Page 938 of 1517 FirstFirst ... 438 838 888 928936937938939940 948 988 1038 1438 ... LastLast
Results 18,741 to 18,760 of 30323

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    It's all about color for me, especially with the ridiculous saturation the iPhone 5 has. Dark is how you hide errors. Color and light show you got your **** together; IMNSHO
    I don't think there has ever been any problem with the color and lighting Will has used. He has always said that his icons were meant to compliment iOS and I think he has done a better job with that than Apple could do if they re-did all of their stock icons themselves. The bright colors and overdone flash/gloss of the stock icons was what I thought he was trying to improve on.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to akrimmer For This Useful Post:

bobright (02-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Nsomnia34 View Post

I wish the black one I use looked this good.
    I'll follow up and update the black version for this icon tomorrow.. Will post it once done! Now I gotta hit the books for some studying..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to andresito85 For This Useful Post:

Nsomnia34 (02-19-2013)

IconRenamer does rename any icon other that WebClips.
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

Thank you for the Bastion icon Lok. One of the few I did not have themed. Just a handful left...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jozef For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by theturtlewalk View Post
    I read it was getting rolled out over the week, not here in the uk yet from what I can see.

Also can anybody remember the bundle for the racing icon lok did so in ready to theme it? If not ill have a look
    com.firemint.realracing2

Besides the Facebook and Messages icons there are some other cool additions made to Jaku.

iOS 6 keypad is themed, notifications have their icons themed, nice new icons for many other apps.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

theturtlewalk (02-18-2013)

Wow! Anyone who owns Zephyr should go check out the update NOW!! It's so awesome!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aransh For This Useful Post:

akrimmer (02-18-2013), Alfroggy (02-18-2013)

Ok thanks. Checking.

Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 798 Posts

Yeah, yeah, and here's where I become the bad guy again for daring speak up.

**** that.

I like the color. You don't? Use old icons.

Enough with the ******* PMs, kthanxbai.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    com.firemint.realracing2

Besides the Facebook and Messages icons there are some other cool additions made to Jaku.

iOS 6 keypad is themed, notifications have their icons themed, nice new icons for many other apps.
    The keypad you say? I'm afraid I do not see that. Are you sure it's from this update?

My iPhone is a Part of Me darkenmyday's Avatar
    Thanks

my keypad isn't themed either..hmm

It's the lock keypad. Not the Phone.app's

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    It's the lock keypad. Not the Phone.app's
    Ohhhh... That has been there for a while, isn't it just stunning?

Yeah, just noticed the file's date is start of February.

Quote Originally Posted by aransh View Post
    Wow! Anyone who owns Zephyr should go check out the update NOW!! It's so awesome!!
    Be careful, the updated version break the notification center. It won't stay open after you pull it from the top.

At Lok,

Out of curiosity, what file browsing app is this?

It looks a lot cleaner than the iFunbox app that I'm using.

Quote Originally Posted by pat_ty View Post
    Be careful, the updated version break the notification center. It won't stay open after you pull it from the top.
    Must be an incompatibility with some other tweak. Mine stays down until I pull it back up or hit home.

It is so reactive ! Impressive !

I wasn't convinced about Zephyr but now that my preferred multitasking tweak is not good for my FW anymore, I'll explore this again. Feels real good for the while.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

aransh (02-19-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    At Lok,

Out of curiosity, what file browsing app is this?

It looks a lot cleaner than the iFunbox app that I'm using.

That's Transmit. It's what I have been recommending to everyone for a year now. :-)

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-18-2013), Anonymous (02-18-2013)

That's Transmit. It's what I have been recommending to everyone for a year now. :-)
    Thank you, sir. Downloading now.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymous For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-18-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Thank you, sir. Downloading now.
    Yessir. It is, by far, one of the best apps you'll have in your arsenal in general.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-18-2013)

They are just icons, color, bright, dark, boobs, whatever. Keep the updates coming, loving it.

-3ppmah.jpg
    Last edited by 8lias; 02-18-2013 at 05:13 PM.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 8lias For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-18-2013), bluevixen (02-19-2013), Chaotic Buddhist (02-18-2013), Damnskippy (02-18-2013)

Yup. Aside from Coda 2, all of Panic's stuff is just top notch. Pricey, but oh so worth it.

There is always going to be a rift between people that don't like change. These new updates have seen quite a large disparity between those people. It seems the majority like the new icons, but I have gotten tweets and emails with users who didn't. As the French say, c'est la vie.

As for the process behind the design, CB has a good grasp of the situation. It's not that every icon has to be muted, or loud for that matter to be part of a whole. And it's also not the case that you can't mix and match. Compare Apple's native FaceTime icon with their Messages icon. Both are along the same vein in regards to functionality, but both communicate it very differently in their design choices.

When it comes to designing something that's already been done (I'm just re-interpreting Apple's work after all), it's often the conundrum of whether or not to step outside of their shadow, or happily live there. Sometimes there are other ways to re-interpret the design, other times, they really have produced the best metaphor (like Passbook for example) and it would just be change for the sake of change to deviate. Obviously there are no hard and fast rules to this, but as a designer, you do have to be mindful of such things and tailor your work around the decisions you make.

And in the end, I'm still maturing as a designer. I get a lot of praise, but I'm by far from this master pixel pusher.

Quote Originally Posted by 8lias View Post
    They are just icons, color, bright, dark, boobs, whatever. Keep the updates coming, loving it.
    It's amazing how far some will go and this is what I'm always reminded of. Out of everything you get with Jaku, and aside from having the power to make your own backups, some people still raise such a storm about one single icon out of a couple of hundred :/

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lokheed For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-18-2013), Anonymous (02-18-2013), Chaotic Buddhist (02-18-2013), DjeTouch (02-18-2013), Iphone ie (02-19-2013), Zooropalg (02-18-2013)

Page 938 of 1517 FirstFirst ... 438 838 888 928936937938939940 948 988 1038 1438 ... LastLast