Page 127 of 136 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 2706

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Yes I will add a fourth chapter to this guide, Graphical Setup Part-1, dealing with GPS,database and how to built it into themes.
    Nice work you got going there bro!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

2. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (02-14-2013)

-image.jpg

Hi

Thank you.
    I will share it if the isue with memory drain is solved.
    The location on top is doing this.
    Its working good on my iphone 5 but sometimes the memory is going from 600mb down to 100mb.
    Iam working also now in this theme with realtime animation weather in the clock himself.
    If its done i upload both themes.

I let you know.
    Last edited by Platini2000; 02-13-2013 at 04:30 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Platini2000 For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (02-13-2013)

GPS and database, read chapter-4 in this guide Graphical Setup chapter 1

EDIT:
    If you want to try an example of this, then install "GPS Swipe 6.1" from the MMUS repo (apt.mmus.us).
    2 icons on home screen, one for theme setup the other for GPS.
    Be welcome to pick it to pieces, but be warned that you can not just change the code to whatever and then copy it back to the iPhone. Even if the code is perfectly OK, the theme will not work. The reasons are possible wrong file ownership and missing symlink (see chapter 3)!
    Please keep that in mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Platini2000 View Post
    -image.jpgHi.

Thank you.
    Its working good on my iphone 5 but sometimes the memory is going from 600mb down to 100mb.
    Iam working also now in this theme with realtime animation weather in the clock himself.

I let you know.
    That is a bummer!
    I have no idea where that is caused, apart from maybe the loading of the Google Map into memory, which is not displayed. If you can get the address from Google without loading the Google Map it might work better.
    I was unable to do that, well, only with shell script it worked!
    See post #1544 on page 78 in this thread, GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme
    Last edited by rasputin007; 02-13-2013 at 05:57 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-13-2013), RKO1195 (02-21-2013)

Hi.

I played with it and i see that the memory was not below 350mb now.
    Sometimes it goes after unlock up to 500mb again.

Getting better

The free memory goes up when you unlock as the LockBackground.html (with the Google Maps code) gets dropped, but will go down again when you lock the home screen as the LockBackground.html gets loaded again.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    And that all our current yahoo based iWidgets and LS will still update! Or is that a pipe dream? Lol!!
    The thing is that once you saved the latitude and longitude in the database, anything html (Widget.html, iWidget.html, LockBackground.html, Wallpaper.html) have access to that database and therefore to the latitude and longitude.
    What happens after that is up to the file's script. If it uses the latitude/longitude to fetch Yahoo Weather, WorldWeatherOnline or Google Maps location names is all possible.
    Lets see it this way:
    You run the MyLocation App to get your GPS data (latitude and longitude), stored in a myLocation.txt file. Then scripts will read that txt file and extract the latitude and longitude values and assign them to variables (funny enough also called latitude and longitude). Next the scripts use these variables to do all kind of things, like fetching Yahoo Weather - after getting the WOEID first from Yahoo.
    Now the GPS webclip html page saves the latitude and longitude in a database. Then any other html page can read the latitude and longitude from that database and assign them to variables (again called latitude and longitude). Next the scripts use these variables to do all kind of things, like fetching Yahoo Weather - after getting the WOEID first from Yahoo.
    This is not meant to make MyLocation App obsolete, far from it, as MyLocation runs all the time in the background and monitors your GPS location. GPS webclip html works only on demand. You see different operational procedures, one is constant the other is on demand.
    GPS webclip html is just meant for people like me who only need a GPS update a couple of times per day and don't want to turn on/off MyLocation all the time, just a one-touch update.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 02-16-2013 at 02:56 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-16-2013), NewdestinyX (02-16-2013)

Hey Ras, does the tap to unlock for 5.1.1 on the mmus repo work in 6+

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Hey Ras, does the tap to unlock for 5.1.1 on the mmus repo work in 6+
    Yes, Tap-To-Unlock iOS5.1.1 works fine on 6.1 and 6.1.1 !
    Still have some text though when new email etc arrives
    Last edited by rasputin007; 02-17-2013 at 02:42 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Platini2000 View Post
    -image.jpg

Hi

Thank you.

I let you know.
    That's a nice watch! But its easy to tell that you used the magic wand tool or something similar to crop it. You should try using the pen tool to make a vector shape then apply it as a vector mask. Or better yet, just trace the shapes and recreate the watch graphics.

This watch is rewritten now and the memory is good, the adress issue is under construction.
    I got help from Rasputin. When its solved and tested i post it.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Platini2000 For This Useful Post:

CrazyChester (02-21-2013), King_O_Hill (02-17-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey there. Has anyone updated the BaSalt HD.GPS.LS theme so it works on the iphone 5 or can some update it for me. It was one of my favorite lockscreen themes. Thanks very much.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey there rasputin007. Thank you for writing those guides. I've read most of it but I'm still confused on some things. I'm making a lockscreen theme and I'd like to be able to auto-detect the GPS location, to get that out of the end-users hands.

1. You're talking about themes. Do you mean just lockscreen themes or full blown themes? If the later does this mean just a lockscreen theme can't get GPS location?
    2. Where and when (in practical sence) does the end-user enter the parameters?

Easiest way to do that is by using the MyLocation app method (end-user only has to do the initial setup of the app), the rest is done all automatically.
    LockBackground.html is NOT location enabled, hence geolocation javascript does not work (Winterboard weakness!), so the LockBackground.html has to get the GPS coordinates from somewhere else, in 99.99999% it is the myLocation.txt file.
    Regarding GPS data the end-user does not have to enter any parameters when you use the GPS webclip html method, which is ONLY a "On Demand" GPS coordinate update!
    Only when you use a graphical setup, then the end-user can easily select his/her choices without editing any code in files they don't even know exist.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-20-2013), Pluko (02-21-2013), RKO1195 (02-21-2013)

kinda worked my way out of it.
    Last edited by kalbo411; 02-21-2013 at 03:29 AM.

Due to some problems that are related to iFile use and permission/ownership, I updated that Graphical Setup Guide to 5 chapters now.

CHAPTER 1 database and graphical setup
    CHAPTER 2 database and LockBackground.html
    CHAPTER 3 database handling in iOS 6.1
    CHAPTER 4 database and GPS
    CHAPTER 5 ownership and permissions

That should about cover everything you need to know and how to use it.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Bellcross (03-13-2013), King_O_Hill (02-21-2013), NewdestinyX (02-21-2013), Pluko (02-21-2013), RKO1195 (02-21-2013), small8e (03-28-2013)

Thank you Ras for your tireless work on your guide for us. I'm ready to leave yahoo behind forever. Please tell me you wrote it in 'common man's language' with explicit tutorials. I'm a really smart tech-ey guy but with this iOS stuff I need to be hand held thru it with no words like "daemon" and all that stuff!! .. Thanks again!!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (02-21-2013)

Make google your friend!

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Thank you Ras for your tireless work on your guide for us. I'm ready to leave yahoo behind forever. Please tell me you wrote it in 'common man's language' with explicit tutorials. I'm a really smart tech-ey guy but with this iOS stuff I need to be hand held thru it with no words like "daemon" and all that stuff!! .. Thanks again!!!
    The point of this guide is to give an idea of the principle how it works.
    Giving you code line by code line instruction what to write is pointless in my eyes. Yes, you would be able to build a graphical setup, but you might not understand why it works and that defeats the object of the exercise.
    If there are any question start a new thread, so everything is all in one place. I am not doing it as I do not think that there is any need for a separate thread and if I open a new thread they usually disappear on page 20 within days.
    Anyway copy & paste code can be done by everybody, if you are lucky enough it might even work, but understanding what is happening helps to improve the code and fix bugs.
    I hope I have written this guide in an understandable language, but this is not easy as I often still fall into the trap to expect that readers have a certain knowledge which I consider basic, but which is not really basic for everybody.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-21-2013), TaJr12 (02-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    I hope I have written this guide in an understandable language, but this is not easy as I often still fall into the trap to expect that readers have a certain knowledge which I consider basic, but which is not really basic for everybody.
    Yeah that's the problem there. A vast majority of modders are NOT coders. Nor do we have time to amass the knowledge of someone who codes professionally. It's a pastime hobby for most of us. I'm unique in that I'm a coder from a long time ago - but jumped ship after Visual Basic and my career took a different path. But I'm getting to know HTML and CSS pretty well. The great hurdle for even us enthusiastic modders is JavaScript itself - which is a pretty advanced language.

The vast majority of people I've chatted with here are interested primarily in "Ras' " Google weather alternative to Yahoo. You've posted some code on that before. My main goal is to begin starting to create my own weather widgets, learning from the "masters" but with the unique angle of offering a better more accurate weather service for the reported data. Maybe I will just consult with you in PM.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-21-2013 at 02:06 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (02-21-2013)

I am afraid to be a disappointment, but you actually have more coding knowledge then I.
    I never learned any programming language. I never worked with software etc at work.
    I am just a hobby coder that learns by example, common sense and most of all trail and error.
    Playing with Linux for over 15 years has pushed me a lot in that respect.
    Anyway I do not use Google for the weather, I only use Google for the location name. I use WorldWeatherOnline for weather.
    Yahoo simply sucks in any form!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-21-2013)

Page 127 of 136 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117125126127128129 ... LastLast