+ Reply
Page 122 of 136 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112120121122123124 132 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 2706

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Hopefully it will be updated for 6.1
...
  1. #2421
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,815
    Thanks
    38,971
    Thanked 16,319 Times in 5,974 Posts

    Hopefully it will be updated for 6.1
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  2. #2422
    Livin the iPhone Life Fattone66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,380
    Thanks
    4,211
    Thanked 5,883 Times in 2,632 Posts

    Hope this is going to work on 6.1.

  3. #2423
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,815
    Thanks
    38,971
    Thanked 16,319 Times in 5,974 Posts

    If past history tells us anything, then it will have to be updated to work on 6.1
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    stratnik (01-30-2013)

  5. #2424
    Modder GUNNY29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,406
    Thanks
    4,570
    Thanked 15,552 Times in 4,071 Posts

    If its not use rasputins method allows update of co-ords through safari after dl of package from his repo
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (01-29-2013), stratnik (01-30-2013)

  7. #2425
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,815
    Thanks
    38,971
    Thanked 16,319 Times in 5,974 Posts

    Yeah, that will need a quick test, but I don't think there will be a problem with it. You can also just put a txt file in your documents folder with your coordinates in it.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    The_Durben (01-29-2013)

  9. #2426
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,383
    Thanks
    3,638
    Thanked 8,440 Times in 4,286 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yeah, that will need a quick test, but I don't think there will be a problem with it. You can also just put a txt file in your documents folder with your coordinates in it.
    So the MyLocation.txt text file in the /var/mobile/Documents folder, with our coordinates, will at least keep all of our iWidgets running after 6.1. It's just that we won't have the My Location App working for GPS change of locations. Is that basically what you're saying, King?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (01-29-2013)

  11. #2427
    The Mechanic The_Durben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    34,944
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    So the MyLocation.txt text file in the /var/mobile/Documents folder, with our coordinates, will at least keep all of our iWidgets running after 6.1. It's just that we won't have the My Location App working for GPS change of locations. Is that basically what you're saying, King?
    Exactly

    GPS weather widgets will always work as long as the txt file is there.
    The app is what uses location to update the text file. If the app doesn't work it's just a manual edit if the file for location changes

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (01-29-2013)

  13. #2428
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,383
    Thanks
    3,638
    Thanked 8,440 Times in 4,286 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Exactly

    GPS weather widgets will always work as long as the txt file is there.
    The app is what uses location to update the text file. If the app doesn't work it's just a manual edit if the file for location changes
    Thanks, D! In your best educated guess, Do you have any reason to believe that Eldwin's amazing iWidget tweak will need any updating to work with 6.1? I downloaded the.deb file from Cydia onto my computer so I can put it on the first day of the jailbreak even if the Cydia servers are being killed for a couple of days. Just wondering if you anticipate any potential problems with the tweak and 6.1.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  14. #2429
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,815
    Thanks
    38,971
    Thanked 16,319 Times in 5,974 Posts

    I think the the method that Ras developed will work just fine using the php server.

    I think that GPS and iWidgets have a real good chance of not working. But you know me Grant, "glass half empty". That's just how I am with software. I always assume that things aren't going to work with major OS updates.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  15. #2430
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,383
    Thanks
    3,638
    Thanked 8,440 Times in 4,286 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I think the the method that Ras developed will work just fine using the php server.

    I think that GPS and iWidgets have a real good chance of not working. But you know me Grant, "glass half empty". That's just how I am with software. I always assume that things aren't going to work with major OS updates.
    It's an educated opinion, King, to be sure.., but it tends to be tweaks steeped in deeper substrate structure that need the major overhauls. IWidget is almost, line for line, the same code as PerPageHTML which has gone thru very little revision since its original release. Heck -- BackBoard hasn't been updated by Wynd since 3.0.x and still works like a charm on 4 & 5.

    So we'll see in a few days now. Not much longer now... (yes, I'm optimistic now. Wait time for a jailbreak is my only 'glass half empty' topic usually)...

    If it does release by Sunday - it will have only taken 13 more days than 5.1.1's JB last year which dropped on 1/20/12.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    Hip5 (01-30-2013)

  17. #2431
    Modder GUNNY29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,406
    Thanks
    4,570
    Thanked 15,552 Times in 4,071 Posts

    Yeah reason I use it is not as bulky as app and don't need to have an icon for it if I don't want to can be invisible if that's what I want. Never been interested in auto update as I travel so this suits my needs best.





    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yeah, that will need a quick test, but I don't think there will be a problem with it. You can also just put a txt file in your documents folder with your coordinates in it.
    I'm not picking a fight before you say anything.

    I suspect that iwidgets isn't line for line the same code as per page prob has some similarities but not as similar as your post makes out.

    I'm also hoping that for first reason you stated it will continue to work on ios6.




    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    It's an educated opinion, King, to be sure.., but it tends to be tweaks steeped in deeper substrate structure that need the major overhauls. IWidget is almost, line for line, the same code as PerPageHTML which has gone thru very little revision since its original release. Heck -- BackBoard hasn't been updated by Wynd since 3.0.x and still works like a charm on 4 & 5.

    So we'll see in a few days now. Not much longer now... (yes, I'm optimistic now. Wait time for a jailbreak is my only 'glass half empty' topic usually)...

    If it does release by Sunday - it will have only taken 13 more days than 5.1.1's JB last year which dropped on 1/20/12.
    Last edited by GUNNY29; 01-30-2013 at 12:46 AM.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

    Hip5 (01-30-2013), King_O_Hill (01-30-2013)

  19. #2432
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,383
    Thanks
    3,638
    Thanked 8,440 Times in 4,286 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GOD (aka. Gunny ;)) View Post
    I'm not picking a fight before you say anything.

    I suspect that iwidgets isn't line for line the same code as per page prob has some similarities but not as similar as your post makes out.

    I'm also hoping that for first reason you stated it will continue to work on ios6.
    Yeah - you could just as easily be right, "Gunny, my man" . Since I have all the .deb files for the most recent theme tweaks on Cydia ready to AutoInstall (without waiting for Cydia lag time), I'll be reporting early on JB launch day about all our favorite tweaks and how compatible they are with 6.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    Hip5 (01-30-2013)

  21. #2433
    Modder GUNNY29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,406
    Thanks
    4,570
    Thanked 15,552 Times in 4,071 Posts

    Also I read something from Saurik earlier that Cydia will be alot better than anytime before to deal with amount of requests it will receive ill try find it again

    http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/co...cydia_mirrors/
    Last edited by GUNNY29; 01-30-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

    Hip5 (01-30-2013), King_O_Hill (01-30-2013)

  23. #2434
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,383
    Thanks
    3,638
    Thanked 8,440 Times in 4,286 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    Also I read something from Saurik earlier that Cydia will be alot better than anytime before to deal with amount of requests it will receive ill try find it again

    http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/co...cydia_mirrors/
    Yes. King was telling me about that in another thread too. That will certainly help matters. But the majority of the lag time after a jailbreak drops is not about the package sources loading the first time. It's about all the people downloading the individual tweaks after that. I don't think Saurik's update will help that.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    Hip5 (01-30-2013)

  25. #2435
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,815
    Thanks
    38,971
    Thanked 16,319 Times in 5,974 Posts

    Actually Grant, Saurik stated that the lag issue is caused by the loading of complete packages, not from the actual DL of tweaks/apps. Sorry to disagree, just going by what Saurik stated.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    GUNNY29 (01-30-2013), Hip5 (01-30-2013), metaserph (01-30-2013), NewdestinyX (01-30-2013), RKO1195 (01-30-2013), sigit (01-30-2013)

  27. #2436
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,383
    Thanks
    3,638
    Thanked 8,440 Times in 4,286 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Actually Grant, Saurik stated that the lag issue is caused by the loading of complete packages, not from the actual DL of tweaks/apps. Sorry to disagree, just going by what Saurik stated.
    Okay then - so even when I'd be getting POSIX error after error when downloading individual tweaks for 2 days, Saurik is saying that its because others were refreshing their packages?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  28. #2437
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,244
    Thanks
    6,599
    Thanked 14,784 Times in 6,877 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Okay then - so even when I'd be getting POSIX error after error when downloading individual tweaks for 2 days, Saurik is saying that its because others were refreshing their packages?
    Cydia Mirrors : jailbreak

    Quote Originally Posted by Saurik on reddit
    so when you open Cydia immediately after the jailbreak it will already have a package catalog from all of the default repositories, and will not need to do a full refresh cycle (which is what really pummels the repositories during new jailbreaks)

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    Hip5 (01-30-2013), King_O_Hill (01-30-2013), NewdestinyX (01-30-2013)

  30. #2438
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,383
    Thanks
    3,638
    Thanked 8,440 Times in 4,286 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Cool! Helpful! Let's hope it actually gets rid of the POSIX errors. I'll believe it when I see it. :-)
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    Hip5 (01-30-2013), King_O_Hill (01-30-2013)

  32. #2439
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,244
    Thanks
    6,599
    Thanked 14,784 Times in 6,877 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    Also I read something from Saurik earlier that Cydia will be alot better than anytime before to deal with amount of requests it will receive ill try find it again

    Cydia Mirrors : jailbreak
    Whoops. I missed that you had posted this already

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (01-30-2013)

  34. #2440
    Modder GUNNY29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,406
    Thanks
    4,570
    Thanked 15,552 Times in 4,071 Posts

    No worries had more of an effect when you posted it lol


    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Whoops. I missed that you had posted this already
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (01-30-2013), Simon (01-30-2013)

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 04-12-2013, 02:27 PM
  2. 03-15-2013, 10:09 AM
  3. 08-11-2012, 12:06 AM
  4. 03-03-2012, 12:38 PM

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts