+ Reply
Page 128 of 136 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 2706

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by rasputin007 I am afraid to be a disappointment, but you actually have more coding knowledge then I. I never learned any programming language. I never worked with
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,977 Times in 4,503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    I am afraid to be a disappointment, but you actually have more coding knowledge then I.
    I never learned any programming language. I never worked with software etc at work.
    I am just a hobby coder that learns by example, common sense and most of all trail and error.
    Playing with Linux for over 15 years has pushed me a lot in that respect.
    Anyway I do not use Google for the weather, I only use Google for the location name. I use WorldWeatherOnline for weather.
    Yahoo simply sucks in any form!
    Workers with Linux know WAY more about code than the average person - but I accept you at your word. Yes. Getting a more accurate weather report system that's not a glut with code is my interest here. We can build it, Ras. Lol!! I'll be in touch.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (02-22-2013), rasputin007 (02-21-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,376 Times in 6,343 Posts

OK, I have had a few people, including myself, that have had an issue with the MyLocation app not updating their location properly.

Here is the solution to the problem:

After installation, go into the Settings app -> Privacy -> Location Services

The MyLocation app should show up here and be turned on for you to get updates while traveling.

If it is not there, you must re-install it using the Instructions in my sig until it is visible or it will only update by opening the app and allowing location services or a respring or reboot!

I hope this helps someone
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (02-22-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    OK, I have had a few people, including myself, that have had an issue with the MyLocation app not updating their location properly.

Here is the solution to the problem:

After installation, go into the Settings app -> Privacy -> Location Services

The MyLocation app should show up here and be turned on for you to get updates while traveling.

If it is not there, you must re-install it using the Instructions in my sig until it is visible or it will only update by opening the app and allowing location services or a respring or reboot!

I hope this helps someone
    I checked and mine is there and turned on. I have not tried your last suggestion yet. I'll travel out of the area today and see what results I get.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jlhardwick For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (02-22-2013), King_O_Hill (02-22-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jlhardwick View Post
    I checked and mine is there and turned on. I have not tried your last suggestion yet. I'll travel out of the area today and see what results I get.
    If yours shows up in location services, then you should be good to go. I would expect it to work just fine, but I appreciate you verifying it.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (02-22-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If yours shows up in location services, then you should be good to go. I would expect it to work just fine, but I appreciate you verifying it.
    Left the area and still no update. My Location did not complain but still not updating until I respring but will not update again until the next respring.

Looks like I stand corrected. After checking the coordinates in the mylocation.txt file it is updating so the problem seems to be with the LS themes not reading the file and updating.
    Last edited by jlhardwick; 02-22-2013 at 04:48 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

MyLocation app doesnt work with 6.1.2

Thanks
    Thanked 13,265 Times in 2,780 Posts

Mine just works fine after rebooting...otherwise it won't update the location

12. The Following User Says Thank You to smr_95 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-22-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 495 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elchlngon View Post
    Mine is also working.

Later;HIP5

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hip5 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-22-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elchlngon View Post
    Look in my sig and follow the instructions EXACTLY as the are written.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can someone please help me with my location app as I've tried multiple times (following Kings directions) but for some reason it's still not working. I'm on 4s with 6.1.2 App shows up in settings, works ok but when I use lock screen or I widget no GPS update, can someone please help, appreciate it.

B/w I'm using my phone after fresh restore so no old installation of the app is on my phone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hamkan View Post
    Can someone please help me with my location app as I've tried multiple times (following Kings directions) but for some reason it's still not working. I'm on 4s with 6.1.2 App shows up in settings, works ok but when I use lock screen or I widget no GPS update, can someone please help, appreciate it.

B/w I'm using my phone after fresh restore so no old installation of the app is on my phone.
    If you have followed my instructions EXACTLY, there's not much more that I can do.

You need to state what isn't working about it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

None of the LS or I widgets are picking the GPS from mylocation.txt file. App opens just fine, also shows up in settings so it seems its working but then the GPS update is not working in the widgets

Thanks

None of the LS or I widgets are picking the GPS from mylocation.txt file. App opens just fine, also shows up in settings so it seems its working but then the GPS update is not working in the widgets
    If you look in the documents folder and the time stamp on the file is updating as you travel, then it's not the myLocation app that is the problem. All that app does is update the myLocation.txt file. It is up to the widget to use the information properly.

If it appears to be working, then lets start looking at a specific widget.

Thanks

As has been stated several times in the last several pages of the thread, each of the iWidgets has an interval update time programmed into it that's usually between 15 and 30 minutes. The moment you drive into a new region the myLocation app will update but it may take the widgets between 15 and 30 minutes to display the name/weather of the new area. Does that sound like it could explain the issue you're having?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    As has been stated several times in the last several pages of the thread, each of the iWidgets has an interval update time programmed into it that's usually between 15 and 30 minutes. The moment you drive into a new region the myLocation app will update but it may take the widgets between 15 and 30 minutes to display the name/weather of the new area. Does that sound like it could explain the issue you're having?
    Ok, are you taking over helping from here?

I am trying to systematically nail down the problem, but if you got this, I will back off.

Good luck bro!

Thanks

Ok, are you taking over helping from here?

I am trying to systematically nail down the problem, but if you got this, I will back off.

Good luck bro!
    Knock yourself out, sir. I didn't see a whole line of questions before this. And your last post sounded like you were giving up. But I'm happy to take a back seat. Didn't mean to poke in where I didn't need to be... (tail between legs skulking away........)

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you look in the documents folder and the time stamp on the file is updating as you travel, then it's not the myLocation app that is the problem. All that app does is update the myLocation.txt file. It is up to the widget to use the information properly.

If it appears to be working, then lets start looking at a specific widget.
    Thank you for responding.

I see that the last update to the text file is as of this morning when I got to work. In the location path file the entry for that time says (null).

Also I've tried multiple iwidgets, Chevy's LS but still no update. I know widgets get updated after intervals but when you first start one then it should update from GPS correct? And thats not happening

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you for responding.

I see that the last update to the text file is as of this morning when I got to work. In the location path file the entry for that time says (null).

Also I've tried multiple iwidgets, Chevy's LS but still no update. I know widgets get updated after intervals but when you first start one then it should update from GPS correct? And thats not happening
    I too have the same problem. The date stamps on the mylocation.txt and location path.txt do seem to update when my location changes but no LS location changes even thought the update time changes on the lockscreen. I've tried Chevy's and several other lockscreen themes and none of them update the location unless I respring.

Thanks

Just to be sure, if you open the myLocation.txt file are there coordinates in there? If so, post them so I can see what I get with them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jlhardwick View Post
    The date stamps on the mylocation.txt and location path.txt do seem to update when my location changes but no LS location changes even thought the update time changes on the lockscreen. I've tried Chevy's and several other lockscreen themes and none of them update the location unless I respring.
    I too have the same problem. I think a problem in link: where.yahooapis.com/geocode?location=
    Last edited by amst; 02-24-2013 at 09:58 AM.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2013, 02:27 PM
  2. 03-15-2013, 10:09 AM
  3. 08-11-2012, 12:06 AM
  4. 03-03-2012, 12:38 PM