+ Reply
Page 920 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 420 820 870 910918919920921922 930 970 1020 1420 ... LastLast
Results 18,381 to 18,400 of 29595

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by jackson1714 yes, seriously. i thought there would be more themed. i love the icons and that is why i am currently using the theme. i was using
...
  1. #18381
    Theme Creator Lokheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    335
    Thanks
    180
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 233 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jackson1714 View Post
    yes, seriously. i thought there would be more themed. i love the icons and that is why i am currently using the theme. i was using ayecon for while...and surenix will spoil you with all the goodies, haha. nonetheless it was time for a change. so now im using jaku. i was unaware that i couldnt ask question about something that i purchased? i wasnt complaining or bad mouthing the theme. i was just curious what others had contriubuted since i am new this theme and it has been around for awhile. that is all.
    There are over 1 million apps in the App Store. With that said, there are some 250+ originally crafted icons in Jaku now. Yep, I could have just automasked everything, but what's the point of just altering the border of every single icon? Do people really hate Apple's corner radii that much? I never understood slapping a square frame around existing icons. They are still fundamentally the same icons you'd get without having to pay for a theme.

    As for the rest of the UI, I like iOS. Most of it. Ripping it apart and slapping cloth, leather, and jeans all over the place doesn't make for a "magical" experience. With that said, Jaku contains a modified Lock Screen, Lock Screen/Phone View dialer, Mission Control, Notification Center, Dock (and SpringBoard), SBSettings, IntelliScreenX, OpenNotifier, and a few bits of the UI to boot. Auxo is coming.

    And honestly, it's about quality, not quantity. I'm not having a go at you, but Jaku will never be about gutting iOS. It's about building on top of Apple's world class design, not dismembering it. But one things for sure, Jaku is not just icons. That's like saying Apple is just hardware.



    Oh, and 1.4.9.1 has just been submitted to MacCiti. Sorry, it only contains a bunch of new icons
    Last edited by Lokheed; 02-14-2013 at 09:55 PM. Reason: new version

  2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lokheed For This Useful Post:

    akrimmer (02-15-2013), Alfroggy (02-14-2013), Chaotic Buddhist (02-14-2013), chevymusclecar (02-14-2013), Darrenrooster (02-15-2013), DjeTouch (02-15-2013), heggs80 (02-15-2013), nnfdcane (02-14-2013), radioBirdman (02-15-2013), simer_cool (02-15-2013)

  3. #18382
    Etch A Alfroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,002
    Thanks
    28,314
    Thanked 8,109 Times in 3,429 Posts

    William, while you're around, please note WinterBoard gives iFile's icon low res name priority.
    This is still due to its Info.plist I believe, like WinterBoard's. And Cydia's.
    So, iFile -> 'iPhoneAppIcon.png' suffices.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokheed View Post
    (/defends his business)
    Oh, and 1.4.9.1 has just been submitted to MacCiti. Sorry, it only contains a bunch of new icons
    Oh Christmas again !
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 02-14-2013 at 10:03 PM.
    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

    bobright (02-14-2013)

  5. #18383
    Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Kenmore, Washington, United States
    Posts
    1,666
    Thanks
    850
    Thanked 1,636 Times in 797 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Seriously. I also noticed that some of my third party applications aren't themed. Like lol wtf?!!11!!
    Well it's not a real theme then...

    Quote Originally Posted by jackson1714 View Post
    yes, seriously. i thought there would be more themed. i love the icons and that is why i am currently using the theme. i was using ayecon for while...and surenix will spoil you with all the goodies, haha. nonetheless it was time for a change. so now im using jaku. i was unaware that i couldnt ask question about something that i purchased? i wasnt complaining or bad mouthing the theme. i was just curious what others had contriubuted since i am new this theme and it has been around for awhile. that is all.
    Missed the point entirely. Not only is Jaku a complete theme, it's better because all it does is clean up an already good looking UI.
    There is zero desire in this group to make a shiny gold title bar just because we can....

    It's a complete theme, and definitely one of the finest.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Don't worry Jackson. ChaoticBuddhist is a grumpy old themer. Once you'll get to know him better you'll understand he's moody, talented AND very helpful. In that order
    I'm also a fairly decent design engineer, an accomplished studio musician and I make the best corn bread in Seattle.
    Last edited by Chaotic Buddhist; 02-14-2013 at 10:06 PM.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

    Anonymous (02-14-2013)

  7. #18384
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    550
    Thanks
    647
    Thanked 139 Times in 93 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokheed View Post
    There are over 1 million apps in the App Store. With that said, there are some 250+ originally crafted icons in Jaku now. Yep, I could have just automasked everything, but what's the point of just altering the border of every single icon? Do people really hate Apple's corner radii that much? I never understood slapping a square frame around existing icons. They are still fundamentally the same icons you'd get without having to pay for a theme.

    As for the rest of the UI, I like iOS. Most of it. Ripping it apart and slapping cloth, leather, and jeans all over the place doesn't make for a "magical" experience. With that said, Jaku contains a modified Lock Screen, Lock Screen/Phone View dialer, Mission Control, Notification Center, Dock (and SpringBoard), SBSettings, IntelliScreenX, OpenNotifier, and a few bits of the UI to boot. Auxo is coming.

    And honestly, it's about quality, not quantity. I'm not having a go at you, but Jaku will never be about gutting iOS. It's about building on top of Apple's world class design, not dismembering it. But one things for sure, Jaku is not just icons. That's like saying Apple is just hardware.



    Oh, and 1.4.9.1 has just been submitted to MacCiti. Sorry, it only contains a bunch of new icons
    i totally agree with you. i like the look and feel of the iOS for the most part. i love the icons that you and others have created for the theme. as for all the mods and ui elements...i am just coming across them. i thought they would be all together in one package; but everything is coming along nicely now and i am quite satisfied to say the least. i appreciate all the work you and others have but into this theme. i for one do not have the patience or talent it takes to create and design a theme. kudos to you..i think i will be using this theme for awhile. just so we're clear i wasn't bashing the theme. i was just making sure i had access to all the mods, icons, and etc that come with theme. i am very pleased with my status thus far...
    Jaku for iOS 5-imageuploadedbymodmyi1360905021.878555.jpg

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jackson1714 For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-14-2013), Lokheed (02-14-2013)

  9. #18385
    iPhoneaholic Toolysenegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    403
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 98 Times in 70 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by slumpey326 View Post
    I did that but no luck, strange. The /* was not there to begin with when I first opened the HTML file so shouldn't it display the am/pm.
    Reinstall and try it again

  10. #18386
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    550
    Thanks
    647
    Thanked 139 Times in 93 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    Well it's not a real theme then...



    Missed the point entirely. Not only is Jaku a complete theme, it's better because all it does is clean up an already good looking UI.
    There is zero desire in this group to make a shiny gold title bar just because we can....

    It's a complete theme, and definitely one of the finest.



    I'm also a fairly decent design engineer, an accomplished studio musician and I make the best corn bread in Seattle.
    actually i wasn't i enquiring about " a shiny gold bar" i was just mainly asking about a settings theme and a SMS theme to see if they existed. that is all. others may ask for a shiny bar but that's not me. look at my screen shot i am all about simplicity which brought me to this theme in the first place. in my opinion, forums are all about learning and sharing information, not attacking someone who asked a valid question. a simple "yes" or "no" ...or "let me see if i can help" would have sufficed.

    what instruments do you play? i play guitar; and if im ever in Seattle i may have to try some of that corn bread of yours! haha.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to jackson1714 For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-14-2013)

  12. #18387
    The Unknown Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    2,752
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 993 Times in 626 Posts

    Corn bread is good. So is banana bread.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anonymous For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-14-2013), jackson1714 (02-15-2013)

  14. #18388
    Etch A Alfroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,002
    Thanks
    28,314
    Thanked 8,109 Times in 3,429 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jackson1714 View Post
    i totally agree with you. i like the look and feel of the iOS for the most part. i love the icons that you and others have created for the theme. as for all the mods and ui elements...i am just coming across them. i thought they would be all together in one package; but everything is coming along nicely now and i am quite satisfied to say the least. i appreciate all the work you and others have but into this theme. i for one do not have the patience or talent it takes to create and design a theme. kudos to you..i think i will be using this theme for awhile. just so we're clear i wasn't bashing the theme. i was just making sure i had access to all the mods, icons, and etc that come with theme. i am very pleased with my status thus far...
    Attachment 622054
    It's alright. We were bashing you so don't excuse yourself when your intention wasn't bad.

    I find Ayecon to have nice stuff, I bought it. In fact many of us here did.
    I was tempted by the previews and praise Surenix tweeted and retweeted. On installing it I was most deceived by the icon shape. I had thought they'd be the iOS' standard's but found out they were smaller, like Sarif's where I expected Ayecon to be like Jackie Tran's legacy themes custom icons fitting iOS' mask. I also quickly realized the graphics to be too naive, to lack the details and fair realism of Jaku's.
    I've used Ayecon's UI for a while back then though, mainly because I had to be away from Jaku at the time, for reasons like my inability to contribute to icons due to it being Photoshop exclusive, to personality clashes on the thread, and because it removes that gloss Apple OS is painted all over with (stock popups are the worst IMO).

    I've come back to Jaku quite quick, and made my workaround to possessing that professional tool PS is for making my icons.

    I'm happy you're resisting the assault from thread pillars. You seem to be the type I'll be happy to have around. Here is a good place for that too.

    Quote Originally Posted by jackson1714 View Post
    EDIT : BTW don't be scared to ask for that lower left app's icon from your SpringBoard to be Jaku'd out.

    Who knows, something might pop which will custom suit your liking, something not corn.
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 02-14-2013 at 10:56 PM.
    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

    jackson1714 (02-14-2013)

  16. #18389
    Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Kenmore, Washington, United States
    Posts
    1,666
    Thanks
    850
    Thanked 1,636 Times in 797 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jackson1714 View Post
    actually i wasn't i enquiring about " a shiny gold bar" i was just mainly asking about a settings theme and a SMS theme to see if they existed. that is all. others may ask for a shiny bar but that's not me. look at my screen shot i am all about simplicity which brought me to this theme in the first place. in my opinion, forums are all about learning and sharing information, not attacking someone who asked a valid question. a simple "yes" or "no" ...or "let me see if i can help" would have sufficed.

    what instruments do you play? i play guitar; and if im ever in Seattle i may have to try some of that corn bread of yours! haha.
    I have played piano since I was about seven. I can play clarinet but don't anymore, and I'm a drummer/percussionist. I have a couple MIDI keyboards I drive with Ableton Live then I just play and record. From there I take my stuff, trim out clips I like and I layer and play using those clips.
    Electronic fusion.

    Http://chaoticbuddhist.bandcamp.com if you're interested.

  17. #18390
    Power User chevymusclecar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,617
    Thanks
    17,233
    Thanked 18,292 Times in 3,997 Posts

    Lok I love your icons any day!

    CB you're in the emerald city? What up homie me too!! Look at that! Small world!

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-14-2013)

  19. #18391
    Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Kenmore, Washington, United States
    Posts
    1,666
    Thanks
    850
    Thanked 1,636 Times in 797 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    Lok I love your icons any day!

    CB you're in the emerald city? What up homie me too!! Look at that! Small world!
    Are you? No kidding... Cool brother, we'll have to get together!
    Yeah, we're up in Kenmore.

    Small friggin world.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-14-2013)

  21. #18392
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    550
    Thanks
    647
    Thanked 139 Times in 93 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    I have played piano since I was about seven. I can play clarinet but don't anymore, and I'm a drummer/percussionist. I have a couple MIDI keyboards I drive with Ableton Live then I just play and record. From there I take my stuff, trim out clips I like and I layer and play using those clips.
    Electronic fusion.

    Http://chaoticbuddhist.bandcamp.com if you're interested.
    I've always wanted to okay piano but never got around to learning. i am in the process of trying to start up and alternative rock band...with a nirvana/brand new/ silversun picks up feel. i will check the link out tomorrow

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to jackson1714 For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-14-2013)

  23. #18393
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Blacksquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 361 Times in 146 Posts

    [delete]
    Last edited by Blacksquatch; 02-14-2013 at 11:04 PM.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksquatch For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-14-2013)

  25. #18394
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    550
    Thanks
    647
    Thanked 139 Times in 93 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    It's alright. We were bashing you so don't excuse yourself when your intention wasn't bad.

    I find Ayecon to have nice stuff, I bought it. In fact many of us here did.
    I was tempted by the previews and praise Surenix tweeted and retweeted. On installing it I was most deceived by the icon shape. I had thought they'd be the iOS' standard's but found out they were smaller, like Sarif's where I expected Ayecon to be like Jackie Tran's legacy themes custom icons fitting iOS' mask. I also quickly realized the graphics to be too naive, to lack the details and fair realism of Jaku's.
    I've used Ayecon's UI for a while back then though, mainly because I had to be away from Jaku at the time, for reasons like my inability to contribute to icons due to it being Photoshop exclusive, to personality clashes on the thread, and because it removes that gloss Apple OS is painted all over with (stock popups are the worst IMO).

    I've come back to Jaku quite quick, and made my workaround to possessing that professional tool PS is for making my icons.

    I'm happy you're resisting the assault from thread pillars. You seem to be the type I'll be happy to have around. Here is a good place for that too.



    EDIT : BTW don't be scared to ask for that lower left app's icon from your SpringBoard to be Jaku'd out.

    Who knows, something might pop which will custom suit your liking, something not corn.
    yeah that's my suntrust banking app...i was gonna search the icons made and see if i could up with something before i make a request. i prefer to exhaust all options before asking someone to create an icon etc...it takes time.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to jackson1714 For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-14-2013)

  27. #18395
    Etch A Alfroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,002
    Thanks
    28,314
    Thanked 8,109 Times in 3,429 Posts

    Nobody lives near me. Newbi29 ? Where are you from ? We could mountain bike together some day.
    I swear I won't OTA update your iPhone during the ride.
    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"

  28. #18396
    Livin the iPhone Life bobright's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,894
    Thanks
    444
    Thanked 216 Times in 149 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    As always, my wallpapers are the production of the one and only Genso/Sino. His current Tumblr account is iPhone 5 and you will find this wallpaper on the second page. I dare you to get to it without downloading anything else...

    You'll never make it. lol
    Good stuff, no great stuff oh my they are beautiful.

  29. #18397
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Blacksquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 361 Times in 146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    ...and I make the best corn bread in Seattle.
    I'll travel from Missouri for this...

    My desktop was nice and tidy for 3 months while there was no jailbreak. See what This theme does to me?


  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksquatch For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-14-2013)

  31. #18398
    Livin the iPhone Life bobright's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,894
    Thanks
    444
    Thanked 216 Times in 149 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mikepirih View Post
    Attachment 622034This is a little something I can contribute

    Uploaded from iphone
    Cool, so you have a variation in black?

  32. #18399
    Power User chevymusclecar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,617
    Thanks
    17,233
    Thanked 18,292 Times in 3,997 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    Are you? No kidding... Cool brother, we'll have to get together!
    Yeah, we're up in Kenmore.

    Small friggin world.
    Yeah man stayed in Lynnwood about seven years ago now live in Kent. Bro for sure we should grab some coffee and you can bring your famous cornbread I work in Seattle so I'm usually always in the city.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-14-2013)

  34. #18400
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Blacksquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 361 Times in 146 Posts



    Since Kickstarter FINALLY released a dang app...
    Last edited by Blacksquatch; 02-14-2013 at 11:34 PM.

  35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blacksquatch For This Useful Post:

    ahh_boi (02-14-2013), Alfroggy (02-15-2013), Chaotic Buddhist (02-15-2013), j.dstasio (02-15-2013), lion19 (02-15-2013)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts