+ Reply
Page 25 of 136 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 35 75 125 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Dacal Yes, exactly. Don't want to create 2 widgets, but one with the 2 options : GPS based or "classic". I test the locale variable in the
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,239 Times in 3,922 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    Yes, exactly. Don't want to create 2 widgets, but one with the 2 options : GPS based or "classic". I test the locale variable in the main.js.

If == 0 => GPS based
    If != 0 => Classic.
    Dacal, your a genius M8, so now all we need is some variable telling it if desc is "Unknown" from the GPS then change over to Classic. Awesome!!

Dacal, thanks for all again M8, your a life saver.

Now when I finish work I have to try dissect your code.

Hey Dacal, is your Paypal (donation) email address the same as the one I have for you?
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-08-2012 at 03:55 AM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Dacal (03-08-2012), Sheff1889 (03-08-2012), stratnik (03-08-2012), The_Durben (03-08-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,157 Times in 835 Posts

UniAW works well, but it shows me the province, not the city

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stratnik For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-08-2012), Ian Nicoll (03-08-2012), Sheff1889 (03-08-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,488 Times in 1,500 Posts

Work great for my SB widget. I put Sig. Change ON and when weather update, if my location had changed the SB widget refresh with the new location.

Next step, more test and introduce some config free option (for some locations, automatically select the language, but only if the lang var is not specified).

Quote Originally Posted by stratnik View Post

Yes, i saw in mine. In fact, city is got with the second request, with the woeid gave by UpdateLocation() function. With this precise woeid, city reflected the exact place where you are (and not always the city). Not a big problem, it can be corrected, but in fact, i prefer this way . It's a lot more precise, and you can check that weather change function of your location.

First request (look the city) : http://where.yahooapis.com/geocode?l...85349&gflags=R
    Second request (look the city) : Yahoo! Weather - Cite Jardins Station, TN
    Last edited by Dacal; 03-08-2012 at 04:08 AM.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-08-2012), Destan (03-08-2012), Ian Nicoll (03-08-2012), Sheff1889 (03-08-2012), stratnik (03-08-2012), The_Durben (03-08-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,679 Times in 1,212 Posts

mine today ....

UniAW works well for me too,but sometimes like without animated as well

Last edited by chg128; 03-08-2012 at 04:33 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chg128 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-08-2012), stratnik (03-08-2012), The_Durben (03-08-2012)

Livin the iPhone Life Steph53940's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,925 Times in 1,128 Posts

hello its very nice can you share please if you want of course

Thanks

One strange thing I have noticed, I have the UniAW in PerPage & the original LS widget (just for checks)

With both running, and both widgets are getting the coordinates from just the one location.txt file in the Documents folder, they both have different location names!! Both names are actually correct but why are the different? LOL... (Makes me laugh all this questions)

NOTE: The UniAW updated to 18 seconds after I took the screen shot.

Guess I need to compare the two codes again.

I also prefer it this way, just feels more accurate as Hong Kong temperatures is sometimes 5 different from the town's temperature.
    If I were you maybe you can move the provence name to under the calendar, or put "March 2012" under the calendar and put the provence name in it's place because you need more room for longer names.

The UniAW LS updates perfectly when you move location but the PerPage one doesn't I have no idea why but it's still early days in the GPS widgets.

We just wait till Dacal makes a PerPage widget...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme-img_0474.png  
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-08-2012 at 07:07 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

stratnik (03-08-2012), The_Durben (03-08-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    One strange thing I have noticed, I have the UniAW in PerPage & the original LS widget (just for checks)

With both running, and both widgets are getting the coordinates from just the one location.txt file in the Documents folder, they both have different location names!! Both names are actually correct but why are the different? LOL... (Makes me laugh all this questions)

NOTE: The UniAW updated to 18 seconds after I took the screen shot.

Guess I need to compare the two codes again.

I also prefer it this way, just feels more accurate as Hong Kong temperatures is sometimes 5 different from the town's temperature.
    If I were you maybe you can move the provence name to under the calendar, or put "March 2012" under the calendar and put the provence name in it's place because you need more room for longer names.

The UniAW LS updates perfectly when you move location but the PerPage one doesn't I have no idea why but it's still early days in the GPS widgets.

We just wait till Dacal makes a PerPage widget...
    Send me yours, i have a look on it later

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-08-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

First request (look the city) : http://where.yahooapis.com/geocode?l...85349&gflags=R
    Nice!
    You certainly got better weather then I have here in UK.
    And here is the 3. link with the 5 day forecast and a more general location name ("city").
    Yahoo! Weather - Tunis, TS
    Last edited by rasputin007; 03-08-2012 at 07:39 AM.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-08-2012), Dacal (03-08-2012), Ian Nicoll (03-08-2012), stratnik (03-08-2012)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,512 Times in 6,400 Posts

I am using winterboard and having no problems. i drove through several cities this morning and it updated great.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-08-2012)

Thanks

Send me yours, i have a look on it later
    Thanks Dacal.

To Dacal, rasputin, crazy & The_Durben (or anybody who knows)

Coming home in the taxi tonight I set 20 second lock screen to 20 minutes and tested the original "GPSweather.theme" and it did not update when moving through the various towns. The LS (and the UniAW (PerPage)) are only updating the location after the weather "UpdateInterval" refreshes, (currently set at 20 minutes).

But from what I gather from "The_Durben" and others it is supposed to update more or less as soon as you move to another district as this is when the "myLocation.txt" file gets updated.

How often does the GPS app check our location, or is it continuously monitoring and does it update the .txt file immediately?

And.. (sorry) If the text file coordinates change does the weather widgets immediately change too, or do they only change after the 20 minutes set in the "UpdateInterval" as mine are doing.

Thanks guys.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (03-08-2012)

Thanks

Yes, i saw in mine. In fact, city is got with the second request, with the woeid gave by UpdateLocation() function. With this precise woeid, city reflected the exact place where you are (and not always the city). Not a big problem, it can be corrected, but in fact, i prefer this way . It's a lot more precise, and you can check that weather change function of your location.

I think that we are not well understood. It shows me the region, not a place where I am.

Original GPS weather
    It shows exactly where I am
    ("OKRUG" - the name of this village on the island , OKRUG GORNJI - the exact part where I am.

A UniAW shows a region, county (a few towns and islands -SPLITSKO DALMATINSKA), a large territory.
    I have not traveled anywhere, so I do not know whether to change when I get into a bigger city.
    **** my crappy English and language barriers.

Thanks

Thanks Dacal.

Coming home in the taxi tonight I set 20 second lock screen to 20 minutes and tested the original "GPSweather.theme" and it did not update when moving through the various towns. The LS (and the UniAW (PerPage)) are only updating the location after the weather "UpdateInterval" refreshes, (currently set at 20 minutes).

But from what I gather from "The_Durben" and others it is supposed to update more or less as soon as you move to another district as this is when the "myLocation.txt" file gets updated.

How often does the GPS app check our location, or is it continuously monitoring and does it update the .txt file immediately?

And.. (sorry) If the text file coordinates change does the weather widgets immediately change too, or do they only change after the 20 minutes set in the "UpdateInterval" as mine are doing.

Thanks guys.
    Although the GPS application do a continous monitoring (with Sig. change ON) and update immediatly the text file, you must specified an interval in the widget code to check the file. With a refresh interval sets to 20 minutes, the location can be different than the one you have on your phone.

It's possible to check the file more often, but i think it will have an impact on the battery...

I think that we are not well understood. It shows me the region, not a place where I am.

Original GPS weather
    It shows exactly where I am
    ("OKRUG" - the name of this village on the island , OKRUG GORNJI - the exact part where I am.

A UniAW shows a region, county (a few towns and islands -SPLITSKO DALMATINSKA), a large territory.
    I have not traveled anywhere, so I do not know whether to change when I get into a bigger city.
    **** my crappy English and language barriers.
    Can you post your mylocation.txt ?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-08-2012), stratnik (03-08-2012), The_Durben (03-08-2012)

Thanks

Although the GPS application do a continous monitoring (with Sig. change ON) and update immediatly the text file, you must specified an interval in the widget code to check the file. With a refresh interval sets to 20 minutes, the location can be different than the one you have on your phone.
    It's possible to check the file more often, but i think it will have an impact on the battery...
    But this is not what other people are telling us, it changes as they drive, not on the updateInterval!! (Unless they all have their UpdateInterval set to like 2 minutes, which I hope not LOL)

When I have it running on My Mac with "Live View", I can edit the text file in the theme folder (not in the HTML editor) and the widget changes, I can put the txt file on my desktop and point the widget to it, and again if I edit the coordinates in the text file the widget updates immediately, so I'm wondering why it doesn't do it on the phone!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (03-08-2012)

Thanks

Thanks Dacal.

Thanks guys.
    When I travel my gps weather (LS and SB) are updated in every city.

All of the 10 km check out time.
    Sorry for lots of pictures, i am mobile and can not cut them.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to stratnik For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-08-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I am using winterboard and having no problems. i drove through several cities this morning and it updated great.
    What is your UpdateInterval set to, and did it update before that set time?

Thanks.

When I travel my gps weather (LS and SB) are updated in every city.

All of the 10 km check out time.
    Sorry for lots of pictures, i am mobile and can not cut them.
    Thanks for that, your screen shots show exactly what I'm trying to say, it shouldn't matter what the update interval is set to, the widget should still change and I can see your does just that looking at your times.

So me and Dacal are both using kinda the same script for the weather widgets but they aren't updating as soon as the text file changes, so we are missing something here!.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-08-2012 at 09:02 AM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

stratnik (03-08-2012)

Thanks

Thanks.

Thanks for that, your screen shots show exactly what I'm trying to say, it shouldn't matter what the update interval is set to, the widget should still change and I can see your does just that looking at your times.

So me and Dacal are both using kinda the same script for the weather widgets but they aren't updating as soon as the text file changes, so we are missing something here!.
    Must have a look, but i didn't see how the weather can update immediatly when location change in the txt. The only way i see is to put an Update Interval time to 1s, like the clock.

EDIT : In the original GPSWeather, the interval time is set to 20000ms. So each 20s, the function launch the UpdateLocation function.
    Last edited by Dacal; 03-08-2012 at 09:13 AM.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-08-2012), Ian Nicoll (03-08-2012), stratnik (03-08-2012)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I will look back for the deb you posted, is there only one version? (incase I get an old one) EDIT... I forgot it's on post 1 now. Thanks again.

I attach here all the files I changed in the UniAW5.0 so you can try them. Are you getting the weather info?

Please remember the "location.js" file has not got the link in it to your correct location so you will need to change it.

Is your deb file working good, I remember some people having to restore because of losing all their icons, or was this another matter? Thanks pal.
    Hey Ian,

Is it possible to get this to work for the lockscreen all in one? I tried to incorporate the code to the lockscreen version in winterboard but the images are all off. I know there are some differences between perpage and winterboard. Any chance you are working on a winterboard version?

Thanks.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,512 Times in 6,400 Posts

Thanks.
    It is set to 20000 like Decal stated.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-08-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by will822 View Post
    Hey Ian,

Is it possible to get this to work for the lockscreen all in one? I tried to incorporate the code to the lockscreen version in winterboard but the images are all off. I know there are some differences between perpage and winterboard. Any chance you are working on a winterboard version?

Thanks.
    Yeah M8, as soon as all the little niggles are ironed out.

Must have a look, but i didn't see how the weather can update immediatly when location change in the txt. The only way i see is to put an Update Interval time to 1s, like the clock.

EDIT : In the original GPSWeather, the interval time is set to 20000ms. So each 20s, the function launch the UpdateLocation function.
    So this just updates the location right?, if there is no change in location the weather doesn't refresh. Where does it set the time to refresh the weather if there is no change in location?

Thanks again pal.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-08-2012 at 09:52 AM.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

will822 (03-08-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Ian, rather than making UniAW 5 work with GPS code, would it not be easier to make the GPS widget by Crazy into UniAW?

37. The Following User Says Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-08-2012)

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2013, 02:27 PM
  2. 03-15-2013, 10:09 AM
  3. 08-11-2012, 12:06 AM
  4. 03-03-2012, 12:38 PM