Page 135 of 136 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125133134135136 LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 2706

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,739 Times in 6,731 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anneka234b View Post
    I installed the new MyLocation following your instructions below. It was working fine, but then it stopped updating. I tried to reinstall the repo but the link is not working on Cydia. Could you please check it?

Thanks

MyLocation App update for 5.1.1 - 6.1.2 from bushe! Incase you are having problems, this app is working fine. You may need an updated location.js file. If it has been updated, and still not updating go to settings/general/reset and reset all settings, this will not affect your JB!
    Download these Instructions - Instructions!
    To install the MyLocation app, just add my repo and install it! - http://cydia.myrepospace.com/kohidevice/:

I installed the new MyLocation following your instructions below. It was working fine, but then it stopped updating. I tried to reinstall the repo but the link is not working on Cydia. Could you please check it?

Thanks

MyLocation App update for 5.1.1 - 6.1.2 from bushe! Incase you are having problems, this app is working fine. You may need an updated location.js file. If it has been updated, and still not updating go to settings/general/reset and reset all settings, this will not affect your JB!
    Download these Instructions - Instructions!
    To install the MyLocation app, just add my repo and install it! - http://cydia.myrepospace.com/kohidevice/:
    There is nothing wrong with the app!

Yahoo's weather service is down.
    Widget Weather 2.0 App Currently in Public Beta for iOS 8 only!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather 2.0

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

(((Pipo 79))) (05-20-2013), signori (05-21-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post

Yahoo's weather service is down.
    Unfortunately a lot of users don't read or search the forum to see if there is any problems before doing all kinds of crazy things with there IOS devices. Or blaming a problem on an app or widget that works fine. Just my opinion.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to signori For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-20-2013)

No one asked for your opinion. I submitted a simple check app request. For your info I searched the forum which is not easy to navigate, and I searched Google before asking.

It's people like you who make other people who aren't so jailbreak and theme savvy afraid to ask questions on forums. Maybe you should ask how you can help before dissing people.
    Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    Unfortunately a lot of users don't read or search the forum to see if there is any problems before doing all kinds of crazy things with there IOS devices. Or blaming a problem on an app or widget that works fine. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by anneka234b; 05-20-2013 at 10:22 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

No one asked for your opinion. I submitted a simple check app request. For your info I searched the forum which is not easy to navigate, and I searched Google before asking.

It's people like you who make other people who aren't so jailbreak and theme savvy afraid to ask questions on forums. Maybe you should ask before dissing people.
    You posted the same thing 3 times in one reply. It has nothing to do with jailbreak savvy. Its called people are lazy to read. Its easier to post something and wait for someone else to solve the problem for you. I used to be like that and you never learn anything that way. Take's 2 minutes to read the weather widget topics to find out the problem.

Thanks

It's people like you who make other people who aren't so jailbreak and theme savvy afraid to ask questions on forums. Maybe you should ask how you can help before dissing people.
    Relax bro. I replied to you in less than an hour. Not bad for doing a job that I do not get paid for.

Not to mention that you didn't even have the decency to thank me.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Best01 (05-21-2013), lostinthemes (05-21-2013), MamaJaay (05-21-2013), signori (05-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post

Yahoo's weather service is down
    Would it be possible to disseminate the method used to check the status of Yahoo's weather service? That way we could check that first and not bother troubleshooting our phones/apps/tweaks or frustrate (bother) advanced users like yourself. All your help is much appreciated and I do realize the frustration that can arise when folks don't do their due diligence. In their defense, however, often times the search function on this forum is hit or miss.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dragonjo8 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-21-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone leetut's Avatar
    Thanks

These days i always read the last few pages of these GPS weather threads when mine goes off rather than commenting because there's a lot of god complex members that demand to be thanked and demand you kiss their *** at every opportunity on this forum

Its always better to download the mylocation app from KOH's repo and install it the way he explains (first MamaJays, İ remember) instead of downloading the GPS theme over Cydia

Quote Originally Posted by dragonjo8 View Post
    Would it be possible to disseminate the method used to check the status of Yahoo's weather service? That way we could check that first and not bother troubleshooting our phones/apps/tweaks or frustrate (bother) advanced users like yourself. All your help is much appreciated and I do realize the frustration that can arise when folks don't do their due diligence. In their defense, however, often times the search function on this forum is hit or miss.
    The search function is indeed very hard to learn. It does everything it should but not intuitively. You have to set the results page to get you "posts" and not "theads" (which should be the default - but it's not ) and then it will get you more useful results. I've been bugging the forum owners to up their game with the search - for a long time now. Nothing but crickets.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

First page of MJSmash thread has been updated link here: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-4s-new-skins-themes-launches/810378-mjsmash-lockscreen-springboard-widget-%thread_page%-print.html

Please read new information. Updated TimedWall folder, Touch function on LS now shows or hides all weather info... Modified to use stock clock or forecast tweak from cydia, since yahoo took our forecast.

Download link below if you want it.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzfbzr8a31..._Extremev5.zip

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

CrazyChester (05-22-2013), King_O_Hill (05-21-2013), lostinthemes (05-22-2013), Steph53940 (05-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    First page of MJSmash thread has been updated link here: Winterboard MJSMASH LockScreen/Springboard widget

Please read new information. Updated TimedWall folder, Touch function on LS now shows or hides all weather info... Modified to use stock clock or forecast tweak from cydia, since yahoo took our forecast.

Download link below if you want it.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzfbzr8a31..._Extremev5.zip
    Hello and thanks for this beautiful thèmes Mamajaay

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steph53940 For This Useful Post:

anneka234b (05-21-2013), King_O_Hill (05-21-2013), MamaJaay (05-21-2013)

No disrespect to you K_O_H. I appreciate and thank you for all the hard work you did and continue to do to allow us to have great themes on our phones. I was just a little taken aback by signori's response to what I thought was an simple question. My intent was not to post it twice, I wasn't even aware that this happened until he mentioned it later. I don't post often, simply because I think people will think I'm an idiot for asking. (I guess I was), and most of the time, someone has already asked and I do find the answer to my question.

As other people have mentioned in their response, it is not easy to navigate the responses you receive on MMI when you type in a specific search. I googled, checked the weather on Yahoo to see if that was working, and I even asked my son to check. (I am not a bro, I'm a sis) so I thought I would ask.

Thanks

Ok sis, it's all good. I hate when stuff like this happens, as I get flooded with emails, PM's and every other method of electronic contact. You just happened to ask at the wrong time. Just so you know, most of this info is discussed and fixed on the UniAW6 thread. Next time you got a problem, go their first. That's where a lot of the widget developers hang out. There is also a temp fix posted there.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonjo8 View Post
    Yes, check the UniAW6 thread. Or just hunt through yahoo's developers network to see if they post something, they almost never do. Once I realize there is a problem, I always run a request script to see what it returns. Sometimes it's not that easy either.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 05-21-2013 at 03:03 PM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

anneka234b (05-21-2013), dragonjo8 (05-22-2013), lostinthemes (05-28-2013)

Thank you for your response K_O_H. I totally understand and I'm sorry you were bombarded. I'm going to go hang out at the UniAW6 thread and see what's going on. Thanks for the info.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to anneka234b For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-21-2013)

Hi... I'm using frakman1's HTC Animated Weather Widget for PPHTML + GPS + Calendar... I have everything fixed. Weather works perfectly, and MyLocation is working fine. I'm using 5.1.1 on the iPhone 4S...

The name of the location shown is incorrect on my widget. It shows the name of a city like 20 minutes away from me, so I was wondering how I can change the city name to match where I am?? (I live in Debar, Macedonia..and it shows a city called 'Lazaropole') I tried manually putting in the coordinates in the 'myLocation.text' file, but it still shows the wrong city. It shows the correct weather since I'm only 20 minutes away, but I just want to change the name of the place. How can I do this?
    (remember... I'm using frakman1's version, so I have no configureme.js in the HTCAniPPH folder)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arbank94 View Post
    Hi... I'm using frakman1's HTC Animated Weather Widget for PPHTML + GPS + Calendar... I have everything fixed. Weather works perfectly, and MyLocation is working fine. I'm using 5.1.1 on the iPhone 4S...

The name of the location shown is incorrect on my widget. It shows the name of a city like 20 minutes away from me, so I was wondering how I can change the city name to match where I am?? (I live in Debar, Macedonia..and it shows a city called 'Lazaropole') I tried manually putting in the coordinates in the 'myLocation.text' file, but it still shows the wrong city. It shows the correct weather since I'm only 20 minutes away, but I just want to change the name of the place. How can I do this?
    (remember... I'm using frakman1's version, so I have no configureme.js in the HTCAniPPH folder)
    If I remember correctly there is also a location.js. Inside that location.js there should be a function called UpdateLocation() in which the latitude and longitude from the myLocation.txt file are being "imported". At the end, but still inside that UpdateLocation function, add the code you find in the last post of this thread, WorldWeatherOnline rather then Yahoo Weather.
    Leave out the first and last line, so using just everything from "var url ......})" (you don't need the function addressLocation(){ and the closing bracket }.
    OK, in the line "var address=data.results[0].formatted_address;" you can set the number from 0 to 6, but try 1 first. 0 will give you street, house number, village/town/city, country. 1 will give you just village/town/city and country.
    Next search for a css style called "city" and rename it to "address".
    That should do it.
    If the name is too long still try a different number, like 2, etc. maybe also reduce the font size of "address". Just play around a bit.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

arbank94 (05-27-2013), King_O_Hill (05-27-2013), lostinthemes (05-28-2013), RKO1195 (05-28-2013), siemprelisto (05-28-2013)

Thanks for that reponse... Easy to follow steps.
    Okay so I followed step by step everything that you told me to do. This is what my location.js looks like, after I coped your code for the new function:
    -img_2444.png

Everything ok here?? This is right above the 'function getCoordinates', and inside the 'function UpdateLocation ()' at the end.

Okay now, I can't seem to find a css style named City anywhere... not in the HTC folder at least. So is this file supposed to be in another directory?? And what's the exact name of the css, 'city.css'? I think this is the only thing left I need, and it should work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arbank94 View Post
    Thanks for that reponse... Easy to follow steps.
    Okay so I followed step by step everything that you told me to do. This is what my location.js looks like, after I coped your code for the new function:
    -img_2444.png

Everything ok here?? This is right above the 'function getCoordinates', and inside the 'function UpdateLocation ()' at the end.

Okay now, I can't seem to find a css style named City anywhere... not in the HTC folder at least. So is this file supposed to be in another directory?? And what's the exact name of the css, 'city.css'? I think this is the only thing left I need, and it should work.
    You need to locate your .css file and inside look for #city

Okay, so I was able to change the city css to address, it was in the location.css file. This is what my location.css looks like now, with the 'city' changed to 'address':
    -img_2446.png

Okay so afterwards, I respringed my phone, and now the weather shows up even worse.

-img_2447.png
    As you can see, it still shows the wrong location in small font in the top left in white... and the degrees symbol is off to the right a little bit.
    Here's what I did just to make sure I did everything right:
    (1) I copied Rasputin's code to my location.js, at the end of the 'UpdateLocation()' function
    (2) I changed my city css to 'address'

Was there anything else that I was supposed to do, or is it just these 2 things??

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Sorry, my fault!
    Should have looked at the code BEFORE I give suggestions, as the location.js is not the usual location.js.
    OK, new approach. Tested it in Dreamweaver and it works.
    1.) delete the code you placed in the UpdateLocation() function, the "var url .... })".
    2.) use the full addressLocation() function and make it look like this

Code:
    function getCoordinates(request) {
    if (request == "") {
    clearTimeout(refrechLocationTimer);
    validateWeatherLocation(escape(locale).replace(/^%u/g, "%"), setPostal);
    }
    else
    {
    var substr = request.split('\n');
    var templatitude=(substr[0]).split('=');
    var templongitude=(substr[1]).split('=');
    latitude = trimString(templatitude[1]);
    longitude = trimString(templongitude[1]);

if (prevlatitude != latitude || prevlongitude != longitude) {
    prevlatitude = latitude;
    prevlongitude = longitude;	
    getWoeid ();
    addressLocation();
    }
    }
    }
    function addressLocation() {  
    var url = "http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/json?latlng=" + latitude + "," + longitude + "&sensor=false"
    	$.getJSON(url, function(data) {
    	 var address=data.results[6].formatted_address;
    	  document.getElementById("address").innerText=address;
    	})
     }
    Basically adding the complete addressLocation() function and calling it from the getCoordinates(request)
    function, as that is the function that gets the latitude and longitude variables which you need for the url, same as for the url in the getWoeid() .

3.) the location.css
    copy the #address style and rename it #city so you both, #address and #city
    then set the top value in the #city to 700, should look like this

Code:
    #city{
    	position:absolute;
    	top:700px;
    	left:20px;
    	color: #d1d1d1; 
    	text-shadow: 0px 1px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7);	
    	/*text-shadow: #FFFFFF 0px 1px 0px;*/
    	font-size: 18px;
    	font-weight: bold;
    }

#address{
    	position:absolute;
    	top:137px;
    	left:20px;
    	color: #d1d1d1; 
    	text-shadow: 0px 1px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7);	
    	/*text-shadow: #FFFFFF 0px 1px 0px;*/
    	font-size: 18px;
    	font-weight: bold;
    }
    4.) Widget_full.html
    look in the body tag (end of file) for
    Code:
    <a id="city"></a>
    copy it, paste it right behind it and rename "city" to "address, should look like
    Code:
    <a id="city"></a><a id="address"></a>
    That's it
    I have picked the number 6 in the "var address=data.results[6].formatted_address;", as it seemed to be the shortest line, but you might have to try different numbers
    Code:
    results[0].formatted_address: "275-291 Bedford Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11211, USA",
    results[1].formatted_address: "Williamsburg, NY, USA",
    results[2].formatted_address: "New York 11211, USA",
    results[3].formatted_address: "Kings, New York, USA",
    results[4].formatted_address: "Brooklyn, New York, USA",
    results[5].formatted_address: "New York, New York, USA",
    results[6].formatted_address: "New York, USA",
    results[7].formatted_address: "United States"

Source Developer Google site
    Last edited by rasputin007; 05-28-2013 at 03:05 AM.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (05-30-2013), MamaJaay (05-28-2013), RKO1195 (05-30-2013)

Page 135 of 136 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125133134135136 LastLast