Page 131 of 136 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 2706

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

I have the lastest LS from Max_Pa1n for the iphone 5 and I can confirm too, in the background it does NOT update. MyLocation works just fine, installation went without any problems so there is something not working right.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I use one of NateD's iWidgets located here:

nateD_1NfraBlue_Reflect.zip

Or you can use my LS from here:

TEK_StingRay_Mashup_Combo.zip
    Cool, I'll try them out. I was just reading a thread that you commented on several times. There are a lot of people having this issue and it seems the consensus was the way iOS 6 turns on cellular and WiFi functionality might be causing the widgets not to update unless you respring.

I use one of NateD's iWidgets located here:

nateD_1NfraBlue_Reflect.zip

Or you can use my LS from here:

TEK_StingRay_Mashup_Combo.zip
    I just put these in the PerPage file, correct?
    Last edited by bfichtner; 03-29-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm looking for a little help from any javascript coding experts regarding GPS weather on my Lockscreen mod:
    Attachment 628056
    Here is a link to download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkfhxsymfr...y%20mod.LS.rar

My problem is with the current weather not the 4-day forecast. It's not behaving like GPS weather should. If I change locations, it does not update to the new weather for that location.....the 4-day forecast does but not the current weather. I've been working on this for days and I'm starting to go nuts! Best I can see by looking at the code is that the 4-day forecast gets location from the MyLocation.txt file in the .../documents/ folder while the current forecast does not - it seems to be looking for something from "LibWeather". I'd like to change the code so it too looks for the MyLocation.txt but over the last couple of days I've been unsuccessful. Any help at all would be GREATLY appreciated. Please let me know if you need any more info to diagnose problem.
    I have the same probleme with My Location. If i would to have the weather that i live, i make a respring. It is not automaticaly

Quote Originally Posted by bfichtner View Post
    Cool, I'll try them out. I was just reading a thread that you commented on several times. There are a lot of people having this issue and it seems the consensus was the way iOS 6 turns on cellular and WiFi functionality might be causing the widgets not to update unless you respring.

I just put these in the PerPage file, correct?
    The iWidget one needs the iWidget tweak in Cydia. Once you use this, you will not use PerPageHTML, it's very similar, but much better.

The LS gets put in Winterboard

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

The iWidget one needs the iWidget tweak in Cydia. Once you use this, you will not use PerPageHTML, it's very similar, but much better.

The LS gets put in Winterboard
    Yeah, I've been playing with iWidget all day. I like it better but I really would like one like HTCAniPPH with weather animation. Isn't there a way to convert this to an iWidget?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramses2 View Post
    I have the same probleme with My Location. If i would to have the weather that i live, i make a respring. It is not automaticaly
    Wow. Reading the thread, it seems that MANY people are having this same problem. I'm glad I'm not alone. Hope to read about a fix soon. Happy to help if anyone is working on a solution.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,654 Times in 4,342 Posts

Guys, the setTimeout function has problems in IOS6.

LINK
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-30-2013 at 06:03 AM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-30-2013), King_O_Hill (03-30-2013), lostinthemes (03-30-2013), macinmac (03-30-2013), Marty McFly (03-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post

LINK
    Thanks Ian, I knew it had something to do with the timers, I just could not remember the details!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-30-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-30-2013), Marty McFly (03-30-2013)

So we have to add " setTimeout(function(){alert("HI")}, 1000, true); " = the "true" option to the code where is set to update?

Sweet! I'll check it out.

Do I set on the location.js or the HTML script?
    Last edited by bfichtner; 03-30-2013 at 09:18 AM.

Thanks

I will be posting the new UniAW6.0 in a new thread on Sunday or Monday, I'm in the process of writing page 1 now.
    Once it's up you should look at the new parts of the code that Dacal implemented to get around this.

I'm not very clear with this part of the js, but I believe it's something to do with the timers needing to be cleared because they get stuck or are ignored.

Dacal woud be the one to answer you, but I think he has a hangover today

EDIT, I just attached the UniAW6 javascript files here so you can have a look.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-30-2013 at 09:33 AM.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

bfichtner (03-30-2013), cuzin (03-30-2013), joshlogic (04-02-2013), King_O_Hill (03-30-2013), lostinthemes (03-30-2013), Marty McFly (03-30-2013), stratnik (03-30-2013)

GetWeather(woeid); setInterval('GetWeather(woeid)', 1000*20*60 );

Here?

Ok, cool. Thanks

I will be posting the new UniAW6.0 in a new thread on Sunday or Monday, I'm in the process of writing page 1 now.
    Once it's up you should look at the new parts of the code that Dacal implemented to get around this.

I'm not very clear with this part of the js, but I believe it's something to do with the timers needing to be cleared because they get stuck or are ignored.

Dacal woud be the one to answer you.

What file do I replace, Location?

Sorry, working out and posting doesn't mix. I'll play with it and see what I can figure out.

Appreciate all your help!
    Last edited by bfichtner; 03-30-2013 at 09:41 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bfichtner For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-30-2013)

Wow. Reading the thread, it seems that MANY people are having this same problem. I'm glad I'm not alone. Hope to read about a fix soon. Happy to help if anyone is working on a solution.
    And then there are others that do not have any problems at all
    Is that "every coin has 2 sides" thingy!
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-30-2013)

Dacal woud be the one to answer you, but I think he has a hangover today

Thanks so much for posting this. I'm sort of new at the coding end but have learned a lot in the last couple of days. I assume the two files in the ZIP are replacement location.js and weather.js files. I tried just dropping them into an existing widget and lost my weather display (I guess I was a little optimistic that it would be that easy - lol. Always good to keep that backup). Just wondering what sort of customizing has to be done to get this working? I know that's a hard question to answer not seeing the code of the widget I'm trying to use it with. If possible, would you be able to post a sample HTML along with those two .js files so we can see how to properly call all of the javascript elements in these particular js files from within the HTML?

LOL does that question even make sense? LOL

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    And then there are others that do not have any problems at all
    Is that "every coin has 2 sides" thingy!
    haha - yes indeed very true. I'm just surprised that if there IS a fix out there for this, why so many people are still having the issue? People seem to be indicating that it could be cause by an outdated location.js file being used that doesn't have the timeout function??

Is there a specific post or a web-page somewhere that clearly outlines how to implement new JS files into an existing theme to enable GPS weather updating? If so, Does it outline some of the common problems one might have doing this? If this type of reference does not exist, then I guess I'm not surprised so many of us are still having issues - lol.

If I can get this working, it would be my pleasure to put a tutorial together so your not bothered by people who have this problem. You can then just forward them to the document......I guess I have to get this working first - lol.

Thanks again!

LINK
    Thanks for this! It sounds like this could be the answer so many of us have been looking for. Comparing a working location.js file to a non working one (ie one that updates automatically and one that doesn't) I did indeed find this:

refreshLocationTimer = setTimeout("UpdateLocation();", 1000*20); // Refresh location every 20 secondes

However it also looks like there are many other differences (lol) - not just that one line. What exactly has to be done to add this feature and make it a working script?
    Thanks so much!
    Last edited by Marty McFly; 03-30-2013 at 06:10 PM.

I'm just surprised that if there IS a fix out there for this, why so many people are still having the issue? People seem to be indicating that it could be cause by an outdated location.js file being used that doesn't have the timeout function??

Is there a specific post or a web-page somewhere that clearly outlines how to implement new JS files into an existing theme to enable GPS weather updating? If so, Does it outline some of the common problems one might have doing this? If this type of reference does not exist, then I guess I'm not surprised so many of us are still having issues - lol.
    In my case it is not a fix. Don't need one as there is nothing to be fixed. LOL
    I don't use MyLocation, location.js or refresh timer at all, actually not true I still use one setTimeout in the clock javascript to run it every second, but that works fine .
    Just GPS (on demand!) and database, every time the LS is opened it updates automatically, nearly forgot, I don't use Yahoo either.
    So, you see, my way of doing things is completely different to the remaining 99.9999% of themes, widgets and iWidgets, well, at least it works without hiccups so far
    Last edited by rasputin007; 03-30-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-30-2013), King_O_Hill (03-30-2013), RKO1195 (03-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    In my case it is not a fix. Don't need one as there is nothing to be fixed. LOL
    I don't use MyLocation, location.js or refresh timer at all.
    Just GPS (on demand!) and database, every time the LS is opened it updates automatically, nearly forgot, I don't use Yahoo either.
    Wow - very cool. I've read a bit about that but I think it intimidates me a little because I am not a coder. I can look at existing code, compare it to other code and then manipulate certain lines here and there but that's about it. I will certainly read up a little more on your method. Thanks for your time rasputin007 - you are a legend around here!!!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-30-2013), rasputin007 (03-31-2013)

Thanks

The issue is the timers get frozen when the phone enters sleep mode, but setInterval seems to work ok.

Have a read through a couple of pages of the UniAW thread starting from this page

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-31-2013), King_O_Hill (03-30-2013), Marty McFly (03-30-2013), RKO1195 (03-30-2013)

The issue is the timers get frozen when the phone enters sleep mode, but setInterval seems to work ok.

Have a read through a couple of pages of the UniAW thread starting from this page
    Hi Ian. Thanks so much for your answer and time. It blows my mind how smart you guys are with this stuff. I thought I was pretty good but nothing in comparison to you guys. I have read the UniAW thread starting from page 135. I read a few pages forward and a few pages back. Unfortunately I'm not any closer to solving this 'no updating' issue. So sorry if I'm being a pain in the ***! Here is a link to my weather.js file which I believe is the problem. From what I can tell, this weather.js files is a location.js file and a weather.js all in one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yo1clbymr2cr5uh/Weather.js

It seems that the top half of the file is for location and the bottom half is for weather? I've tried playing with the top half, comparing it to other "working" location.js files but when I make any changes (ie: adding the 'setinterval' option), I loose the weather completely.

I should mention that this weather.js files is for the current weather on my LS only. The 4-day forecast updates on the fly fine!

If you have any time at all and are able to have a look at this file for me, I would TOTALLY appreciate it!

Thank you so much in advance. You guys truly humble me and I aspire to your greatness!!!

You guys have to remember that all of the stuff that is floating around has been initially written by just a handful of people. But then it has been modded and remodded and then modded again. Sometimes to the point that it is hardly recognized by the original coder.

I can't speak for Ian, but I know we do have a similar train of thought, in that a completely new UniAW is in the works and almost complete. With that said, I'm not too interested in meddling with old rehashed code that is not compatible with iOS 6. I am interested in using the new code that has been completely rewritten to move forward.

Sometimes to innovate, you need to draw the line and leave the past for the future! So hang in there guys and we can all brave a new path to a new destiny!

Damn that last part was corny, but sounded good while I was on a roll!

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

bfichtner (03-31-2013), blkmini (03-31-2013), cuzin (03-31-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-31-2013), lostinthemes (03-31-2013), rasputin007 (03-31-2013), RKO1195 (03-31-2013)

You guys have to remember that all of the stuff that is floating around has been initially written by just a handful of people. But then it has been modded and remodded and then modded again. Sometimes to the point that it is hardly recognized by the original coder.

I can't speak for Ian, but I know we do have a similar train of thought, in that a completely new UniAW is in the works and almost complete. With that said, I'm not too interested in meddling with old rehashed code that is not compatible with iOS 6. I am interested in using the new code that has been completely rewritten to move forward.

Sometimes to innovate, you need to draw the line and leave the past for the future! So hang in there guys and we can all brave a new path to a new destiny!

Damn that last part was corny, but sounded good while I was on a roll!
    +1000

30. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-31-2013)

Page 131 of 136 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121129130131132133 ... LastLast