+ Reply
Page 112 of 136 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102110111112113114 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2706

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by NewdestinyX Thanks, KOH.. I was thinking that it could be written 'coordinate specific' - so only certain areas you touched would activate it. Or its appearance could
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Thanks, KOH.. I was thinking that it could be written 'coordinate specific' - so only certain areas you touched would activate it. Or its appearance could be toggled by an Activator gesture?

If I can't have that - I'll settle for a forecast SB widget that takes up only a little space.. ;-)
    Although winterboard doesn't, iWidget does.
    I already have something like this

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (10-12-2012), lostinthemes (08-19-2012), metaserph (08-14-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,428 Times in 4,281 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Although winterboard doesn't, iWidget does.
    I already have something like this

Great, Durben!! I knew I'd seen this in action already at some point on a SB. 2 questions. What's this one called and where can I find it? Then in my budding skill as a modder let me ask if it would be technically possible to use a transparent image for where you now have the main weather info. So that when I tapped on it all that would appear on the screen is the forecast? I realize I would need to remember where I placed the iWidget to be able to trigger the forecast - and that placement of the iWidget would need to be not where icons are or I would never be able to access those icons.

Possible?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,409 Times in 3,941 Posts

I don't suppose one of you Master Modding Gurus would be willing to undertake the project of adding a 'touch forecast' as a SB widget element that would stay transparent until you tapped on a open location of your SB and then it would appear. The idea is that the 3 or 4 day forecast would take up only a small footprint on the screen - reminiscent of Durben's MINIMAL GPS he built for SENSES/SEVEN - It could also be an element on the left or right vertical plane as Eric adapted of iMatte for the iPad3 and iPhone.

Some of us have very lean SpringBoard's and others, very busy ones.. So it would even be cooler for the forecast to fade in - hold for 5 seconds and fade out with only one tap on the SB.. If that project is too large an undertaking - even a simple forecast widget, that's only the forecast info on a nice small horizontal banner - would be great. Days of week, high and low temps and weather icon is all that's needed for a forecast. And it would be made as a Winterboard theme that could be ADDED to a main SB weather widget without having the forecast be part of a much larger SB widget with animation, wallpaper, and all the rest. And one that could be adapted for iWidget eventually too.

I've seen a small one created for Blue's Notebook - but it's all black and white and very vibed for Notebooks' look. I was thinking of one that would fit the MiOs/ZUI vibe a little better as I see those two themes somewhat similar in the icons vibes people are creating for them. This could be a widget that also works for Boss and Senses/Seven too.

Just a thought...

AND--------------------------

I'm SO DONE with GPS.. Not because I don't love it.. But because YAHOO's reporting is SOOOO bad for smaller towns/suburbs. It's been raining ALL day here in my small suburb of Philadelphia, PA USA.. But when GPS is on in my widgets - it onlu reports Partly Cloudy or Cloudy... uggh.. The moment I turn SIG.CHANGE off in MyLocation and edit the MyLocation.txt file to Philadelphia's Latitude/Longitude - suddenly ALL the Rain/Storm amimations come on - and they're beautiful! NEVER SEEN THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yahoo - just sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks... for reporting weather for places other than Major cities. What again was the reasons coders flocked to it for these widgets? I know there was a good reason... but.... uggh... I remember one of you telling me about ONE Modders that had created a widget for WeatherChannel -- or was it AccuWeather... Can you point me to that widget. I'd like to study the code and start some 'importing' for the Query code.

Thanks all... Always dreamin'... LOL!
    No. Can't be done in wb. Can be done in perpage and iWidget only.

Thanks

Great, Durben!! I knew I'd seen this in action already at some point on a SB. 2 questions. What's this one called and where can I find it? Then in my budding skill as a modder let me ask if it would be technically possible to use a transparent image for where you now have the main weather info. So that when I tapped on it all that would appear on the screen is the forecast? I realize I would need to remember where I placed the iWidget to be able to trigger the forecast - and that placement of the iWidget would need to be not where icons are or I would never be able to access those icons.

Possible?
    Anything is possible. Just need to be rewritten to only use a forecast instead of hiding all the other info. That way its not running using up any resources in the background. And you haven't seen this widget yet because I haven't posted it prior.
    Basically you can assume that almost every SB widget you see around I have as an iWidget. If I like it.
    Think I have about 30 something in my folder or so. Almost all of Max's, and a few of Chevys and Schnedis and Zoos. Rest are all pretty much mine. I dont use winterboard SB widgets at all and only rarely use an iWidget.
    If I have a weather Lockscreen running I don't use a weather widget on SB. I don't see the need regardless of how good it looks. I'm very simple for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    No. Can't be done in wb. Can be done in perpage and iWidget only.
    PerPageHTML+ not PerPageHTML as that doesn't allow for interactive widgets
    Last edited by The_Durben; 08-14-2012 at 07:26 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (10-12-2012), metaserph (08-14-2012), RKO1195 (08-22-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    Here you go! Hope you like them!

MiOS ULTIMATE Lock Screen

CMC_ULTIMATE_LS_FULLMios

http://bit.ly/CMC_ULTIMATE_LS_FULL_Mios

I am using the CMC_ULTIMATE_LS_FULLMios and have a question mark on the background layer.
    I check the LockBackground.html and is it the UserBackground image? That is 1024x768 transparent
    image (Layer.png) and there is a 640x960 silver grey (Layer(Alt).png).

Can you help me fix this.
    iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1 and m17x-R2

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

the cydia repo isnt working anymore? Does anyone know whats going on with it?

Ok I updated the to the new repo source. But now the app crashes. Im on 5.1.1. Can some one explain how to get it working again plz.
    Last edited by x_IMMORTAL_x; 08-14-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x_IMMORTAL_x View Post
    the cydia repo isnt working anymore? Does anyone know whats going on with it?

Ok I updated the to the new repo source. But now the app crashes. Im on 5.1.1. Can some one explain how to get it working again plz.
    What app and repo? If you mean MyLocation app check var/mobile and see if you have a Documents folder if not create it
    and change its permission. That was my problem, no folder.
    iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1 and m17x-R2

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Yahoo - just sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks... for reporting weather for places other than Major cities. What again was the reasons coders flocked to it for these widgets? I know there was a good reason... but.... uggh... I remember one of you telling me about ONE Modders that had created a widget for WeatherChannel -- or was it AccuWeather... Can you point me to that widget. I'd like to study the code and start some 'importing' for the Query code.

Thanks all... Always dreamin'... LOL!
    Getting weather info from Yahoo Weather is convenient, the code is there already, so it can be reused again and again.
    Other weather sites might require an "paid for" API key, but Yahoo Weather is free.
    Then there is the problem that not all weather sites offer response files (xml or json format).
    However this is really no problem, but it involves an new and unconventional* method, which always is treated as suspicious, hence no interest for this.
    Pages back in this thread I explained that it is possible to get weather data from ANY weather site, regardless if they offer response files or not.
    All I have to do now is browse the web on my PC to find a suitable weather site, do some coding (shell script) and "Bob is your uncle".
    Currently I have some weather data from Yahoo Weather, hourly forecast from weather.com and 5 day forecast from WorldWeatherOnline, location data is from Google, again Yahoo sucks sooooo much when it comes to location names especially for smaller villages, more info.

* see here why unconventional.

Thanks, KOH.. I was thinking that it could be written 'coordinate specific' - so only certain areas you touched would activate it. Or its appearance could be toggled by an Activator gesture?

If I can't have that - I'll settle for a forecast SB widget that takes up only a little space.. ;-)
    Yes you can with the quickflip jquery javascript. It allows to make only a defined area of the screen touch active.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 08-15-2012 at 03:11 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (08-22-2012), The_Durben (08-15-2012)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,292 Times in 5,960 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Yes you can with the quickflip jquery javascript. It allows to make only a defined area of the screen touch active.
    even on the springboard?
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

No does not work in PerPage+ widgets, they do not have touch enables, only on Winterboard lockscreens.

Thanks

No does not work in PerPage+ widgets, they do not have touch enables, only on Winterboard lockscreens.
    I beg to differ. As I have a working perpage+ widget that activates on touch

Thanks

Anything is possible. Just need to be rewritten to only use a forecast instead of hiding all the other info. That way its not running using up any resources in the background. And you haven't seen this widget yet because I haven't posted it prior.
    Basically you can assume that almost every SB widget you see around I have as an iWidget. If I like it.
    Think I have about 30 something in my folder or so. Almost all of Max's, and a few of Chevys and Schnedis and Zoos. Rest are all pretty much mine. I dont use winterboard SB widgets at all and only rarely use an iWidget.
    If I have a weather Lockscreen running I don't use a weather widget on SB. I don't see the need regardless of how good it looks. I'm very simple for the most part.

PerPageHTML+ not PerPageHTML as that doesn't allow for interactive widgets
    Yep. You're a lot like me, Durben in the way I think about wanting to layout my phone. I too now have almost 15 SB widgets converted to PPHTML+ so I can not be locked into the wallpapers artists choose. And I can mix and match. And that's why I'll also be converting to iWidget also (as soon as I get PS) so I can place them anywhere on SB.

Hey does iWidget allow specific page placement like PPHTML? iWidget knows the difference between Spotlight, Page 1,2, etc?

Eric released a 'tap for forecast' widget a while ago. I'm going to study that code and see if I can convert it to a 'tap forecast iWidget'.

You guys inspire me.. :-)
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-15-2012 at 07:37 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (08-15-2012)

Thanks

Yeah perpage+ works, perpage itself does not.
    You need to add a widget.plist to the perpage+ theme defining the area of the widget.
    Doing this effectively brings the widget above the icons which enables touch.
    I worked with Wynd when he was making it. We tried as well to allow for icons to be on top and be able to touch activate a function between icons in the spaces but couldn't get that to run at all.

Yep. You're a lot like me, Durben in the way I think about wanting to layout my phone. I too now have almost 15 SB widgets converted to PPHTML+ so I can not be locked into the wallpapers artists choose. And I can mix and match. And that's why I'll also be converting to iWidget also (as soon as I get PS) so I can place them anywhere on SB.

Hey does iWidget allow specific page placement like PPHTML? iWidget knows the difference between Spotlight, Page 1,2, etc?

Eric released a 'tap for forecast' widget a while ago. I'm going to study that code and see if I can convert it to a 'tap forecast iWidget'.

iWidgets can be placed anywhere and moved from page to page. Except spotlight and the dock area.
    The tap forecast Eric is using is either from one of my widgets, Chevy's, or Dacals. Dacal created a touch event instead of using the quickflip js as it ran much smoother. The static weather widgets I use that have the touch forecast is from a script Dacal rewrote for me so I didn't have to use the quickflip anymore as I asked to convert it when I ran his animated lock with the forecast. It was a lot better response wise.
    Last edited by The_Durben; 08-15-2012 at 09:54 AM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

metaserph (08-15-2012), NewdestinyX (08-15-2012), RKO1195 (08-22-2012)

Thanks

Yeah perpage+ works, perpage itself does not.
    You need to add a widget.plist to the perpage+ theme defining the area of the widget.
    Doing this effectively brings the widget above the icons which enables touch.
    I worked with Wynd when he was making it. We tried as well to allow for icons to be on top and be able to touch activate a function between icons in the spaces but couldn't get that to run at all.
    So you'd still need to make the touch area region specific even with the update to PerPageHTML+? You don't want a scenario where you need to clik on an icon and only the weather appears.. LOL!!

Thanks

iWidgets can be placed on any page and moved anywhere including to another page.
    They cannot go in spotlight or on the dock.
    Eric's widget is either based off mine, Chevys, or Dacals. In either case it was written by Dacal.
    I told him I was using the quickflip js to rotate widgets as well as using onclick functions for Slideshow widgets.
    He did not like the performance of those so he created an event listener which runs much smoother.
    You can have a hidden widget that shows anything defined when touched but it must be placed on a blank spot on the SB or it's on top of your icons. Transparent or not, you would not be able to use any icons it was on top of.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (08-15-2012)

Thanks

iWidgets can be placed on any page and moved anywhere including to another page.
    They cannot go in spotlight or on the dock.
    Eric's widget is either based off mine, Chevys, or Dacals. In either case it was written by Dacal.
    I told him I was using the quickflip js to rotate widgets as well as using onclick functions for Slideshow widgets.
    He did not like the performance of those so he created an event listener which runs much smoother.
    You can have a hidden widget that shows anything defined when touched but it must be placed on a blank spot on the SB or it's on top of your icons. Transparent or not, you would not be able to use any icons it was on top of.
    Makes total sense. So that principle (only in area without icons) applies whether the hidden widget is an SB, PPHTML or iWidget? And the area of touch gets defined in a .plist in the root directory of the widget?

Thanks -responded in PM.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-15-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Thanks

So you'd still need to make the touch area region specific even with the update to PerPageHTML+? You don't want a scenario where you need to clik on an icon and only the weather appears.. LOL!!
    Yes you need to define the area that you can touch. It can be smaller than the actual widget however the area of the widget must be fully defined by the plist. Either way, if it's on top of any icons it will not allow you to touch the icons. Whether the touch function area is a smaller than the widget or not, it's all still on top when defined with a plist.

Makes total sense. So that principle (only in area without icons) applies whether the hidden widget is an SB, PPHTML or iWidget? And the area of touch gets defined in a .plist in the root directory of the widget?

Thanks -responded in PM.
    It does not apply to SB widgets used in winterboard.
    Winterboard themes on SB always run below the icon layer and cannot utilize a touch function.
    Last edited by The_Durben; 08-15-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Thanks

Yes you need to define the area that you can touch. It can be smaller than the actual widget however the area of the widget must be fully defined by the plist. Either way, if it's on top of any icons it will not allow you to touch the icons. Whether the touch function area is a smaller than the widget or not, it's all still on top when defined with a plist.
    Okay - but to clarify a bit. I could have the widget itself (the part that appears, like a banner) appear OVER icons and not mess with my touching of icons-- IF I only specify the touch area as smaller? Or is the area you have to specify in the .plist, the area for the WHOLE widget (banner in my case) including the touch area (banner forecast + touch area)?
    It does not apply to SB widgets used in winterboard.
    Winterboard themes on SB always run below the icon layer and cannot utilize a touch function.
    Ah - okay - got it.. I'm moving away from SB widgets all together. I'm starting to think of SB's as places for TIMED WALLS - thanks to the work you and MJ and Bombmom did for MJSmash. Schendi's working toward this too. And I will soon offer a set of Autumn timed walls to MJ for her approval for MJSmash. I think the future of modding, and you're already moving this way in your thinking I can tell - is to think of the SpringBoard in TWO LAYERS -- a static or set of walls -- and widgets you can add and place differently based on the 'background' you like. iWidget is a brilliant invention for this. PerPageHTML, that BlueMetal's themes all employ liberally can't really function without this idea of TWO LAYER SpringBoards. I'm too confined by the backgrounds chosen by the artists under their weather widgets. Though I realize that part of the 'look' of a modder's work IS the background. But I want widgets to be independent elements from the background. I don't think I'm alone there. :-) Widgets on top of backgrounds is a perfect paradigm for LockScreens - not SpringBoards (with multiple pages) in my humble opinion.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-15-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    I beg to differ. As I have a working perpage+ widget that activates on touch
    True, it depends on the way the touch is activated and as I was talking about quickflip jquery that one does NOT work in PerPage+ widgets.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (08-15-2012)

Thanks

True, it depends on the way the touch is activated and as I was talking about quickflip jquery that one does NOT work in PerPage+ widgets.
    My mistake. Thanks, Ras

28. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (08-16-2012)

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2013, 02:27 PM
  2. 03-15-2013, 10:09 AM
  3. 08-11-2012, 12:06 AM
  4. 03-03-2012, 12:38 PM