hit the bookmark each time you want to update the mylocation.txt file?

Thanks

I didn't when I was out earlier and it update

Hmm need Rasputin I think loo

Green Apple
    Thanks

OK, cool. Thanks for the info.

Thanks

Edit I have made a mistake

rasputins way doesn't update automatically you will need to open safari and type the address in or make a bookmark sorry for the confusion

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (05-27-2012), rumcajs (05-27-2012), The_Durben (05-27-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

NP, I think if you leave the page open it auto-refreshes but that won't work if you leave Safari.
    I can live with it though, I'm sure MyLocation will be fixed soon.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ok I no ther some problem with the GPS when install it I just can't open when hit it. I on 5.1.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Open Cydia and search for
    1.) lighttpd ( a very small, but very powerful web server that does not need much resources)
    2.) php (a very powerful addition to html)
    3.) Lighttpd SBSetting Toggle (this gives you a turn on/off switch for lighttpd, as well as a configuration file for lighttpd, no further setup/configuration needed! Works right out of the box).
    4.) GPS for web server from MMUS repo (apt.mmus.us) will install the index.html and run.php into the iPhone web server at /var/www.
    Install them, open SBSettings, open "Set Windows Toggles" and switch Lighttpd to ON, I have done the same for Location, but don't know if that is needed.
    When you close SBSetting it resprings, but reboot as well to make sure lighttpd is running.
    Now open Safari (make sure you allow Location Service for Safari!) on the iPhone and enter this url address "http://127.0.0.1/index.html". You get a pop-up window asking if you want to allow "http://127.0.0.1/index.html access to your location", say OK. You should now see the latitude and longitude on the screen. To be on the safe side reload that page (tap that little curly arrow at the right hand side in the address bar).
    Now you should have a myLocation.txt file with those coordinates in /var/mobile/Documents.
    Select your GPS based lockscreen/widget, respring and enjoy.

Hint for MyLocation app users:
    Turn "Sig. Change" OFF, or myLocation.txt file gets overwritten by MyLocation app.
    rasputin007,
    I have tried to do this and yes im on 5.1.1 so if im not able to please let me know so i don't go breaking something...lol Couple issues i am having:

In Cydia i cannot find lighttpd, when i search all that comes up is the lighttpd SBsettings toggle.
    I also cannot find php. Maybe i am missing a source?

Any help would be appreciated, Zfrost pointed me here so thanks to him as well (i wanna run his nexodus theme)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thespikie's Avatar
    Thanks

HI,

how can i delete the Bottombarlock?
    I have the new tweak unlockize :-)
    GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme-fotodm.png

Thx
    Sorry for my bad english, I'm Dutch

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beastlee View Post
    Is there a way to automate the refresh of the page? Hitting the bookmark is fine but when you're driving it would be nice to have it refresh along the route without getting in trouble for using the phone whilst at the wheel
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastlee View Post
    Gunny, I thought you had to hit the bookmark each time you want to update the mylocation.txt file?
    Sadly yes it still is only a "GPS on Demand" solution.
    I tried with links/buttons on the LockBackground.html to start the http://127.0.0.1/index.html page, but because Winterboard is not Location Service enabled it simply hangs. Winterboard can not cope with geolocation code, otherwise it would be much easier to add the geolocation javascript of the index.html page into each LockBackground.html.
    Then came the thought of having a shell script call the index.html page at regular intervals, but because Safari is asking if you want to allow location access to the index.html page that script would stop as the script does not touches the OK button, which is needed to carry on the process.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Beastlee (05-28-2012), EricB78 (05-28-2012), rumcajs (05-28-2012), The_Durben (05-27-2012)

"The Original Modsta" _Vansmak_'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,868 Times in 1,227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    To fix go to -

Settings/General/Reset/Erase all contents.

Pretty sure that fixes it.
    Lol nice

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    What up peeps!! It's your cyberworld homie chevymusclecar! Bringing you...

CMC_GPS_LS_ULTIMATE!! v2

This GPS lockscreen has the user in mind! Simple, clean, sleek and crispy! Ability to choose between Languages, time format, date format, iconsets for forecast and sunrise/sunset. Now with the ability to choose User Wallpaper (wallpaper jpegifier (cydia)), Slideshow (with cool transition effects), Static Weather condition image, four rotating Weather images per condition, Panoramic Weather condition image and choice of Animated Weather with all weather display choices!! Plus changed folder names to a more "standard" naming convention! I did it for the jailbreak community and I hope you enjoy it!!

If you would like to donate for the cause, please do!

PayPal. [email protected]

Required: Wallpaper jpegifier and GPS Weather Lockscreen by crazyvivek, Available in cydia.

Download here...

http://bit.ly/LS_ULTIMATE

Credits and Thanks
    Dacal, Ian Nicoll, Crazyvivek, Subywrex, Schnedi, The_Durben, Pinoy and barsoverbeats. Thank them all they are good peeps with great talent!
    I just updated to 5.1.1. Now I can't get the forecast to open from the lock screen. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life CHOOK1811's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,204 Times in 576 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Sadly yes it still is only a "GPS on Demand" solution.
    I tried with links/buttons on the LockBackground.html to start the http://127.0.0.1/index.html page, but because Winterboard is not Location Service enabled it simply hangs. Winterboard can not cope with geolocation code, otherwise it would be much easier to add the geolocation javascript of the index.html page into each LockBackground.html.
    Then came the thought of having a shell script call the index.html page at regular intervals, but because Safari is asking if you want to allow location access to the index.html page that script would stop as the script does not touches the OK button, which is needed to carry on the process.

What if it was linked to the sb toggle on = ok and off = cancel ?

My iPhone is a Part of Me cuzin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 379 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MtnDewMan View Post
    I just updated to 5.1.1. Now I can't get the forecast to open from the lock screen. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks
    mine works fine. in version 2 the touch location was shrunk, try touching where the forecast actually pops up...right above the city or temp.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cuzin View Post
    mine works fine. in version 2 the touch location was shrunk, try touching where the forecast actually pops up...right above the city or temp.
    I tried all different spots. No luck. I opened up the file in an app called findfile since ifile isn't working for web viewing right now. I use lockinfo but no lock screen stuff. I'll try uninstalling just to rule it out.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,258 Times in 395 Posts

To make sure I'm understanding this-- No matter if I use Rasputin007 method or Durbens method (adding a myLocation.txt file w/ coordinates to Documents folder) the only way to get the GPS widget to work as you travel (changing of the cities) is to do Rasputin method and open/bookmark the safari browser/address.

Thanks for the clarification!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MtnDewMan View Post
    I tried all different spots. No luck. I opened up the file in an app called findfile since ifile isn't working for web viewing right now. I use lockinfo but no lock screen stuff. I'll try uninstalling just to rule it out.
    I uninstalled lockinfoa and it started working. So lockinfo must do something to the lock screen to not allow the interactive effects?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CHOOK1811 View Post
    What if it was linked to the sb toggle on = ok and off = cancel ?
    Any automated refresh is hampered by Safari's pop-up window asking if you want to give location access as automated scripts do not "tap" the OK button, at least as far as I know.

The only other possibility is to have a refresh interval set to the index.html page, very easy to do is just one line of code, the problem here is to keep it running in Safari in the background. But Safari is a RAM hungry app and keeping that running all the time is also rather costly in terms of free memory.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 05-28-2012 at 12:47 AM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (05-28-2012)

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2013, 02:27 PM
  2. 03-15-2013, 10:09 AM
  3. 08-11-2012, 12:06 AM
  4. 03-03-2012, 12:38 PM