+ Reply
Page 134 of 136 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124132133134135136 LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 2706

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Try this: Place both themes into one theme folder. Then create a new LockBackground.html file with the code that I have below. Code: <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/> </head>
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,371 Times in 5,995 Posts

Try this:

Place both themes into one theme folder.

Then create a new LockBackground.html file with the code that I have below.

Code:
    <html>
    	<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/>

</head>

<body onLoad="onLoad();">

<object data="BaSalt/LockBackground.html"  type="text/html" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 0px; width: 320px; height: 568px; z-index:1; display:;"/> </object> 
    <object data="e6/LockBackground.html"  type="text/html" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 0px; width: 320px; height: 568px; z-index:2; display:;"/> </object> 

</body>
    </html>
    Look at this:

<object data="BaSalt/LockBackground.html"

Where I have "BaSalt", you need to edit to the actual folder name. Do the same for "e6"
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

signori (04-29-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Try this:

Place both themes into one theme folder.

Then create a new LockBackground.html file with the code that I have below.

Code:
    <html>
    	<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/>

</head>

<body onLoad="onLoad();">

<object data="BaSalt/LockBackground.html"  type="text/html" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 0px; width: 320px; height: 568px; z-index:1; display:;"/> </object> 
    <object data="e6/LockBackground.html"  type="text/html" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 0px; width: 320px; height: 568px; z-index:2; display:;"/> </object> 

</body>
    </html>
    Look at this:

<object data="BaSalt/LockBackground.html"

Where I have "BaSalt", you need to edit to the actual folder name. Do the same for "e6"
    I am going to try it now. But what do I do for the Config.js files. Do I add them into one Config.js. Thanks.

Update:
    I did what you said put both theme folders into one folder and made a LockBackground.html file. I put the exact folder names like you said. Applied it with winterboard. So the E6 lockscreen shows but not the Basalt theme. Well when the lock screen is loading the basalt overlay shows but then disappears.
    Last edited by signori; 04-29-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    I am going to try it now. But what do I do for the Config.js files. Do I add them into one Config.js. Thanks.
    No, leave all as is.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

Thanks
    Thanked 8,499 Times in 4,305 Posts

No, leave all as is.
    Won't he need to change some Z-index levels of the 3? And what about commonly named image folders? Will he have to change any names of those folders that are named the same thing and then change the calls in the HTML files themselves?

Love this idea, King! Thanks for your help!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-30-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Won't he need to change some Z-index levels of the 3? And what about commonly named image folders? Will he have to change any names of those folders that are named the same thing and then change the calls in the HTML files themselves?

Love this idea, King! Thanks for your help!
    No, that's why you put the entire folder into your new theme folder. Notice that the directory path is different for each HTML file.

Thanks

No, that's why you put the entire folder into your new theme folder. Notice that the directory path is different for each HTML file.
    Ah of course. What about z-index issues, though? I see you mark one z-index:1 and one z-index: 2 in the two object data calls - do those z-indexes supercede the z-index values deeper in the other LS widgets?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-29-2013 at 07:29 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-30-2013)

Thanks

No, they may need to be adjusted. Also any full page images may need to be eliminated. Still though, fairly simple.

Thanks

No, they may need to be adjusted. Also any full page images may need to be eliminated. Still though, fairly simple.
    Yes, this has given me a method for looking, in TacoHTML Edit, at MJ's Timed Walls with Ian's UniAW6.1 running on top of it - I think... Now...
    1) ..will the Wallpaper.html designation of MJ's Timed Walls and Widget.html designation of UniAW make any difference in the piggyback method? I think the difference between Wallpaper and Widget is only needed for a distinction in WinterBoard itself where Widget.html runs OVER any Wallpaper.htmls - right? That's what my emerging 'coding chops mind' tell me.. Am I on?
    2) For the purpose of running two htmls with each other in a LivePreview mode in Taco - I could call those 2 distinct html files anything I wanted - right?

And MJ's walls are set to z-index -9999 - so I think that gets me clear of any conflicting z-indexes. Well there's nothing like experimenting. Off to try now..

Thanks for the great tutorial. I knew piggyback's application for using WallpaperJPEGifier as well as its application to 'box up' in a container widget elements to move them up or down all at once (as in prepping an SB Widget to iWidget conversion) but I never thought of two object datas in one folder pointing to two different folders. Piggyback is the 'gift that just keeps giving' to the wannabe new coder. LOL!!

Thanks, sir!
    Grant

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-30-2013)

Thanks

Brian,
    I had such fun tonight testing all this. I was able to get almost all my elements (minus icons) on a single screen in LivePreview. Simply by adding more and more piggyback obj data lines in a single html.

And I DID confirm that the z-index values of the call in my created 'Main.html', piggyback file, DO override other z-index entries in the individual widget folders and .css z-index values themselves. UniAW6, for example, uses z-indexes between 0 and 100 for all elements. But even when I set the piggyback z-index for UniAW to 300 and MJ's timed walls to 299, the UniAW animations were on TOP of the timed walls in the other folder. If the z-index numbers nested in the subfolder governed UniAW - then the animations should have been hidden with MJ's walls set to 299. So that's REALLY good to have learned.

Thanks for the folder in folder trick. SO much easier than renaming duplicate Images folders. LOL!

Heading to bed now. Up WAAAY too late tonight with all this nonsense.. My addiction.. LOL!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-30-2013 at 12:15 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-30-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,503 Times in 3,959 Posts

Side note:
    Calling more and more HTML's and different CSS and config files is going to eat through ram.

(That's how smash started)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Side note:
    Calling more and more HTML's and different CSS and config files is going to eat through ram.

(That's how smash started)
    This was only for testing purposes on my computer, MJ. And 3 of the elements I made the calls for were non weather iWidgets. . And the first was your Timed walls which aren't ram intensive at all. I was just looking for a way, thru live preview mode in TacoHtmlEdit on my Mac, to see all I run on my SB.

Thanks

Has someone found the issue to the location update without respringing? I've reset all settings with no success. Thanks

The fix that was found was to go to the settings app and under "general/reset" apply "reset network settings".
    Did u find the solution for this?

Quote Originally Posted by uriah View Post
    Ok done.
    I hope now it will be updated each time I travel...
    Thanks
    Last edited by Dalvar3; 05-06-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dalvar3 View Post
    Has someone found the issue to the location update without respringing? I've reset all settings with no success. Thanks

Did u find the solution for this?
    For the vast majority of us who were having the problem, the "reset all settings" made the problem go away. But there were still a few people experiencing what you're experiencing. The current theory is that there's some conflict with another tweak you're using. Have you tried turning off all tweaks and seeing if The update location works after that? Add the new Cydia Source: http://exile90software.com/cydia/ . And then download a tweak called iCleanerPro. In it there's a place where you can turn off all mobile substrates. Leave the switches next to the things called "daemons" all on. Don't change any of those switches. But Turn off all mobile substrate switches except the one for winterboard And myLocation. Then test the phone's ability to update your location with all those other things turned off. If it works, then that proves that one of the other tweaks you are using is interfering with the widget getting the updated location information. The only way to test for which one is causing the problem is to go back into iCleaner and turn each of those mobile substrate switches on one by one and retest the phone's ability to update the widget after each new switch you turn back on. It's a long and painful process. But it's the only way to find out the problem. However, If the phone does not update even with all the mobile substrates switches turned off, then there's some other problem that is unique to your phone. For most of us it is working fine.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 05-07-2013 at 05:10 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (05-14-2013)

Thanks

Ouch, that'll be painful but i'll try it. Thanks.

<can someone pls confirm if the fact of not having "on" apply hierarchically on /var/mobile/Documents affects myLocation.txt to be pulled or something?.

I cannot modify that setup>

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    For the vast majority of us who were having the problem, the "reset all settings" made the problem go away. But there were still a few people experiencing what you're experiencing. The current theory is that there's some conflict with another tweak you're using. Have you tried turning off all tweaks and seeing if The update location works after that? Add the new Cydia Source: http://exile90software.com/cydia/ . And then download a tweak called iCleanerPro. In it there's a place where you can turn off all mobile substrates. Leave the switches next to the things called "daemons" all on. Don't change any of those switches. But Turn off all mobile substrate switches except the one for winterboard And myLocation. Then test the phone's ability to update your location with all those other things turned off. If it works, then that proves that one of the other tweaks you are using is interfering with the widget getting the updated location information. The only way to test for which one is causing the problem is to go back into iCleaner and turn each of those mobile substrate switches on one by one and retest the phone's ability to update the widget after each new switch you turn back on. It's a long and painful process. But it's the only way to find out the problem. If the phone does not update even with all the mobile substrates which is turned off, then there's some other problem that is unique to your phone. For most of us it is working fine.
    Last edited by Dalvar3; 05-07-2013 at 12:30 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone donkeylarry's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey ALL!!! Would anyone we willing to take a look and fix the GPS weather on this LS?!? It's my favorite thing on my phone and I have tried everything I can within my limited capability. It hasn't worked since the notorious blip several weeks back.

You would become my favorite person in the world if you can fix this!!! Thanks so much in advance!!!

http://www.dropbox.com/sh/97v6xupjvr43j15/UcV34iPCpv

Thanks
    Thanked 15,567 Times in 4,078 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donkeylarry View Post
    Hey ALL!!! Would anyone we willing to take a look and fix the GPS weather on this LS?!? It's my favorite thing on my phone and I have tried everything I can within my limited capability. It hasn't worked since the notorious blip several weeks back.

You would become my favorite person in the world if you can fix this!!! Thanks so much in advance!!!

Pm NateD it is his widget by looks of it
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

Thanks
    Thanked 5,014 Times in 1,712 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donkeylarry View Post

Well you would need to zip it up so we could see what you got it looks like you got two widgets in that folder
    WidgetWeather ​Thread

Thanks

Thanks! I'll try to zip this tomorrow.

Thanks

Ok here is the link to the zip folder which contains the LS. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f981yjthay9zd9b/NateDMios.zip

And this is an image of the LS.

GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme-ls-photo.png

26. The Following User Says Thank You to donkeylarry For This Useful Post:

v12 (05-19-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default New MyLocation link not working in Cydia
    I installed the new MyLocation following your instructions below. It was working fine, but then it stopped updating. I tried to reinstall the repo but the link is not working on Cydia. Could you please check it?

Thanks

MyLocation App update for 5.1.1 - 6.1.2 from bushe! Incase you are having problems, this app is working fine. You may need an updated location.js file. If it has been updated, and still not updating go to settings/general/reset and reset all settings, this will not affect your JB!
    Download these Instructions - Instructions!
    To install the MyLocation app, just add my repo and install it! - http://cydia.myrepospace.com/kohidevice/:

I installed the new MyLocation following your instructions below. It was working fine, but then it stopped updating. I tried to reinstall the repo but the link is not working on Cydia. Could you please check it?

Thanks

MyLocation App update for 5.1.1 - 6.1.2 from bushe! Incase you are having problems, this app is working fine. You may need an updated location.js file. If it has been updated, and still not updating go to settings/general/reset and reset all settings, this will not affect your JB!
    Download these Instructions - Instructions!
    To install the MyLocation app, just add my repo and install it! - http://cydia.myrepospace.com/kohidevice/:

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2013, 02:27 PM
  2. 03-15-2013, 10:09 AM
  3. 08-11-2012, 12:06 AM
  4. 03-03-2012, 12:38 PM