+ Reply
Page 785 of 1495 FirstFirst ... 285 685 735 775783784785786787 795 835 885 1285 ... LastLast
Results 15,681 to 15,700 of 29890

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Alfroggy In the theme you're editing, create a 'Folder' folder, in there put a new folder named exactly as your WebClip. You'll find the obscure name Anonymous
...
  1. #15681
    iPhoneaholic sker@'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    383
    Thanks
    646
    Thanked 381 Times in 221 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    In the theme you're editing, create a 'Folder' folder, in there put a new folder named exactly as your WebClip. You'll find the obscure name Anonymous was referring to in the dark place Bryan directed you to. Keep the .webclip extension to the series of digits. In the folder of your webclip add its 114x114px icon named 'icon.png'.

    A Google search about how to theme web clips with WinterBoard should link themers here now as not much can be found on the web about the updated procedure (Saurik gave easy instructions which don't work no more, for some obscure reason as SummerBoard mode still is supported.
    Thanx to all ..!!!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to sker@ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (10-18-2012)

  3. #15682
    Etch A Alfroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,154
    Thanks
    30,183
    Thanked 8,465 Times in 3,563 Posts


    Comrades, let us backup our themes* and upgrade to latest Jaku.

    *rename the existing Jaku folders in /var/stash/Themes.xxxxx/
    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

    alon799 (11-01-2012), indyzzzz (10-18-2012), jadaki (10-18-2012), radioBirdman (10-19-2012)

  5. #15683
    My iPhone is a Part of Me aransh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    894
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 582 Times in 356 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post

    Comrades, let us backup our themes* and upgrade to latest Jaku.

    *rename the existing Jaku folders in /var/stash/Themes.xxxxx/
    Is this the major update?!?! Or a little one until iOS 6 jailbreak comes?

  6. #15684
    Etch A Alfroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,154
    Thanks
    30,183
    Thanked 8,465 Times in 3,563 Posts

    Must be the major one. UI is broadened to BiteSMS and more, there are added icons.
    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"

  7. #15685
    My iPhone is a Part of Me aransh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    894
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 582 Times in 356 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Must be the major one. UI is broadened to BiteSMS and more, there are added icons.
    Please please upload pictures of what's new!! I must see it!!

  8. #15686
    Green Apple WickedNite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 27 Times in 15 Posts

    Hey guys! I need some help and I hope someone can help me with this one. I tried to replace some of my icons on my modified Jaku Theme with the one that I found on the Jaku Repo but unfortunately, it gives me a shadow around the edges which I don't like. If look at the picture, Amazon, eBay and Foursquare has that shadowy background. Even the new YouTube app. I wonder if there's anyway to fix this? It annoys me a bit. Thanks!


  9. #15687
    Etch A Alfroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,154
    Thanks
    30,183
    Thanked 8,465 Times in 3,563 Posts

    Oh my bad aransh. Forgot you were on i5... Herr, the new icons are the ones William had dribbled a while back : the soldiers' thing and the Podcasts app. Google chrome has a nice brushed metal declination of the Safari icon. In Bite it's the sexy Jaku blue popup which is extended.

    Quote Originally Posted by WickedNite View Post
    Hey guys! I need some help and I hope someone can help me with this one. I tried to replace some of my icons on my modified Jaku Theme with the one that I found on the Jaku Repo but unfortunately, it gives me a shadow around the edges which I don't like. If look at the picture, Amazon, eBay and Foursquare has that shadowy background. Even the new YouTube app. I wonder if there's anyway to fix this? It annoys me a bit. Thanks!

    That's due to using the bigger-sized icons instead of the 114x114 pixels ones to theme applications installed through the AppStore (and through **********), and web-clips icons. Reserve the 118x120px versions for the apps the iThing got shipped with and Cydia apps.
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 10-18-2012 at 01:57 PM.
    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

    radioBirdman (10-19-2012), WickedNite (10-18-2012)

  11. #15688
    My iPhone is a Part of Me aransh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    894
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 582 Times in 356 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Oh my bad aransh. Forgot you were on i5... Herr, the new icons are the ones William had dribbled a while back : the soldiers' thing and the Podcasts app. Google chrome has a nice brushed metal declination of the Safari icon. In Bite it's the sexy Jaku blue popup which is extended.



    That's due to using the bigger-sized icons instead of the 114x114 pixels ones to theme applications installed through the AppStore (and through **********), and web-clips icons. Reserve the 118x120px versions for the apps the iThing got shipped with and Cydia apps.
    Oh, it's the ones he already shared, I was kind of hoping he has more that we haven't seen yet

  12. #15689
    Etch A Alfroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,154
    Thanks
    30,183
    Thanked 8,465 Times in 3,563 Posts

    There's some more. But Jaku being about subtlety regarding UI changes, it's not obvious.
    There's the Plague icon (one I cherish) too. The Phone app and Telephony is more thoroughly themed I reckon.
    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"

  13. #15690
    Green Apple WickedNite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 27 Times in 15 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    That's due to using the bigger-sized icons instead of the 114x114 pixels ones to theme applications installed through the AppStore (and through **********), and web-clips icons. Reserve the 118x120px versions for the apps the iThing got shipped with and Cydia apps.
    Thanks! That solved the problem. One more question, what is the folder name for Twitter? I can't seem to find it.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to WickedNite For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (10-18-2012)

  15. #15691

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

    WickedNite (10-18-2012)

  17. #15692
    Theme Creator Lokheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    335
    Thanks
    180
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 233 Posts

    Here's a factoid about the Google Chrome icon:

    As developers know, Chrome (and all 3rd party browsers in the App Store) uses the same Safari backend (UIWebViews) that every app featuring browser support uses. iOS 5 introduced Nitro to Safari, but never brought those improvements to the class (I don't think iOS 6 has either, but I may be wrong). So basically, Chrome isn't really anything more than a different UI slapped over the same, slower "browser," that every app uses (like Tweetbot for example). Hence why the icon is just an "alternate" style to the default Safari icon. Just a bit of rib poking Google. All in good fun of course.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lokheed For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (10-18-2012), radioBirdman (10-19-2012)

  19. #15693
    My iPhone is a Part of Me aransh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    894
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 582 Times in 356 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Oh my bad aransh. Forgot you were on i5... Herr, the new icons are the ones William had dribbled a while back : the soldiers' thing and the Podcasts app. Google chrome has a nice brushed metal declination of the Safari icon. In Bite it's the sexy Jaku blue popup which is extended.
    .
    Do you mind posting a screenshot with the icons William hasn't posted on dribbble? I have to see them!!

  20. #15694
    The Unknown Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    2,758
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 997 Times in 628 Posts

    ಠ_ಠ

  21. #15695
    Etch A Alfroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,154
    Thanks
    30,183
    Thanked 8,465 Times in 3,563 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    ಠ_ಠ
    William made a shirt with this in an iMessage bubble
    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"

  22. #15696
    The Unknown Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    2,758
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 997 Times in 628 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    William made a shirt with this in an iMessage bubble
    ಠ_ಠ that's why I posted it

  23. #15697
    My iPhone is a Part of Me radioBirdman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    1,465
    Thanked 914 Times in 511 Posts

    Now that's the banner I've been waiting for


  24. #15698
    Etch A Alfroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,154
    Thanks
    30,183
    Thanked 8,465 Times in 3,563 Posts

    Originally posted by Anonymous

    Hmm, so you got a Twitter account in fact.
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 10-18-2012 at 03:10 PM.
    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"

  25. #15699
    My iPhone is a Part of Me radioBirdman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    1,465
    Thanked 914 Times in 511 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokheed View Post
    Here's a factoid about the Google Chrome icon:

    As developers know, Chrome (and all 3rd party browsers in the App Store) uses the same Safari backend (UIWebViews) that every app featuring browser support uses. iOS 5 introduced Nitro to Safari, but never brought those improvements to the class (I don't think iOS 6 has either, but I may be wrong). So basically, Chrome isn't really anything more than a different UI slapped over the same, slower "browser," that every app uses (like Tweetbot for example). Hence why the icon is just an "alternate" style to the default Safari icon. Just a bit of rib poking Google. All in good fun of course.
    And this is one of the many reasons I love Jaku

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    ಠ_ಠ
    I got it. I lolled.

  26. #15700
    The Unknown Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    2,758
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 997 Times in 628 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Originally posted by Anonymous

    Hmm, so you got a Twitter account in fact.
    No, his dribbble has it.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts