+ Reply
Page 85 of 1495 FirstFirst ... 35 758384858687 95 135 185 585 1085 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 29888

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
I love the theme don't get me wrong but quite a few of these icons are just rehashed Edius versions. Lok has all these mini tantrums if things don't go
    Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,056 Times in 1,696 Posts

I love the theme don't get me wrong but quite a few of these icons are just rehashed Edius versions. Lok has all these mini tantrums if things don't go his way. Follow him on twitter for a chuckle or two. The work he does is brilliant but I'm not a fan of creators who can't take criticism or suggestions.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    I've decided you're a **** and you're not getting away with this.

Firstly, I spend hours toying with and retooling images to drop into the template. They're far from straight copy/paste jobs as you have insinuated. That camera icon had 11 layers, all retooled by my hand, and that makes it mine even if all you think I'm doing it toying with the template.

You're quite the *****, and I hope you find pain.
    You hope I find pain? Grow up little boy.

Your camera icons were LARGELY cut and paste jobs. Don't give me that sh*t about how you spent hours retooling images to "drop into the template." You took other people's icons, ones they worked hard on, and used a clipping mask on Lok's template. If that really took you hours, maybe it's time to quit the ol' photoshoppin' eh?

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    I love the theme don't get me wrong but quite a few of these icons are just rehashed Edius versions.
    Because they are good metaphors, I don't see the problem in reusing the art/concepts. Just my personal take.

I agree that Lok doesn't seem to take too well to criticism, but how would anyone else fare? You spend a ton of time on this stuff, sell it for a paltry $3, and what you get back is five compliments and seventy-five complaints about how certain things should be changed. That would annoy me to no end.
    Last edited by Nimesque; 03-15-2012 at 05:18 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iGeriya's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,258 Times in 432 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nimesque View Post
    I have been. Most of mine have taken 3-4 hours of work each.

I think it's one thing to cut and paste some commercial logo just to fulfill a quick request. It's another to take an icon that someone worked hard on, create a clipping mask and say you've been "toying" with it.

Don't take personal offense, I'm just calling it like I see it.
    3 to 4 hours each ? awesome ! So I hope you won't criticize my job then since it took me days creating my icons ! Just like the Opera icon or the transparent iblank ! Drawing AptBackup's door handle and painting it with my messed up touchpad's buttons took me 3 hours.

@Maybachmusic. You actually just taught me about Sparrow. But I don't understand why would Lokheed side against this app ... ?

@LUFT5_THOR
    The work he does is brilliant but I'm not a fan of creators who can't take criticism or suggestions.
    I secretly agree with you. It was quite disappointing to see him over reacting about some stuff. Being that talented is something. Being able to take objective and personnal feedbacks about your work is wisdom and modesty. I think sometimes he lacks a bit of modesty. Even if he's going to hate me for saying that, I just read his post on MacTheme about Sparrow. I couldn't believe how offended he looked ... for so less ... I mean ... come on. You may speak to Steve Job once, it doesn't mean you're gonna be first-class-treated all your life.
    Last edited by iGeriya; 03-15-2012 at 08:09 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by harget View Post
    Damn god it looks absolutely perfect, but it looks STILL too big... :/ (Cydia => 118x120)

When I said "alternative" I meant that are not on the Jaku Community Icons or not in the stock Bundles, I already have those but I am not happy with

Thanks you for doing it for me
    But may I asked you another one with this pic ? And if possible I'd like a same color bevel. Because the one you did looks a bit pixelated :s
    Attachment 573211 (sorry but I did not find a clear icon without this apple highlight)

sorry was very tired so i must had read wrong ; pm on how you would want it .

Thanks

Here is what I am using for iPhoto atm.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Jaku League of Evil V2
    Jaku for iOS 5-jaku-league-evil-01.png

League of Evil
    com.ravenousgames.leagueofevil
    Icon.png
    Last edited by AlbertoJColon01; 03-15-2012 at 07:09 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic Harlot View Post
    Here is what I am using for iPhoto atm.

Not bad, but darken the bevel a bit more

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGeriya View Post
    3 to 4 hours each ? awesome ! So I hope you won't criticize my job then since it took me days creating my icons ! Just like the Opera icon or the transparent iblank ! Drawing AptBackup's door handle and painting it with my messed up touchpad's buttons took me 3 hours.
    Well I downloaded Opera JUST to use your icon (and I've never actually opened the app). So that's gotta say something.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nimesque For This Useful Post:

iGeriya (03-15-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nimesque View Post
    Well I downloaded Opera JUST to use your icon (and I've never actually opened the app). So that's gotta say something.
    ahaha, thanks then ! I know that feeling too, downloading an app for its icon but never opening it hahaha ! Actually i downloaded Opera a few years ago, then stopped using it but downloaded it again when i had a new iPhone. Still never used it but I thought about making an icon for it as I always liked the big red O in the very center of my dock (5 icons on the dock Opera is in the middle) xD ! it's stylish :P, I also downloaded SimpleNote just to display Rayfe's remake icon

And so many other icons dl just to display Lokheed's beautiful work

BTW, i wanted to ask. I seen the light blue safari icon on the Jaku COmmunity Repository which is lokheed's work with only a differnet color. I thought Lok does not allow that. His icon, his rules. I absolutely don't want to act like a nazi and asking to remove it, but I had also done some color modifications upon this Safari icon and i'm asking permission to post them ...
    Last edited by iGeriya; 03-15-2012 at 09:46 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlbertoJColon01 For This Useful Post:

Groinchurn (03-16-2012), nealh (03-15-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone harget's Avatar
    Thanks

Default White iPhone 4S icon - screen off (sized for default app)
    I made a white iPhone 4S icon without that Apple wallpaper, the screen is black/off.
    It is sized for default app (118x120), if anyone wants it in app store size please let me know ! (Thanks to iGeriya who learnt me how to resize an icon)
    All credits goes to William, I just took the black screen of the black iPhone

EDIT : This one looks better

Jaku for iOS 5-icon-2x-iphone-white_alt2.png
    Last edited by harget; 03-15-2012 at 12:22 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to harget For This Useful Post:

nealh (03-15-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Jaku 3GUnrestrictor V2
    harget What you think ?

Jaku for iOS 5-jaku-3g-wifi.png

Unrestrictor (Cydia)
    dev.3gunrestrictor.configapp
    icon.png

16. The Following User Says Thank You to AlbertoJColon01 For This Useful Post:

harget (03-15-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

could someone make a "call of duty zombies" icon?
    Jaku for iOS 5-7aba7bfa20029503872e6c93b039684e.jpg
    com.activision.callofduty
    Icon.png
    thanks in advance

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertoJColon01 View Post
    harget What you think ?

Attachment 573312

Unrestrictor (Cydia)
    dev.3gunrestrictor.configapp
    icon.png
    Yeah it's cool, thank you !

19. The Following User Says Thank You to harget For This Useful Post:

AlbertoJColon01 (03-15-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by harget View Post
    I made a white iPhone 4S icon without that Apple wallpaper, the screen is black/off.
    It is sized for default app (118x120), if anyone wants it in app store size please let me know ! (Thanks to iGeriya who learnt me how to resize an icon)
    All credits goes to William, I just took the black screen of the black iPhone

EDIT : This one looks better

Attachment 573326
    Haha, thx a lot Harget but I don't really deserve credits for that ! Anyway I'm glad I could have helped you !
    ________

Anyone can answer me ? Do we have the rights to modify William's Safari's Icon ? Here are a few previews :

Jaku for iOS 5-previewred.png Jaku for iOS 5-preview4.png Jaku for iOS 5-preview.png Jaku for iOS 5-previewblue.png

21. The Following User Says Thank You to iGeriya For This Useful Post:

harget (03-15-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGeriya View Post
    Haha, thx a lot Harget but I don't really deserve credits for that ! Anyway I'm glad I could have helped you !
    ________

Anyone can answer me ? Do we have the rights to modify William's Safari's Icon ? Here are a few previews :

Attachment 573335 Attachment 573336 Attachment 573337 Attachment 573339
    I believe he said he doesnt like mods of his icons, if anything you have to keep them to yourself and only for yourself.

If i were you i'd keep them for personal use only.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MaybachMusic For This Useful Post:

bjbinc (03-15-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bjbinc View Post
    Zombieville 2
    Love the second one ! Thanks
    Last edited by harget; 03-15-2012 at 02:26 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to harget For This Useful Post:

bjbinc (03-15-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 233 Posts

On Sparrow: Would you guys prefer I sell out my beliefs and do an icon? I believe everyone is entitled to world-class customer service. I receive it whenever I deal with Apple. I stopped buying Sony products because I got treat the exact opposite. Those are my beliefs. And at the end of the day, if you aren't driven by your beliefs, then you are nothing. And have nothing.

My decision to overlook Sparrow was not my own. I didn't go out of my way to hurt them. They chose not to behave with honor, so I choose not to aid their product or company. If that makes me a selfish, petulant crybaby so be it. As I said, I believe in better treatment than they have given me.

It's sad that some of you are so quick to turn against me. But I suppose it's always easy to criticize and judge others than show them empathy or gloss over their faults and focus on their strong points.

Community support is very important to me but I won't sell my soul for it. And I've taken the time to explain my position every step of the way. From why I don't include alts to why I've made the design choices I've made. I can understand some that don't agree with it, but this is art; someone will always have a divergent opinion. I'm sure people would change David if given the chance.
    Last edited by Lokheed; 03-15-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lokheed View Post
    On Sparrow: Would you guys prefer I sell out my beliefs and do an icon? I believe everyone is entitled to world-class customer service. I receive it whenever I deal with Apple. I stopped buying Sony products because I g
    Well i believe everyone has there own opinion ; Yes we know you had a conflict with them a while back making you angry for the way they handle things. You need to think that everyone here who helping to make this theme better than what it already was would like for you to make a sparrow icon because we all can agree we love the way you design your icons. But in the end its up to you if you want to or not

Thanks

my mooniz icon:

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DudiLankri For This Useful Post:

KraXik (03-15-2012), nealh (03-15-2012)