Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Neurotech User Made Icons

Default Black BG Behind Icon
    Hey Jahooba,

I've been playing with the action scripts and adjusting a few things like the size from 120 to 152 for the iPad. After following the steps, the icon comes out fine in PS. Once it's loaded onto the iPad though, I get a black BG? Any idea why that would be?

Last edited by DarkXShadowX21; 03-05-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Looks good! To get rid of the black background you need these files in the Bundles folder of your theme: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/....framework.zip

Respring with WinterBoard to enable the changes!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-05-2014), DarkXShadowX21 (03-05-2014), King_O_Hill (03-05-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Looks good! To get rid of the black background you need these files in the Bundles folder of your theme: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/....framework.zip

Respring with WinterBoard to enable the changes!
    Thank you for giving me those files. That made the difference I needed

1 more question...What would be the best size for iPad icons? I tried 150x150 and that is not large enough. What size would be best?

Hmm, I'm not sure? The icon mask is 152x152, but that wouldn't account for icons being too small.

After you select the areas to be filled in white for the icon, press Ctrl+T and resize the area until it takes up about 2/3rds or 3/4ths of the icon area. After you resize it press Enter to set it, but don't worry about centering it - the script will apply horizontal and vertical centering.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

DarkXShadowX21 (03-05-2014)

iPad is 152x152. But not just itmohe canvas. The icon as a whole requires resizing.
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

DarkXShadowX21 (03-05-2014), Jahooba (03-05-2014), King_O_Hill (03-05-2014)

Hmm, I'm not sure? The icon mask is 152x152, but that wouldn't account for icons being too small.

After you select the areas to be filled in white for the icon, press Ctrl+T and resize the area until it takes up about 2/3rds or 3/4ths of the icon area. After you resize it press Enter to set it, but don't worry about centering it - the script will apply horizontal and vertical centering.
    I see that the script automatically centers everything. I went in and changed the size of the image in the script to be 150x150. It scaled it down to that size of course. It's just when I load it on the iPad, it comes out much smaller than what it's suppose to be. I even tried ( for kicks ) changing the size of the image in the script to 512x512 just to see what would happen. Unfortunately, the end result was the same size icon as the screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    iPad is 152x152. But not just itmohe canvas. The icon as a whole requires resizing.
    Thanks for letting me know the iPad size is 152x152. I should of just googled that to be honest...Lol! Also, I'm typically good at figuring out an accidental typo. This time, I can't seem to figure out what you are trying to say ( itmohe ) ?

When you say the icon needs resizing, should I try a different method of resizing than what I mentioned in the previous comment before this one? If not, what method of resizing would I go with to ensure I don't lose quality of the image?
    Last edited by DarkXShadowX21; 03-05-2014 at 05:25 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkXShadowX21 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-07-2014)

When you select the area with the Magic Wand tool, as in Step 3 of the tutorial, you can then press Ctrl+T to resize that selection. While resizing the selection hold Shift to constrain the correct proportions until the selection fills the canvas, then select and run the Icon Glow script.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-07-2014), King_O_Hill (03-06-2014)

When you select the area with the Magic Wand tool, as in Step 3 of the tutorial, you can then press Ctrl+T to resize that selection. While resizing the selection hold Shift to constrain the correct proportions until the selection fills the canvas, then select and run the Icon Glow script.
    I have to say, sizing has to be precise. I've noticed if you fill the canvas that the glow becomes affected as in this example here:

Once I get this precise, I'll post an update to this one icon I've been playing with. After I've mastered this icon, I'm going to work on the rest of the icons.

Here's the final outcome after resizing so there's about 1/3 of room left instead of filling the canvas.
    Last edited by DarkXShadowX21; 03-05-2014 at 08:30 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkXShadowX21 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (03-05-2014)

Looks perfect, man

You're right about making the size smaller to account for the glow - I had explained this in a previous post (to make the icon take up 2/3rds or 3/4ths the size of the canvas).

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-07-2014), DarkXShadowX21 (03-05-2014), King_O_Hill (03-06-2014)

Looks perfect, man

You're right about making the size smaller to account for the glow - I had explained this in a previous post (to make the icon take up 2/3rds or 3/4ths the size of the canvas).
    Cool! I'm going to work on more icons tomorrow. Right now I'm focusing on getting my iPhone to look just right as you already know Thanks again for pointing me to this tutorial. I appreciate it!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkXShadowX21 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-07-2014), Jahooba (03-07-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXShadowX21 View Post
    I'm typically good at figuring out an accidental typo. This time, I can't seem to figure out what you are trying to say ( itmohe ) ?
    Ah ah, sorry. I think that should have simply been a 'the'
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXShadowX21 View Post
    When you say the icon needs resizing, should I try a different method of resizing than what I mentioned in the previous comment before this one? If not, what method of resizing would I go with to ensure I don't lose quality of the image?
    What I mean here is that it's not just the canvas size which needed resizing, but the whole image.

I see you've figured it out. That's a nice icon. Adding perspective to a glyph icon is a very nice recipe. Enjoy fine-themeing your phone.
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

DarkXShadowX21 (03-11-2014), Jahooba (03-07-2014), King_O_Hill (03-07-2014)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567