Page 32 of 136 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 42 82 132 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

Quote Originally Posted by schnedi View Post
    can not install it cause you already using the GPS lockscreen from EPHD beta repo.... the one from the beta repo has to be updated and remove the application and just install the theme.

you'll have to choose if remove the one you have installed or keep it instead of the one in modmyi repo..

or you can delete MyLocation.app via iFile, winscp....
    Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Uninstall mylocation app first. It's basically saying it can't download it cause you have it already.
    After uninstall with iFile and uninstall two other WeatherGPS themes it now works!
    -------
    iPhone 5S, iOS 7.1.2 jb
    iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1 jb

GPS based weather widgets for PerPage+ do work!
    This is a quick 5 day forecast widget I made, works fine on its own, no need for GPS based theme.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

bombmom (03-10-2012), chg128 (03-11-2012), metaserph (03-10-2012), The_Durben (03-10-2012)

Of course it works. We have been installing through cydia for over a week. It's the same app and instructions for unpacking it and sending to MMi that I gave.
    You will get an error if you have the app installed already.
    As schnedi said, it must be removed prior to installing crazy's
    All subsequent themes sent to cydia just now have to have a dependency on the app and can be installed through cydia as well.

Congrats on getting this up crazy! And again thanks for the work on this app

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

chg128 (03-10-2012), crazyvivek (03-11-2012), GUNNY29 (03-10-2012), metaserph (03-10-2012), Schnedi (03-10-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    GPS based weather widgets for PerPage+ do work!
    This is a quick 5 day forecast widget I made, works fine on its own, no need for GPS based theme.

looking good.

My current lock. BG transitions 12 times through the day/night and Ian's fab uniaw
    I think I like this one a lot

Cheers all for their part!

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-12-2012), chg128 (03-11-2012), GUNNY29 (03-10-2012), Ian Nicoll (03-10-2012), Joserrrr (03-10-2012), metaserph (03-10-2012), phil73 (03-10-2012), ruedi04 (03-10-2012), Schnedi (03-10-2012), Vanasian (03-10-2012), zocker48 (03-10-2012)

Anyone familiar with Weather Elements which also has an option to determine your location by GPS but manually? I'd like to use the WeatherGPS with this theme...

I like that one a lot to D very clean. Your mods recently are some of my favourites along with a few of Max's that won't be coming of my iPhone/iPad for a very long time. Thank you for sharing them with us all 👊👊
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

metaserph (03-10-2012), The_Durben (03-10-2012)

I ilke the idea of weather elements. you can set it up for gps and it will refresh every 60 mins or what ever you set it to and it works good. i wish gps could be based of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by CloggieUK View Post
    Anyone familiar with Weather Elements which also has an option to determine your location by GPS but manually? I'd like to use the WeatherGPS with this theme...

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    I like that one a lot to D very clean. Your mods recently are some of my favourites along with a few of Max's that won't be coming of my iPhone/iPad for a very long time. Thank you for sharing them with us all ����
    Thanks Gunny! Appreciate that my man

I personally won't mess with weather elements. Buggy IMO
    Had bits and pieces of that all over my iPhone backup that continued into my 4S until I could jailbreak, search them all out and manually remove. I won't be adding gps to that.
    Last edited by The_Durben; 03-10-2012 at 05:26 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (03-10-2012), metaserph (03-10-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    I personally won't mess with weather elements. Buggy IMO
    Had bits and pieces of that all over my iPhone backup that continued into my 4S until I could jailbreak, search them all out and manually remove. I won't be adding gps to that.
    I've had absolutely no issues with WE. Has been running on my phone for quite some time but the lockscreen has a Pages mod. I just want to use the Waether GPS with the WE lock screen.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0374.png  

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CloggieUK For This Useful Post:

metaserph (03-10-2012), The_Durben (03-10-2012), Vanasian (03-10-2012), zocker48 (03-10-2012)

can someone tell me if uniaw5 is working gps? were to get it as well?

Thanks
    Thanked 21,623 Times in 4,334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by idle0095 View Post
    can someone tell me if uniaw5 is working gps? were to get it as well?
    Yes it works but its like still beta, constantly changing the code so see no point in posting it till it's final. Will post it on the UniAW thread when Im happy.
    Everything works fine on it, just doesn't update while driving, it just updates on the 20 minute interval, but that's maybe some other problem I have as Durbens LS is the same for me, doesn't update while driving!

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

chg128 (03-11-2012), metaserph (03-10-2012), The_Durben (03-10-2012), Vanasian (03-10-2012)

I've had absolutely no issues with WE. Has been running on my phone for quite some time but the lockscreen has a Pages mod. I just want to use the Waether GPS with the WE lock screen.

That's a nice widget

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Yes it works but its like still beta, constantly changing the code so see no point in posting it till it's final. Will post it on the UniAW thread when Im happy.
    Everything works fine on it, just doesn't update while driving, it just updates on the 20 minute interval, but that's maybe some other problem I have as Durbens LS is the same for me, doesn't update while driving!
    Same with the last version I did and posted above
    Made some changes, might go for a drive and see if theres a difference.
    Id also like to figure out yahoo's "unknown" locations. Have two citied by me that never show description and icons. Just state unknown but using a non gps widget with CAXXxxxx they show up.

Ohhhh and haha just noticed your avi with the dolphin, very cool! Im not on PC much looking just mobile safari and not noticed it unless you changed it....anyways I'm rambling. Hope youre doing good man

Quote Originally Posted by Vanasian View Post
    That's a nice widget
    Hey Van!
    Just a note for you, Burnaby and Surrey give an unknown variable for the GPS widgets so you dont get a description or weather icon to show. Been like that everytime Ive been through them in the last two weeks. Just in case your using it and have driven around or will be.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-10-2012)

want to use this on my iPhone but i can't get it to work at all. what do i need to do. perpage html don't show it nor does winter board.
    Hi M8,

Here is a fully working one for use on your PC/Mac, if you use it on your phone you need to delete the location.txt file and add a symlink. Thats all. (It's a PerPageHTML version)

For working with it on your PC/Mac, change the coordinates in the location.txt file to your own to get the weather in your own location.

Note: the location.txt file is in the main themes directory, not in the javascript directory.

Please ignore the second date at the end, this is just a version of the PerPage "All_In_One" for messing with!

UniAW5GPS.zip
    can you tell me how to set it up ian? I'm happy with 20 mins or 60 mins.

Thanks

Same with the last version I did and posted above
    Made some changes, might go for a drive and see if theres a difference.
    Id also like to figure out yahoo's "unknown" locations. Have two citied by me that never show description and icons. Just state unknown but using a non gps widget with CAXXxxxx they show up.

Ohhhh and haha just noticed your avi with the dolphin, very cool! Im not on PC much looking just mobile safari and not noticed it unless you changed it....anyways I'm rambling. Hope youre doing good man

Hey Van!
    Just a note for you, Burnaby and Surrey give an unknown variable for the GPS widgets so you dont get a description or weather icon to show. Been like that everytime Ive been through them in the last two weeks. Just in case your using it and have driven around or will be.
    Hi M8, had the dolphin for months now

There is nothing you can do about the missing icon & description, it's all down to Yahoo, for some reason it can tell you temperatures and everything but not weather description, if no description then no icon, you can check the "Localized" weather on yahoo and it's the same - "Unknown". The CAXXXX code is more a major city location and doesn't have this problem like the "neighborhood/county location has.
    This is why it's important to have a nice 3200 icon

Maybe it's possible (Dacal?) to put some variable in the code but not sure, we could have 2 vars, one set to 0 for GPS and one set to CAXXXXX, if Yahoo returns "Unknown" (3200) on the GPS then use the var = CXXXXXX. Just an idea.

I'm also using your latest LS, will be waiting to see if your's is updating while driving.

Quote Originally Posted by idle0095 View Post

can you tell me how to set it up ian? I'm happy with 20 mins or 60 mins.
    Don't use that one, it's very old now (1 week ), the code has changed a lot since then. Patients my friend.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-10-2012 at 06:59 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (03-10-2012)

There is nothing you can do about the missing icon & description, it's all down to Yahoo, for some reason it can tell you temperatures and everything but not weather description, if no description then no icon, you can check the "Localized" weather on yahoo and it's the same - "Unknown". The CAXXXX code is more a major city location and doesn't have this problem like the "neighborhood/county location has.

Maybe it's possible (Dacal?) to put some variable in the code but not sure, we could have 2 vars, one set to 0 for GPS and one set to CAXXXXX, if Yahoo returns "Unknown" (3200) on the GPS then use the var = CXXXXXX. Just an idea.

I'm also using your latest LS, will be waiting to see if your's is updating while driving.
    Definitely a good idea
    My latest one didnt update. I thought it did but it was a well timed refresh overall. I set my refresh rate to 60 minutes and checked it out. Did not update, not even on a lock/unlock. For now until its figured out I have my refresh at 20 minutes and can live with that.
    With the uni and the BG images the 3200 dont matter always have a nice BG pic lol, I can live with that too for now

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

chg128 (03-11-2012), Ian Nicoll (03-10-2012), metaserph (03-10-2012)

Thanks

Definitely a good idea
    My latest one didnt update. I thought it did but it was a well timed refresh overall. I set my refresh rate to 60 minutes and checked it out. Did not update, not even on a lock/unlock. For now until its figured out I have my refresh at 20 minutes and can live with that.
    With the uni and the BG images the 3200 dont matter always have a nice BG pic lol, I can live with that too for now
    Only thing is if we use two codes then it's no longer "configuration free", it doesn't bother me but some might see it as pointless especially if they are in a location where Yahoo works all the time.

3200 is already in the UniAW, it's coded as blank so no errors will occur, just no animations and "Unknown" text, but then you know that already.

Did your 1st version of your LS update while driving? Wish I had it to compare the two.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

chg128 (03-11-2012)

Thanks man. Im glad i didn't dig into it. LOL.

Don't use that one, it's very old now (1 week ), the code has changed a lot since then. Patients my friend.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to idle0095 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-10-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Vanasian View Post
    That's a nice widget
    It is indeed, hence why I would like to use it with the WeatherGPS. Can't get my head around the code though or how WeatherGPS can be used with this widget. The Webclip generates a file somewhere based on your GPS coords but can't find where it is storing the file.

Page 32 of 136 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 42 82 132 ... LastLast