+ Reply
Page 103 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93101102103104105 113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2706

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Atomic7 I didn't modify any code. In fact, every theme I use with GPS give me the same problem and I never touched the codes. BTW I
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,838 Times in 6,153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic7 View Post
    I didn't modify any code. In fact, every theme I use with GPS give me the same problem and I never touched the codes. BTW I live in Japan, it could be the problem?
    Do you have the MyLocation app installed? that is what runs all the GPS based widgets.

If not, add the repo that is in my signature and install it. Then open the app and turn "sig. change" to on. then close it and forget about it. from now on, all your GPS widgets should work.

Japan should not be the problem.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 07-01-2012 at 02:51 AM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Atomic7 (07-01-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Hi, I think my GPS is working fine, the problem is that I can't get the weather working, It only show a black image. Can anyone help me please? TIA.

Attachment 595781
    GPS seems to work as you have your location displayed, "Takasaki-shi Gunma Prefecture". The problem seems to be the getting of the Yahoo Weather data and/or their interpretation by the theme scripts.
    That's where it seems to hang and once this hurdle is past everything else, e.g. overlay, images etc, will fall into place.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Atomic7 (07-01-2012), King_O_Hill (07-01-2012), stratnik (07-01-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,157 Times in 835 Posts

I didn't modify any code. In fact, every theme I use with GPS give me the same problem and I never touched the codes. BTW I live in Japan, it could be the problem?
    Are you on 5.1.1?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stratnik For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-01-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Atomic7's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    GPS seems to work as you have your location displayed, "Takasaki-shi Gunma Prefecture". The problem seems to be the getting of the Yahoo Weather data and/or their interpretation by the theme scripts.
    That's where it seems to hang and once this hurdle is past everything else, e.g. overlay, images etc, will fall into place.
    ...and, how can I fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by stratnik View Post
    Are you on 5.1.1?
    Yes, I am on 5.1.1

Thanks

In order to fix this, the problem needs to be more isolated otherwise it is a stab in the dark, if you know what I mean.
    If you have PerPage+, then you could try "GPS Map" from the MMUS repo (apt.mmus.us). This PerPage+ widget used the myLocation.txt file and Google Map code only, NO Yahoo Weather at all. If that widget works OK and gives you your location correctly on the Google Map, then we know that GPS and MyLocation App are working fine and the problem is somewhere in the theme, but because you did not changed any code in the theme it should work, then there is the question about getting data from Yahoo Weather or is there any other tweak/app that could interfere with the theme.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

ag92 (07-01-2012), Atomic7 (07-01-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Atomic7's Avatar
    Thanks

In order to fix this, the problem needs to be more isolated otherwise it is a stab in the dark, if you know what I mean.
    If you have PerPage+, then you could try "GPS Map" from the MMUS repo (apt.mmus.us). This PerPage+ widget used the myLocation.txt file and Google Map code only, NO Yahoo Weather at all. If that widget works OK and gives you your location correctly on the Google Map, then we know that GPS and MyLocation App are working fine and the problem is somewhere in the theme, but because you did not changed any code in the theme it should work, then there is the question about getting data from Yahoo Weather or is there any other tweak/app that could interfere with the theme.
    I did what you said and that's the image of my SB
    GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme-photo.png

And I did try another theme as well and still the same problem. I really apreciate your help, really thanks for that. Is getting late and I have job tomorrow. I mean, I'll not be able to reply till tomorrow. Thanks again and sorry for my english.
    Last edited by Atomic7; 07-01-2012 at 07:08 AM.

Thanks

OK, you can delete the GPS Map widget now. I just wanted to see if GPS and myLocation.txt (MyLocation App) are working. Your screenshot is prove that it does. It also shows that your iPhone can get data from Google.
    My suspicion is that the Yahoo url is the problem, which also is supported by the fact that you have the same problem with other themes.
    It could be a simple decoding problem rather then getting the data from Yahoo. What I mean is often the top line in the LockBackground.html which says something like "encoding="UTF-8"", that one might not work with japanese language. On the other hand forget this as the GPS Map Widget.html has the same "encoding="UTF-8"" line and that one worked.
    Hmm ... running out of possible suspects
    Have to think about this for a while.
    Do you have good signal like 3G or WiFi?
    I ask because I get black screens for minutes when I am outside (no WiFi) with bad signal (GPRS only!, no 3G or even EDGE) and it takes ages to load the xml/json response files, if at all.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 07-01-2012 at 07:54 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Atomic7 (07-02-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how did you get that view on your home screen of the weather as it is on the LS?

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    New versions of the ULTIMATE edition available now!!

In Case You Missed It!!!

CMC_GPS_THE_ULTIMATE_SB

DL LINK CMC_GPS_THE_ULTIMATE_SB
    http://bit.ly/JRHKOF

June, 10 2012
    -Removed unused forecast code.
    -Added replacement files for forecast rotation.
    -Changed forecast hi and low display to hi/lo instead of lo/hi.
    -New overlay plus added a dark version as alternative.

June, 11 2012
    -New location.js code*

CMC_GPS_THE_ULTIMATE_LS

DL LINK CMC_GPS_THE_ULTIMATE_LS
    http://bit.ly/MLvlCN

June, 10 2012
    -Changed forecast hi and low display to hi/lo instead of lo/hi.
    -Removed alternate SlideShow folder (now standard slideshow is cars).
    -New overlay plus added a dark version as alternative.

June, 11 2012
    -New location.js code*

->Optional link<-
    -Higher res panoramic and rotating weather images. (98+MB)
    -Rename original Panoramic and Rotating folders. Put unzipped contents in its place. Images/...

http://bit.ly/LgOJlb

Paypal donate
    [email protected]

Is For The JailBreak community!!

Hit thanks if you like!
    Last edited by wlt4; 07-01-2012 at 09:56 AM. Reason: NVM reading is essential!

Thanks

OK, you can delete the GPS Map widget now. I just wanted to see if GPS and myLocation.txt (MyLocation App) are working. Your screenshot is prove that it does. It also shows that your iPhone can get data from Google.
    My suspicion is that the Yahoo url is the problem, which also is supported by the fact that you have the same problem with other themes.
    It could be a simple decoding problem rather then getting the data from Yahoo. What I mean is often the top line in the LockBackground.html which says something like "encoding="UTF-8"", that one might not work with japanese language. On the other hand forget this as the GPS Map Widget.html has the same "encoding="UTF-8"" line and that one worked.
    Hmm ... running out of possible suspects
    Have to think about this for a while.
    Do you have good signal like 3G or WiFi?
    I ask because I get black screens for minutes when I am outside (no WiFi) with bad signal (GPRS only!, no 3G or even EDGE) and it takes ages to load the xml/json response files, if at all.
    Hi rasputin007,

I think I also have encoding problem ! I am living Turkey and some locations using native language characters such as Ü,ı,Ç etc. When I checked widget coding all says encoding=UFT-8 even I opened all files and saved as using UTF-8 but still some locations is not downloading weather info from the server. However,when go to weather.yahoo.com on computer search current location it says Umraniye not Ümraniye (widget on phone shows Ümraniye), do you know how can fix in widget?
    Last edited by IceT; 07-01-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,376 Times in 4,255 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wlt4 View Post
    how did you get that view on your home screen of the weather as it is on the LS?
    To get a lockscreen to show on your springboard you just need to change the LockBackground.html name to Wallpaper.html. But, Chevy made a lockscreen version and a springboard version. Just click on the link below the springboard pic.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,717 Times in 4,401 Posts

The only problem I have with Chevy's weather wid as my SpringBoard is that most of his 'Fair' Weather pics are bright white clouds on a sandy white beach. So icon names of the icons you have to place above the weather info on the SB will get all washed out - since icons are white text too. The pic Chevy gives us in his examples a few posts back are Partly Cloudy and Nighttime Partly Cloudy which are gorgeous pics and not the least bit of white in the pic itself. The only way I could use Chevy's Ultimate Weather Sb as my SB would be if he'd consider changing the 'Fair' weather Pic to something other than a white bright sky and a white sandy beach.. LOL!! They just don't work with icon names at all. I'm pretty sure all other pics he's chosen for different weather states will have enough color in them for white icons to show up on. But the beach pics just don't work with icons on top of them. Even if you choose to supress non-docked icon names - so many of my icons looks washed out with the beach pics too.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,582 Times in 4,084 Posts

That's easily sorted change the images to ones you get from the net

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    The only problem I have with Chevy's weather wid as my SpringBoard is that most of his 'Fair' Weather pics are bright white clouds on a sandy white beach. So icon names of the icons you have to place above the weather info on the SB will get all washed out - since icons are white text too. The pic Chevy gives us in his examples a few posts back are Partly Cloudy and Nighttime Partly Cloudy which are gorgeous pics and not the least bit of white in the pic itself. The only way I could use Chevy's Ultimate Weather Sb as my SB would be if he'd consider changing the 'Fair' weather Pic to something other than a white bright sky and a white sandy beach.. LOL!! They just don't work with icon names at all. I'm pretty sure all other pics he's chosen for different weather states will have enough color in them for white icons to show up on. But the beach pics just don't work with icons on top of them. Even if you choose to supress non-docked icon names - so many of my icons looks washed out with the beach pics too.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

19. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (07-01-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,672 Times in 4,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Either that or edit your info.plst to have different color icon labels

21. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (07-01-2012)

Thanks

Easy for veteran modders - not so for others of us.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Either that or edit your info.plst to have different color icon labels
    Again - the 'only' problem is with the one beach image. If I mod it to a darker color for just that one - it will be too dark a text for 95% of the great images Chevy uses.

One of you amazing modders could teach me to change the image used for 'FAIR' in the daytime. How to get the image and then make sure it's the right size and then rename it??? Is that all there is? And I will try. Again - it's literally the DAYTIME beach image only for Fair weather daytime that's the problem. And of course - that's the only weather we're having these days in the Northeast US - that and STINKIN' HOTTTT!!!!

Thanks

It's easy for anyone find the image in the widget folders and just replace it with one of your choosing naming it exactly the same as the one your removing

Easy for veteran modders - not so for others of us.

Again - the 'only' problem is with the one beach image. If I mod it to a darker color for just that one - it will be too dark a text for 95% of the great images Chevy uses.

One of you amazing modders could teach me to change the image used for 'FAIR' in the daytime. How to get the image and then make sure it's the right size and then rename it??? Is that all there is? And I will try. Again - it's literally the DAYTIME beach image only for Fair weather daytime that's the problem. And of course - that's the only weather we're having these days in the Northeast US - that and STINKIN' HOTTTT!!!!

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

ag92 (07-01-2012), King_O_Hill (07-02-2012), NewdestinyX (07-01-2012)

Thanks

It's easy for anyone find the image in the widget folders and just replace it with one of your choosing naming it exactly the same as the one your removing
    Original image should be what size? What pic format? Chevy's SB and LS widget is panoramic in nature - that means the edges of the pic go off the edge of the screen one way and the other. Does that mean the original image should be larger than the normal Portrait iphone sized full screen images? Thanks in advance.
    (Keep in mind, Gunny, things that are '2nd nature' to you - just aren't to the rest of us. Please don't make it sound 'obvious' when it isn't.. ;-))

Thanks

To be honest it is obvious look through the widget folder as I said and it will all make sense you don't need to touch the code it really is as simple copy and pasting an image all the questions you just asked would be answered if you just looked around that is exactly how I learnt to do all this I had no idea about 18 months ago but just looked about and it really is as obvious as in making out

Original image should be what size? What pic format? Chevy's SB and LS widget is panoramic in nature - that means the edges of the pic go off the edge of the screen one way and the other. Does that mean the original image should be larger than the normal Portrait iphone sized full screen images? Thanks in advance.
    (Keep in mind, Gunny, things that are '2nd nature' to you - just aren't to the rest of us. Please don't make it sound 'obvious' when it isn't.. ;-))

Thanks

To be honest it is obvious look through the widget folder as I said and it will all make sense you don't need to touch the code it really is as simple copy and pasting an image all the questions you just asked would be answered if you just looked around that is exactly how I learnt to do all this I had no idea about 18 months ago but just looked about and it really is as obvious as in making out
    Where the folders are is not the issue nor is the renaming. I've been modding for 6 months now. I just don't want to choose a low res image. I need specs on image quality.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

See how big the ones Chevvy has used originally

Where the folders are is not the issue nor is the renaming. I've been modding for 6 months now. I just don't want to choose a low res image. I need specs on image quality.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,672 Times in 4,002 Posts

1540 x 960 is for the panoramics

30. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (07-01-2012)

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2013, 02:27 PM
  2. 03-15-2013, 10:09 AM
  3. 08-11-2012, 12:06 AM
  4. 03-03-2012, 12:38 PM