+ Reply
Page 866 of 1502 FirstFirst ... 366 766 816 856864865866867868 876 916 966 1366 ... LastLast
Results 17,301 to 17,320 of 30031

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist Should I come back after the untethered is released? Turns out I had backups.... just sayin.... It wouldn't kill ya Jk
    Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    Should I come back after the untethered is released?

Turns out I had backups.... just sayin....
    It wouldn't kill ya Jk

Thanks
    Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,860 Posts

Should I come back after the untethered is released?

Turns out I had backups.... just sayin....
    YEEEAAH ! Please do !
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

My iPhone is a Part of Me darkenmyday's Avatar
    Thanks

i do agree with your post Alfroggy, its very spot on..however a lot of those people who get the bevels wrong and have the white corners are often people who are new to the theme, or even theming all together, so they don't yet understand how to make a jaku icon up to standards (kind of like me, sometimes xD) so its kind of a cross between people who don't care how their icons look, and people who are trying their best and getting more skilled over time no disrespect to your post or anything because you are very correct, and have helped me a lot with my icons so thank you :thumbs up:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to darkenmyday For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-28-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,860 Posts

My post you mention darkenmyday perhaps is mistaken for a complaining one. It is not. It's a reaction to radioBirdman's general remark about icons not meeting Jaku standards and his asking for contributors' judgment as to what to upload on Jakurepo and what shouldn't be there.
    My reply, simply put, says to point at what icons are the faulty ones, so that artists know we expect for better quality and more work to be input in making Jaku icons, and so as actions to be taken for fixing corners or bevels he'd reject.
    And I underlined the background work being made to maintain Jakurepo, highlighting the limits we meet about moderating submissions.

Your icons are good darkenmyday, and have experienced a lot of improvement lately. It is true that your first skateboard or iPod icons didn't have bevels matching Jaku's concept, but I can't blame you or them. A big proportion of my small contribution to jakurepo's icons don't even have that characteristic Jaku shape.
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

darkenmyday (01-28-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    My post you mention darkenmyday perhaps is mistaken for a complaining one. It is not. It's a reaction to radioBirdman's general remark about icons not meeting Jaku standards and his asking for contributors' judgment as to what to upload on Jakurepo and what shouldn't be there.
    My reply, simply put, says to point at what icons are the faulty ones, so that artists know we expect for better quality and more work to be input in making Jaku icons, and so as actions to be taken for fixing corners or bevels he'd reject.
    And I underlined the background work being made to maintain Jakurepo, highlighting the limits we meet about moderating submissions.

Your icons are good darkenmyday, and have experienced a lot of improvement lately. It is true that your first skateboard or iPod icons didn't have bevels matching Jaku's concept, but I can't blame you or them. A big proportion of my small contribution to jakurepo's icons don't even have that characteristic Jaku shape.
    ah, i see...thank you, you are very kind

8. The Following User Says Thank You to darkenmyday For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-28-2013)

Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    It wouldn't kill ya Jk
    We thought that last time and I ended up in the hospital...
    By the way, heart attacks SUCK.

Also, I'm upgrading to 6.1 right now. Once the untethered is out, I'll tend to business and see about getting my feet wet again this weekend.

YEEEAAH ! Please do !
    Oh alright.....

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-28-2013), DjeTouch (01-28-2013), Iphone ie (01-29-2013), radioBirdman (01-28-2013), Silverado1987 (01-28-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,359 Times in 575 Posts

..for the 6.1 or iPhone 5 guys... I'm really happy for you GUYS, great news for you maybe sunday, hope to bring some heat around here, really hope.
    Really really great news ahead...

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to macinmac For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-31-2013), jadaki (01-28-2013), Silverado1987 (01-28-2013), snakeeater01 (01-29-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macinmac View Post
    ..for the 6.1 or iPhone 5 guys... I'm really happy for you GUYS, great news for you maybe sunday, hope to bring some heat around here, really hope.
    Really really great news ahead...
    Yeah I'm stoked. Planet being wants early and musclenerd wants sunday

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Silverado1987 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-31-2013)

Thanks

Just a little observation: the music lockscreen controls have changed in iOS 6.1. Check it out!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymous For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-31-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Just a little observation: the music lockscreen controls have changed in iOS 6.1. Check it out!
    Still trying to download it lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverado1987 View Post
    still trying to download it lol
    ota?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    ota?
    They said not too ota. Restore and update through iTunes and I'm getting an error. Prolly cause its overloaded.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 233 Posts

Jaku News

With the inevitable release of the jailbreak, I'm getting a fair bit of chatter regarding the state of Jaku. Let me answer some of the questions being asked:

1. Is Jaku for iPhone iOS 6.1 ready? No, not yet. When I jailbreak my iPhone 5, I will delve into iOS and see what needs to be fixed/added. Expect a compatibility release shortly after the JB for iOS 6.1 drops.

2. Will Jaku for iPad be released this Sunday along with the jailbreak for iOS 6.1? No. There's still a lot to do. Progress is steady but it's not ready for prime time yet. Also, I can't quote a release date.

3. Will Jaku for iPhone continue to be updated? Yes. It is still very much in active development.

4. Will Jaku for iPad be the same as Jaku for iPhone? Yes and no. Somethings will, but once released, Jaku for iPad will be a progressive change. I've had a chance to fix a lot of things and rework most everything. Some of those changes will trickle back to Jaku for iPhone, some won't. They will walk the same path, but as two different people.

21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Lokheed For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-28-2013), bjbinc (01-28-2013), ByteArt (01-28-2013), Chaotic Buddhist (01-28-2013), Commandor (01-30-2013), Darrenrooster (01-29-2013), Hepkatl (02-01-2013), Iphone ie (01-29-2013), jadaki (01-28-2013), Luiscastro23 (02-02-2013), radioBirdman (01-28-2013), snakeeater01 (01-29-2013), Vicarious (02-08-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me radioBirdman's Avatar
    Thanks

Bryan put a very nifty lil tool at our disposal which allows to fix corners from web-hosted Jaku icons.

Please direct me to the incriminated icons with whitish corners so I can fix them Liam. Been browsing the repo to chase them down, and it is a tedious task. Renown contributors to the Jaku community have allowed defective corners icons to be uploaded to Jakurepo, and most of these icons date from a while back. This rant of yours posted just now doesn't hint at that tiny detail but instead makes us think they are recent infractions.

I also chased down a fair bit of dribbble icons processed into the Jaku template without the original artists' consent.
    I've reworked a number of icons which had obvious things done wrong. Like corner radius being left parallel to iOS' or margins left to the iOS' squared ratio and simply sandwiched into William's templates without prior adaptation.

But this is even more tedious a process.

Also contributors not always have kept access to their emails provided on Jakurepo or have entered fake ones or simply don't care anymore so having their permission to modify an icon of their's is not granted, leaving me (or other Jakurepo moderators) with the final decision to upload rectified versions to be uploaded or not, especially given the sentence about not being allowed to modify an artist's work without consent Bryan put on both versions of Jakurepo.com

Bevels often are wrong. PMing individual contributors in this regard just asks for too much work. I check if provided emails are iMessage-abled when I can't receive replies to mails. Plus MacThemes is down, without any info as to when it'll be up again or why it's down. Leaves us with a big proportion of original posts you can't access anymore. More icon contributors you can't easily contact anymore.

Time went by too, and many icon artists simply don't use Jaku no more. Not all of us consider Jaku to be the best theme around, nor the action of jailbreaking to be worthwile repeating over with new devices and firmwares, nor apple machines or iOS to be superior, and have sImply left the icommunity since the time they've been sharing their stuff for free.

Besides, submitted icons sometimes were made with EdiusHD's template, or with self built templates (like my own) which don't strictly abide to the Jaku standards. I also can't provide contributors whom you can't check for legit possession of Jaku with copyrighted material like that PDF guide of Will's you refer to either, and describing the intended sliced effect without that is hard.

Another thing is that icons are not always hosted the right way, and some links are now broken. This asks for repair, and it adds work trying to find workarounds to simply deleting them from the repo when you know they were works of art from golden contributors who've left the themeing scene.

All this to say that your rant should be aimed at the right icons/people, cause while I agree Jaku is a lady deserving royal treatment, there is no thing as a professional contract tying the Jaku contributor to the end user as far as quality goes. It still is the average Jakurepo user who selects and downloads icons he/she wants on his/her device. Like there's no way for Bryan to know if it'll be an android bot massively downloading the icons and repacking them into .apks for unconsented redistribution. Jakurepo has its limitations, and you just can't police all submissions.

William won't add any contributor icons (other than the Sparrow icon contest winners ^^ ) to the theme either. He certainly is being permissive enough with us using his branded name for such public icon repository as Bryan's site is, when you know people can just build their own 'Jaku' theme from Jakurepo icons of their choice. And we're speaking of his business here, more that sole prestige or pride. It's the end user who judges of the suitability of the icons which are being selected for a place of choice on the homescreen. Even if that means, in the worst of case, swapping all of the original art from Jaku Essentials for quirky copy/paste icons. We don't all pay as much attention to detail as you do in hat concern.

It's the middle of the night here, and my post's construction is how it comes out with my display dimmed to less than its factory preset mini and f.lux's least aggressive setting, and my French keyboard and autocorrect popping up inadvertently so please bare with me.
    I think my 2 cents has been taken the wrong way by you Al (and a large amount of your reply has nothing to do with my suggestions) but it appears to have paid off somewhat... given that all the icons with clipping issues that were appearing yesterday (sorted by date) have now been corrected. A user that I didn't want to name has also updated one of his/hers icons with a corrected bevel. Though a few others could have their bevels checked.

I wasn't trying to rant or suggest anything about your moderation of the repo. Nor would I expect you to go clipping corners of the icons using Bryan's tool. Sure it's great that Bryan has provided that too, but if icons are made using William's template as instructed, the clipping mask would fix that problem before the icons even got uploaded. Back when Bryan, Krimmer & Bankai were the only uploaders/moderators of the Repo, they would instruct icon artists to fix their sh1t and re-post them. Icons posted here with wrong bevels would also get called out. And fair enough too. I just think folks should make use of the (very useful) instructional resources that have been provided.

You do a big job Alex and you're well respected for all the work you do and advice you provide. And you definately have more patience than I do! But I was simply reminding icon artists that these resources have been provided and, if followed, the work they submit to the repo would be of a higher quality.

Oh alright.....
    Good stuff CB. It'll be good to have you back.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to radioBirdman For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-28-2013), Chaotic Buddhist (01-28-2013)

Thanks

WOO! updating my ip4 now, can't wait for this new jailbreak!!!

Thanks

I keep getting the 3259 error in iTunes. And every F***ing ipsw I download from the Internet and try to restore directly, it gives me a firmware isn't the right file error crap. Ugh anyone else having problems using iTunes only because they said not to over the air?

Thanks

Really? I updated in about 15 min with no problem at all..but i upgraded directly from my iPod, I don't know if that had anything to do with it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkenmyday View Post
    Really? I updated in about 15 min with no problem at all..but i upgraded directly from my iPod, I don't know if that had anything to do with it
    You mean ota?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    You mean ota?
    yep..why did they say not to ota? i just barely read your post about that

My iPhone is a Part of Me radioBirdman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkenmyday View Post
    yep..why did they say not to ota? i just barely read your post about that
    (take extra notice of the update)

from iClarified:

Pimskeks of the Evad3rs Dev-Team reveals that those looking to apply the new iOS 6.1 jailbreak should update to the firmware using iTunes.

If you people plan to upgrade to iOS 6.1 please don't do an OTA upgrade. Please make a full restore using iTunes.

Just moments ago Planetbeing confirmed that their untethered jailbreak works with new iOS 6.1 final firmware released by Apple today and MuscleNerd hinted that the jailbreak will be released this Sunday.

Update:
    MuscleNerd offers some insight as to why this is necessary, "a few reasons: OTA is more time consuming for us to test, and it gives you different SHSH blobs than normal restore."

----

My 2 cents... Download the firmware from iClarified and then use Shift+Update (I think it's shift? It's been a while..?) in iTunes to update your device. The firmware will download super fast (I got the 900MB file in 2 minutes) and you can be satisfied that you have the .ipsw sitting on your PC at a known location. Very handy if the update goes wonky in iTunes or if there is a mass of iTunes users trying to do it at the same time.
    Last edited by radioBirdman; 01-28-2013 at 10:21 PM.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to radioBirdman For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-28-2013), darkenmyday (01-28-2013), Lokheed (01-28-2013)