Page 86 of 1502 FirstFirst ... 36 768485868788 96 136 186 586 1086 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 30040

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

Yes and I appreciate that. I take it as a huge compliment actually as I do all the work people have done, from sharing their own icons and filling requests. But I see no reason to devote my efforts to one company that couldn't spend the time to resolve my issue. I wouldn't expect anyone here to continue making icons for someone who was ungrateful receiving them to begin with. This is not a strategic decision or a vindictive one (although I get a sense that's how some are taking it). This is simply one based on reciprocity. They didn't care about me, so I'm returning the same apathy.

And at the end of the day. It's one icon.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lokheed View Post
    Yes and I appreciate that. I take it as a huge compliment actually as I do all the work people have done, from sharing their own icons and filling requests. But I see no reason to devote my efforts to one company that couldn't spend the time to resolve my issue. I wouldn't expect anyone here to continue making icons for someone who was ungrateful receiving them to begin with. This is not a strategic decision or a vindictive one (although I get a sense that's how some are taking it). This is simply one based on reciprocity. They didn't care about me, so I'm returning the same apathy.

And at the end of the day. It's one icon.
    I totally agree with you ; Because i would have the same mind set as you and i bet other people would to and reason why people would see it like that because they wouldn't understand what you went through and how you feel. But like you said it only one icon. But question would it be a problem if me or the others make icon for sparrow ?

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertoJColon01 View Post
    I totally agree with you ; Because i would have the same mind set as you and i bet other people would to and reason why people would see it like that because they wouldn't understand what you went through and how you feel. But like you said it only one icon. But question would it be a problem if me or the others make icon for sparrow ?
    Of course not! I hope people aren't thinking I'm banning all things Sparrow. As I said, I have no ill will towards them. Sparrow looks fabulous and honestly, if it had push, I'd be tempted to purchase it myself. I'm just not interested in doing an icon. But I'd hope members of the community would pick up the ball and run with it.

I hope people don't hate on Sparrow because of my own experience. I recognize I'm a small minority of extremists when it comes to customer service.

Just want to be clear on that. I don't hate Sparrow. Nor endorse others to do the same. The beliefs are my own and I don't wish anyone else to adopt them.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Of course not! I hope people aren't thinking I'm banning all things Sparrow. As I said, I have no ill will towards them. Sparrow looks fabulous and honestly, if it had push, I'd be tempted to purchase it myself. I'm just not interested in doing an icon. But I'd hope members of the community would pick up the ball and run with it.

I hope people don't hate on Sparrow because of my own experience. I recognize I'm a small minority of extremists when it comes to customer service.

Just want to be clear on that. I don't hate Sparrow. Nor endorse others to do the same. The beliefs are my own and I don't wish anyone else to adopt them.
    Oh okay because i was meaning to ask if we can because i was going to and yes i love the ui interface and everything the only thing is the push and some small bugs as it was stated on iDownloadblog . But what you just said people should understand now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DudiLankri For This Useful Post:

indyzzzz (03-15-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Temp sparrow icons. c/p get over it.

-sparrow-temp.png

So what do you guys think about holding a mini contest: best Sparrow community icon (as selected by the community) gets its place in the official Jaku theme?

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lokheed For This Useful Post:

bjbinc (03-15-2012), harget (03-15-2012), iGeriya (03-15-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

So what do you guys think about holding a mini contest: best Sparrow community icon (as selected by the community) gets its place in the official Jaku theme?
    Good Idea

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Good idea, but wouldn't it give this company/app whatever, even more publicity....

I have no problem with that. Like I said, I don't wish them any harm. They built a great app and aside from the differences I've had with the company, believe they should get rewarded for that. I think it would be a nice gesture too. An olive branch if you will.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lokheed For This Useful Post:

KraXik (03-15-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Could someone show me how to make these awesome icons? Cuz i bearly know hiw touse the template. If someone could show me that would be awesome
    Thx
    ~josh

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bjbinc For This Useful Post:

harget (03-15-2012), indyzzzz (03-15-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me iGeriya's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,258 Times in 432 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MaybachMusic View Post
    I believe he said he doesnt like mods of his icons, if anything you have to keep them to yourself and only for yourself.

If i were you i'd keep them for personal use only.
    This is what I stated in my first post, I can't understad why there's this blueish Safari icon that is william's own creation on the Jaku Community Repo. So I believed for a few seconds that this icon was "free" to any mods. Anyway, I remained sceptic and that's why I added ugly watermarks, to discourage anyone to add them on their springboard So yeah, i'm gonna keep theses icons for myself then ...

On Sparrow: Would you guys prefer I sell out my beliefs and do an icon? I believe everyone is entitled to world-class customer service. I receive it whenever I deal with Apple. I stopped buying Sony products because I got treat the exact opposite. Those are my beliefs. And at the end of the day, if you aren't driven by your beliefs, then you are nothing. And have nothing.

My decision to overlook Sparrow was not my own. I didn't go out of my way to hurt them. They chose not to behave with honor, so I choose not to aid their product or company. If that makes me a selfish, petulant crybaby so be it. As I said, I believe in better treatment than they have given me.

It's sad that some of you are so quick to turn against me. But I suppose it's always easy to criticize and judge others than show them empathy or gloss over their faults and focus on their strong points.

Community support is very important to me but I won't sell my soul for it. And I've taken the time to explain my position every step of the way. From why I don't include alts to why I've made the design choices I've made. I can understand some that don't agree with it, but this is art; someone will always have a divergent opinion. I'm sure people would change David if given the chance.
    I don't think we turned against you (I think you were pointing at me and someone else weren't you ?), because we all love, I mean, absolutly love your work and it's a part of yor being. As you state you have beliefs, and so do I. For what i've experienced in life to these days, I learnt a whole load of thing about respect and self respect. Unfortunatly at first you seemed to be overactive for my taste and this is some kind of things that i came to hate in this kind of context, whoever it is, it does not matter for me. At last, we all take a **** the same way ! But it did not low my respect for you, as far as I know I kept stating after that how wondrous your talent is.
    You know Salvador Dali right, he was one pretentious mothafakah ! He's my favourite artist but damn I hate this !

Glad to learn about this contest you stated a few posts above, it sounds exciting. Even if I think I know who will make the greatest Sparrow icon, I still wanna challenge that and try my best
    Last edited by iGeriya; 03-15-2012 at 04:01 PM.

This theme would count as a top theme if there was no drama lol

20. The Following User Says Thank You to AlbertoJColon01 For This Useful Post:

iGeriya (03-15-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGeriya View Post
    My favourite icon of yours
    Thanks bro ; I would like to see what you going to do

Quote Originally Posted by iGeriya View Post
    This is what I stated in my first post, I can't understad why there's this blueish Safari icon that is william's own creation on the Jaku Community Repo. So I believed for a few seconds that this icon was "free" to any mods. Anyway, I remained sceptic and that's why I added ugly watermarks, to discourage anyone to add them on their springboard So yeah, i'm gonna keep theses icons for myself then ...

I don't think we turned against you (I think you were pointing at me and someone else weren't you ?), because we all love, I mean, absolutly love your work and it's a part of yor being. As you state you have beliefs, and so do I. For what i've experienced in life to these days, I learnt a whole load of thing about respect and self respect. Unfortunatly at first you seemed to be overactive for my taste and this is some kind of things that i came to hate in this kind of context, whoever it is, it does not matter for me. At last, we all take a **** the same way ! But it did not low my respect for you, as far as I know I kept stating after that how wondrous your talent is.
    You know Salvador Dali right, he was one pretentious mothafakah ! He's my favourite artist but damn I hate this !

Glad to learn about this contest you stated a few posts above, it sounds exciting. Even if I think I know who will make the greatest Sparrow icon, I still wanna challenge that and try my best
    I appreciate that. And no, I actually wasn't referencing you

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlbertoJColon01 For This Useful Post:

indyzzzz (03-17-2012), nealh (03-15-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by harget View Post
    Damn god it looks absolutely perfect, but it looks STILL too big... :/ (Cydia => 118x120)

When I said "alternative" I meant that are not on the Jaku Community Icons or not in the stock Bundles, I already have those but I am not happy with

Thanks you for doing it for me
    But may I asked you another one with this pic ? And if possible I'd like a same color bevel. Because the one you did looks a bit pixelated :s
    Attachment 573211 (sorry but I did not find a clear icon without this apple highlight)
    How is this?-cr-dit-agricoleicon-2x1.png-cr-dit-agricoleicon-2x2.png

27. The Following User Says Thank You to nealh For This Useful Post:

harget (03-15-2012)

Page 86 of 1502 FirstFirst ... 36 768485868788 96 136 186 586 1086 ... LastLast