+ Reply
Page 130 of 136 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 2706

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Thanks bushe!
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,264 Times in 3,988 Posts

Thanks bushe!

iPhone? More like MyPhone SHARON1O's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EricB78 View Post
    I made a couple alternate overlays for this if anyone wants them:

possible in purple and pink ¿¿¿¿¿ my signature color if possible , and with this bar in the dock

GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme-3klg5.png
    Last edited by SHARON1O; 03-12-2013 at 08:34 AM.

" ​Quiereme cuando menos lo merezca , y sera cuando mas lo necesite " X X X ....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SHARON1O For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-20-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey, this is awesome, except its not working in iOS 3.1.3 or 4.2.1. The MyLocation app just crashes out when launching. Bummer :/

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,083 Times in 5,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by barcosinho View Post
    Hey, this is awesome, except its not working in iOS 3.1.3 or 4.2.1. The MyLocation app just crashes out when launching. Bummer :/
    It sounds like a permissions issue. Look at my sig and download the instructions and follow only the part that explains how to set the permissions and then see if it works!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 03-23-2013 at 12:35 PM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    rasputin007 = legend

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Due to some problems that are related to iFile use and permission/ownership, I updated that Graphical Setup Guide to 5 chapters now.

CHAPTER 1 database and graphical setup
    CHAPTER 2 database and LockBackground.html
    CHAPTER 3 database handling in iOS 6.1
    CHAPTER 4 database and GPS
    CHAPTER 5 ownership and permissions

That should about cover everything you need to know and how to use it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to small8e For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (03-30-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,974 Times in 906 Posts

Hi everyone,
    I'm looking for a little help from any javascript coding experts regarding GPS weather on my Lockscreen mod:
    GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme-photo.png
    Here is a link to download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkfhxsymfr...y%20mod.LS.rar

My problem is with the current weather not the 4-day forecast. It's not behaving like GPS weather should. If I change locations, it does not update to the new weather for that location.....the 4-day forecast does but not the current weather. I've been working on this for days and I'm starting to go nuts! Best I can see by looking at the code is that the 4-day forecast gets location from the MyLocation.txt file in the .../documents/ folder while the current forecast does not - it seems to be looking for something from "LibWeather". I'd like to change the code so it too looks for the MyLocation.txt but over the last couple of days I've been unsuccessful. Any help at all would be GREATLY appreciated. Please let me know if you need any more info to diagnose problem.
    Last edited by Marty McFly; 04-04-2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Solved

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

v12 (04-21-2013)

Thanks

You gotta hit 88 mph for the location weather to change! JK!

Libweather refers to the mobile substrate that pulls from the stock weather app or as it is referred to "Native weather".

It's odd to have a mix of native and GPS! For now, to update it you need to open the stock weather app each time you change location for it to update. It's the one flaw in using native weather. That's why it was kinda abandoned as a feasible method of getting weather.

I haven't looked at your code yet, but I may take a look later. I just thought I would give you a little background first.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (03-28-2013)

Thanks

Thanks so much for the quick reply "Hank" - lol. I really appreciate your help. I'm pretty good with all this stuff but just can't seem to wrap my head around this.

Opening the native weather app unfortunately does not update the lockscreen current weather. Not sure why?? I installed a 'location spoofing app' and changed my location just for the 'MyLocation' app and native weather app. The LS 4-day forecast (and my SB weather widget mind you) both changed right away. The LS still has my home town for current weather - which is confusing me even more because I haven't told it what my home town is so it's getting that via GPS (I guess) but not updating when I'm in a different location??

So sorry to keep rambling like this but staring at code for 3 days straight has taken it's toll - lol. The way I understand GPS weather is that it can be obtained in one of two ways:

1) Getting location from the "local weather" part of the native iPhone weather app and subsequently getting the appropriate weather that way.
    2) Actually using your phone's GPS coordinates to obtain location and then weather.

The alternative is to put your location code into a "config" file and that just takes GPS right out of the equation correct?

Do I have all that right?

Thanks again for your reply and time! If you have a chance to look at my code later, that would be AWESOME!!! Let me know if you need anything else from me.

EDIT: I just 're-sprung' and the current weather on the homescreen updated to the new "spoofed" location. Not sure why as I tried re-springing a number of times earlier. Regardless, I would still love to change it so current weather is using the same code as the 4-day forecast.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    You gotta hit 88 mph for the location weather to change! JK!

Libweather refers to the mobile substrate that pulls from the stock weather app or as it is referred to "Native weather".

It's odd to have a mix of native and GPS! For now, to update it you need to open the stock weather app each time you change location for it to update. It's the one flaw in using native weather. That's why it was kinda abandoned as a feasible method of getting weather.

I haven't looked at your code yet, but I may take a look later. I just thought I would give you a little background first.
    Last edited by Marty McFly; 03-28-2013 at 08:46 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-28-2013)

Thanks

Yes, you are understanding correctly.

I will take a look later when I have some time.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (03-28-2013)

Thanks

Awesome thanks man! I REALLY appreciate it!

Yes, you are understanding correctly.

I will take a look later when I have some time.
    Last edited by Marty McFly; 03-28-2013 at 11:15 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-28-2013)

Thanks

Hi everyone. What are some reasons a SB weather widget would not update a location/weather in real time (ie: on the fly)?

1) I have installed 'MyLocation' correctly and it shows up and is turned on in Location Services.
    2) Sig. Change is turned on
    3) If I launch the 'MyLocation' app, then close it and respring, the location/weather do indeed get updated.
    4) I don't think it's an 'update interval' issue because I've been home for over an hour and my phone still says I'm at work. Before I left work I did #3 above.

I assume the issue is that the "MyLocation.txt" file is only getting updated when I go into the app for some reason. How frequently is it suppose to get updated and can you alter that frequency?

Has anyone experienced this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much in advance.

Thanks

The myLocation.txt file gets updated when there is a SIGnificant CHANGE (SIG CHANGE, get it) in your position.

However, your widget will have a set interval that it will go out and get that file and then update accordingly. It will also do it with any respring. Opening the myLocation app has no effect on a change.

If you want, open the myLocation app and turn sig change to off. Then copy and rename the mylocation.txt to save your current location. Now open the original myLocation.txt file and change the coordinates that are in there. Now respring, your location should change.

Now you can open the myLocation app and turn sig change back on. Lock your phone and then unlock it. Now compare the 2 files they should have the same coordinates in them. This will prove that the myLocation app is working fine.

Remember, this app ONLY generates coordinates. It's up to the widget to do the rest. I will DL your widget, but my guess is that it has an outdated location.js file.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (03-29-2013)

Thanks

The myLocation.txt file gets updated when there is a SIGnificant CHANGE (SIG CHANGE, get it) in your position.

However, your widget will have a set interval that it will go out and get that file and then update accordingly. It will also do it with any respring. Opening the myLocation app has no effect on a change.

If you want, open the myLocation app and turn sig change to off. Then copy and rename the mylocation.txt to save your current location. Now open the original myLocation.txt file and change the coordinates that are in there. Now respring, your location should change.

Now you can open the myLocation app and turn sig change back on. Lock your phone and then unlock it. Now compare the 2 files they should have the same coordinates in them. This will prove that the myLocation app is working fine.

Remember, this app ONLY generates coordinates. It's up to the widget to do the rest. I will DL your widget, but my guess is that it has an outdated location.js file.
    Thanks again for the quick reply king! I should mention that I am having two separate issues.

1) The LS I posted earlier. I'm hoping to have the current weather get it's information the same way the 4-day forecast does - via the MyLocation.txt file and not through LibWeather and the Native app

2) This SB weather widget issue: I have followed your steps and the MyLocation app is indeed working properly! Thank you for helping me troubleshoot that. So I guess that means the problem is with the widget not going out and "getting" the MyLocation.txt file? Hmm, here is the SB widget I'm using if it's any help:
    boss.iOS now available on Theme it app
    If I'm not mistaken, there is no location.js file for the current weather, only one for the 2-day forecast? The current weather uses Scripts/Weather.js if I'm not mistaken...and this would be the line to retrieve the coordinates correct? Is this every 20 minutes:

GetWeather(woeid); setInterval('GetWeather(woeid)', 1000*20*60 );

Thanks again King. I appreciate your help and time.
    Last edited by Marty McFly; 03-29-2013 at 10:00 AM.

Thanks

Yes, that is every 20 minutes.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (03-29-2013)

Thanks

King, I'm having the same issue as McFly but with HTCAniPPH. MyLocation is working properly but the widget is not updating unless I respring. I'm guessing I have an out of date location.js files but have no idea how to fix it. I have been working on this for weeks and I just found this thread. Your help would be much appreciated. From what I have read it is using the old school "https://where.yahooapis..." for the location and weather. How do I change it to Google or is that even the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by bfichtner View Post
    King, I'm having the same issue as McFly but with HTCAniPPH. MyLocation is working properly but the widget is not updating unless I respring. I'm guessing I have an out of date location.js files but have no idea how to fix it. I have been working on this for weeks and I just found this thread. Your help would be much appreciated. From what I have read it is using the old school "https://where.yahooapis..." for the location and weather. How do I change it to Google or is that even the problem?
    Okay, I just updated with the location.js file that was posted on the previous page. I'll see what happens.

Well that didn't work, but I'm guess that because I need to change the config file as well. HELP!!
    Last edited by bfichtner; 03-29-2013 at 10:50 AM.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bfichtner For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-29-2013), Marty McFly (03-29-2013)

Thanks

These issues were discussed in length on the "UniAW5.0" thread about halfway down page 134.

See if that helps ya too.

Thanks

rasputin007, can I get the Google info in code format so I can upload into my iPhone.

These issues were discussed in length on the "UniAW5.0" thread about halfway down page 134.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

I looked at that thread and I don't see anything that has to do with my problem.

I give up!
    Last edited by bfichtner; 03-29-2013 at 11:30 AM.

Thanks

Did you use the method of testing the myLocation.txt file that I suggested above? If it is working, then it is a widget issue, not the app.

Thanks

Did you use the method of testing the myLocation.txt file that I suggested above? If it is working, then it is a widget issue, not the app.
    I have not tried the method mentioned above because the myLocation.txt file is being updated. I figured it's a widget issue but I have used at least 4 different widgets with some of them being new as of this month and none of them work.

Okay, I tried it just for fun and it works so it's the widget, which I figured. I still don't understand how none of them work. Do you have a working one I could try?
    Last edited by bfichtner; 03-29-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bfichtner View Post
    Okay, I tried it just for fun and it works so it's the widget, which I figured. I still don't understand how none of them work. Do you have a working one I could try?
    I use one of NateD's iWidgets located here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2aqlz954biak1ne

Or you can use my LS from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4wtfmakq2d7196y

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2013, 02:27 PM
  2. 03-15-2013, 10:09 AM
  3. 08-11-2012, 12:06 AM
  4. 03-03-2012, 12:38 PM