Page 4 of 136 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

Yes that's it, now I have to make a folder under user / Applications and the same again as pure pack or have I misunderstood thank you for your help

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bieber83 View Post
    Yes that's it, now I have to make a folder under user / Applications and the same again as pure pack or have I misunderstood thank you for your help
    No. Just download app sync then press the install button at the top of iFunbox.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

bieber83 (02-26-2012)

Yes I've done, it had misread.
    Well, only he does not find me in the myLocation.txt are indeed there but the location on the lockscreen, they are not

My iPhone is a Part of Me kimvy's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=ImaBoss;6425923]Redid the Image so its more clean and exactly like the weather.app Also i added it to the springboard and changed the location of it so i can have 2 rows of apps under it.

Would you mind sharing your overlay and css? No PS here, but would love this as a SB widget.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Correct, iConvert from App Store, very handy, especially if your an engineer like me.
    you are the master king ,such MP,The D other

this is what i been try,did not have any problem at all,credit to this thread !

i did not install any font .

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chg128 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (02-27-2012), KraXik (02-27-2012), stratnik (02-27-2012)

Is it possible to somehow translate the weather?

Default not displaying correctly.
    wonder if anybody can help. I am not getting the weather icon displayed plus getting and unknown display for weather forecast. Is it becoz of the area I am in.
    Thanks-100apple_img_0051.png

Thanks

I remember seeing you having this problem with another widget right?

Thanks
    Thanked 21,677 Times in 4,345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer007 View Post
    wonder if anybody can help. I am not getting the weather icon displayed plus getting and unknown display for weather forecast. Is it becoz of the area I am in.
    Thanks-100apple_img_0051.png
    M8, this is why I'm a bit reluctant to incorporate this in the UniAW, it's almost too good!! It finds your "local" position, ie. I am currently in Hong Kong and that is the code I search for when using yahoo weather "normal" widget but this finds the town you are in, I am in "Quarry Bay" Hong Kong, when I search Yahoo for this it finds it ok but the same problem as you, the condition is "Unknown" so displays a question mark for the icon. When I go to work it's ok as Yahoo somehow knows my works location and all is fine.
    If I put GPS in the UniAW and this happens, then the animations wont run.

I have this running on my LS but had to remove the icon and condition so I don't get the question mark, for some weird reason it manages to get the temperature okay so I just use it for that.

Then there is the old annoyance with yahoo displaying sun icon at nighttime, for sure someone will complain about this soon, Yahoo uses the same icon for day & night on a few weather conditions.

So for these reasons I don't think I will be adding GPS to the UniAW, pity though.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

chg128 (02-28-2012), Hammer007 (02-28-2012), It's Mi (02-28-2012), KraXik (02-28-2012), Splitroaster (03-01-2012)

i'm trying to change the weather icons but it's really difficut!!! dang..

finally a complicated code to study

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schnedi For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (02-28-2012), jjk454ss (02-27-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by schnedi View Post
    i'm trying to change the weather icons but it's really difficut!!! dang..

finally a complicated code to study
    Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaBoss View Post
    Redid the Image so its more clean and exactly like the weather.app Also i added it to the springboard and changed the location of it so i can have 2 rows of apps under it.

hi can you post your overlay for the lockscreen. i like the way yours looks

Quote Originally Posted by mejemaka View Post
    hi can you post your overlay for the lockscreen. i like the way yours looks
    Just replace your styles.css file and OverlayHD with mine and it will look like the one in the picture. and if you want it on springboard change the lockbackground.html to "Wallpaper.html" or you can copy the lockbackground.html and rename it so you have it on both lockscreen and springboard.
    Attached Files Attached Files

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ImaBoss For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (02-28-2012), King_O_Hill (02-28-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by ImaBoss View Post
    Just replace your styles.css file and OverlayHD with mine and it will look like the one in the picture. and if you want it on springboard change the lockbackground.html to "Wallpaper.html" or you can copy the lockbackground.html and rename it so you have it on both lockscreen and springboard.

Thanks for that. Is it possible that you can move it down to fit the original theme like the overlay that came with the theme? Thanks so much!!!

I thought as much that it must be a location thing. Great idea though, I am sure someone will take it run further with it.
    @Ian I grew up in Hong Kong. Lived there for almost 30 years. Great city loved every moment there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer007 View Post
    I thought as much that it must be a location thing. Great idea though, I am sure someone will take it run further with it.
    @Ian I grew up in Hong Kong. Lived there for almost 30 years. Great city loved every moment there.
    I also lived in Hong Kong from 1995 till 2005, my company (German, although I don't speak German) sends me all over the globe and of all the many places I have been Hong Kong is the best by far, have been all over Asia, Australia, USA, Middle East, South America (Brazil & Argentina), New Zealand, Spain, Italy, Romania, Russia, UK, probably more but can't think of them right now. Hong Kong is the perfect mix of the European standards with Asian lifestyle.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

chg128 (02-28-2012), It's Mi (02-28-2012), The_Durben (02-28-2012)

Thanks

So due to the issue with the weather icon I'm having, had to simplify it a bit, it doesn't really get much simpler than this! But it suits my needs for the LS. But now I have to look out the window to know the weather condition Whats the world coming to.

Don't know how Yahoo works out it's high & low's, this morning it said High: 17, Low: 17, but the current temperature was only 9

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0463.png  
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 02-28-2012 at 04:59 AM.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (02-28-2012), jjk454ss (02-28-2012), KraXik (02-28-2012), lostinthemes (03-03-2012), The_Durben (02-28-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    So due to the issue with the weather icon I'm having, had to simplify it a bit, it doesn't really get much simpler than this! But it suits my needs for the LS. But now I have to look out the window to know the weather condition Whats the world coming to.

Don't know how Yahoo works out it's high & low's, this morning it said High: 17, Low: 17, but the current temperature was only 9
    That looks really smart! Doesn't UniAW5 use yahoo?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    That looks really smart! Doesn't UniAW5 use yahoo?
    Yes, but I input the code for Hong Kong, not the area of Hong Kong I'm in, otherwise I'de have to input a new code every time I move 5 or 6 kilometers!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

KraXik (02-28-2012)

can people using this widget give battery usage as you settle into this widget for a week

Page 4 of 136 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 54 104 ... LastLast