Page 33 of 136 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 43 83 133 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

Quote Originally Posted by phil73 View Post
    thank you for this fabulous weather theme,for me
    How can I get that lock screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Only thing is if we use two codes then it's no longer "configuration free", it doesn't bother me but some might see it as pointless especially if they are in a location where Yahoo works all the time.

3200 is already in the UniAW, it's coded as blank so no errors will occur, just no animations and "Unknown" text, but then you know that already.

Did your 1st version of your LS update while driving? Wish I had it to compare the two.
    The static weather one does but that's based largely on crazy's original.
    Not having luck with either uniaw one it seems right now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-10-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,908 Times in 3,997 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    The static weather one does but that's based largely on crazy's original.
    Not having luck with either uniaw one it seems right now.
    In the original from crazy we have the "UpdateLocation" function updated in a div via the code below in the main html file, if it finds the location has changed it updates the weather, if no location change then no update of weather till the 20 minutes - perfect.

Code:
    <div id="UpdateLocation">
    <span id="UpdateLocation"><script language="JavaScript">UpdateLocation(); setInterval('UpdateLocation()', 20000 )</script></span>
    </div>
    Dacal's code doesn't have this in the html file, it has this in the .js file:

Code:
    setTimeout("UpdateLocation();", 20000);
    This is updating the location text file fine but the weather doesn't update when the coordinates are changed.

The problem night be because this being directly in the .js file rather than in the themes .html file, (that's why I tried the script code before in the .html file), but if we put it in the .html file then the .js file needs the code telling it not to update the weather if no location change is made.

In Dacal's .js code we have this:
    Code:
    if (prevlatitude != latitude || prevlongitude != longitude) {
    prevlatitude = latitude;
    prevlongitude = longitude; 
    getWoeid ();
    }
    }
    I think we need the update script function in the html file but then we need this from the original,

Code:
    if (prevlatitude != latitude || prevlongitude != longitude) {
    var url = "http://where.yahooapis.com/geocode?location=" + latitude + "+" + longitude + "&gflags=R&flags=J"
    $.getJSON(url, function(data) {
    woeid = data.ResultSet.Results[0].woeid;
    city = data.ResultSet.Results[0].city;
    county = data.ResultSet.Results[0].county;
    neighborhood = data.ResultSet.Results[0].neighborhood;
    state = data.ResultSet.Results[0].state;

if (city != "") {
    $("#cityname").text(city);
    }
    else {
    $("#cityname").text(county);
    }

if (latitude < 0) {
     textLat = Math.round(latitude*100)/100 + "\u00B0" + "S";
    }
     else if (latitude > 0){
    textLat = Math.round(latitude*100)/100 + "\u00B0" + "N";
     }
     else {
    textLat = Math.round(latitude*100)/100 + "\u00B0";
     }

if (longitude < 0) {
    textLong = Math.round(longitude*100)/100 + "\u00B0" + "W";
    }
    else if (longitude > 0) {
    textLong = Math.round(longitude*100)/100 + "\u00B0" + "E";
    }
    else {
    textLong = Math.round(longitude*100)/100 + "\u00B0";
     }

if (neighborhood != "") {
    neigh_lat_long = neighborhood;
    }
    else {
    neigh_lat_long = state;
    }

$("#latlong").text(textLat + " " + textLong);
    $("#neighborhoodname").text(neigh_lat_long);

prevlatitude = latitude;
    prevlongitude = longitude;

GetWeather(woeid); setInterval('GetWeather(woeid)', 1000*20*60 );
    });
    }	
    });	
    }
    But Dacal would know how to do this in his version.

I could be all wrong about this but hopefully when Dacal has some spare time he will sort it out, the guy is a genius coder.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-10-2012 at 08:36 PM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

bombmom (03-10-2012), chg128 (03-11-2012), Dacal (03-11-2012), stratnik (03-11-2012), The_Durben (03-11-2012)

In the original from crazy we have the "UpdateLocation" function updated in a div via the code below in the main html file, if it finds the location has changed it updates the weather, if no location change then no update of weather till the 20 minutes - perfect.

Code:
    <span id="UpdateLocation"><script language="JavaScript">UpdateLocation(); setInterval('UpdateLocation()', 20000 )</script></span>
    </div>
    Dacal's code doesn't have this in the html file, it has this in the .js file:

Code:
    setTimeout("UpdateLocation();", 20000);
    This is updating the location text file fine but the weather doesn't update when the coordinates are changed.

The problem night be because this being directly in the .js file rather than in the themes .html file, (that's why I tried the script code before in the .html file), but if we put it in the .html file then the .js file needs the code telling it not to update the weather if no location change is made.

I could be all wrong about this but hopefully when Dacal has some spare time he will sort it out, the guy is a genius coder.
    I definitely think thats it too. And youre right about Dacal, wow, dude is very talented with the scripts.
    Hats off to both you guys though

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

chg128 (03-11-2012), Dacal (03-11-2012), Ian Nicoll (03-10-2012)

Did someone try to install the package from Cydia? It gives me an error.
    "trying to overwrite /applications/mylocation.app/114x114x.png, which is also in package mylocation"

I had removed the previous package by deleting /applications/Mylocation.app

Thanks

So now with the UniAW, I went back to Dacal's original script (JQuery), added the code to it from crazy's original .js to stop it updating the weather if location doesn't change ad added the line back into the html file.

Will test going home from work. (another 4 hours)

Here's hoping.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

chg128 (03-11-2012), hemptation (03-10-2012), nik1975 (03-11-2012), The_Durben (03-10-2012)

My current lock. BG transitions 12 times through the day/night and Ian's fab uniaw
    I think I like this one a lot

Cheers all for their part!
    Mind to share the widget, love it very much

Thanks

@ crazyvivek,

Can you explain for me why you put this is in a div? Sorry for my stupidness.
    Code:
    </div>

Quote Originally Posted by crazyvivek View Post
    Did someone try to install the package from Cydia? It gives me an error.
    "trying to overwrite /applications/mylocation.app/114x114x.png, which is also in package mylocation"

I had removed the previous package by deleting /applications/Mylocation.app
    In ifile or through ssh go to var/stash/Applications.xxxx and see if MyLocation.app is there. If so delete it and reboot. Then try and download again.
    I uninstalled the version on my phone and downloaded the yours through cydia and it's working no problem.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

ruedi04 (03-11-2012)

Thanks

In ifile or through ssh go to var/stash/Applications.xxxx and see if MyLocation.app is there. If so delete it and reboot. Then try and download again.
    I uninstalled the version on my phone and downloaded the yours through cydia and it's working no problem.
    But will you be able to install future updates when you already have it installed?

So now with the UniAW, I went back to Dacal's original script (JQuery), added the code to it from crazy's original .js to stop it updating the weather if location doesn't change ad added the line back into the html file.

Will test going home from work. (another 4 hours)

Here's hoping.
    Frustrating how we kinda know these work but not exactly what to write to make it do what we want. It is probably a simpler answer than what we have going

Anyway, good luck with this attempt.
    Might add your script back to the html and try again Monday along with making changes to the weather js and see what happens.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-11-2012)

@ crazyvivek,

Can you explain for me why you put this is in a div? Sorry for my stupidness.
    Code:
    </div>
    UpdateLocation function will be called when HTML page is loaded. and then again with setInterval UpdateLocation will be called every 20 seconds to check location change.

Otherwise if there is no setinterval the function will be called only once.

If there is a change in location new woeid will be fetched and weather will be updated. If there is no change, weather will be updated every 25 mins i guess.

Ian let me know if i can have a look at UniAW theme.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crazyvivek For This Useful Post:

chg128 (03-11-2012), Ian Nicoll (03-11-2012), stratnik (03-11-2012), The_Durben (03-11-2012)

But will you be able to install future updates when you already have it installed?
    This is for anyone who installed the app prior to installing from cydia on crazy's release.
    If you already have it, cydia will error and won't install.

Quote Originally Posted by lck5775 View Post
    Mind to share the widget, love it very much
    Eventually
    Last edited by The_Durben; 03-11-2012 at 12:25 AM.

This is for anyone who installed the app prior to installing from cydia on crazy's release.

Eventually
    Can't wait. Tks

Thanks

Ian let me know if i can have a look at UniAW theme.
    Oh thanks M8, you can get the latest one I just edited right HERE

Thanks again pal, hope you can finally solve this problem, like Durben says, it's probably something small... I hope.

Yeah, I know that M8, I was meaning "future" updates, so after we have it installed via Cydia, lets say crazy updates it in a month, will there still be the same issue?
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-11-2012 at 12:52 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (03-11-2012)

Thanks again pal, hope you can finally solve this problem, like Durben says, it's probably something small... I hope.

Yeah, I know that M8, I was meaning "future" updates, so after we have it installed via Cydia, lets say crazy updates it in a month, will there still be the same issue?
    Sorry forgot to ask. what is the issue actually?

There will be no issue with any updates on crazy's app. It will just overwrite the current install.

Late over here, good night/day

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

chg128 (03-11-2012), Ian Nicoll (03-11-2012)

Thanks

Durben, I got your gift, thanks for that M8.

Sorry forgot to ask. what is the issue actually?
    When the location text file has new coordinates the widget doesn't update the weather or location, it only updates on the 20 minute interval. (actually it's set to 15 minutes I believe in this version)

Your original one updated while you were driving, as soon as the coordinates changed.

Would like it the same as your original one that updates as you drive, or if there is a change in the location, but if no change in the location then it will only update the weather according to the interval set in the Config.js file.

Thanks for taking a look pal.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-11-2012 at 01:48 AM.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

chg128 (03-11-2012), The_Durben (03-11-2012)

When the location text file has new coordinates the widget doesn't update the weather or location, it only updates on the 20 minute interval. (actually it's set to 15 minutes I believe in this version)

Your original one updated while you were driving, as soon as the coordinates changed.

Would like it the same as your original one that updates as you drive, or if there is a change in the location, but if no change in the location then it will only update the weather according to the interval set in the Config.js file.

Looks like you theme works fine and updates as soon as new location is updated in the text file.
    But sometimes the function validateWeatherLocation in location.js does not return. This may be due to invalid location that yahoo does not have weather/location info for.

I will do some further testing on UniAW.js . I think the issue is with code in this file. May be some error handling is required.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazyvivek For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-11-2012), The_Durben (03-11-2012)

Hi bro !

In Winterboard mode, the last script i posted work fine and same as crazyviet one : check location every 20s and refresh weather immédiatly if it's changed). In the mean time, there is a refresh for weather every 20 minutes.

No time to test, but you talk about PerPageHTML version, no ?

Sorry guys, a little busy since few days and i must go in France for my work tomorrow. So not the time to make full test on PerPage before wednesday or thursday...).
    Last edited by Dacal; 03-11-2012 at 03:36 AM.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-11-2012), KraXik (03-11-2012), The_Durben (03-11-2012)

Page 33 of 136 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 43 83 133 ... LastLast