+ Reply
Page 889 of 1495 FirstFirst ... 389 789 839 879887888889890891 899 939 989 1389 ... LastLast
Results 17,761 to 17,780 of 29890

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Could someone please make Fido my account, tim hortons, and scotiabank icons. Thanks
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Could someone please make Fido my account, tim hortons, and scotiabank icons.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi folks,

I first want to say wow I can't believe this theme has been resurrected and is still alive and kicking now for the iPhone 5. But then again it was always an amazing theme with such a good helping community on here it's no surprise. I remember being here when it was just created way back, spent a lot of time in here trying to help and create icons. Now with my brand spanking new iPhone 5 and iMac I plan to get back in the mix of things again. I purchased it when it first came out and did again because it's that good (see s/s if you don't believe me), support your devs folks do not pirate they deserve every bit for their hard work.

Now moving on I was wondering if I can get a little assistance here. I need a refresh on how to get custom icons to show up. Im not sure if it's the client I'm using Cyberduck (no longer on Windows and OpenSSH) or what I am doing wrong but icons aren't changing for me. I looked at guides and remember based off AppInfo or finding the .plist you would make a folder labeled whatever the bundle is and use the icon name.

So for example I'm trying to change the Amazon icon and it will NOT change for the life of me. The folder I made is labeled com.amazon.Amazon, then inside here I put icon.png and [email protected] using different variations of caps and no caps. I put this com.amazon.Amazon folder inside Jaku Essentials.theme/Bundles/com.amazon.Amazon and have selected and deselected the theme used iWipe etc and nothing changes. Am I putting this com.amazon.Amazon bundle in the wrong directory? Where does it need to go?

Any help would be appreciated
    Bob!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jaku for iOS 5-photo.png  

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bobright For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-08-2013)

Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    Hi folks,

I first want to say wow I can't believe this theme has been resurrected and is still alive and kicking now for the iPhone 5. But then again it was always an amazing theme with such a good helping community on here it's no surprise. I remember being here when it was just created way back, spent a lot of time in here trying to help and create icons. Now with my brand spanking new iPhone 5 and iMac I plan to get back in the mix of things again. I purchased it when it first came out and did again because it's that good (see s/s if you don't believe me), support your devs folks do not pirate they deserve every bit for their hard work.

Now moving on I was wondering if I can get a little assistance here. I need a refresh on how to get custom icons to show up. Im not sure if it's the client I'm using Cyberduck (no longer on Windows and OpenSSH) or what I am doing wrong but icons aren't changing for me. I looked at guides and remember based off AppInfo or finding the .plist you would make a folder labeled whatever the bundle is and use the icon name.

So for example I'm trying to change the Amazon icon and it will NOT change for the life of me. The folder I made is labeled com.amazon.Amazon, then inside here I put icon.png and [email protected] using different variations of caps and no caps. I put this com.amazon.Amazon folder inside Jaku Essentials.theme/Bundles/com.amazon.Amazon and have selected and deselected the theme used iWipe etc and nothing changes. Am I putting this com.amazon.Amazon bundle in the wrong directory? Where does it need to go?

Bob!
    What does AppInfo say you should use?

Allow me to elaborate.
    AppInfo is found on Cydia and if you're going to be doing this, you should have it.
    You're guessing, and you can guess all day long and not get it right. You will probably find the icon is named 57.png or something.
    AppInfo will give you the bundle ID, icon names and a shitload more info as well.

And it's free.
    Last edited by Chaotic Buddhist; 02-08-2013 at 06:05 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-08-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Anybody else having an app info problem? I can only search App Store apps

Thanks

Hi folks,

Bob!
    I have always used the summer board method. Much easier than the way your doing it IMO

Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Anybody else having an app info problem? I can only search App Store apps
    Click Packages down at the bottom. Tada.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'd suggest AppInfo because it's comprehensive and works better than summer board method.

Edit: HI CB!!! omg it's been so long since we were here!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to evo0o For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-08-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me darkenmyday's Avatar
    Thanks

where can i request an icon? my computer is broken so i can't do it on my own

12. The Following User Says Thank You to darkenmyday For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-08-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Blacksquatch's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkenmyday View Post
    where can i request an icon? my computer is broken so i can't do it on my own
    either on the repo or here I suppose.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksquatch For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-08-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    Click Packages down at the bottom. Tada.
    Lol tada. Yeah I know how it works I can click on anything and nothing works anymore.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Silverado1987 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-08-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 233 Posts

Hi folks,

... snip ...

Bob!
    Yeah, right, that could be anyone's phone. How do I know it's yours???

Okay, seriously. First, don't throw them in Essentials. Make your own theme. Go to /Library/Themes/ and make a folder called Bob's Jaku.theme. Inside it, make a folder called Bundles (just like that, not all lower case). Then inside that, put your Bundle IDs. You can even copy Bundle IDs from the original package and change them there. Just leave the core files alone. That way, you'll never lose anything nor will you ever need to back up anything. Be smart.

As CB said, don't guess. It'll be impossible. You can either use AppInfo, or it that doesn't work, extract the IPA (select the View in Finder option on the context menu to show where the file is located) using Archive Utility or Unarchiver. IPAs are just zip files. Then right click on the payload (the .app) and select Show package contents. You'll get access to all the files. Find the icon, get the data from the plist (install Xcode) and you retain your sanity. Also, Cyberduck, while free, sucks. Try Transmit. Best FTP client, bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by nnfdcane View Post
    I have always used the summer board method. Much easier than the way your doing it IMO
    While it may be easier, it takes a pretty big performance hit on the device. Actually turning off summerboard mode really gives your device some oomph. Just sayin'.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lokheed For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-08-2013), bjbinc (02-08-2013), bobright (02-08-2013), nnfdcane (02-08-2013), radioBirdman (02-08-2013)

Thanks

What does AppInfo say you should use?

Allow me to elaborate.
    AppInfo is found on Cydia and if you're going to be doing this, you should have it.
    You're guessing, and you can guess all day long and not get it right. You will probably find the icon is named 57.png or something.
    AppInfo will give you the bundle ID, icon names and a shitload more info as well.

And it's free.
    Chaotic,

I am using AppInfo and going by what it says for Amazon: com.amazon.Amazon and for the Icon Names inside this folder: I've tried every single one listed individually as well as together see my screenshots. Is there something I'm doing wrong here?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jaku for iOS 5-photo.png   Jaku for iOS 5-2.png   Jaku for iOS 5-3.png  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksquatch View Post
    either on the repo or here I suppose.
    alright thanks, i'll just request here..can someone do an angry birds rio icon? and preferably not copy and paste because thats whats already in the repo, it would be much appreciated..thanks!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to darkenmyday For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-08-2013)

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akrimmer For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-08-2013), bobright (02-08-2013)

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's happened to me on a couple of apps also. I tried every possible icon name listed in AppInfo, checked bundle id several times to make sure it was correct, resprung, rebooted, you name it and still the icons did not theme. Eventually I gave up, but today after a respring for an install, the two icons were inexplicably themed!

Not sure whether it's a bug or something with Winterboard, iOS 6.1, or evasi0n jb? I now have an icon for a non-Jaku (sadly) theme on my iPad Mini which will not theme despite my every effort.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to jozef For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-08-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lokheed View Post
    Yeah, right, that could be anyone's phone. How do I know it's yours???

Okay, seriously. First, don't throw them in Essentials. Make your own theme. Go to /Library/Themes/ and make a folder called Bob's Jaku.theme. Inside it, make a folder called Bundles (just like that, not all lower case). Then inside that, put your Bundle IDs. You can even copy Bundle IDs from the original package and change them there. Just leave the core files alone. That way, you'll never lose anything nor will you ever need to back up anything. Be smart.

As CB said, don't guess. It'll be impossible. You can either use AppInfo, or it that doesn't work, extract the IPA (select the View in Finder option on the context menu to show where the file is located) using Archive Utility or Unarchiver. IPAs are just zip files. Then right click on the payload (the .app) and select Show package contents. You'll get access to all the files. Find the icon, get the data from the plist (install Xcode) and you retain your sanity. Also, Cyberduck, while free, sucks. Try Transmit. Best FTP client, bar none.

While it may be easier, it takes a pretty big performance hit on the device. Actually turning off summerboard mode really gives your device some oomph. Just sayin'.
    Lok,

Good joke but come on man I've always supported you. I appreciate the help and have followed your guys suggestions but the icon still doesn't change. Here is how I have my theme selected and I have [email protected] in the bundle and have also tried icon.png the default icon remains after reboot and a full iWipe.

This. Thanks AK...
    Nice find AK, but like I said I've tried caps and no caps all variations that was just a screenie with uppercase
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jaku for iOS 5-screen-shot-2013-02-08-6.11.35-pm.png   Jaku for iOS 5-photo.png  
    Last edited by bobright; 02-08-2013 at 07:20 PM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to bobright For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-08-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me akrimmer's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice find AK, but like I said I've tried caps and no caps all variations that was just a screenie with uppercase
    Hmmm...Jozef's comment made me remember a weird issue with the previous JB. Open Cydia and install any new package. Doesn't really matter what. Then respring/reboot/wipecache and see if the icon changes.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akrimmer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i've had issues with icons changing too..i don't know if this will work for you, but i went into winterboard and deselected/selected Jaku Essentials and then respring; then the icons showed up for me

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darkenmyday For This Useful Post:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

First off I would like to say that I'm so glad we have the jailbreak we've all been waiting for! I'm so thankful for this community and all the devs out there that make this all possible... especially Lokheed for IMHO the best theme out there

Just thought I'd share my current setup....

...enjoy

Jaku for iOS 5-photo-1.pngJaku for iOS 5-photo-2.png