+ Reply
Page 865 of 1502 FirstFirst ... 365 765 815 855863864865866867 875 915 965 1365 ... LastLast
Results 17,281 to 17,300 of 30025

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by macinmac Maps, Google Maps, MyLocation whatever you like. Download. nice effects on that, bud
    My iPhone is a Part of Me darkenmyday's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macinmac View Post
    Maps, Google Maps, MyLocation whatever you like.
    Download.
    nice effects on that, bud

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darkenmyday For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-25-2013), macinmac (01-26-2013)

Thanks

Why there's no " Thanks " button in PM.
    If the " Thanks " button available through PM's.
    I'll " Thanks " Alfroggy for 100000 times! Hahaha! *salute*

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Zombie For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-26-2013), henftling (01-26-2013), Sk37cH (01-26-2013)

Thanks

Does anyone uses a Tempus Tweak? I've got a problem with the Clock / iPod Controls Background, which looks too transparent after installing Tempus.

Jaku for iOS 5-imageuploadedbymodmyi1359235182.232443.jpg

Here is original Jaku LS for comparison

Jaku for iOS 5-imageuploadedbymodmyi1359235259.008761.jpg

Does anyone know how to get back original ls clock without removing tempus?

My iPhone is a Part of Me radioBirdman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vasyndrom View Post
    Does anyone uses a Tempus Tweak? I've got a problem with the Clock / iPod Controls Background, which looks too transparent after installing Tempus.

I don't have the tweak but it looks like it might have it's own image that is overriding the theme's "\Bundles\com.apple.TelephonyUI\BarLCD@2x~iphone.p ng" perhaps?

If you can get your hands on the tweak's .deb file (or have a look at the 'filesystem contents' or whatever Cydia calls it) you can then find the file from the tweak that might be doing this. That said, looking at the tweak's description, it might need it's own bar there for the swipe features and stuff. I don't know enough about tweaks to know that for sure., but I'd go looking for it myself, since I like my lockscreen to be consistent.

How do you find the tweak anyway? I was kinda interested, since I listen to music on my phone a hell of a lot, but I haven't tried it out yet.

Edit - if you can't work it out, maybe you should ask the developer via Cydia?
    Last edited by radioBirdman; 01-26-2013 at 06:55 PM.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to radioBirdman For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-26-2013), Asator (01-26-2013), DreadHeadSk8ter (01-27-2013), Sk37cH (01-26-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,182 Times in 1,664 Posts

Attachment 619973

Here is original Jaku LS for comparison

Attachment 619974

Somebody asked for a clear "BarLCD@2x~iphone.png" that goes in "Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI/" for this tweak, and it fixed whatever issue he had. It was in regards to when the controls are displaying. Not sure if this will help. Just thought I'd throw it out there. Thank you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-26-2013)

Thanks

Thanks for replies. I know that Tempus is overriding BarLCD@2x~iphone.png yet i can't find a file responsible for it. Looks like i'll have to contact developer.

So far my experience with Tempus is mixed. It has a great potential yet i've had couple of crashes on my iPhone 4 with iOS 6.0.1. Not to mention Tempus player ugly UI.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to vasyndrom For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-27-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,299 Times in 3,839 Posts

Thanks for replies. I know that Tempus is overriding BarLCD@2x~iphone.png yet i can't find a file responsible for it. Looks like i'll have to contact developer.

So far my experience with Tempus is mixed. It has a great potential yet i've had couple of crashes on my iPhone 4 with iOS 6.0.1. Not to mention Tempus player ugly UI.
    Crashes+ugly UI sound like a no-no I me.

In the auros thread the clear [email protected] got rid of the problem for a Tempus user.
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Sk37cH (01-27-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,182 Times in 1,664 Posts

Why the sad face mate? If anything you just found a lead. If its changing WHAT you want, just not HOW you want, then investigate. IFile is your friend, and will tell you everything you need to know. Thank you.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-27-2013), bluevixen (01-27-2013), radioBirdman (01-27-2013)

Thanks

^ words of wisdom
    Free. For all devices.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

bluevixen (01-27-2013), Sk37cH (01-27-2013)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to darkenmyday For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-27-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    Why the sad face mate? If anything you just found a lead. If its changing WHAT you want, just not HOW you want, then investigate. IFile is your friend, and will tell you everything you need to know. Thank you.
    Sad face because can't find a way to fix that silly problem Tho you're right IFile is my friend ... We ate already a breakfast and lunch together

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vasyndrom For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-27-2013), bluevixen (01-27-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me radioBirdman's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Advice for Repo uploaders
    William provided the templates, along with advice on how to use them, including detailed information on the bevel (see 'best practices' in the Jaku Template Guide).

Bryan provided a VERY detailed dummies guide on how to use the templates...

Yet so many of the icons on the Repo (also provided for free by Bryan - I hope y'all been donating) have visible corners and bevels that are all wrong.

These icons are (according to the numbers) being downloaded a fair bit too, which indicates people are somewhat satisfied with icons that do not fit in with the original theme at all.

Please take the time to read the guide & watch the video before uploading icons. Let's not shame the best iOS theme ever with half-jobs.

/2c

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to radioBirdman For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-27-2013), Anonymous (01-27-2013), Asator (01-27-2013), bjbinc (01-28-2013), chevymusclecar (01-28-2013), jadaki (01-28-2013), Lokheed (01-28-2013)

Thanks

Bryan put a very nifty lil tool at our disposal which allows to fix corners from web-hosted Jaku icons.

Please direct me to the incriminated icons with whitish corners so I can fix them Liam. Been browsing the repo to chase them down, and it is a tedious task. Renown contributors to the Jaku community have allowed defective corners icons to be uploaded to Jakurepo, and most of these icons date from a while back. This rant of yours posted just now doesn't hint at that tiny detail but instead makes us think they are recent infractions.

I also chased down a fair bit of dribbble icons processed into the Jaku template without the original artists' consent.
    I've reworked a number of icons which had obvious things done wrong. Like corner radius being left parallel to iOS' or margins left to the iOS' squared ratio and simply sandwiched into William's templates without prior adaptation.

But this is even more tedious a process.

Also contributors not always have kept access to their emails provided on Jakurepo or have entered fake ones or simply don't care anymore so having their permission to modify an icon of their's is not granted, leaving me (or other Jakurepo moderators) with the final decision to upload rectified versions to be uploaded or not, especially given the sentence about not being allowed to modify an artist's work without consent Bryan put on both versions of Jakurepo.com

Bevels often are wrong. PMing individual contributors in this regard just asks for too much work. I check if provided emails are iMessage-abled when I can't receive replies to mails. Plus MacThemes is down, without any info as to when it'll be up again or why it's down. Leaves us with a big proportion of original posts you can't access anymore. More icon contributors you can't easily contact anymore.

Time went by too, and many icon artists simply don't use Jaku no more. Not all of us consider Jaku to be the best theme around, nor the action of jailbreaking to be worthwile repeating over with new devices and firmwares, nor apple machines or iOS to be superior, and have sImply left the icommunity since the time they've been sharing their stuff for free.

Besides, submitted icons sometimes were made with EdiusHD's template, or with self built templates (like my own) which don't strictly abide to the Jaku standards. I also can't provide contributors whom you can't check for legit possession of Jaku with copyrighted material like that PDF guide of Will's you refer to either, and describing the intended sliced effect without that is hard.

Another thing is that icons are not always hosted the right way, and some links are now broken. This asks for repair, and it adds work trying to find workarounds to simply deleting them from the repo when you know they were works of art from golden contributors who've left the themeing scene.

All this to say that your rant should be aimed at the right icons/people, cause while I agree Jaku is a lady deserving royal treatment, there is no thing as a professional contract tying the Jaku contributor to the end user as far as quality goes. It still is the average Jakurepo user who selects and downloads icons he/she wants on his/her device. Like there's no way for Bryan to know if it'll be an android bot massively downloading the icons and repacking them into .apks for unconsented redistribution. Jakurepo has its limitations, and you just can't police all submissions.

William won't add any contributor icons (other than the Sparrow icon contest winners ^^ ) to the theme either. He certainly is being permissive enough with us using his branded name for such public icon repository as Bryan's site is, when you know people can just build their own 'Jaku' theme from Jakurepo icons of their choice. And we're speaking of his business here, more that sole prestige or pride. It's the end user who judges of the suitability of the icons which are being selected for a place of choice on the homescreen. Even if that means, in the worst of case, swapping all of the original art from Jaku Essentials for quirky copy/paste icons. We don't all pay as much attention to detail as you do in hat concern.

It's the middle of the night here, and my post's construction is how it comes out with my display dimmed to less than its factory preset mini and f.lux's least aggressive setting, and my French keyboard and autocorrect popping up inadvertently so please bare with me.
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 01-28-2013 at 12:47 AM.
    Free. For all devices.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

aransh (01-28-2013), chevymusclecar (01-28-2013), Iphone ie (01-28-2013), jadaki (01-28-2013), Lokheed (01-28-2013), macinmac (01-28-2013), Mr.Zombie (01-28-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Azjonnyg's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey everyone, decided to make my first icon request, can someone link me to the website that has app store icon art. Just so that I can do a proper request and not get reprimanded :-) thanks

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-27-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Asator's Avatar
    Thanks

I also need a site for Appstore icon art. iExtract - iTunes App Artwork Extractor doesn't find a lot of icons that I search for.
    Any suggestions?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Asator For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-28-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me aransh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Bryan put a very nifty lil tool at our disposal which allows to fix corners from web-hosted Jaku icons.

Please direct me to the incriminated icons with whitish corners so I can fix them Liam. Been browsing the repo to chase them down, and it is a tedious task. Renown contributors to the Jaku community have allowed defective corners icons to be uploaded to Jakurepo, and most of these icons date from a while back. This rant of yours posted just now doesn't hint at that tiny detail but instead makes us think they are recent infractions.

I also chased down a fair bit of dribbble icons processed into the Jaku template without the original artists' consent.
    I've reworked a number of icons which had obvious things done wrong. Like corner radius being left parallel to iOS' or margins left to the iOS' squared ratio and simply sandwiched into William's templates without prior adaptation.

But this is even more tedious a process.

Also contributors not always have kept access to their emails provided on Jakurepo or have entered fake ones or simply don't care anymore so having their permission to modify an icon of their's is not granted, leaving me (or other Jakurepo moderators) with the final decision to upload rectified versions to be uploaded or not, especially given the sentence about not being allowed to modify an artist's work without consent Bryan put on both versions of Jakurepo.com

Bevels often are wrong. PMing individual contributors in this regard just asks for too much work. I check if provided emails are iMessage-abled when I can't receive replies to mails. Plus MacThemes is down, without any info as to when it'll be up again or why it's down. Leaves us with a big proportion of original posts you can't access anymore. More icon contributors you can't easily contact anymore.

Time went by too, and many icon artists simply don't use Jaku no more. Not all of us consider Jaku to be the best theme around, nor the action of jailbreaking to be worthwile repeating over with new devices and firmwares, nor apple machines or iOS to be superior, and have sImply left the icommunity since the time they've been sharing their stuff for free.

Besides, submitted icons sometimes were made with EdiusHD's template, or with self built templates (like my own) which don't strictly abide to the Jaku standards. I also can't provide contributors whom you can't check for legit possession of Jaku with copyrighted material like that PDF guide of Will's you refer to either, and describing the intended sliced effect without that is hard.

Another thing is that icons are not always hosted the right way, and some links are now broken. This asks for repair, and it adds work trying to find workarounds to simply deleting them from the repo when you know they were works of art from golden contributors who've left the themeing scene.

All this to say that your rant should be aimed at the right icons/people, cause while I agree Jaku is a lady deserving royal treatment, there is no thing as a professional contract tying the Jaku contributor to the end user as far as quality goes. It still is the average Jakurepo user who selects and downloads icons he/she wants on his/her device. Like there's no way for Bryan to know if it'll be an android bot massively downloading the icons and repacking them into .apks for unconsented redistribution. Jakurepo has its limitations, and you just can't police all submissions.

William won't add any contributor icons (other than the Sparrow icon contest winners ^^ ) to the theme either. He certainly is being permissive enough with us using his branded name for such public icon repository as Bryan's site is, when you know people can just build their own 'Jaku' theme from Jakurepo icons of their choice. And we're speaking of his business here, more that sole prestige or pride. It's the end user who judges of the suitability of the icons which are being selected for a place of choice on the homescreen. Even if that means, in the worst of case, swapping all of the original art from Jaku Essentials for quirky copy/paste icons. We don't all pay as much attention to detail as you do in hat concern.

It's the middle of the night here, and my post's construction is how it comes out with my display dimmed to less than its factory preset mini and f.lux's least aggressive setting, and my French keyboard and autocorrect popping up inadvertently so please bare with me.
    Wow! I read all of that scroll and I must say, I knew you contribute a lot to the Jaku community, but I didn't knew you do so much! I don't think there's anyone (well, except William and Bryan) who helped the theme so much as you do! I salute you 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aransh For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (01-28-2013), jadaki (01-28-2013), Mr.Zombie (01-28-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 729 Posts

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Silverado1987 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-28-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me aransh's Avatar
    Thanks

I've got used to the native iOS icons so much that I don't know how I'll react when the jailbreak will be out, I guess il download Jaku and won't apply it until I'll set all my custom icons

36. The Following User Says Thank You to aransh For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-28-2013)

Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Time went by too, and many icon artists simply don't use Jaku no more..
    Should I come back after the untethered is released?

Turns out I had backups.... just sayin....

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-28-2013), DjeTouch (01-28-2013), Iphone ie (01-28-2013)