+ Reply
Page 66 of 136 FirstFirst ... 16 566465666768 76 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2706

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by jdvo I am able to get GPS Weather to work but for some reason, not this theme. Not sure why weather is not show up. I haven't
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,051 Times in 3,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdvo View Post
    I am able to get GPS Weather to work but for some reason, not this theme. Not sure why weather is not show up. I haven't modified anything from the downloaded file. http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...her-theme.html. This is driving me nuts.
    Are you 100% sure your other GPS widgets are working off GPS, all (or most) of my UniAW GPS widgets are coded so if there is no "myLocation.txt" file found they will revert to using the weather code. Just a thought.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

elilab (04-25-2012), King_O_Hill (04-23-2012), lostinthemes (04-24-2012), rasputin007 (04-24-2012), The_Durben (04-24-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

That's a good point, Ian!
    Did not thought about that.
    That could mean MyLocation app is not working at all, but the GPS based widgets/themes from you are still working and any widget/theme that relies on myLocation.txt is not.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-24-2012), King_O_Hill (04-24-2012)

Theme Creator-Animation Coder Coop2009's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,852 Times in 1,572 Posts

If anybody needs weather images you should check out www.theweatherimagerepo.com was set up by gunny and myself with collective images from some top guys round these forums

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Coop2009 For This Useful Post:

elilab (04-25-2012), Ian Nicoll (04-24-2012), It's Mi (04-24-2012), King_O_Hill (04-24-2012), lostinthemes (04-24-2012), RKO1195 (06-17-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crazyvivek View Post
    This is my first Lockscreen theme! Hope you like it!

Download from Cydia : Search for "GPS Weather Lockscreen"
    ModMyi.com | GPS Weather Lockscreen
    Download from Cydia : "Wallpaper JPEGifier" as the theme uses lockscreen wallpaper as background. (requires respring after changing wallpaper)

Features :
    -------------
    - The theme does not require manually editing the weather location codes.
    - The location code is obtained automatically via Yahoo Place Finder API based on your latitude/longitude.
    - The weather/location is refreshed automatically when you move to a new place.

The theme is divided into two parts
    1. "HTML theme" - that reads your co-ordinates and then displays weather and location.
    2. "Application" - that uses Location Services to get your co-ordinates (latitude/longitude).

Installation Instructions :
    ==================
    1. Download the theme from Cydia
    2. Open application MyLocation from your homescreen and turn on "Sig. Change" only. Allow application to use Location Services and then close the application.

Note:
    ====
    1. This theme uses Location Services and the location services icon will always be visible on the status bar
    2. In the application "MyLocation" turn on only Sig. Change. This is more battery efficient as per Apple. For more information read "Significant-Change Location Service" https://developer.apple.com/library/...eLocation.html
    3. The application needs to be launched only once after installation. The location will be updated even if the application is terminated by the user or ios. There is no need to relaunch the application after reboot.
    4. I have tested this on ios 5.01/iPhone 4

And finally the theme.

Attachment 568278

Thankyou...

==================================
    Donate via PayPal to [email protected]
    ==================================
    It didn't work on FW 5.0.1 because it crashed when i opened MyLocation on my Homescreen. There is no way i can turn on "Sig. Change" only. help me, please? thanks!!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,683 Times in 4,004 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by glacius7 View Post
    It didn't work on FW 5.0.1 because it crashed when i opened MyLocation on my Homescreen. There is no way i can turn on "Sig. Change" only. help me, please? thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by glacius7 View Post
    It didn't work when i tried to open MyLocation Icon on the Homescreen because it crashed when i opened it. Does it work on FW 5.0.1? Help me anyone? thanks!
    Navigate to
    Var/mobile/documents

Find the mylocation.txt file.

Press the little blue arrow and make sure owner and the other one are both set to mobile.

Then make sure all three things below that say read, write, execute. If not, change them to say it.

Then, reboot for extra measure. The mylocation app should open fine then.

Hope this makes sense, lemme know if this helped.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

metaserph (04-24-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi Rasputin007,

I tried as you have stated and it still didn't work.
    Themes that are currently working for me is ModMyi.com | GPS Weather Lockscreen and the original Animiated HTC Weather for PPHTML.
    Other non GPS based weather themes work, no problem. For some reason, I can not get this GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme-previewmod.jpg or this theme to work. ModMyi.com | HTC Animated Weather Widget for PPHTML + GPS + Calendar. Appreciate your help.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Is that widget this one, ModMyi.com | HTC Animated Weather Widget for PPHTML + GPS + Calendar ?
    You said that other GPS based weather themes are working OK, right?
    That is bizzare, as all GPS based weather themes/widgets only rely on this /var/mobile/Documents/myLocation.txt file. If some GPS weather themes work, but this one is not then there is a bug in this one. Try reinstall.
    Then copy the complete folder (use iFile!) of this widget from /var/mobile/Library/PerPageHTML into the Winterboard theme folder and rename Widget.html to LockBackground.html, select the theme and respring.
    This seems to be the issues. Weather GPS themes that only rely on MyLocation app works. But not the ones that uses myLocation.txt Also noting that myLocation.txt file was never automatically generated when I ran ModMyi.com | HTC Animated Weather Widget for PPHTML + GPS + Calendar
    I had to create my the .txt file and put it in the right folder.

That could mean MyLocation app is not working at all, but the GPS based widgets/themes from you are still working and any widget/theme that relies on myLocation.txt is not.
    Last edited by jdvo; 04-24-2012 at 08:35 AM.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,120 Times in 6,257 Posts

Hi Rasputin007,

I tried as you have stated and it still didn't work.
    Themes that are currently working for me is ModMyi.com | GPS Weather Lockscreen and the original Animiated HTC Weather for PPHTML.
    Other non GPS based weather themes work, no problem. For some reason, I can not get this Attachment 581965 or this theme to work. ModMyi.com | HTC Animated Weather Widget for PPHTML + GPS + Calendar. Appreciate your help.

This seems to be the issues. Weather GPS themes that only rely on MyLocation app works. But not the ones that uses myLocation.txt Also noting that myLocation.txt file was never automatically generated when I ran ModMyi.com | HTC Animated Weather Widget for PPHTML + GPS + Calendar
    I had to create my the .txt file and put it in the right folder.
    OK, I'm confused here. The MyLocation app is what generates the mylocation.txt file which is what every GPS widget uses to get location. If you did not already have the mylocation.txt file in your documents folder then i don't see how any of your GPS widgets would work??? Most of the GPS widgets have the ability to turn GPS off, are you sure that you are actually using the GPS and not just a static location?

Can you post a screenshot of what it is doing?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-24-2012), The_Durben (04-24-2012)

Thanks

@ jdvo,
    Do you have the GPS icon in your status bar?

If you go to "Settings/Location Services" on your phone do you see "MyLocation" on with the GPS symbol next to it?

On 5.0.1 you shouldn't have to manually make the myLocation.txt file, I think something is not right with your "My Location" app.
    How long ago did you install it? In the very first release it required you to get an APPID & input this into the location.js file.

I would say delete it via Cydia or the same method you installed it, (make sure it's gone) then in Cydia search for "GPS Weather Lockscreen" (by crazyvivek) and install.

Once you have reinstalled it, open the app and allow it to use your location, I then switch off Sig.Change, switch on & off the other two then switch on Sig.Change.

I just deleted mine and reinstalled it right now and all is good.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 04-24-2012 at 09:45 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-24-2012), lostinthemes (04-25-2012), The_Durben (04-24-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ian, I do have the very first MyLocation app in which I have to manually input the APPID.

GPS icon is active on status bar. Purple arrow is on in Settings for MyLocation app.

Here is my screen shot of the lockscreen and Springboard. My LS is GPS based and locates me at my current location. My SB is using a static weather location theme. All works fine.
    GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme-img_2556.png
    GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme-img_2557.png

Here is the PPHTML with MyLocation app on. No MyLocation.txt file was generated when I ran it. I have to manually put a file in there, still not weathe info. I made sure it was read, write and execute in iFile. Does the .txt file automatically get updated based on my location?
    GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme-img_2558.png

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    @ jdvo,
    Do you have the GPS icon in your status bar?

If you go to "Settings/Location Services" on your phone do you see "MyLocation" on with the GPS symbol next to it?

On 5.0.1 you shouldn't have to manually make the myLocation.txt file, I think something is not right with your "My Location" app.
    How long ago did you install it? In the very first release it required you to get an APPID & input this into the location.js file.

I would say delete it via Cydia or the same method you installed it, (make sure it's gone) then in Cydia search for "GPS Weather Lockscreen" (by crazyvivek) and install.

Once you have reinstalled it, open the app and allow it to use your location, I then switch off Sig.Change, switch on & off the other two then switch on Sig.Change.

I just deleted mine and reinstalled it right now and all is good.

Thanks

Ian, I do have the very first MyLocation app in which I have to manually input the APPID.

GPS icon is active on status bar. Purple arrow is on in Settings for MyLocation app.

Here is my screen shot of the lockscreen and Springboard. My LS is GPS based and locates me at my current location. My SB is using a static weather location theme. All works fine.
    Attachment 581988
    Attachment 581989

Here is the PPHTML with MyLocation app on. No MyLocation.txt file was generated when I ran it. I have to manually put a file in there, still not weathe info. I made sure it was read, write and execute in iFile. Does the .txt file automatically get updated based on my location?
    Attachment 581990
    I would do as Ian suggested and remove the MyLocation app that you currently have installed and download "GPS Weather Lockscreen" from cydia and do the same to activate - make sure that permissions are set correctly, turn "sig. change" on etc.

Yes, the mylocation.txt file should change when your location changes.

i would also try and re-download the widget again.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-24-2012), lostinthemes (04-25-2012), The_Durben (04-24-2012)

Thanks

Attachment 581988
    Attachment 581989

Attachment 581990
    The lock screen shows your coordinates and all seems to be working fine, (but I would still install the newer one I mentioned so no need the APPID + it's not correct having to make your own txt file.).

Don't know why the HTC widget isn't working for you, I just tested it and it's good.
    You can test it too:

1. Put your "myLocation.txt" file (case sensitive) directly into the theme's folder.

2. In the "js" folder open the "location.js" file and look for this line of code:
    jQuery.get('/private/var/mobile/Documents/myLocation.txt', function(appdata) {

3. Change that line of code so it looks like this:
    jQuery.get('myLocation.txt', function(appdata) {

If it STILL doesn't work for you try these coordinates in the "myLocation.txt" file: (definitely working as I just tried them)
    Lat=22.280610
    Long=114.178618

If it STILL.. doesn't work - re-download the theme.

Good luck

EDIT... So "King_O_Hill" posted some of the same advise while I was typing this, I'm too slow..
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 04-24-2012 at 10:57 AM.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (05-10-2012), King_O_Hill (04-24-2012), KraXik (04-24-2012), lostinthemes (04-25-2012), mymonkeyballs (07-14-2012), The_Durben (04-24-2012)

Thanks

it's nice to know that i am understanding this correctly!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-24-2012), The_Durben (04-24-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,561 Times in 7,513 Posts

I'm wondering if some of the issues people are having is because of Cydia settings when they download.
    Mine is always set to Developer (Cydia/Manage/Settings)
    Which seems to change your permissions on installing if you are only set up as user.
    Maybe people can change that and redownload it to test if they are only set as a user.
    Just really thinking out loud here and not really any fact as I haven't tried.
    Mine has always been set to Developer and I've not had any issue at all.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-24-2012), King_O_Hill (04-24-2012), lostinthemes (04-25-2012), metaserph (04-24-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    I'm wondering if some of the issues people are having is because of Cydia settings when they download.
    Mine is always set to Developer (Cydia/Manage/Settings)
    Which seems to change your permissions on installing if you are only set up as user.
    Maybe people can change that and redownload it to test if they are only set as a user.
    Just really thinking out loud here and not really any fact as I haven't tried.
    Mine has always been set to Developer and I've not had any issue at all.
    Mine is set to "User" & I've never had a problem, but a good idea though

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-25-2012), The_Durben (04-25-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,561 Times in 7,513 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Mine is set to "User" & I've never had a problem, but a good idea though
    Dang made sense when I was thinking of it.
    Oh well, thanks Ian

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-25-2012), King_O_Hill (04-25-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for Rasputin007 and Ian for the help.

Hi, I want to add a only the "high" and "low" instead of 5day forecast. Can someone help me with the codes. Thanks.
    Last edited by jdvo; 04-26-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks

Thanks for Rasputin007 and Ian for the help.

Hi, I want to add a only the "high" and "low" instead of 5day forecast. Can someone help me with the codes. Thanks.
    i gotta go, but if no one else helps you, i will later. What widget/theme are you using?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks, I'm using ModMyi.com | HTC Animated Weather Widget for PPHTML + GPS + Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    i gotta go, but if no one else helps you, i will later. What widget/theme are you using?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Sorry jdvo, I have not been here for a while. I was busy with something else.
    It seems that you finally got it working then. Congratz!
    This HTC Animated Weather Widget for PPHTML +GPS+Calendar is being made by frakman1. He certainly knows what you have to do.

Thanks

are you wanting to just remove the weather icons for the forecast? or are you looking to dump the forecast all together and just have the high and low for the current day?

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2013, 02:27 PM
  2. 03-15-2013, 10:09 AM
  3. 08-11-2012, 12:06 AM
  4. 03-03-2012, 12:38 PM