Page 69 of 136 FirstFirst ... 19 596768697071 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2706

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

  1. #1361
    ok, for some reason i can't get the LS to change locations after installing your update. it still shows the location of where i was yesterday that is 20 miles away. if i open my link to safari(127.0.0.1) i get a different set of coords. if i leave it open on my screen it updates every minute. if i open the test.xml file after it updates it jives with what safari gives me. if i then go to the LS, it has not updated, even after a respring!?. not sure whats going on now, i will start digging.

    **Update**

    ok, after letting my phone sit for 90 minutes, it has now changed to my correct location. it is obviously working, it must just be a time interval thing or something. Although i would think that it would update on a respring no matter what. still need to do some digging.

    Ras, is there a way to write the coords to another file and have it appended with new coords everytime they change? maybe also include a timestamp. then at least we would have a record of how often this was happening. just a thought, it may or may not yield any useful info
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 05-01-2012 at 04:08 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    poofster1 (05-01-2012)

  3. #1362
    Quote Originally Posted by poofster1 View Post
    I still don't have the animation on top of the day jpg or the night jpg. Any simple solution? Where do I change what to get the animation on top?
    After restoring to a stock 3.1.3 and jailbreaking with Spirit I installed the web server, php , and all the other stuff I usually have.
    Well the http://127.0.0.1/index.html works and produces a test.xml file with the latitude and longitude, but the lockscreen still stays black apart from the time and date. It is exactly the same theme that work fine on the 3GS on 5.0.1 (apart from the 3.1.3 specific tap to unlock files), but for some unknown reason it does not want to work the same as it does in iOS 5.0.1. This is strange!
    You seem to have a slightly less problem on iOS4.2.1. I am guessing here, but could it be that webkit in older firmwares is not that compatible?
    Maybe using a less webkit heavy theme might work better. Something to try, one day!



    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    ok, for some reason i can't get the LS to change locations after installing your update. it still shows the location of where i was yesterday that is 20 miles away. if i open my link to safari(127.0.0.1) i get a different set of coords. if i leave it open on my screen it updates every minute. if i open the test.xml file after it updates it jives with what safari gives me. if i then go to the LS, it has not updated, even after a respring!?. not sure whats going on now, i will start digging.

    **Update**

    ok, after letting my phone sit for 90 minutes, it has now changed to my correct location. it is obviously working, it must just be a time interval thing or something. Although i would think that it would update on a respring no matter what. still need to do some digging.

    Ras, is there a way to write the coords to another file and have it appended with new coords everytime they change? maybe also include a timestamp. then at least we would have a record of how often this was happening. just a thought, it may or may not yield any useful info
    It is funny, but after I installed the updated version and tested it it worked perfect every time. Then I had to go and pick up my boys from school, so I did a quick location/GPS update and within a minute or so I got the new coordinates but no weather (no 3G or EDGE signal, only GPRS and that is dead slow here!). As soon as I was back home I got the weather from that location, again a GPS update ( actually 2, one with the bookmark and one with Safari direct) and within a minute I got the updated coordinates and weather.
    However I noticed that some times when using the bookmark icon I get the current latitude and longitude on the display, but the test.xml file still has the old GPS data ???? Also on some occasions I get 2 windows to ask if I want to give access to location, one from Safari and the second one from "http://127.0.0.1". If I get 2 or at least one pop-up window asking for location access then usually the content of the test.xml file changes, which does not always seems to happen.
    I would love to have an automated location change recording, BUT ... I have not found a php equivalent script that has the same function as the geolocation javascript. If I had then it could be automated as php is server-side scripts, whereas javascript is client-side scripts and need to be started with a browser request. You always need to call a html page in order to run that geolocation javascript to get the current latitude and longitude. Sadly you can not call that html page from the lockscreen (LockBackground.html) as that is running in Winterboard's "browser" which is not location enabled and will not run gps code, otherwise you would run that geolocation javascript straight in the LockBackground.html.
    I thought about using a command line shell script in cron (cron is used in Linux to run shell scripts at certain intervals), together with another command line utility called "wget", so basically call the http://127.0.0.1/index.html page from the command line at certain intervals, all running in the background. Theoretically a nice solution if there wasn't the problem with the pop-up windows asking if you want to grant location access, because that's where the index.html would hang (until you answer OK or Cancel) and no new coordinates would be written to the test.xml file.
    I had a look at JSONrequest, but as far as I understand this this is file less, as the request would go straight to the index.html page and would send then the JSON response from there (again the script would not run until you grant access to the location service).
    Maybe Dacal could find a different way as he seems very good with code.

    If you want a location record then open /private/var/root/Library/Caches/locationd/cache_encryptedA.db (sqlite 3 database file) which has in the field "CellLocation" a record of all latitudes/longitudes and with time stamp. But that file only gets updated when a Location Service enabled app is running.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 05-01-2012 at 05:07 PM.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

    It's Mi (05-10-2012), King_O_Hill (05-04-2012), The_Durben (05-04-2012)

  5. #1363
    What's Jailbreak? monkeyrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
    I took and modified the package a bit. I've created two cinemagraphs that are under 400kb and then made script to call them and set them as the background based on the time of day. Here is a preview:


    A big thanks goes out to crazyvivek and ~poetic24 for their hardwork.

    I'd like to upload my package to be available in Cydia, but am wondering the best way to do it. I would assume that I need to get it into a .deb file and then have modmyi host it?

    Let me know what you think of it.
    Link to projects and completed works:
    http://monkeyrum.deviantart.com/

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to monkeyrum For This Useful Post:

    It's Mi (05-10-2012), King_O_Hill (05-05-2012), lostinthemes (05-08-2012), rasputin007 (05-05-2012)

  7. #1364
    Theme Creator-Animation Coder Coop2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ross-on-Wye UK
    Posts
    2,190
    Thanks
    4,432
    Thanked 4,852 Times in 1,572 Posts

    I have a question for you guys on this thread is there any way you can code the sig change part of the my location app into a nc widget that can be easily switched on and off by the notifaction centre? If I was any good at code I would give it a go but its just a thought?

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Coop2009 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (05-04-2012)

  9. #1365
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop2009 View Post
    I have a question for you guys on this thread is there any way you can code the sig change part of the my location app into a nc widget that can be easily switched on and off by the notifaction centre? If I was any good at code I would give it a go but its just a thought?
    I posed the question to crazyvivek before asking instead of an app to write a settings function for it.
    Might get done might not. Rewriting the app is not easy, at least for me anyway.

    Technically you can do it already though Coop. If you turn on Sig.Change in the app and have a toggle for location in your NC you can then turn it off system wide and back on from there. This would affect all apps that use location though.

    Personally I don't leave Sig.Change on as I want to know when another app is using location services. I just turn on/off again if I change cities. Sig.Change need only be left in if you want the city to update on its own as you travel. Other than that there is no need.

    Hope that helps.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (05-04-2012), rasputin007 (05-04-2012)

  11. #1366
    Theme Creator-Animation Coder Coop2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ross-on-Wye UK
    Posts
    2,190
    Thanks
    4,432
    Thanked 4,852 Times in 1,572 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    I posed the question to crazyvivek before asking instead of an app to write a settings function for it.
    Might get done might not. Rewriting the app is not easy, at least for me anyway.

    Technically you can do it already though Coop. If you turn on Sig.Change in the app and have a toggle for location in your NC you can then turn it off system wide and back on from there. This would affect all apps that use location though.

    Personally I don't leave Sig.Change on as I want to know when another app is using location services. I just turn on/off again if I change cities. Sig.Change need only be left in if you want the city to update on its own as you travel. Other than that there is no need.

    Hope that helps.
    Yeah I know bro I don't leave it on just as a nc widget would be cool you know maybe I'll look into it

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coop2009 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (05-04-2012), The_Durben (05-04-2012)

  13. #1367
    My iPhone is a Part of Me kimvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    634
    Thanks
    3,024
    Thanked 549 Times in 331 Posts

    Hopefully this is the appropriate thread to ask in, but is it possible to add an animated weather component (where the clouds go across, etc) to a static widget? I have a couple of static widgets I'd like to add the animation to. If so, are there instructions somewhere? Thanks for any help!

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to kimvy For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (05-04-2012)

  15. #1368
    Quote Originally Posted by kimvy View Post
    Hopefully this is the appropriate thread to ask in, but is it possible to add an animated weather component (where the clouds go across, etc) to a static widget? I have a couple of static widgets I'd like to add the animation to. If so, are there instructions somewhere? Thanks for any help!
    Yes this can be done and you are kinda in the wrong thread. Go to the UniAW thread and read through the first page. Ian Nicholl has a version that is animated weather only. start there and if you have any questions, post them over there and there are plenty of us that can help you. Shortcut to UniAW

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    kimvy (05-04-2012), metaserph (05-25-2012), The_Durben (05-04-2012)

  17. #1369
    I'm a bit of a newbie. How do I use wallpaper jpegifier. I have a gps based lockscreen, but the wallpaper background is not themed like the theme should be

  18. #1370
    Quote Originally Posted by mad1206 View Post
    I'm a bit of a newbie. How do I use wallpaper jpegifier. I have a gps based lockscreen, but the wallpaper background is not themed like the theme should be
    What theme are you using? can you post a link?

  19. #1371
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Personally I don't leave Sig.Change on as I want to know when another app is using location services. I just turn on/off again if I change cities. Sig.Change need only be left in if you want the city to update on its own as you travel. Other than that there is no need.
    I do the same as I do not need constant gps update. A "gps-update on demand" is enough for me.
    I have rewritten the web server method so that the latitude and longitude are now saved in /var/mobile/Documents/myLocation.txt in the same way the MyLocation app is doing it.
    So now I can use any previous GPS-based lockscreen/widget that used the myLocation.txt file without editing any of them, but I do not need the MyLocation app at all now, just open Safari at "http://127.0.0.1/index.html" and gps is updated.
    The new web server files, index.html and run.php, have been put into a Cydia package, look for "GPS for web server" (Utilitiy section) at MMUS repo (apt.mmus.us).
    Sometimes it works instantly, sometimes it does take a bit of time for the update on the lockscreen (depends on signal strength and how that GPS based theme/widget is written in terms of location/weather update) and sometimes it does not work at all, which might be my fault as I have a Safari bookmark to "http://127.0.0.1/", but I also have a index.php - experimental file - which might be called instead of index.html.
    When using the http://127.0.0.1/index.html in Safari I get a gps update success rate of 70%, when I reload that page this goes to 99%.
    Not perfect, but working.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 05-24-2012 at 03:21 PM.

  20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

    It's Mi (05-10-2012), King_O_Hill (05-05-2012), lostinthemes (05-08-2012), makis_81 (05-23-2012), poofster1 (05-05-2012), Schnedi (05-23-2012), The_Durben (05-04-2012)

  21. #1372
    file://localhost/var/stash/Themes.J4nJLH/LS%20Speed%20GPS.theme/
    /var/stash/Themes.J4nJLH/LS Speed GPS.theme

  22. #1373
    My iPhone is a Part of Me kimvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    634
    Thanks
    3,024
    Thanked 549 Times in 331 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yes this can be done and you are kinda in the wrong thread. Go to the UniAW thread and read through the first page. Ian Nicholl has a version that is animated weather only. start there and if you have any questions, post them over there and there are plenty of us that can help you. Shortcut to UniAW
    That figures being in the wrong place! Thanks for your help and I'll look through that thread.

  23. #1374
    First time on this thread how would I get this to work on 5.1 trying to make durbens minimal gps sb work

  24. #1375
    Quote Originally Posted by bAdkid View Post
    First time on this thread how would I get this to work on 5.1 trying to make durbens minimal gps sb work
    Go to page 59 and read my post there. You'll be good after that.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (05-04-2012)

  26. #1376
    Quote Originally Posted by mad1206 View Post
    file://localhost/var/stash/Themes.J4nJLH/LS%20Speed%20GPS.theme/
    /var/stash/Themes.J4nJLH/LS Speed GPS.theme
    That is the location on your phone. I need to know where on this forum you got it from.

    I don't have access to your phone!


    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Go to page 59 and read my post there. You'll be good after that.
    Doesn't anyone take the time to read stuff anymore?
    I know when i find something new and interesting, i go through the whole thread.

    Hey Crazy, how about posting on the first page on top in big letters that states

    "Does not work on 5.1!"

    with a link or rewrite of the quick fix to add a MyLocation.txt file.

    Edit:

    Nevermind, people wouldn't read it anyway.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 05-05-2012 at 02:41 AM.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    The_Durben (05-05-2012)

  28. #1377
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Nevermind, people wouldn't read it anyway.

    Sad, but true!

    Quote Originally Posted by bAdkid View Post
    First time on this thread how would I get this to work on 5.1 trying to make durbens minimal gps sb work
    You could try the Web Server method, that should work on 5.1, but you need jailbreak!
    Last edited by rasputin007; 05-05-2012 at 02:45 AM.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (05-05-2012)

  30. #1378
    I've got some problem with the "Mylocation" app. I can't open it, everytime I tried it crash
    Anyone have the same problem?Where I can find the .IPA file? or any suggestion to solve the problem?
    PLEASE HELP ME GUYS!!!!!

  31. #1379
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChester View Post
    I've got some problem with the "Mylocation" app. I can't open it, everytime I tried it crash
    Anyone have the same problem?Where I can find the .IPA file? or any suggestion to solve the problem?
    PLEASE HELP ME GUYS!!!!!
    Are you on iOS 5.0.1?
    If no then stop reading.
    If yes then read on.
    Check that you have a /var/mobile/Documents folder on your iPhone, if you have, then use iFile to change the permission for "Group" to read/write (default is read only!).
    If you don't have a /var/mobile/Documents folder, then create one and set the permission to read/write for User and Group.
    Reboot and open MyLocation app, should work now.

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

    CrazyChester (05-05-2012), King_O_Hill (05-05-2012), metaserph (05-25-2012)

  33. #1380
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Are you on iOS 5.0.1?
    If no then stop reading.
    If yes then read on.
    Check that you have a /var/mobile/Documents folder on your iPhone, if you have, then use iFile to change the permission for "Group" to read/write (default is read only!).
    If you don't have a /var/mobile/Documents folder, then create one and set the permission to read/write for User and Group.
    Reboot and open MyLocation app, should work now.
    Thanks man! You just saved me, cause I was really going crazy to figure out what was wrong

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyChester For This Useful Post:

    rasputin007 (05-05-2012)

Page 69 of 136 FirstFirst ... 19 596768697071 79 119 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •