Page 815 of 1517 FirstFirst ... 315 715 765 805813814815816817 825 865 915 1315 ... LastLast
Results 16,281 to 16,300 of 30324

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 798 Posts

Let me try to be as clear as I possibly can as it is obvious that there is way too much mystique surrounding my departure.

Actually first, let me say thanks. Those were some mighty nice things you had to say about me, I appreciate that.

Okay, the reason I left wasn't due to any one person in particular. Sure, you and I ended up beefing over something, and the fact that I can't even remember why should tell you how important it was, but that wasn't what caused me to depart.

In short... I had put about 150 hours into the creation of my own theme. I had used everything I learned from working on Jaku to lay the foundation but it became obvious that I wanted to go deeper; change other elements and create something that would have complimented Jaku or stood on its own.
    The problem was, my work began to look much like Jaku, so I started toying with other themes so I could expose myself to these other elements. I wanted to learn from people other than Wil, and I didn't think that was such a big deal until I did.
    I remember specifically being called out for even posting in this group because I wasn't using Jaku at the time. I don't mean the screenshots or other icon concepts I was working on, I actually got crap for simply using another theme.
    So I stopped talking about my work all together. I made Jaku icons that I enjoyed and filled requests when time allowed, but all the while I was working on my own contribution to the theme community, and frankly, it was beautiful....
    One afternoon I was chattering with someone and the topic of other themes came up. Suddenly the circle jerking began and things like "Any other theme is a waste of a download" blah blah blah.

Honestly? I decided if 150 hours of my life spent creating something for people who thought it was nothing but a waste of a download..... yeah, I couldn't see myself sticking around.
    I realized I wouldn't be taken seriously if I wasn't working ON Jaku elements because I already had been ostracized for daring to use boss.ios or Ayecon or ZUI and now I was going to make something to use INSTEAD of Jaku?

I actually had hate mail for days.

Sorry if you thought it was because of you; it wasn't. It was because the community and theme I had dedicated a year of my life to, not to mention my own money on, had decided I was a traitor and they turned their back on me. So I left and never looked back.
    I became quite prolific and actually well known among the other groups. It was nice.

Then a nameless few popped in, told everyone that "Jaku is so much better than this theme." blah blah blah.... So I stepped up and told them to take their arrogance back here.

More hate mail.

That was the last time I was on this site until yesterday when someone PMd me on Twitter to tell me I had been mentioned and they thought I should check it out.

I don't know that this is some grand re-entry. I'm still pretty pissed by the way I was treated because there was just zero reason for anyone to be like that.

And again, I've always been on Twitter. You could always check there from time to time if you're really wondering what I'm up to.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-29-2012), Anonymous (11-29-2012), chevymusclecar (11-29-2012), Iphone ie (11-30-2012), lion19 (11-30-2012)

I dreaded reading about you having trashed those 150+ hours of custom building your own theme, bit you haven't. Glad. Hope you release it some day.
    I in fact thought for a while that someone on twitter (one I followed for a while) was in fact you. It started up when he mentioned he was using a different username as a means for him to be treated as someone new to the themeing scene, at least until the release of his (very promising) theme.

Read you around
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Chaotic Buddhist (11-30-2012)

Thanks

That wasn't me... I have no need for alter-egos, especially where my work is involved. I'd rather someone actually know it was me.

My theme is officially sh*tcanned. I honestly did lose my desire to continue working on it.

Now I'm deep in the belly at Windows Phone so my iOS graphics work has been zero for awhile as well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-29-2012)

Hey CB! How's the Windows Phone?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymous For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-29-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Hey CB! How's the Windows Phone?
    Since you asked.

It's actually pretty sick. I went with the Lumia 920 for a couple of reasons; the size being one of the biggest draws. My iPhone 4 was acting up, the iPhone 5 was too damned small and light for me. I remember holding it and thinking it felt like a toy. I didn't like that.

The Lumia is unibody polycarbonate so it's tough as hell. The screen is ridiculously large and frankly, the pixel density (to my old-*** eyes) is better than the iPhone. This is, no doubt, due to the fact that the screen is large enough that I don't get a headache reading anymore, but there it is.

Most all of the apps I used are available, save for a small few. In a few of those cases I'm told there is a Windows Phone version slated for next year, so I'll be patient.

Live Tiles are cooler than I would have thought. Honestly, I thought being Autistic that the influx of information would cause me to overload, but they really don't. In fact, after a couple of days I started to wish that Apple had implemented this first.

I miss the unified mailbox, but at the same time I don't really seem to be unable to get by without it.

The keyboard beats the iPhone hands down. Keep in mind I've been an iPhone user since my 3GS back in 2007/2008 so I've had enough time to know what Apple offered. My typing speed has improved greatly due in part to that, but also due to the way it handles predictive text. It offers a list of words that I select TO choose, not select to NOT choose like iOS does..

The audio quality through headphones is about the same, although the equalizer function can make it sound sweeter than my iPhone 4 ever did. Through the external speakers, this thing stomps my iPhone. It's louder and crisper.
    However, the ability to manage music, Apple has us beat by a mile and a-half.

There is some serious work to be done if this thing is ever going to be able to compete with iOS where music is concerned.

I loved my iPhone and I'm picking up an iPad Mini with a data plan soon to take the place of my iPhone for mail and games.
    Gaming on it is absolutely awesome, but there are some iOS only games that I am already missing, so I'll never be leaving iOS.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-29-2012), Anonymous (11-29-2012)

Ok, here is the dial pad for the iOS 6.0.1.
    I used the same images/.pngs as the creator used, so hope that everything is ok.
    Let me know if everything is wrong..even when I tested it from any angle, but you never know.
    Enjoy.

Almost forgot... Put it in : Jaku UI/Bundles~
    Last edited by macinmac; 11-29-2012 at 06:29 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to macinmac For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-29-2012)

it comes for a spilt second then disappears

14. The Following User Says Thank You to aleandroid For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-29-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    Since you asked.

It's actually pretty sick. I went with the Lumia 920 for a couple of reasons; the size being one of the biggest draws. My iPhone 4 was acting up, the iPhone 5 was too damned small and light for me. I remember holding it and thinking it felt like a toy. I didn't like that.

The Lumia is unibody polycarbonate so it's tough as hell. The screen is ridiculously large and frankly, the pixel density (to my old-*** eyes) is better than the iPhone. This is, no doubt, due to the fact that the screen is large enough that I don't get a headache reading anymore, but there it is.

Most all of the apps I used are available, save for a small few. In a few of those cases I'm told there is a Windows Phone version slated for next year, so I'll be patient.

Live Tiles are cooler than I would have thought. Honestly, I thought being Autistic that the influx of information would cause me to overload, but they really don't. In fact, after a couple of days I started to wish that Apple had implemented this first.

I miss the unified mailbox, but at the same time I don't really seem to be unable to get by without it.

The keyboard beats the iPhone hands down. Keep in mind I've been an iPhone user since my 3GS back in 2007/2008 so I've had enough time to know what Apple offered. My typing speed has improved greatly due in part to that, but also due to the way it handles predictive text. It offers a list of words that I select TO choose, not select to NOT choose like iOS does..

The audio quality through headphones is about the same, although the equalizer function can make it sound sweeter than my iPhone 4 ever did. Through the external speakers, this thing stomps my iPhone. It's louder and crisper.
    However, the ability to manage music, Apple has us beat by a mile and a-half.

There is some serious work to be done if this thing is ever going to be able to compete with iOS where music is concerned.

I loved my iPhone and I'm picking up an iPad Mini with a data plan soon to take the place of my iPhone for mail and games.
    Gaming on it is absolutely awesome, but there are some iOS only games that I am already missing, so I'll never be leaving iOS.
    If (and maybe when) I move on to another mobile OS, I'll definitely be going to WP. I like the tiles. The entire OS looks so slick, sort of like a futuristic spaceship operating system. MS did a good job in the appearance department.

Glad to hear all is well.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anonymous For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-29-2012), Chaotic Buddhist (11-30-2012)

this what ive got so far

i would love some simple instructions on how to change my icons

18. The Following User Says Thank You to aleandroid For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-29-2012)

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

macinmac (11-29-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    Let me try to be as clear as I possibly can as it is obvious that there is way too much mystique surrounding my departure.

Actually first, let me say thanks. Those were some mighty nice things you had to say about me, I appreciate that.

Okay, the reason I left wasn't due to any one person in particular. Sure, you and I ended up beefing over something, and the fact that I can't even remember why should tell you how important it was, but that wasn't what caused me to depart.

In short... I had put about 150 hours into the creation of my own theme. I had used everything I learned from working on Jaku to lay the foundation but it became obvious that I wanted to go deeper; change other elements and create something that would have complimented Jaku or stood on its own.
    The problem was, my work began to look much like Jaku, so I started toying with other themes so I could expose myself to these other elements. I wanted to learn from people other than Wil, and I didn't think that was such a big deal until I did.
    I remember specifically being called out for even posting in this group because I wasn't using Jaku at the time. I don't mean the screenshots or other icon concepts I was working on, I actually got crap for simply using another theme.
    So I stopped talking about my work all together. I made Jaku icons that I enjoyed and filled requests when time allowed, but all the while I was working on my own contribution to the theme community, and frankly, it was beautiful....
    One afternoon I was chattering with someone and the topic of other themes came up. Suddenly the circle jerking began and things like "Any other theme is a waste of a download" blah blah blah.

Honestly? I decided if 150 hours of my life spent creating something for people who thought it was nothing but a waste of a download..... yeah, I couldn't see myself sticking around.
    I realized I wouldn't be taken seriously if I wasn't working ON Jaku elements because I already had been ostracized for daring to use boss.ios or Ayecon or ZUI and now I was going to make something to use INSTEAD of Jaku?

I actually had hate mail for days.

Sorry if you thought it was because of you; it wasn't. It was because the community and theme I had dedicated a year of my life to, not to mention my own money on, had decided I was a traitor and they turned their back on me. So I left and never looked back.
    I became quite prolific and actually well known among the other groups. It was nice.

Then a nameless few popped in, told everyone that "Jaku is so much better than this theme." blah blah blah.... So I stepped up and told them to take their arrogance back here.

More hate mail.

That was the last time I was on this site until yesterday when someone PMd me on Twitter to tell me I had been mentioned and they thought I should check it out.

I don't know that this is some grand re-entry. I'm still pretty pissed by the way I was treated because there was just zero reason for anyone to be like that.

And again, I've always been on Twitter. You could always check there from time to time if you're really wondering what I'm up to.
    What's up CB!!!! It was me asking for you. I've been out for a while and was wondering where was friend. I also notice that some of the original folks are not around either.
    I don't have a twitter acct cuz I don't think I'm that important to follow LOL

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 143voltron For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-29-2012), Chaotic Buddhist (12-06-2012)

Thanks

[QUOTE=Alfroggy;6719131]
    Quote Originally Posted by od_high View Post

Well, post your request.
    If it's p0rn, -> PM MATE !

@aleandroid :
    The dial pad is meant to be themed, that's an iOS 6 issue macinmac has already reported Lokheed. Stuff has changed in the firmware upgrade.

Jaku is about subtle changes, and doesn't skin the calculator. By design
    It's an add-on we can build ourselves though. Good idea.
    And yeah, you can contact me whenever you need. I'm more than happy to help (or try to help )
    Lol i just want like a black icon with the , picture of jigsaw from the saw movie something sick lol about it bro .

24. The Following User Says Thank You to od_high For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-30-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone jadaki's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by od_high View Post

Lol i just want like a black icon with the , picture of jigsaw from the saw movie something sick lol about it bro .
    Maybe you like this one:

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jadaki For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-30-2012), darkenmyday (11-30-2012), Darrenrooster (12-05-2012), Iphone ie (11-30-2012), macinmac (11-30-2012), od_high (11-30-2012)

It's very nice indeed jadaki ! 👌

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

jadaki (11-30-2012), macinmac (11-30-2012)

Holy **** this thread is still going! What have i missed?!
    Glad to see the original people are still here!

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ElderRoco For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-30-2012), macinmac (11-30-2012)

Saw the introducing "What have I missed ?" in the subscribed topics page and I was about to say : "WHO have you missed !"
    Quote Originally Posted by ElderRoco View Post
    Glad to see the original people are still here!
    Not all of them :-/
    But it's just a temporary absence I'm sure. Until failbreak turns jailbreak

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

macinmac (11-30-2012)

The thread is still in shape..at list I am in shape!

These might go nice with Jaku..

Credits to original Creators.
    Last edited by macinmac; 11-30-2012 at 05:58 AM.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to macinmac For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-30-2012), darkenmyday (11-30-2012), DjeTouch (11-30-2012), Iphone ie (11-30-2012)

Fantastical (This is the app name JakuRepo)

ID: com.flexibits.fantastical.iphone
    Icon: [email protected]

-fantastical_icon-2x.png
    Last edited by interstink; 12-01-2012 at 06:13 AM.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to interstink For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-30-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me darkenmyday's Avatar
    Thanks

I would just like to pipe in and say, Chaotic Buddhist, that I myself love the contributions you've made to this theme. Many of my icons from this theme i have on my iP4 were made by you, and it inspired me to try and make icons of my own. So thank you, and I also would love to someday see that theme of yours you spend so long making.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darkenmyday For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-30-2012), Chaotic Buddhist (12-06-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Saw the introducing "What have I missed ?" in the subscribed topics page and I was about to say : "WHO have you missed !"

Not all of them :-/
    But it's just a temporary absence I'm sure. Until failbreak turns jailbreak
    Yeah, I've been waiting for a jailbreak, hopefully it will be released soon.
    Well, since i was last here i bought myself a lovely iPad 3! Its so amazing, can't wait for a jailbreak so i can put Jaku on it!
    You never tweet me anymore dude, we should talk soon.
    Nice to meet all you new people here!

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ElderRoco For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-30-2012), chevymusclecar (11-30-2012)

Page 815 of 1517 FirstFirst ... 315 715 765 805813814815816817 825 865 915 1315 ... LastLast