+ Reply
Page 22 of 136 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by chevymusclecar Well I copied mylocation.txt link to main JavaScript directory but still no go may be difference in the deb installation but the weird thing is clock
    From Scotland, live in Philippines, German company, work worldwide, currently in Sri Lanka.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,133 Times in 3,715 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    Well I copied mylocation.txt link to main JavaScript directory but still no go may be difference in the deb installation but the weird thing is clock still remain non functional so not quite sure at the moment what's going on but will continue on for a half hour then will go to sleep lol. Thanks Ian and all! Am very exited what this will bring!

Good times!!
    Hi M8,

Here is a fully working one for use on your PC/Mac, if you use it on your phone you need to delete the location.txt file and add a symlink. Thats all. (It's a PerPageHTML version)

For working with it on your PC/Mac, change the coordinates in the location.txt file to your own to get the weather in your own location.

Note: the location.txt file is in the main themes directory, not in the javascript directory.

Please ignore the second date at the end, this is just a version of the PerPage "All_In_One" for messing with!

Edit... Removed this version as has been updated already but still testing.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-10-2012 at 06:01 PM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-07-2012), chg128 (03-07-2012), hemptation (04-05-2012), lostinthemes (03-07-2012), metaserph (03-07-2012), rasputin007 (03-07-2012), Schnedi (03-07-2012), Sheff1889 (03-07-2012), stratnik (03-07-2012), The_Durben (03-07-2012), zocker48 (03-07-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    PerPage all in one version, but I add a symlink so the link in the location.js is different! It's been removed and the symlink links it to the text file.

I should really install the "Deb" version of the app so we are all on the same page, but as the post above states, it will not work automatically because the link will be wrong, unless it changes the link automatically somehow?? If not, this will be a problem with all PerPage widgets.

Thats why I like the symlink method from rasputin007, then your sure the link is correct.
    The MyLocation.deb trashes even my newly restored and jailbroken 3GS on 5.0.1, every time so far.
    Because the MyLocation.ipa works perfectly fine, I have to work with symlinks. They are really easy to do with iFile.
    So, if we all can agree that the only place where the myLocation.txt file sould be is /private/var/mobile/Documents then that would help. Then themes can have that path already in the code and no need for symlinks.
    Because the deb file trashes my iOS and I have the ipa install I have created a symlink from /private/var/mobile/Applications/(UUID of MyLocation.app)/Documents/myLocation.txt to private/var/mobile/Documents.myLocation.txt, then my deb file theme from page 16 has a symlink from /private/var/mobile/Documents/myLocation.txt to the "root" folder of the theme.
    So basically I work with a symlink to a symlink to myLocation.txt, nothing wrong there.

Something else I found is when I edit a theme then I use a myLocation.txt file in the "root" folder of that theme in DW CS 5.5. The funny thing is that the the line
    jQuery.get('myLocation.txt', function(appdata)
    is in a js file that is located in a subfolder.
    First I thought that I had now to copy that myLocation.txt file into the same folder where I have that js file, but wrong!!!
    So, with the above code the myLocation.txt (or symlink to that file on the iPhone) always has to be in the root folder, even if the js file is in a subfolder. What I don't know is if this is related to the LockBackground.html file which is the "active" executing centre of the whole lot and that is also in the "root" folder of the theme.

Well I copied mylocation.txt link to main JavaScript directory but still no go may be difference in the deb installation but the weird thing is clock still remain non functional so not quite sure at the moment what's going on but will continue on for a half hour then will go to sleep lol. Thanks Ian and all! Am very exited what this will bring!

Good times!!
    Move the myLocation.txt file out of the subfolder and put it into the "root" folder of the theme and try again.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-07-2012), chg128 (03-07-2012), hemptation (04-05-2012), Ian Nicoll (03-07-2012), Schnedi (03-07-2012), stratnik (03-07-2012), The_Durben (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,276 Times in 3,992 Posts

Ok thanks for tip is showing temp again

And is current temp in my location but seems to have hard time sorting other information...
    I could stay up all night playing with this as its fun to do but will be worthless tomorrow lol! Thank you two for tips and info will be back to learn from you all!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

hemptation (04-05-2012), stratnik (03-07-2012)

Thanks

Ian you are my guy bro!! You know that boss!! Rasputin thanks for tips I found very useful!! Crazy props bro ground breaking bro! Big Durben you know what it is props!! Schnedi=Awesome!! And to all that works on gps greatness!! Thank You!!

I have managed to sort my issues...gonna feel it tomorrow but that's what red bull and 5hr energy is for! Lol

Got my mod of the great Ian Nicoll's all in one lockscreen to become location aware thanks to you all!

Great day/Great night zzzZZZ

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

chg128 (03-07-2012), hemptation (04-05-2012), Ian Nicoll (03-07-2012), rasputin007 (03-07-2012), Schnedi (03-07-2012), stratnik (03-07-2012), The_Durben (03-07-2012)

From Scotland, live in Philippines, German company, work worldwide, currently in Sri Lanka.
    Thanks

Ian you are my guy bro!! You know that boss!! Rasputin thanks for tips I found very useful!! Crazy props bro ground breaking bro! Big Durben you know what it is props!! Schnedi=Awesome!! And to all that works on gps greatness!! Thank You!!

I have managed to sort my issues...gonna feel it tomorrow but that's what red bull and 5hr energy is for! Lol

Got my mod of the great Ian Nicoll's all in one lockscreen to become location aware thanks to you all!

Great day/Great night zzzZZZ
    Well done M8, glad you got it sorted, where is the moon?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-07-2012), chg128 (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 884 Posts

Hi M8,

Here is a fully working one for use on your PC/Mac, if you use it on your phone you need to delete the location.txt file and add a symlink. Thats all. (It's a PerPageHTML version)

For working with it on your PC/Mac, change the coordinates in the location.txt file to your own to get the weather in your own location.

Note: the location.txt file is in the main themes directory, not in the javascript directory.

Please ignore the second date at the end, this is just a version of the PerPage "All_In_One" for messing with!

UniAW5GPS.zip
    Thanks for your hard work and upload. I've installed and I know Rasp explained how to do the symlink but I'm having trouble.

What exactly do I need to do? Also has anything changed in the CSS file or can I put in my old one to keep my old style?

Thanks

Well done M8, glad you got it sorted, where is the moon?
    Let me find it lol! Thx for your help as always bro!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

hemptation (04-05-2012), Ian Nicoll (03-07-2012)

Thanks

Now this is bizzare!
    When ever I installed the MyLocation.deb file it trashed the iOS on my 3GS, so I build my own app deb file and it works, no crashing, no hickups, just works and myLocation.txt is now in private/var/mobile/Documents.
    After installing the deb there was no icon, so I rebooted and there was the icon, it opened perfectly. OK, never got that far with the deb file from the first post, set my Sig. Change to On and closed the app, but still no myLocation.txt file to be seen, so another reboot and there it was. Great, just have to see how stable it is.
    The only difference to the deb file, now in the first post, is that I have changed the file permissions. The MyLocation.deb file from the first post has ALL file with executable attribute, owner is snowleopard and group is staff.
    My deb file has only executable rights for the MyLocation file and owner and group is "root" for all files.
    Otherwise the files are identical, only the attributes have changed, result one trashes my phone the other one works fine (so far), even after a few reboots and resprings still works.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-07-2012), chg128 (03-07-2012), Ian Nicoll (03-07-2012), Schnedi (03-07-2012), stratnik (03-07-2012), The_Durben (03-07-2012)

Thanks

Found it!!

Good night again lol

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

chg128 (03-07-2012), hemptation (04-05-2012), Ian Nicoll (03-07-2012), metaserph (03-07-2012), Schnedi (03-07-2012), stratnik (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,679 Times in 1,212 Posts

thank you Ian,just little bit mess about it

but why two Temp ,one is 4 one is 8

Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 Times in 960 Posts

Peeps please help me if anyone know how ....I can't get a GPS to work for me ....It found my location and cordinate ,but Weather icon and temp/description is not work ....I tried everything (reinstall the Mylocation) , installed it from EPHD repo , with .ipa and try it with .deb ,and nothing ....cant get a weather inforamtion (wifi are eneable and E/3G too)
    Also tried a several different LS widget and SB with GPS and no one work :/

This is what I got :

Minimalistic Master
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,310 Times in 2,184 Posts

i was trying Uniaw version and changed in the location.js to

jQuery.get('../../../../var/mobile/Documents/myLocation.txt', function(appdata) {

and now all my widgets show i'm on southern....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schnedi View Post
    i was trying Uniaw version and changed in the location.js to

and now all my widgets show i'm on southern....
    LOL, I think your not going back enough in those directory steps, did you delete/remove the location.txt I had in the main theme folder?
    Later I will manually put my location.txt in the Documents folder and see the exact link but I think it's more like:
    jQuery.get('../../../../../../../var/mobile/Documents/myLocation.txt', function(appdata) {

Remember it's counting the directories back from the javascript folder to var.... os use a symlink.

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Thanks for your hard work and upload. I've installed and I know Rasp explained how to do the symlink but I'm having trouble.

What exactly do I need to do? Also has anything changed in the CSS file or can I put in my old one to keep my old style?

From rasputin007's post M8.

On the iPhone, open iFile and go into the /private/var/mobile/Applications/MyLocation.app/Documents/ folder the hit the "Edit" button, now select the myLocation.txt file and select the bottom right symbol - a clipboard, and select copy/link. Press "Done" and go to /private/var/stash/Themes/"GPS based theme", press "Edit", then the bottom right clipboard and select "create link". Now you got a symlink of the myLocation.txt file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme-screen-shot-2012-03-07-7.47.07-pm.png  

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Dexy88 (03-07-2012), hemptation (04-05-2012), Schnedi (03-07-2012), The_Durben (03-07-2012)

Thanks

Thanks Ian I think my issue is that I'm using Durbens deb file. This saves into your stock apps rather than the personal ones.

My location is down as Kamloops. I have no idea where that even is!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Thanks Ian I think my issue is that I'm using Durbens deb file. This saves into your stock apps rather than the personal ones.

My location is down as Kamloops. I have no idea where that even is!
    Ok, I will put my location.txt file in the Documents folder now to find the exact link you should use.

And to answer your last question.. this version has the "Feels Like temp 2 times, you can have the normal temp showing plus the "Feels Like" temp showing or you can change the normal temp to the "Feels Like" temp.

EDIT.. Okay, so I put my "location.txt" file into the Documents folder on my phone and can now confirm to you if you have my posted UnAW PerPage version, the correct link is:

jQuery.get('../../../../../../../var/mobile/Documents/myLocation.txt', function(appdata) {

Strange thing though, it wasn't the same location name as before, some other town nearby, so I re-did the symlink and all is back to normal. Maybe it's because I just put the file in manually, I have no idea!

If you are in doubts about the link just do a symlink instead, it's very easy. If you use a symlink then the link in the .js file should look like this:

jQuery.get('myLocation.txt', function(appdata) {
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-07-2012 at 05:32 AM.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Dexy88 (03-07-2012), Schnedi (03-07-2012)

Minimalistic Master
    Thanks

no mine works fine!! but when i tried you uniaw it changed my latitud and longitud and your uniaw shows me: lamma island? and the other widgets: southern

i don't what else to try! i'll try it later in my city.

Thanks

Hi M8,

UniAW5GPS.zip
    Sometihing new for me how do we use uniaws in PCs?

Minimalistic Master
    Thanks

i had to edit manually the file: myLocation.txt and now shows my city!!

Thanks

I might just move to 'Kamloops'. Probably easier than getting UniAW 5 to work for me!

I'm going to uninstall the deb and install the other my location. I think that will sort it.

Thanks

There are far too many dots and slashes in this line

Why not using the absolute path like

jQuery.get('/private/var/mobile/Documents/myLocation.txt', function(appdata) {

instead of the relative one?

Next experiment:
    Deleted the MyLocation app (installed via my deb file) and GPS Theme (also installed via deb file) with Cydia.
    Rebooted and had to delete the myLocation.txt file in /private/var/mobile/Documents/ by hand.
    Great , nice clean iOS!
    Next installed a new deb file that had the MyLocation app and the GPS theme in it.
    Went OK, but no app icon (well, was expected), so reboot, now app icon was there , opened app and turned Sig. Change to On and rebooted again, finally selected GPS Theme in Winterboard and resprung.
    Hey presto, everything working.
    No file editing, no symlinks, no nothing apart from 2 reboots, worked right out of the box.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-07-2012), Ian Nicoll (03-07-2012), metaserph (03-07-2012), Schnedi (03-07-2012), The_Durben (03-07-2012)

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2013, 02:27 PM
  2. 03-15-2013, 10:09 AM
  3. 08-11-2012, 12:06 AM
  4. 03-03-2012, 12:38 PM