Page 65 of 136 FirstFirst ... 15 556364656667 75 115 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2706

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

Quote Originally Posted by zocker48 View Post
    Thats great man...hope you ll share it!
    That mod is being shared here: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...ml#post6491500

Thanks to Suby, Dacal and Durben for the widget code, personal thanks to Durben.

@Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to metaserph For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (04-21-2012), King_O_Hill (04-17-2012), The_Durben (04-17-2012)

I have a question why my gps widget Not show my city but a city near my about 5klm near to my city ??? Plzz help me !!!

That can have a couple of reasons.
    1.) the way your GPS location is determined,if you are inside then GPS satellites can not send their signal so a evaluation of your position is done by using different signal mast from your provider. The less signal masts are available the more inaccurate your location result. That can be easily kilometers of your actual position!
    2.) Yahoo Weather is mostly used by GPS widgets/LS to get the location name, aka city name, and it is up to Yahoo Weather how they set what GPS coordinates belongs to what city name.
    And even there are differences within Yahoo. Look at the 2 links below, same GPS coordinates, both Yahoo response files, but different city names, Gisborne and Sunbury. The first url is used to get the WOEID, but the city name can be taken from that as well. The second one is used to get the 5 day weather forecast and the city name can also be taken from that.
    http://where.yahooapis.com/geocode?l...lags=R&flags=J
    Yahoo! Weather - Sunbury, AS

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (04-22-2012), King_O_Hill (04-17-2012), KraXik (04-17-2012), lostinthemes (04-18-2012), metaserph (04-17-2012), The_Durben (04-17-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by idle0095 View Post
    Anyway to use weather underground or accuweather other then yahoo?
    I so agree. Yahoo weather is just so bad and inaccurate compared to AccuWeather or Weather Channel. Yahoo often says CLEAR when it's been raining all day. It's just the worst weather service out there - and yet it's become the "darling" of the weather widgets in the modding world. :-(
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-17-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    That can have a couple of reasons.
    1.) the way your GPS location is determined,if you are inside then GPS satellites can not send their signal so a evaluation of your position is done by using different signal mast from your provider. The less signal masts are available the more inaccurate your location result. That can be easily kilometers of your actual position!
    2.) Yahoo Weather is mostly used by GPS widgets/LS to get the location name, aka city name, and it is up to Yahoo Weather how they set what GPS coordinates belongs to what city name.
    And even there are differences within Yahoo. Look at the 2 links below, same GPS coordinates, both Yahoo response files, but different city names, Gisborne and Sunbury. The first url is used to get the WOEID, but the city name can be taken from that as well. The second one is used to get the 5 day weather forecast and the city name can also be taken from that.
    http://where.yahooapis.com/geocode?l...lags=R&flags=J
    Yahoo! Weather - Sunbury, AS
    And what can I do to fix it ???

Quote Originally Posted by spanomarkidis View Post
    And what can I do to fix it ???
    Not much if reason 1.) is the cause, maybe a different provider with better signal coverage.
    A bit easier if it is reason 2.), but needs code editing.
    For example GPS weather widgets/LS based on Yahoo Weather never show my village name, it is too small to be picked up by Yahoo. I always have the name of the next village as my location. However if I use the latitude and longitude to get google maps, then it has my village name. Sadly because I have a very thin signal coverage (no 3G or EDGE) my "current location" according to the GPS location through the signal masts (when I am inside) still can place me kilometers away from where I am in reality. So even after fixing the problem in reason 2.), along comes reason 1.) and everything is gone backwards.
    A perfect, but impracticable solution is to use google maps to get the location name (much more refined then Yahoo) and always stay outside to get the signal from 3 or 4 GPS satellites for very very accurate GPS data (that's the impracticable part).

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I so agree. Yahoo weather is just so bad and inaccurate compared to AccuWeather or Weather Channel. Yahoo often says CLEAR when it's been raining all day. It's just the worst weather service out there - and yet it's become the "darling" of the weather widgets in the modding world. :-(
    The problem I had with Accuweather is that it is great when you live in the US, but total crap here on the other side of the pond. It only had "preset" location and the closest to where I live is over 35 miles away.
    Other services require an AppID or key identifier and without those you will not get any weather data. OK, they are free to get, but there is a limit on how often you can request the weather data with that AppID. You go over that limit and you have to get a paid-for license. Common limit is about 20.000 request/day. Now imagine a theme like Elite Pro and lets say there are currently 10.000 copies running (either original or as various mods). After 2 updates (done in less then an hour!) the daily limit has been reached and the weather service cuts any further request off. I don't think I have to go any further, just let your imagination play.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 04-17-2012 at 05:30 PM.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (04-22-2012), King_O_Hill (04-17-2012), lostinthemes (04-18-2012), Schnedi (04-17-2012), The_Durben (04-18-2012)

Someone was asking for a flipclock with Animated Weather. I found these 2 while cleaning out some files.
    I believe they were done by Frakman1 with some help from Ras and a few others.
    I take no credit and i am sorry if i didn't give credit to everyone that may have helped in the creation of them.

These are both GPS and PPHTML. I tried them real quick to get screen shots, they appear to work fine.

Happy Widgeting!

Get it Here

Edit:

Ok, i went back to the page that i had one of the widgets on and i noticed that the time had not changed. it changed only upon a respring.(not sure whats going on there)

I since found this version (while still cleaning up) that gives you a "minimalist" option to eliminate the calendar. Please read the readme.txt file. Sorry to anyone that downloaded the first one.

I have updated the link for this one.

Again thanks to Frakman and Rasputin and anyone else that may have helped.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 04-18-2012 at 12:03 AM. Reason: OOOPS!

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (04-21-2012), jdvo (04-23-2012), jjk454ss (05-10-2012), metaserph (04-17-2012), The_Durben (04-18-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Golfinglenn's Avatar
    Thanks

Love the bottom one. Deleted the calendar files and like it even better!!!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Golfinglenn For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-17-2012)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,814 Times in 812 Posts

-img_0929.pngDoes anybody know why im getting my postcode instead of the town name please and is there a way i can change the postcode to my town manually Thanks
    Last edited by wirral59; 04-18-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Hi guys,

Here is a GPS Weather implementation based on the SIGMA theme (White theme) published by JimmyL in this subforrum (credit to him for the main theme).

For download, go to Sigma theme thread here:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...ml#post6493338

Credit to the main culprits: Dacal, Ian Nicoll, Durben, rasputin and schnedi & All.

Enjoy

Edit: This lock screen includes a slide show (Pics in the middle). You can use your own photos with a bit of editing.
    Last edited by Modeep; 04-18-2012 at 11:28 AM.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Modeep For This Useful Post:

Dacal (04-18-2012), Darrenrooster (04-24-2012), Dirtstep (04-18-2012), hemptation (04-18-2012), It's Mi (04-21-2012), lostinthemes (04-19-2012), metaserph (04-18-2012), sickchris714 (04-18-2012), The_Durben (04-18-2012)

Yes lets use weather underground. there the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post

Can this be used without PPHTLM? Use as a Winterboard theme? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Someone was asking for a flipclock with Animated Weather. I found these 2 while cleaning out some files.
    I believe they were done by Frakman1 with some help from Ras and a few others.
    I take no credit and i am sorry if i didn't give credit to everyone that may have helped in the creation of them.

These are both GPS and PPHTML. I tried them real quick to get screen shots, they appear to work fine.

Happy Widgeting!

Get it Here

Edit:

Ok, i went back to the page that i had one of the widgets on and i noticed that the time had not changed. it changed only upon a respring.(not sure whats going on there)

I since found this version (while still cleaning up) that gives you a "minimalist" option to eliminate the calendar. Please read the readme.txt file. Sorry to anyone that downloaded the first one.

I have updated the link for this one.

Again thanks to Frakman and Rasputin and anyone else that may have helped.

Quote Originally Posted by jdvo View Post
    Can this be used without PPHTLM? Use as a Winterboard theme? Thanks.
    If you have ifile you can change the widget HTML to wallpaper HTML. You will probably have to change the CSS top values to make it fit properly. That should work.

Thanks. I was able to get it to show up on my lockscreen but same problem happened in PPHTML = no weather info or weather icons showing up. Do I need libweather installed? I added mylocation.txt file and still no weather info in PPHTML. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Best01 View Post
    If you have ifile you can change the widget HTML to wallpaper HTML. You will probably have to change the CSS top values to make it fit properly. That should work.

Thanks. I was able to get it to show up on my lockscreen but same problem happened in PPHTML = no weather info or weather icons showing up. Do I need libweather installed? I added mylocation.txt file and still no weather info in PPHTML. Thanks for the help.
    Did you go into the my location app and turn sig on ( only that one ) if that doesn't work not sure then buddy.

Are you running iOS 5.0.1 or 5.1?

libweather is only for "Native" weather, this is GPS and would require "MyLocation" or the mylocation.txt file to be placed in the correct folder.

I'm on 5.0.1. I did place the mylocation.txt file as instructed and also have MyLocation app with Sig. Change turn on. Still, no weather info. I haven't changed anything else. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Are you running iOS 5.0.1 or 5.1?

libweather is only for "Native" weather, this is GPS and would require "MyLocation" or the mylocation.txt file to be placed in the correct folder.

No point in running this as Wallpaper.html, as this would be the same as having the Widget on every springboard page.
    Will work as LockBackground.html, but you might have to "move" everything down by 20px, fairly easy to do.
    The file you need is called myLocation.txt with capital "L" and should be in /var/mobile/Documents.
    Even if you don't have MyLocation app installed or it is not working, this will still work as long as the myLocation.txt file has these 2 lines

Lat=40.71277991970850
    Long=-73.96005841970849

replace the coordinates with the ones you want.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (04-24-2012)

I am able to get GPS Weather to work but for some reason, not this theme. Not sure why weather is not show up. I haven't modified anything from the downloaded file. http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...her-theme.html. This is driving me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    No point in running this as Wallpaper.html, as this would be the same as having the Widget on every springboard page.
    Will work as LockBackground.html, but you might have to "move" everything down by 20px, fairly easy to do.
    The file you need is called myLocation.txt with capital "L" and should be in /var/mobile/Documents.
    Even if you don't have MyLocation app installed or it is not working, this will still work as long as the myLocation.txt file has these 2 lines

Lat=40.71277991970850
    Long=-73.96005841970849

replace the coordinates with the ones you want.

Is that widget this one, ModMyi.com | HTC Animated Weather Widget for PPHTML + GPS + Calendar ?
    You said that other GPS based weather themes are working OK, right?
    That is bizzare, as all GPS based weather themes/widgets only rely on this /var/mobile/Documents/myLocation.txt file. If some GPS weather themes work, but this one is not then there is a bug in this one. Try reinstall.
    Then copy the complete folder (use iFile!) of this widget from /var/mobile/Library/PerPageHTML into the Winterboard theme folder and rename Widget.html to LockBackground.html, select the theme and respring.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 04-23-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Page 65 of 136 FirstFirst ... 15 556364656667 75 115 ... LastLast