+ Reply
Page 67 of 136 FirstFirst ... 17 576566676869 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2706

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
@KingOH, Yes, I want to dump 5day forecast and just have the high and low of the day. And possibly add humidity, sunrise and sunset.. I know that's ask for
    Green Apple
    Thanks

@KingOH,

Yes, I want to dump 5day forecast and just have the high and low of the day. And possibly add humidity, sunrise and sunset.. I know that's ask for a lot. But I think it's doable, right? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    are you wanting to just remove the weather icons for the forecast? or are you looking to dump the forecast all together and just have the high and low for the current day?

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,374 Times in 5,997 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdvo View Post
    @KingOH,

Yes, I want to dump 5day forecast and just have the high and low of the day. And possibly add humidity, sunrise and sunset.. I know that's ask for a lot. But I think it's doable, right? Thanks.
    yes, it is doable. i will look at it later, unless someone else gets to it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

jdvo (04-27-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy I am having issue's with the my location app....
    Im using: Iphone 4 32 gb iOS 5.1 with a tethered jailbreak. I just got this phone and it already had iOS 5.1 on it. Its factory unlocked which is nice.
    But, My location app wont launch !!!!! I had the same problem with my other iphone but it finally launched. But that phone is an iphone 4 on iOS 5.0.1 untethered.

Next step is to check the program parameters when i find where the program is installed....

So, Does anyone have any ideas as to why mylocation app that comes with crazyviveks GPS Lockscreen Weather? I tried re-installing to no avail...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 548 Posts

Is there instructions in this thread, if so I missed them, on how I would update a widget setup for yahoo weather or some other source to use GPS? I have some widgets I really like, but I really can't go back to non-gps enabled weather after using these. I'm a complete newbie, so I am looking for an easy guide if thats even possible. Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonny6964 View Post
    Im using: Iphone 4 32 gb iOS 5.1 with a tethered jailbreak. I just got this phone and it already had iOS 5.1 on it. Its factory unlocked which is nice.
    But, My location app wont launch !!!!! I had the same problem with my other iphone but it finally launched. But that phone is an iphone 4 on iOS 5.0.1 untethered.

Next step is to check the program parameters when i find where the program is installed....

So, Does anyone have any ideas as to why mylocation app that comes with crazyviveks GPS Lockscreen Weather? I tried re-installing to no avail...
    MyLocation app is not compatible with 5.1, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by jjk454ss View Post
    Is there instructions in this thread, if so I missed them, on how I would update a widget setup for yahoo weather or some other source to use GPS? I have some widgets I really like, but I really can't go back to non-gps enabled weather after using these. I'm a complete newbie, so I am looking for an easy guide if thats even possible. Thanks
    as far as i know, no one has made any kind of tutorial on how to convert old widgets.

you would have to have a decent understanding of HTML, JS & CSS or just jump in and start comparing files. if you can post one of your widgets, we may be able to get you pointed in the right direction if you want to learn.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 04-27-2012 at 09:01 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

jjk454ss (04-28-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

as far as i know, no one has made any kind of tutorial on how to convert old widgets.

you would have to have a decent understanding of HTML, JS & CSS or just jump in and start comparing files. if you can post one of your widgets, we may be able to get you pointed in the right direction if you want to learn.
    Dacal did about 30-50 pages back. ****** if I can find it though!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

jjk454ss (04-28-2012), King_O_Hill (04-28-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    If you find it, why not request that a link be added to the front page for it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

jjk454ss (04-28-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonny6964 View Post

It is as King said, MyLocation app does not work on iOS 5.1!
    However there is an alternative, apart from Native Weather Widget. I am currently working on it and I got it working so far, but there are still a few little "niggles" that need sorting. The good news is that this will run on any iDevice on any firmware. I tried it on my 2G which runs a Whited00r 5 firmware, which is still a OS 3.1.3 under the bonnet, and the 2G has no GPS chip, but still I got the GPS coordinates for the GPS based weather lockscreen.
    So there is light at the tunnel regarding the GPS based lockscreens/widgets development.

Quote Originally Posted by jjk454ss View Post
    Not in the sense of "it is all in one post", it is more like it is all in one thread with over 60 pages. All the bits and pieces are spread around in this thread.
    Maybe someone could pick them and put them together?
    Last edited by rasputin007; 04-28-2012 at 05:21 AM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

jjk454ss (04-28-2012), KraXik (04-28-2012), The_Durben (04-28-2012)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

MyLocation app is not compatible with 5.1, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    However there is an alternative, apart from Native Weather Widget. I am currently working on it and I got it working so far, but there are still a few little "niggles" that need sorting. The good news is that this will run on any iDevice on any firmware. I tried it on my 2G which runs a Whited00r 5 firmware, which is still a OS 3.1.3 under the bonnet, and the 2G has no GPS chip, but still I got the GPS coordinates for the GPS based weather lockscreen.
    So there is light at the tunnel regarding the GPS based lockscreens/widgets development.

Not in the sense of "it is all in one post", it is more like it is all in one thread with over 60 pages. All the bits and pieces are spread around in this thread.
    Maybe someone could pick them and put them together?
    OK, thanks for the help. I will keep reading about it, I'm certainly no expert anyway, but I like to try to figure it out myself if I can. But comparing widgets, I couldn't get it. If someone ever decides to write something up, or finds Decals instructions that would be great. Thanks for the replies.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,567 Times in 4,078 Posts

Page 44 is where you will find dacal's tutorial
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

elilab (04-29-2012), lostinthemes (04-30-2012), metaserph (04-28-2012), rasputin007 (04-28-2012)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Page 44 is where you will find dacal's tutorial
    Sweet, thank you.

Thanks

ras, if you need someone to test it, i have a spare iph4 that i use just for testing. i would be happy to give anything that you have a test drive and give you feedback.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (04-28-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Would love to see this as i'm running ipod 2g....

21. The Following User Says Thank You to poofster1 For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (04-28-2012)

Thanks

ras, if you need someone to test it, i have a spare iph4 that i use just for testing. i would be happy to give anything that you have a test drive and give you feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by poofster1 View Post

Would love to see this as i'm running ipod 2g....
    As I said this is early stage, so don't expect a perfect working first time.
    I tried it on my 3GS (iOS 5.0.1) and my 2G (OS 3.1.3) and it worked on both.
    For more info look at THIS.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

elilab (04-29-2012), King_O_Hill (04-28-2012), metaserph (04-28-2012), poofster1 (04-28-2012), stratnik (04-30-2012), The_Durben (04-28-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

Great idea dude. Hope I get some time this week to play around with this. Just read your long arse post lol and it's interesting for sure. Just a quick thought, instead of bookmarking the web page to Homescreen could it not be an onclick method to run it right from the lock like with a little refresh button? Or when the web page opens it asks about allowing location service to be used first?

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-28-2012), metaserph (04-28-2012), rasputin007 (04-29-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,505 Times in 3,960 Posts

Holy cow, dude. Awesome work. You get that!! I'm seriously impressed.

I need that 5.1untethered.
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 04-28-2012 at 06:18 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-28-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow man this is awesome...all setup will try it out later....

29. The Following User Says Thank You to poofster1 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-28-2012)

Thanks

it does work exactly as you say! nice work! I'm not sure what I can add to this, as it is a little beyond me, but i can learn and offer any testing as i travel around a lot. At least within a couple of hours of home base.

you code for animated weather is of the hook!!! Do you mind if I play with it?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (04-29-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdvo View Post
    @KingOH,

ok, lets start here:

open up the "setup.js" file and change "var showForecast = true" to "var showForecast = false"
    this will eliminate the forecast. That is the easy part.

I have added the "Hi/Lo" for the current day by adding a couple of lines in the "widget.html" file I have attached.
    I can add the other elements if you want, but i wanted to make sure i was heading in the right direction before i got too far.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 04-29-2012 at 12:49 AM.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (05-10-2012), lostinthemes (04-30-2012), rasputin007 (04-29-2012), The_Durben (04-29-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Great idea dude. Hope I get some time this week to play around with this. Just read your long arse post lol and it's interesting for sure. Just a quick thought, instead of bookmarking the web page to Homescreen could it not be an onclick method to run it right from the lock like with a little refresh button? Or when the web page opens it asks about allowing location service to be used first?
    Oh, I tried that in more then one way, with link, pop-up window, quickflip and jquery data button to object data... anything I could think or read about. None worked because Winterboard blocks geolocation code, that's why you can not run the geolocation javascript in the LockBackground.html in the first place.
    That's the reason why I had to go this detour over the iPhone web server.

it does work exactly as you say! nice work! I'm not sure what I can add to this, as it is a little beyond me, but i can learn and offer any testing as i travel around a lot. At least within a couple of hours of home base.

you code for animated weather is of the hook!!! Do you mind if I play with it?
    Please feel free to change the theme design, I am a lousy designer, no talent and far too sloppy. I rather stick to the code framework, but have to put some design to it to show an example

Regarding help, that would be more on the code side, maybe with less mix & match from server-side code (php) and client-side code (javascript). I actually was looking for a geolcation script for php, as php, being server-side code, can be run at set intervals on a web server. Actually thinking about it now it might be possible to have a cron job. Never worked with cron before, hmm ... calling a webpage from the shell script, now that's an idea

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-30-2012), stratnik (04-30-2012), The_Durben (04-29-2012)

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2013, 02:27 PM
  2. 03-15-2013, 10:09 AM
  3. 08-11-2012, 12:06 AM
  4. 03-03-2012, 12:38 PM