Page 50 of 136 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 60 100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2706

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

This is for me today.

Download: LS TopSS.theme.rar

Hope u like it.

Creds goes to schnedi for the main idea.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kyle_ For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (04-03-2012), kruzzit (03-23-2012), lostinthemes (03-22-2012), Mobili (03-24-2012), phil73 (03-22-2012), pnunez1310 (03-22-2012)

Hi, downloaded this free app (thanks very much by the way) - tried to open the "my location" app and nothing happens, it seems like it starts to try to open something but doesn't get there.
    I'm in Canada, on a jailbroken and unlocked iphone4s with rogers.....any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by chg128 View Post
    i dont think it is slow the last update time,i got the same before,when the TEMP change,the time just chagne !

i use it on Perpage ,i think lot better .i use the original GPS widget !

Nice setup chg128

Can you share ?

i'm testing another code for the last update....

for the moment is working fine....
    Last edited by Schnedi; 03-22-2012 at 01:50 PM.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Schnedi For This Useful Post:

elilab (03-22-2012), Ian Nicoll (03-23-2012), King_O_Hill (03-22-2012), phil73 (03-22-2012), ruedi04 (03-22-2012), stratnik (03-22-2012), The_Durben (03-22-2012), zocker48 (03-22-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Durbin007 View Post
    Hi, downloaded this free app (thanks very much by the way) - tried to open the "my location" app and nothing happens, it seems like it starts to try to open something but doesn't get there.
    I'm in Canada, on a jailbroken and unlocked iphone4s with rogers.....any suggestions?
    Are you on 5.1? If so, it won't work. Only works on 5.0.1 and under for now...Crazy will try to update when 5.1 untethered comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by moronoron View Post
    Are you on 5.1? If so, it won't work. Only works on 5.0.1 and under for now...Crazy will try to update when 5.1 untethered comes around.
    No, I'm on 5.01....not sure what the issue is, thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by schnedi View Post

Looks great!

If you got iFile the go to /var/mobile and tap the right arrow (right hand side) of the Documents folder, this will open the Documents folder property page, scroll down and change the Access Permission to read/write for Group and World, reboot and see if it works now.
    Default is that only the User (root) has read and write access to the Documents folder, so unless MyLocation is run by root, MyLocation will not be granted to create a myLoctation.txt file in the Documents folder. Without being able to create a myLocation.txt file the App might simply close, but this is just guess work.
    In case you do not have iFile you can do that with FileZilla as well.
    Crazyvivek should be able to comment on this.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 03-22-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    If you got iFile the go to /var/mobile and tap the right arrow (right hand side) of the Documents folder, this will open the Documents folder property page, scroll down and change the Access Permission to read/write for Group and World, reboot and see if it works now.
    Default is that only the User (root) has read and write access to the Documents folder, so unless MyLocation is run by root, MyLocation will not be granted to create a myLoctation.txt file in the Documents folder. Without being able to create a myLocation.txt file the App might simply close, but this is just guess work.
    In case you do not have iFile you can do that with FileZilla as well.
    Crazyvivek should be able to comment on this.
    Thanks, I don't have ifile and am not sure I'm advanced enough to use it....appreciate the idea though.

Great, I hope it will work properly.

i guess i talked too fast :S

this is the code.... it's modded from dacal/Ian nicoll code

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">

function lastupdate () {
    var currentTime = new Date();
    var currentHours = currentTime.getHours();
    var currentMinutes = currentTime.getMinutes() < 10 ? '0' + currentTime.getMinutes() : currentTime.getMinutes();
    var currentSeconds = currentTime.getSeconds() < 10 ? '0' + currentTime.getSeconds() : currentTime.getSeconds();
    var currentDate = currentTime.getDate() < 10 ? '0' + currentTime.getDate() : currentTime.getDate();
    timeOfDay = ( currentHours < 12 ) ? "am" : "pm";

if (ampm == false) {
    	timeOfDay = "";
    	currentHours = ( currentHours < 10 ? "0" : "" ) + currentHours;
    	currentTimeString = currentHours + ":" + currentMinutes;
    	} else {
    	currentHours = ( currentHours > 12 ) ? currentHours - 12 : currentHours;
    	currentHours = ( currentHours == 0 ) ? 12 : currentHours;
    }
    	document.getElementById("lastupdate").innerHTML = "Last update: " + currentTimeString + " " + timeOfDay;
    }

</script>

Code:
    	<div id="lastupdate">
    	<script language="JavaScript">lastupdate(); setInterval('lastupdate()', 15*60*1000 )</script>
           </div>

but the refresh interval 15*60*1000 has to be manually changed (minutes) to the same time interval given in the Config.js/Setup.js to refresh the weather.

maybe with a little of work can be "redirected" to the same time given in Config.js/Setup.js without edited manually?....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnedi For This Useful Post:

stratnik (03-23-2012)

Code:

function lastupdate () {
    var currentMinutes = currentTime.getMinutes() < 10 ? '0' + currentTime.getMinutes() : currentTime.getMinutes();
    var currentSeconds = currentTime.getSeconds() < 10 ? '0' + currentTime.getSeconds() : currentTime.getSeconds();
    var currentDate = currentTime.getDate() < 10 ? '0' + currentTime.getDate() : currentTime.getDate();

if (ampm == false) {
    	timeOfDay = "";
    	} else {
    }
    	document.getElementById("lastupdate").innerHTML = "Last update: " + currentTimeString + " " + timeOfDay;
    }

</script>

Code:
    	<div id="lastupdate">
    	<script language="JavaScript">lastupdate(); setInterval('lastupdate()', 15*60*1000 )</script>
           </div>

but the refresh interval 15*60*1000 has to be manually changed (minutes) to the same time interval given in the Config.js/Setup.js to refresh the weather.

maybe with a little of work can be "redirected" to the same time given in Config.js/Setup.js without edited manually?....
    Hi bro, javascript is useless if you already have the code for the clock in the main javascript, like me. Just need to add this line in the dealWithWeather function :

document.getElementById("lastupdate").innerHTML = "Last update | " + currentTimeString + " " + timeOfDay;
    And off course a DIV in the HTML and section in CSS.

It's what i use to see how often the widget update and when. But it don't correspond to the time yahoo update the weater. For this, need to get the information from the XML.
    Last edited by Dacal; 03-22-2012 at 04:20 PM.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

elilab (03-23-2012), Schnedi (03-22-2012), stratnik (03-23-2012), The_Durben (03-22-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    Hi bro, javascript is useless if you already have the code for the clock in the main javascript, like me. Just need to add this line in the dealWithWeather function :

And off course a DIV in the HTML and section in CSS.

It's what i use to see how often the widget update and when. But it don't correspond to the time yahoo update the weater. For this, need to get the information from the XML.

yep, i tried it too

document.getElementById("lastupdate").innerHTML = "Last update | " + currentTimeString + " " + timeOfDay;
    but then the last update clock refreshed as the normal clock

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnedi For This Useful Post:

stratnik (03-23-2012)

yep, i tried it too

but then the last update clock refreshed as the normal clock
    You must put this in dealwithweather function, this function is only called when the weather refresh.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

bombmom (03-22-2012), elilab (03-23-2012), Schnedi (03-22-2012), stratnik (03-23-2012), The_Durben (03-22-2012)

i like it, but think it would look better with the weather image at the top! JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    You must put this in dealwithweather function, this function is only called when the weather refresh.

ok, this means it can't be used with the old script.... ?

ok, this means it can't be used with the old script.... ?
    It can be used with any script that already have a clock . Just to adapt a little if needed

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

elilab (03-23-2012), Schnedi (03-22-2012)

ok. thanks.

BTW i could do what you said in your guide, but i deleted the line var gps = true or false and now it's enough changing from 0 to the zip code (as uniaw). your AWESOME!!! thanks a lot

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Schnedi For This Useful Post:

Darrenrooster (03-22-2012), elilab (03-23-2012), The_Durben (03-22-2012)

Code:

function lastupdate () {

if (ampm == false) {
    	timeOfDay = "";
    	} else {
    }
    }

</script>

Code:
    	<div id="lastupdate">
           </div>

I think you are missing the point.
    If you use a getDate function it will fetch the current time on your iPhone, which is not the time the weather xml response was last updated.
    That last updated time is part of the xml response file, see Yahoo! Weather - Sunbury, AS
    You find that the "lastBuildDate" is identical with the "date" in yweather:condition.
    That's why I used that "date" as the source and not the getDate function. I do not know when and how often Yahoo Weather updates for each location, but at least I know when it was done the last time by using the "date".
    If you use the getDate function with the weather refresh interval it will say when the weather was refreshed, which might not be when the weather info from Yahoo Weather was last updated.

Thanks, I don't have ifile and am not sure I'm advanced enough to use it....appreciate the idea though.
    First you need a jailbroken iPhone with WiFi enabled, because you need Cydia to install OpenSSH.
    Next download FileZilla, free OpenSource FTP client, runs on Linux, Windows and Mac. FileZilla can be used to connect to the iPhone using the secureFTP (sftp) on port 22. That's why you need OpenSSH, as this will create a secure key, which the iPhone will send to the FTP client the first time and this key will be checked each time you connect to make sure each side (ftp client and iPhone) are the correct ones.
    Next you need to get the IP address of the iPhone, so that the FTP client knows what to look for. Go into Settings -> WiFi -> WiFi Networks, there you should find the IP address of your iPhone that it uses to connect to the WiFi network.
    Now you are almost done, you only need the username and password to login. The username is "root" and the password is "alpine".
    OK connect the iPhone to the PC and open FileZilla, now enter the iPhone IP address under hostname, set port to 22, enter "root" as the User name and "alpine" as the Password. File Protocol should be "SFTP".
    Press "Connect" and you should get a window saying something about the secure key, read it and decide if you want to store the key for further connections (recommended) or if you just want to create a key each time you connect.
    Done!
    Last edited by rasputin007; 03-22-2012 at 05:43 PM.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

elilab (03-23-2012), King_O_Hill (03-22-2012), Schnedi (03-22-2012), The_Durben (03-22-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    First you need a jailbroken iPhone with WiFi enabled, because you need Cydia to install OpenSSH.
    Next download FileZilla, free OpenSource FTP client, runs on Linux, Windows and Mac. FileZilla can be used to connect to the iPhone using the secureFTP (sftp) on port 22. That's why you need OpenSSH, as this will create a secure key, which the iPhone will send to the FTP client the first time and this key will be checked each time you connect to make sure each side (ftp client and iPhone) are the correct ones.
    Next you need to get the IP address of the iPhone, so that the FTP client knows what to look for. Go into Settings -> WiFi -> WiFi Networks, there you should find the IP address of your iPhone that it uses to connect to the WiFi network.
    Now you are almost done, you only need the username and password to login. The username is "root" and the password is "alpine".
    OK connect the iPhone to the PC and open FileZilla, now enter the iPhone IP address under hostname, set port to 22, enter "root" as the User name and "alpine" as the Password. File Protocol should be "SFTP".
    Press "Connect" and you should get a window saying something about the secure key, read it and decide if you want to store the key for further connections (recommended) or if you just want to create a key each time you connect.
    Done!
    Damn, are you trying to help or scare the person away from doing any modding! lol jk very nice tutorial though!

i would honestly think that downloading ifile would be much simpler. it is also free, you only have to pay if you want a few advanced features that you wont need right away.

Page 50 of 136 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 60 100 ... LastLast