Page 59 of 136 FirstFirst ... 9 495758596061 69 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2706

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

Thanks
    Thanked 20,821 Times in 4,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    I found that MyLocation can be rather inaccurate with my location. When I am at home/garden then MyLocation can place me from the neighbours house, in the middle of a field , simply miles away to the exact pinpoint spot where I am. But I have "thin" coverage (no 3G, no EDGE!).
    That is one problem, inaccurate position.
    Another is the location name, but that is Yahoo Weather's fault as they provide the service and the location name, that can be easily changed by using Google Maps to fetch the location information. Yahoo Weather does not know my village, only the next village and that's the name I see on the screen, but when using Google Map I get my village name.
    This is problem two, wrong location name.
    I knew from my initial research into GPS based weather that just a few lines of javascript will give you the GPS location in a html page. see my previous post, no need for anything else, BUT as crazyvivek also got stuck was that that code does not work on the lockscreen or as a widget, hence his creation of the MyLocation app.
    I have used the above code in my GPS Theme and it works a treat, but only in iFile's web browser. My suspicion is that this is a Winterboard bug, which does not allow LockBackground.html pages access to the GPS chip. I have contacted Saurik, but had no response so far. I don't know if it is Winterboard's fault, it might not be, but it has exactly the same symptoms of scrolling problems in LockBackground.html pages. In the above javascript there is a error function that displays "Failed" if you, for example, don't allow Safari the right to use your location. But on the lockscreen you get nothing , no GPS coordinates and no error message.
    If this is a Winterboard bug and it could be squashed, then there could be some progress in solving my problem one.
    Have to wait and see what Saurik is saying.
    Hi rasp,

Iv'e been trying with that GPS code too and not sure if its a WinterBoard thing as it also doesn't work in PerPageHTML.

I think the problem is: How do we get it to ask for permission to use our location? It's bypassing this.

I have attached the code here incase Dacal or anyone wants to have a try at getting it working on the iphone. It works fine in Safari but in my HTML editor with "Live View" it just shows the message that it didn't work, i.e no coordinates shown. Not sure how to give it permission to use my location on the phone??
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 04-03-2012 at 05:36 AM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

chg128 (04-03-2012), rasputin007 (04-03-2012), stratnik (04-03-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

That code would not work in my Dreamweaver CS 5.5 Live View either, just blank screen. However I got it to work in Chrome or Safari on PC and it showed me the GPS data of my IPS server somewhere in London.
    This is the link to the GPS animated weather theme with the simple javascript code that only works in iFile (quickflip also works in iFile's web viewer!), No-App- GPS-weather.rar

EDIT:
    Ian, I just tried your test.theme. It says "Didn't work!" in Safari on PC, but after I copied the files into /var/mobile/Documents and opened them with iFile's web viewer both html pages worked perfectly fine.
    The code is working, but just not on the lockscreen or as a PerPage+ widget.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 04-03-2012 at 05:59 AM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

chg128 (04-03-2012), Ian Nicoll (04-03-2012), stratnik (04-04-2012), The_Durben (04-03-2012)

That code would not work in my Dreamweaver CS 5.5 Live View either, just blank screen. However I got it to work in Chrome or Safari on PC and it showed me the GPS data of my IPS server somewhere in London.
    This is the link to the GPS animated weather theme with the simple javascript code that only works in iFile (quickflip also works in iFile's web viewer!), No-App- GPS-weather.rar

EDIT:
    Ian, I just tried your test.theme. It says "Didn't work!" in Safari on PC, but after I copied the files into /var/mobile/Documents and opened them with iFile's web viewer both html pages worked perfectly fine.

it is work on my mac safari,it show me current local weather

when i open the widget on my mac, safari it said THE WEBSITE " File://" would like to use your current location .

press allow,then it show me the weather
    Last edited by chg128; 04-03-2012 at 06:24 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to chg128 For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (04-03-2012)

Thanks

EDIT:
    Strange, it works fine in Safari on my Mac.
    Thanks for your Widget.
    Your correct, the code works fine, in iFile Web Viewer it asks you if it can use your location so no problem, Iv'e got no clue how to get it to ask this in WinterBoard or PerPageHTML, but for sure this is the problem, it works fine but needs to get permission to use your location.
    But how does that work??
    As you can see I tried this with the "Piggy Back" method but still no go!

We need to get WinterBoard and PerPageHTML+ onto this list and we will be good to go.

Not sure, but you might be able to somehow let the iphone know that the widget needs "Location Services" via a plist file in the theme, but I'm not sure how to do this.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screen-shot-2012-04-03-9.14.15-pm.png   -img_0548.png  
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 04-03-2012 at 08:16 AM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

chg128 (04-04-2012), elilab (04-09-2012), hemptation (04-03-2012), rasputin007 (04-03-2012), The_Durben (04-03-2012)

Thanks

That's an interesting thought, Ian!
    Well worth to be explored a bit further.

PS: could not test on Mac as I do not have one

EDIT:

Removed due to being pointless stuff!
    Last edited by rasputin007; 04-04-2012 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Updated

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

chg128 (04-04-2012), Ian Nicoll (04-03-2012)

edit

Me for today. Credits to Mone for the original lock, modded by me to tighten things up a bit, created a SB version as well, And added GPS UniAW to both the lock and springboard.

Heres a better look:
    Imageshack - imagekia.jpg

Imageshack - imagemxwq.jpg

If anyone wants to use this, here is a link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0ama6pc5v1d945c

You must have Crazyviek's GPS mod installed to use this. There are two folders inside the zip. one is the SpringBoard., one is the LockScreen. Place in your theme's file and check in winterboard. Colors may be changed in the style.css file.

Quote Originally Posted by iskarioT View Post
    Nice I see my carrier done his job
    Yes sir, thank you SOOOOO much for that! You were so bust making carriers last night. I appreciate your hard work.
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 04-03-2012 at 11:25 AM.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Destan (04-03-2012), Dirtstep (04-03-2012), Ian Nicoll (04-03-2012), jc4108 (04-03-2012), jjk454ss (04-03-2012), lostinthemes (04-04-2012), mrsmickey (04-03-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    edit

Me for today. Credits to Mone for the original lock, modded by me to tighten things up a bit, created a SB version as well, And added GPS UniAW to both the lock and springboard.

Heres a better look:

http://http://www.mediafire.com/?0ama6pc5v1d945c

You must have Crazyviek's GPS mod installed to use this. There are two folders inside the zip. one is the SpringBoard., one is the LockScreen. Place in your theme's file and check in winterboard. Colors may be changed in the style.css file.

Yes sir, thank you SOOOOO much for that! You were so bust making carriers last night. I appreciate your hard work.

Thank you but i think something is wrong with your link, i cant download...

Quote Originally Posted by Destan View Post
    Thank you but i think something is wrong with your link, i cant download...
    Fixed. Try again

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrsmickey's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks Mamajaay for the mod! Destan, the url is missing the colon, just add/insert in the " : " after http..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsmickey For This Useful Post:

Destan (04-03-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmickey View Post
    Thanks Mamajaay for the mod! Destan, the url is missing the colon, just add/insert in the " : " after http..
    Ohh, thanks man i did not see that lol

Hi guys! My iPhone is running on IOS 5.1 and i can't get MyLocation app to open. Is there any chance to get any of these amazing themes, you guys posted before, to work editing the weather location manually? If yes, how to do that? Apologies in advance if re-post.

Thanks a lot!!

Quote Originally Posted by Helgomes View Post
    Hi guys! My iPhone is running on IOS 5.1 and i can't get MyLocation app to open. Is there any chance to get any of these amazing themes, you guys posted before, to work editing the weather location manually? If yes, how to do that? Apologies in advance if re-post.

Thanks a lot!!
    It's not a real fix but you can use the weather widgets on 5.1
    You just don't get real time changes if you move.

You need to create a text file named myLocation.txt
    In it add the following but google your own city latitude and longitude and change the numbers in the example below to your city's
    Lat=49.25
    Long=-123.133333

Place the myLocation.txt in var/mobile/Documents

The weather widgets will pick up this info and give you conditions for the city you set.

20. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Atomic7 (06-03-2012), chevymusclecar (04-19-2012), crochunter84 (06-07-2012), DarkDei (05-12-2012), Darrenrooster (04-03-2012), EricB78 (05-26-2012), folch28 (05-26-2012), Helgomes (04-03-2012), Hip5 (05-29-2012), iammarcweezy (05-26-2012), Ian Nicoll (04-03-2012), iM7mAsRy (06-03-2012), indyzzzz (05-23-2012), It's Mi (05-02-2012), metaserph (05-22-2012), nateD (05-01-2012), nik1975 (05-22-2012), P0R7ER (05-31-2012), samsquanch (05-27-2012), TaJr12 (05-29-2012), Thierry U (05-17-2012), Tomme11 (05-28-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmickey View Post
    No problem! Just hit that thanks button.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Caleris (09-17-2012), Ian Nicoll (04-03-2012), mrsmickey (04-03-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    It's not a real fix but you can use the weather widgets on 5.1
    You just don't get real time changes if you move.

You need to create a text file named myLocation.txt
    In it add the following but google your own city latitude and longitude and change the numbers in the example below to your city's
    Lat=49.25
    Long=-123.133333

Place the myLocation.txt in var/mobile/Documents

The weather widgets will pick up this info and give you conditions for the city you set.

Man, thanks a million. Worked like a charm!! Keep up with the great work!!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Helgomes For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (04-03-2012)

@Jaay
    Was wondering two things;
    How do I change the color of the clock and temperature?
    And my temp shows C (what i want) but the value must be for F (it's 1C here), where do I change the value?
    Thank you in advance

Edit: i found out about the color, just temp. problem now,
    Last edited by Destan; 04-03-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destan View Post
    @Jaay
    Was wondering two things;
    How do I change the color of the clock and temperature?
    And my temp shows C (what i want) but the value must be for F (it's 1C here), where do I change the value?
    Thank you in advance

Edit: i found out about the color, just temp. problem now,
    The only option in the code is to change it to German. That makes C display, but then the words are in German. I suppose you could the go and change the array (list) back to English words from there.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Destan (04-04-2012)

Thanks

That's an interesting thought, Ian!
    Well worth to be explored a bit further.

PS: could not test on Mac as I do not have one

EDIT:

Could you try this link on your Mac with Safari, http://iphone.mmus.us/mytest/test1/LockBackground.html
    It is the same theme only on a server.
    My Windows Safari asks to allow location access, which I allow but then nothing happens.
    Hi rasp,

Yep, the link seems to work fine in Safari on the Mac, it asks for permission, I say OK, then it looks like the screen shot below, but I am currently in an "Unknown" location so this will be why the weather isn't loading.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screen-shot-2012-04-04-11.23.52-am.png  
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 04-04-2012 at 12:56 AM.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

chg128 (04-04-2012), It's Mi (05-10-2012), rasputin007 (04-04-2012)

The only option in the code is to change it to German. That makes C display, but then the words are in German. I suppose you could the go and change the array (list) back to English words from there.
    Ok, i will try that.

Thank you

edit

Heres a better look:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0ama6pc5v1d945c

I have little probleme. The update for the location don t work on my device. All other widget with GPS work

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Hi rasp,

Yep, the link seems to work fine in Safari on the Mac, it asks for permission, I say OK, then it looks like the screen shot below, but I am currently in an "Unknown" location so this will be why the weather isn't loading.
    No. its not because of the Unknown location, it is something else. I got the same when using Google Maps.
    Thanks for trying, but that is a fruitless option and I stop looking that way.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

chg128 (04-04-2012), Ian Nicoll (04-04-2012)

Page 59 of 136 FirstFirst ... 9 495758596061 69 109 ... LastLast